Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 20 November

Go down 
+34
spartamoshdock
Sparta3
Stroller
dezza
Pete Mourinho
Paulo
D & B
Jimmyb
The Plough
Skeems
Rwhite08
I luv Edna in Emmerdale
Hellboy
Widds
wheel1
timmy mallet
mowmacre fc
WILKSY
Capello
A.McNulty
L.K.F.C
oily
Mivan are going up
whiteeagles
CSKA17
hotshot66
PEEWEE
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Hairy Hebrew!
Sneijder10
Number1
greeeedy
Polska legend II
Gordon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 4:35 pm

Advance lost 2-1 apparently...watched up until the 85th minute. Thought Advance edged it first half, Birstall in the second half. Thought the bald guy for advance (No 6) in centre mid was a class act............
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:05 pm

Number1 wrote:
Hotshots 1-3 royal oak

Same old story, missed chances bickering terrible ref, 2 offside goals which one for sure was fine and would have won us the game. Hit self destruct with 5 to go. Gave away a stupid penalty and conceded a sloppy third 2 minutes later although a great strike!

Dominated most of the game with oak having two good spells either side of the break. In fairness they are a better side than the table suggests and will pick up points. Not the best footballing side we have played but a good team spirit and did exactly what the wheel did to us, got the ref on side and wound us up.

Not taking anything away from them at all but you Lino was terrible as agreed by some of your players. That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season.

Change the record you tw@t.

You've got the same ref next week, so best to stop slagging him off on here again.
Back to top Go down
I luv Edna in Emmerdale

I luv Edna in Emmerdale

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Bob.

Last edited by I luv Edna in Emmerdale on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Number1 wrote:
Hotshots 1-3 royal oak

Same old story, missed chances bickering terrible ref, 2 offside goals which one for sure was fine and would have won us the game. Hit self destruct with 5 to go. Gave away a stupid penalty and conceded a sloppy third 2 minutes later although a great strike!

Dominated most of the game with oak having two good spells either side of the break. In fairness they are a better side than the table suggests and will pick up points. Not the best footballing side we have played but a good team spirit and did exactly what the wheel did to us, got the ref on side and wound us up.

Not taking anything away from them at all but you Lino was terrible as agreed by some of your players. That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season.

Change the record you tw@t.

You've got the same ref next week, so best to stop slagging him off on here again.

Gordon was top notch. Full marks from me.

Hello boy, did u make an appearance??
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

Enjoyed today's game. NPE battled well but we missed are big players and resorted to putting me up top lol. Good game very even and nice morning for football bit fresh not to have changing rooms lol. To many injuries and players missing hope we have a week off next week to give lads a chance to get fit. Spot on Wilksy good squad who are prepared to work for the team. See hotshots lost so some big league games coming up.
Back to top Go down
I luv Edna in Emmerdale

I luv Edna in Emmerdale

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Quote :
Same old story, missed chances , 2 offside goals which one for sure was fine and would have won us the game. Hit self destruct with 5 to go. Gave away a stupid penalty and conceded a sloppy third 2 minutes later although a great strike!

Dominated most of the game with oak having two good spells either side of the break. In fairness they are a better side than the table suggests and will pick up points. Not the best footballing side we have played but a good team spirit and did exactly what the wheel did to us, wound us up.

Not taking anything away from them at all . That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season.
Editted by Moderator (Not Gordon)

As an impartial observer, i find those comments extremely deluded! If a player that comes back from an offside position but doesnt touch it is impeding the keepers view then he is interfering with play and his offside position counts, whether it is a shot or lucky cross?! Also the other dissallowed goal, if the player that recieved the ball wasnt ahead of the play was square and/or the player who had it squared it he would have been onside?? Watch a real game or read the rulebook ya sad sore loser.. Aside from that, a real steely performance from the visitors after weathering an early storm and if the home side could have stopped their infighting and berating Gordon might not have been so lucky to have made contributions to the county f.a. for mindless gobbing off.. Methinks the majority of the Hotshots need a hug..
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:39 pm

