Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Alliance League Charity Shield?

Go down 
+24
dk4632
Polska legend II
Paulo
BigTimeCharlie
THE MAGICIAN
LoneRanger38
dezza
Aussie Owl
Widds
mickkkkkky
AHC
stevepercy
Jim royle
greeeedy
Hellboy
mongy
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Giggsisgod
Joey Essex
chubby
saff lounge
Alan Partridge
gattuso
CSKA Carnabys
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:20 am

Hellboy wrote:
Its very funny that a lot of people that wanted me banned for going off topic, come on here and go off themselves, double standards all round
Stick to the topic please.

Wink
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:21 am

bretty1 wrote:
i think both n.r.i and saff should go up 2 divisions,they both had good seasons in winning there respective doubles. fair play to them,now let them have hopefully a more competative season.

if you think saff lounge should go up 2 divisions then so should mdh, birstall and even oadby, oadby could have won the league with a game to spare, just because you win 2 trophies you think you should go up 2 divisions ?
well birstall could easily have won the trophies we won, they were 2 points behind us in the league, beat us 6-1 in the last week of the season and had us beat 3 times in the county cup semi final, mdh = runners up in the league and runners up to nri in the stokes cup after losing 1-0 to a late goal,

lets put a team up 2 divisions because they won 2 trophies pmsl absolute comical statement
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:28 am

its not comical saff lounge it is purely stating what has happened previously thats all, hence my comment above about consistancy across the divisions when it comes to promotion and relegation
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:29 am

Like Paulo says all we can ask for is consistancy from the league (i'd expect the teams he named to be in the same division), if memory serves me right havn't the last two winners of Div 4 have been placed in Division 2?

Widds - Does 6th place warrant promotion - Yes this season I do looking at the division 3 table will the top 4 from this league not be in Divisions 1 or above?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:31 am

whether they deserve to or not is not up to any of us its up to the league how many divisions teams will go up/down can i just say my personal opinion is if nri and saff lounge were to go up 2 divisions they would still both be competetive and hold their own in their respective leagues a compliment to both teams who have both done well this season good luck to both of them whichever league they will go into
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 12:09 pm

Fair call Wayne. Like you say three teams you expect to go to division 1 from division 3. The other thing to consider is New teams and teams folding. You Will prob see a restructure of the league rather than straight promotions.
Cheers for comments Greeedy. We would love to be in the prem at some stage, but we want to do it as gradual building to get there on merit, Not wholesale changes to ruin our fantastic team spirit. Anyway, subject done to death on our part i think. What ever Will be Will be
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:54 pm

in all the years ive been in the alliance the league winners go up 2 divisions,most actually do very well despite that. so im not pickin on saff or n.r.i its just what happens. the magician seems rather irate that our reserves came 6th,the sorry fact is,we were not good enough. goin into the last month we were buzzing,we then met the big boys in the div. draw against nri,deserved defeats against bakers,desford and sparta. no disrespect 2 the other teams but we had beaten the lesser sides and realism hit us hard in that disasterous last month
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 6:13 pm

Weren't you missing six players against us? And nearly beat us with your fringe players etc. I think you do yourself a disservice.

Is that really true that every league winner goes up two because that seems crazy.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 6:21 pm

we all come out with excuses dont we. that game was a tale of 2 keepers. mickey stopped everything an outfield player threw at him.im not goin any further. but yes its true about going up 2 divs
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:36 pm

Lol, not sure where I was irate I was just trying to put some perspective into our personal situation. If we end up in Div 2 I will say again I won't mumble a word about it, I have inherited an honest set of lads and I'm sure they will try there best to compete whatever Division. Besides having watched Hoskins and Star and Garter at the end of the season and the standard what Div 3 holds I'm not sure I want to go into Div 3 anyway. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:38 pm

Widds - We did have 5 players missing the Smith brothers were away, Bill (who didn't play much at all last season through injury) and Simo was out suspended, as I stated at the time I wouldn't use it as an excuse, was just a little miffed that we had a free date request rejected which was a shame for the lads who missed out, that was our squad of 16. Like Bretty says Micky had a stormer & on another day you could have won by a couple more? But I was proud of the lads especially from the A-Team who stepped up on the bench (even though your manager seemed to no more about the subs I brought on than myself). After that we lost a little belief which was a shame with the final nail being the Parva game that I won't talk about as it got us into enough trouble.

