Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Squad Numbers

Go down 
+25
Skeems
Fieldy
WILKSY
Widds
spartamoshdock
BEES KNEES
Hellboy
Jim royle
man in black
Paulo
Joey Barton
Stroller
Dog13
LoneRanger38
Fishandchips
THE WATCHER
Gifford
Coley21
Alsmp1
Blackie
dan_mitchell_WRFC
shawry1984
Jenko
Polska legend II
PEEWEE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Squad Numbers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

We have squad numbers but apart from Bomma who has to wear 7, Iain Gray who wears 13 (I don't know either) and Skeems who has to wear 8 (when he plays which is rare these days) there not really used on match days. The main purpose of the squad numbers is to determine who takes the kit home to wash it as it goes in numerical order.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

WILKSY wrote:
looks like a hi viz, flourescent and black.

So it's you that paid for our old kit of Ebay!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:
Our manager asked us all the other day what squad number we wanted as he was getting the new kit printed, i was quite suprised at the amount of players that requested a certain number as its never really been something thats ever bothered me!! what do other teams do regarding squad numbers?? do you have a certain number you play in?? and why??

Sounds like a Cilla Black's Blind date question.

very good, is that question to no1 no2 or no3.

Your admired wittiness is rubbing off on me :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

THE WATCHER wrote:
Blackie wrote:
THE WATCHER wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Got to be number 10 for me - got absolutely no reason why though.

Always wore it at Red Cow, Es Cana (when I could get it off Daz Russell) and then Birstall Rangers.

Now I've left Birstall I'm kind of hoping they've retired the shirt in my honour - somehow I doubt it though!! Very Happy

how long ago did you play for escana blackie

I've been trying to work it out Watcher - must be 20 years ago and was there for about 5/6 years..

Also played for the Es Cana Vets side.

Did you play for them yourself mate?

no not good enough mate
just wondered if paul phillips was playing for them then i seem to remember him playing about the same time as das russell

Yes mate, Paul Phillips was in the same team.

Quality player - top bloke too
Back to top Go down
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

Blackie wrote:
THE WATCHER wrote:
Blackie wrote:
THE WATCHER wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Got to be number 10 for me - got absolutely no reason why though.

Always wore it at Red Cow, Es Cana (when I could get it off Daz Russell) and then Birstall Rangers.

Now I've left Birstall I'm kind of hoping they've retired the shirt in my honour - somehow I doubt it though!! Very Happy

how long ago did you play for escana blackie

I've been trying to work it out Watcher - must be 20 years ago and was there for about 5/6 years..

Also played for the Es Cana Vets side.

Did you play for them yourself mate?

no not good enough mate
just wondered if paul phillips was playing for them then i seem to remember him playing about the same time as das russell

Yes mate, Paul Phillips was in the same team.

Quality player - top bloke too

yeah good lad paul not seen him for ages
he was on a yts scheme with preston playing up front for their A team along side nigel jemson
who went on too play league football for among others notts forest
paul was released which p***ed him off cos he always reckoned he was better than jemson Mad
Back to top Go down
shawry1984

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
WILKSY wrote:
looks like a hi viz, flourescent and black.

So it's you that paid for our old kit of Ebay!! lol

no mate ours is brand new
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

19. I was issued with it when I joined
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 12:49 am

Over half of our lads prefer a number

Used to wear 14 myself but in recent seasons less bothered, I now ask my 4 year old what number I should wear each Sunday AM and pick that out! She knows more about the game than most of our lads anyway
Back to top Go down
Kilworthsunday

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 1:19 am

Which one are you wearing tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 8:11 am

The request was number 2!!
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

we all picked our own numbers when we got our new kit, dont think there are many 1-11's! i wear 66 no special reason
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

Cole Brookfield wrote:
21 for me...altho Wigston rangers only went up to 19 so had to settle for that Smile

I retract this statement as we now have a 21 shirt again!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
we all picked our own numbers when we got our new kit, dont think there are many 1-11's! i wear 66 no special reason

as long as its not 666
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

auctioned our new kit, made a bit of cash for the club and every1 got the shirt they wore anyhow. now just saves me washing it all as they take them home. one lad quit as he has played for us for 2 years and felt he had earnt the number 3 shirt but was too tight to chip in a fiver so hes not invloved anymore. why is there so many tight f,u,c,k,s in football?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

one of my lads always 'missed calls' me so I have to call him back. i try not to though.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 9:24 am

tell me bout it, think our lads had read my comments on here as this week was the only week they all text back without me chasing them
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 11:48 am

the power of the forum!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 8:02 am

Polska legend II wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:

as long as its not 666

Squad Numbers - Page 2 220px-Archery_Target_80cm.svg

1 for the firs old boys.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 8:41 am

Polska legend II wrote:
think they checked out the validity of the 00 shirt and got the green light

although alliance league rules state shirts should be numbered uniquely.....namely 1 to 11
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 9:00 am

is that still in the rulebook? i understood they got it cleared at fa level
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

page 9 notes for club secretaries

rule 9 says shirts must be numbered,,wonder if one wants changing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squad Numbers   Squad Numbers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squad Numbers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2