WILKSY wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Good win today for Carnaby's against NPE, who were barely recognisable from the team we played in the cup last year. Started off very well, knocking the ball around, and going ahead after about 20 mins, then started to get a bit impatient or took the foot off the pedal, knocking the ball longer without any real reward. 2nd half was a bit more even, though not many chances created, before we went 2-0 up midway through the 2nd half. NPE scored with about 10-15 minutes to go, making for a tense finish, and they put on a bit more pressure without having any real clear cut chances, and we missed the chance to hit them on the break.
U GUYS SEEMED ALOT BETTER ORGANISED THAN LAST YEAR, NOT GONNA BORE ANY1 WITH EXCUSES BUT WE HAVE ABOUT 6 PLAYERS MISSING AT THE MO AND JUST GRATEFUL THAT WE HAVE A BIG ENOUGH SQUAD TO STILL PLAY THE FIXTURES. GOOD LUCK FOR THE NEXT ROUND, JUST TRY AND KEEP UR NUMBER 9 ONSIDE AND U'LL SCORE ALOT MORE Wink

Prob explains why we didn't recognise many from last year then!! We've had a couple of new players, plus we were missing a few ourselves last year.

Cheers, good luck for the rest of your season, not that you need it from looking at the table!
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:
Enjoyed today's game. NPE battled well but we missed are big players and resorted to putting me up top lol. Good game very even and nice morning for football bit fresh not to have changing rooms lol. To many injuries and players missing hope we have a week off next week to give lads a chance to get fit. Spot on Wilksy good squad who are prepared to work for the team. See hotshots lost so some big league games coming up.

Thought the guy who moved to left back in the first half looked a very good player!
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

timmy mallet wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
U
Number1 wrote:
Hotshots 1-3 royal oak

Same old story, missed chances , 2 offside goals which one for sure was fine and would have won us the game. Hit self destruct with 5 to go. Gave away a stupid penalty and conceded a sloppy third 2 minutes later although a great strike!

Dominated most of the game with oak having two good spells either side of the break. In fairness they are a better side than the table suggests and will pick up points. Not the best footballing side we have played but a good team spirit and did exactly what the wheel did to us, wound us up.

Not taking anything away from them at all That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season.
Editted by Moderator (Not Gordon)
The traditional Number 1 Harboroughs copy and paste excuse!!

Well done Oak, your lino was fine with us last week.

Haha well said whiteeagles. Our linos a top bloke and cant cheat and wont cheat

From 4th September:
Number1 wrote:
Harb hotshots 4-3 White eagles

4-0 up with twenty to go and a blatant dive gifted them a penalty (apologies from their manager and ref after). Then hit self destruct and struggled to hang on after not having a single shot to save for 70 mins! Not a bad bunch but they really need to sort their blatant cheating out, both linos where embarrassing. At one point their manager ran over to their lino and told him to pack it in. Apologies after but they really need to sort it out ruined the game and will ruin more games unless it's sorted. Pleased with the 3 points but 4-3 is very flattering for them.

lol love it, lino and ref were cheats. We hit self destruct... heard it all before lol
firstly I disagree with number1s comments about lino and ref I think gordon had a good game, he did make a few mistakes but so does howard webb! I believe gordon is a fair ref and a fair man, he dedicates a lot of time so that we can play the game we love and putting up with a lot of rubbish along the way so for me the guy should be shown the respect he deserves! As for the lino I will only say that I don't know the guy so can't comment on his morales or his ability to run the line! The only blame today lies with the players on the pitch if we had concentrated on putting the ball in the net instead of getting on the ref and each others backs! I think royal oak are a very solid unit they worked hard for their win today and fully deserved it! As captain I was disgusted with the attitude shown today and after speaking with the manager I can say changes are going to made to how our clubs run from today! Well done royal oak on a fully deserved win.
You are a top bloke and a real credit to Harborough, its a shame you have a muppet in goal who was even having a moan after beating firs 16-1!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 6:06 pm

I luv Edna in Emmerdale wrote:
Bob.

Bob Who?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 6:09 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
timmy mallet wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
U
Number1 wrote:
Hotshots 1-3 royal oak

Not taking anything away from them at all That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season - Editted by Moderator (Not Gordon).
The traditional Number 1 Harboroughs copy and paste excuse!!

Well done Oak, your lino was fine with us last week.