Like you said earlier and I think Kev from the comittee has indicated on another post the league have identified that the Prem will have a minimum of 10 & a revamped Div 1 from our 1st team down so if that means we are Division 3 and the right teams go into the those divisions thats fine by me!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 9:06 pm

Fair play mate, as i say, whatever division we are in, we will give it a go, cant wait for the new season to start, and i am fairly sure me and my mates are all up for completing the season lol
I dont think you can do a hard and fast rule for promotions, but whatever happens will be fine. Personally, i would rather not be in the same division as Magna and yourself anyway, i think Magna are too fit for us, and you boys are a bit to rough for us oadby borough pansies!!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 7:13 am

Widds wrote:
...and i am fairly sure me and my mates are all up for completing the season...

lets see what happens around Christmas when you're mid-table and been getting beat most weeks - you'll see who your true mates are then.
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 9:14 am

Maybe around the same Xmas period that you realise that no one gives a shiny sh/!e what you say!
So bore off and try and pick on another team as tbh it was doubters like you that spurred us on to win the double!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 9:49 am

Widds wrote:
Fair play mate, as i say, whatever division we are in, we will give it a go, cant wait for the new season to start, and i am fairly sure me and my mates are all up for completing the season lol
I dont think you can do a hard and fast rule for promotions, but whatever happens will be fine. Personally, i would rather not be in the same division as Magna and yourself anyway, i think Magna are too fit for us, and you boys are a bit to rough for us oadby borough pansies!!! ;-)

not sure bout that mate, but appreciate the compliment, as long as the league is competitive then shud be anotehr enjoybale season, especially if the division (3 or 4) has nri, bakers, magna, sparta, desford, niffy...plus i suspect saff lounge and then ac, sporting, and the humerstones (if they both carry on)...wud be very tight
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 10:24 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Widds wrote:

not sure bout that mate, but appreciate the compliment, as long as the league is competitive then shud be anotehr enjoybale season, especially if the division (3 or 4) has nri, bakers, magna, sparta, desford, niffy...plus i suspect saff lounge and then ac, sporting, and the humerstones (if they both carry on)...wud be very tight

From a personal point of view, i would enjoy that. I think Sparta would be a different proposition if they can get their team out regularly, and i am sure that you boys think you can beat us (as proved). Not sure that Desford and Niffy will be in the same division, but the other teams you mention i would hazard a guess that they will be in the same one. Said before, last season was class, nobody could pick a winner up until the last week or so of the season, whatever division we are in, if its as good as last seasons then i will be happy! All those teams you mention can take points off each other, would be interesting to know what a league table of just NRI, Bakers, Magna and Sparta would look like? I know we dropped 6 points out of 18 in those games, how did you boys fair?
You also have to take into account the newly formed teams who will likely be in the division and maybe MDH?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 10:40 am

Thats been our biggest problem since we started three seasons ago, we struggle in the big games, when we have to win...our record was

NRI- W1 L1 - 3pts
Bakers- D1 L1 -1pt
Sparta- W1 L1 - 3pts

So 7 out of 18...very average!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:20 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Thats been our biggest problem since we started three seasons ago, we struggle in the big games, when we have to win...our record was

NRI- W1 L1 - 3pts
Bakers- D1 L1 -1pt
Sparta- W1 L1 - 3pts

Thats a shame mate because i know first hand you have the ability to take points, and looking at the results you took points a few times against other 'top' teams in the division. Is your team a young team, or did you change your players a lot? Or just got unlucky?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:39 pm

Widds wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

NRI- W1 L1 - 3pts
Bakers- D1 L1 -1pt
Sparta- W1 L1 - 3pts

Thats a shame mate because i know first hand you have the ability to take points, and looking at the results you took points a few times against other 'top' teams in the division. Is your team a young team, or did you change your players a lot? Or just got unlucky?

Yeah we are pretty young tbh, we only had 2 over 30's in the side. We had a squad of only 14 so quite a consistant team every week, not sure what the problem is tbh, happened two other previous seasons to... there is always next yr lol
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 8:16 am

Paulo - Can't see either of being in the same league as NRI, this is of course all guess work. drawing up a constitution must be a nightmare for the league, like Widds said what willl be will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League Charity Shield?   Alliance League Charity Shield? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance League Charity Shield?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3