Haha well said whiteeagles. Our linos a top bloke and cant cheat and wont cheat

From 4th September:
Number1 wrote:
Harb hotshots 4-3 White eagles

4-0 up with twenty to go and a blatant dive gifted them a penalty (apologies from their manager and ref after). Then hit self destruct and struggled to hang on after not having a single shot to save for 70 mins! Not a bad bunch but they really need to sort their blatant cheating out, both linos where embarrassing. At one point their manager ran over to their lino and told him to pack it in. Apologies after but they really need to sort it out ruined the game and will ruin more games unless it's sorted. Pleased with the 3 points but 4-3 is very flattering for them.

lol love it, lino and ref were cheats. We hit self destruct... heard it all before lol
firstly I disagree with number1s comments about lino and ref I think gordon had a good game, he did make a few mistakes but so does howard webb! I believe gordon is a fair ref and a fair man, he dedicates a lot of time so that we can play the game we love and putting up with a lot of rubbish along the way so for me the guy should be shown the respect he deserves! As for the lino I will only say that I don't know the guy so can't comment on his morales or his ability to run the line! The only blame today lies with the players on the pitch if we had concentrated on putting the ball in the net instead of getting on the ref and each others backs! I think royal oak are a very solid unit they worked hard for their win today and fully deserved it! As captain I was disgusted with the attitude shown today and after speaking with the manager I can say changes are going to made to how our clubs run from today! Well done royal oak on a fully deserved win.
You are a top bloke and a real credit to Harborough, its a shame you have a muppet in goal who was even having a moan after beating firs 16-1!!

perhaps it was because of the '1' in the '16-1!'
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

Quote :

Not taking anything away from them at all . That aside look forward to the return game and you taking points off others. Good luck for the season. - Editted by Modratory (Not Gordon)

As an impartial observer, i find those comments extremely deluded! If a player that comes back from an offside position but doesnt touch it is impeding the keepers view then he is interfering with play and his offside position counts, whether it is a shot or lucky cross?! Also the other dissallowed goal, if the player that recieved the ball wasnt ahead of the play was square and/or the player who had it squared it he would have been onside?? Watch a real game or read the rulebook ya sad sore loser.. Aside from that, a real steely performance from the visitors after weathering an early storm and if the home side could have stopped their infighting and berating Gordon might not have been so lucky to have made contributions to the county f.a. for mindless gobbing off.. Methinks the majority of the Hotshots need a hug..

Dissent is the curse of the modern game!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

Premier Sports Travel 5-0 Magna 73 Rangers

A first look on the scoreline and you will think, Prem dominated, Magna are rubbish and it was a routine win, well think again!!

We started so well, passing it around, Prem couldnt get near us and were not troubling us at all, the hero for them in the first half was Andy Taylor in goal who made 4 great saves although we shouldn't have gave him a chance, our finishing wasnt as good as it should have been. We had them rattled I think or if not rattled we certainly woke them up.

I feared after missing so many chances we would be made to pay and so it proved although we felt there was a push for the opening goal by Mark Graham on our defender but the ref didnt give it.

We went in 1-0 down but having played so well which was harsh, in the 2nd half it was more even, we were working really hard with Baines and Cartwright once again having great games but Prem were not really troubling us but then in a flash Mobbsy made it 2-0 with a great finish and unfortunately we collapsed and gave them an easy 5-0 win.

Thats just 1pt from 4 league games now since the Advance win, league form is a real issue, today with a bit more firepower we would have got something from todays game I think but you can not excuse the collapse in the last 15 minutes.

Good luck to Premier Sports in there chase for the title.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 7:03 pm

who would dare ever think that Magna are rubbish?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

Played Bees Knees today, thought they had some useful players to be honest. We were 4-1 up at half time and finally we were looking like the team of last year again, attitude pre match, during match and also some of the football we played was outstanding for Sunday League. Second half we let it get back to 4-3 in a shaky period, maybe the lack of confidence recently didnt help, but hopefully we turned things round this weekend and ploughed on with 3 more goals.

Hope the Bees Knees keeper is ok, heard them say the player was going to hospital...
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

Broken Leg Widds, Secretary told me.

Mark, was that a hint of sarcasm??
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 7:22 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH 3 - 0 Magna
Probably upset a few alliance accumulators here. It was a strange game really, we took a punt with a change of shape (helped from a few players not making it out of bed) and it seemed to work. Magna had the best of the opening exchanges but the few imes we ventured over the halfway line we looked a little dangerous.
Lee Stevens broke the deadlock after the keeper was unable to hold a Dave Brennan strike and going into half time 1 up without really playing gave the lads some real confidence. Again Magna started brighter although the workrate shown by the lads to cut out chances was great. With half an hour left a fantastic counter attack saw Brennan double the lead and shortly after Lee Perry had the chance to put it to bed but missed the penalty as an unlucky Magna player handled in the box. Magna continued to have possession and started to build pressure but nothing quite went for them, knowing as we do their cretive options it just never quite came together and at the other end Brennan headed his second as Magna commited men forward.
Just again highlights the competitiveness of the league but best of luck to Magna, a fantastic start to their season and we wish them all the best.

so those that stayed in bed are on the bench next week???

Certainly gives some food for thought!!! It's a good problem to have when players can come in and really do a job.
Back to top Go down
I luv Edna in Emmerdale

I luv Edna in Emmerdale

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 8:02 pm

[/quote] Bob Who?

Bob Inglis, Wigston Legend! Wobbly Bob!
Back to top Go down
I luv Edna in Emmerdale

I luv Edna in Emmerdale

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

Agreed, from top to bottom!! Today's players could learn a thing or two from The Egg Chasers! afro
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 8:56 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

Not at all! Just thought u were being a bit harsh on yourselves!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 8:57 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH 3 - 0 Magna
Probably upset a few alliance accumulators here. It was a strange game really, we took a punt with a change of shape (helped from a few players not making it out of bed) and it seemed to work. Magna had the best of the opening exchanges but the few imes we ventured over the halfway line we looked a little dangerous.
Lee Stevens broke the deadlock after the keeper was unable to hold a Dave Brennan strike and going into half time 1 up without really playing gave the lads some real confidence. Again Magna started brighter although the workrate shown by the lads to cut out chances was great. With half an hour left a fantastic counter attack saw Brennan double the lead and shortly after Lee Perry had the chance to put it to bed but missed the penalty as an unlucky Magna player handled in the box. Magna continued to have possession and started to build pressure but nothing quite went for them, knowing as we do their cretive options it just never quite came together and at the other end Brennan headed his second as Magna commited men forward.
Just again highlights the competitiveness of the league but best of luck to Magna, a fantastic start to their season and we wish them all the best.

so those that stayed in bed are on the bench next week???

Certainly gives some food for thought!!! It's a good problem to have when players can come in and really do a job.

Depends why they stayed in bed!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

Agreed, from top to bottom!! Today's players could learn a thing or two from The Egg Chasers! afro

Only about respecting the referee. Think the rest is pretty equal!
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Rwhite08 wrote:

Thought the guy who moved to left back in the first half looked a very good player!
luke pickering, probly the best keeper in the alliance. got released by leics a short while ago but still only 17 so plenty of time yet! ask hotshots how good he is in goal, lol
Back to top Go down
The Plough

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

White Eagles 3-2 The Firs old boys

What can I say, we went 1-0 down then drew level, then 2-1 down and came back to 2-2, but there was no way back after they scored the third. Both teams really wanted to win this one but White eagles were the better team and to be fair they would of had more than 3 if it wasn't for the woodwork and a couple of goal line clearances. Well done White eagles and all the best for the rest of the season. Good game and very well reffed by Clive Bruce
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

Fosse City 5 - 3 Frolesworth

Good result for us in the end, although I'm not really sure we were that desperate for the win knowing that it would earn us a match against Star & Garter.

Thought both teams played some really good football at times and Frolesworth have alot of quality in midfield and up top, but defensively they didn't cope with our pacy attacks.

Went 1-0 down to what we thought was a very soft free kick, quality strike from 25 yards though. We, then equalised with an equally as soft penalty. Went in at half time 2-1 down to a scrappy goal.

We came out fighting and turned the game on its head and were 4-2 up with about 20 minutes left. Frolesworth then threw everything at us, grabbed another goal and had us rocking until we killed the game with the 5th with 5 minutes to go.

Frolesworth are a good team and a good set of lads but I've never played against such a quiet side. Overall we deserved the win and are looking forward to beating Star in the next round.

Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

The firs old boys wrote:
White Eagles 3-2 The Firs old boys

What can I say, we went 1-0 down then drew level, then 2-1 down and came back to 2-2, but there was no way back after they scored the third. Both teams really wanted to win this one but White eagles were the better team and to be fair they would of had more than 3 if it wasn't for the woodwork and a couple of goal line clearances. Well done White eagles and all the best for the rest of the season. Good game and very well reffed by Clive Bruce
It was a great game, we just couldn't get the ball into the net enough in the 2nd half, hit the woodwork 3 (?) times I think and had two disallowed on tight offside decisions. Massive difference from our performance a couple of weeks back! Was nice to get some revenge Very Happy You're a good bunch and still can't see how you lost to Harborough 16-1! Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
D & B

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

Dunton & Broughton 6 - 1 LDA Spartans

Just like to thank LDA for a good game today, they were a top set of guys who didn't stop working for the whole game. A lot of sides would have easily gave up after going a few goals down but they worked their socks off throughout, especially the first half when it was 1-0. Most of the people watching on the sidelines also said how well you defended in the 1st half so that can only be a good thing. We passed the ball around nicely and created some good chances. Sorry for our bar not being open as well! All the best for the season.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:07 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

cheers pal, spoke to Bees sec and he is down hospital, am shocked coz the challenge was so innocuous, poor sod
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:57 am

L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH 3 - 0 Magna

Was a very tight game mate, thought we dominated for long spells but never looked like scoring today, which is unusal for us. We could have been there all day i think and not have scored. 3 mistakes from us cost us dear, but thats the quality of this league. Lets take nothing away from your boys who played extremely well and was solid throughout and fully deserved the 3 points, hope this is the reality check we needed!

Good luck for the rest of the season always a plesure playing against u boys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:12 am

Mivan are going up wrote:
Mivan-3 FC Hoskins-6

So proud of our lads today! Worked for each other all game and never stopped!

before the game we all agreed to go out and have a go. We would rather lose 10-nil and have a go at them rather than do nothing and accept the inevitable. A set peice and a deflected shot put them 2-0 up and then Rav Dhillon bagging to pull one back. Another set peice and we went in 3-1 down which was in out veiw underserved.

Second half hoskins came out quick and a few set peices later it was 5-1, however we were creating chances the whole time and never gave it. about 75 mins we scored 2 in 2 minutes and it was 5-3. We then hit the post and the bar before hoskins despatched a "quick free kick" although the ref didnt blow his whistle to start the game again which was frustrating. However no doubt Hoskins deserved the win but we really gave everything we had and never stopped! Its these kind of results that can you bring you closer as a team.

Good luck to Hoskins, was good to se a few old faces and the game was played in really good spirits!

inter mivan totall respect to you lot never gave up even tho our lads wer fuking about shooting at own goal but u lot was 110% for 90mins and deserved the 3goals u scored think it would off been fair if u lot could of gone 1nil up but even when 5-1 down your lads still thought u could get summit out the game so keep the squad all the same motivation and youll do well this season and future seasons good luck MIVAN cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

Sparta Moshdock 2-5 Huncote Sunday

Really don't like coming on here and talking our boys up as it normally leads to a fall, so have slept on it before posting this lol!

A great performance yesterday, the Moshdock could say they were below par and I'm sure they were, but we were outstanding. A nervous start and a goal down our pre-match fears of a stuffing were on the cards. We made some changes for the game as well as we rotate our match day squad to keep everyone smiling.

We started to gain some confidence as the game went on and Moshdock weren't testing us a much as we expected, a goal mouth scrabble led to Adam Dyke firing the ball into the roof of the net for a deserved equalizer. Wes Johnson and Adam Dyke combined shortly after to win a penalty, Wes dispatched to end Huncote/Bakers/LM Utd awful penalty record to take the lead.

Real believe set in when Adam added his second of the game before half time.

We expected a onslaught second half as Moshdock tried to get back in the game by our defence stood firm and Russell Smith hit what can only be described as a 'wonder strike' from edge of the area to make it 4-1

Our back line held firm and until 20 minutes to go when Moshdock got one back

Just when we thought we were going to be in for a rough ride towards the end MOTM and Centre Half Gary Reader broke from the back to overtake the rest of our side and slot home the 5th to seal the performance

Great banner on the sidelines too.

Sparta Moshdock are clearly a good side but maybe lacked the attitude and work rate yesterday that was needed to see off a stubborn Division Three Side

Good Luck for the rest of the season to all at Moshdock

Really proud of the lads, one of if not the best performance in the 11 years we have been around!!

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Huncote Sec wrote:

Really don't like coming on here and talking our boys up as it normally leads to a fall, so have slept on it before posting this lol!

A great performance yesterday, the Moshdock could say they were below par and I'm sure they were, but we were outstanding. A nervous start and a goal down our pre-match fears of a stuffing were on the cards. We made some changes for the game as well as we rotate our match day squad to keep everyone smiling.

We started to gain some confidence as the game went on and Moshdock weren't testing us a much as we expected, a goal mouth scrabble led to Adam Dyke firing the ball into the roof of the net for a deserved equalizer. Wes Johnson and Adam Dyke combined shortly after to win a penalty, Wes dispatched to end Huncote/Bakers/LM Utd awful penalty record to take the lead.

We expected a onslaught second half as Moshdock tried to get back in the game by our defence stood firm and Russell Smith hit what can only be described as a 'wonder strike' from edge of the area to make it 4-1

Just when we thought we were going to be in for a rough ride towards the end MOTM and Centre Half Gary Reader broke from the back to overtake the rest of our side and slot home the 5th to seal the performance

Sparta Moshdock are clearly a good side but maybe lacked the attitude and work rate yesterday that was needed to see off a stubborn Division Three Side

Really proud of the lads, one of if not the best performance in the 11 years we have been around!!

congratulations on your win pal!!!!!!!

with your win against moshdock and ours against prem in the last round is div 3 the way forward in the bill walton hahaha
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

dezza wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:

with your win against moshdock and ours against prem in the last round is div 3 the way forward in the bill walton hahaha

Div 3 is the future lol!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH 3 - 0 Magna

Was a very tight game mate, thought we dominated for long spells but never looked like scoring today, which is unusal for us. We could have been there all day i think and not have scored. 3 mistakes from us cost us dear, but thats the quality of this league. Lets take nothing away from your boys who played extremely well and was solid throughout and fully deserved the 3 points, hope this is the reality check we needed!

absolutely agree mate I think only GT have had more of the ball against us this year it just never seemed to quite open up, was nice to see our back line looking solid again. Loved seeing your keeper camped in our box for the last 5 minutes, I thought he'd switched teams!!! Still think that centre back of yours is a class act!
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

dezza wrote:

Throops last years runners up as Div 2 side

Hoskins beaten in semi's as Div 3 side

Trinderbox beaten in quarters as Div 3 side

Perhaps the Billy Walton isn't the write off that some lower placed treat it as
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH 3 - 0 Magna

absolutely agree mate I think only GT have had more of the ball against us this year it just never seemed to quite open up, was nice to see our back line looking solid again. Loved seeing your keeper camped in our box for the last 5 minutes, I thought he'd switched teams!!! Still think that centre back of yours is a class act!

Darrell has been class, few uncharecteristic mistakes off him but understandable at the moment. Not seen him lose a header yet....got everything to play wherever he wants! great addition to the side

Ossie was close with a header as well, maybe shud send him up more often!

Last edited by Paulo_MTFC on Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

does adam dyke still draw all the fouls out of opposing players? he used to get some right nailings when playing for us, just because players couldn't stop him, they would stop him any way they could!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:

I Certainly hope it does! Great result for you that, see you next week geek
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

that's a tasty game next week. bet that will be on Kev's predicitons for the week without doubt
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
does adam dyke still draw all the fouls out of opposing players? he used to get some right nailings when playing for us, just because players couldn't stop him, they would stop him any way they could!

Without a doubt the most fouled player I have ever played with, although Wes Johnson runs him close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 20 November
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next