Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Who's your favourite team and referee.

Go down 
+11
dezza
Vintage 9
gattuso
Vyvyan
Polska legend II
greeeedy
Katie G
Tomassi
spartamoshdock
Paulo
Hellboy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Who's your favourite team and referee. Empty
PostSubject: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:56 am

?
From the Alliance League only, and not counting your own team, otherwise thats boring, also which referee do you have a soft spot for?

I think Michael Scrivens is an up and coming star, and a genuinley nice person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 11:21 am

I have to say Gordon Wells as a ref (mainly because he is ours this week!!), but in seriousness, they have all been good this season really. I think we have only had one 'poor performance' which is of course subjective and other people may disagree with me about that refs performance.
Favourite teams, there are a few:

Harrow - we were struggling for decent players and the season looked a long one, then we got a few players down for the friendly against Harrow, plus our manager Malc and we played our best pre-season game, if we hadnt done that, we probably wouldnt have the players we have, and Malc would have run a mile if he had seen us the previous week! So a soft spot for them.

Sporting Highcross - Ex Leicester Sunday League come across to have a crack at the big time

Bullshead - came in bolshy and are having a go in the prem, i like their attitude and willingness to give it a go.

In our division i think two teams - Inter Mivan for keeping on going in what must seem like the longest season ever, all the best to you chaps. And second team in our division Magna - most teams would have folded at 4-0 down as we played some great football and they were a bit rusty, but showed great character and despite some crunching tackles on both sides, the game was played in fantastic spirit with their secretary etc coming to shake my hand at the end - great attitude
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 11:29 am

Favourite Referee: probably is Ritchie Robertson always good banter and a first class referee. Other of note John Farrell and Bob Ogle is a legend at Magna Smile

Favourite Team: Teams I always look out for outside of our Division are Sparta Moshdock and MDH Knights, got some good mates in both sides and always been good games whenever we have played them

Our division agree with NRI enjoyable game, despite the result, have a good set up and also Bees Knees were quality when they came to our place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 11:35 am

The refs have been good this season, very impressed. The referee we had in the County Cup this weekend was the best yet....unfortunately I can't remember his name!

As for teams: Cheers Paulo, would agree that we have had plenty of good pre-season friendlies and hopefully will continue like that.

Also got a mutual respect / fondness for Bullshead having come up against several of their players in their previous guises of Toyoda and Terratruck over the last few seasons, with some great games.

Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 12:06 pm

Team - Oadby Owls Mans - Great bunch of lads, play the football in exactly the right way, no dirty players and some right good banter with there defenders

Ref - the one and only Cory Shackleton - No ref has better banter (Kevin French coming a close 2nd), but not one to be crossed! I hear he has retired now, a sad loss Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 12:39 pm

I always have a lot of good banter with the Superfly Secretary on the sideline, and he keeps smiling when he gets a bit of grief from his lads!

I think the Stones brothers always do a good job, and are genuinely friendly- they don't let the power go to their heads which is always good in a referee!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 12:50 pm

referee:
without question the one and only ritchie robertson known him for years good banter and a first class referee

teams a few for me always look for nri in div 4
prem sports and advance in prem both cracking bunch of lads
and also sparta moshdock thought they were a great bunch too
but just topping the list has to be hoskins for me as im friends with all the lads there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 6:16 pm

brian morrell best ref in the league in my opinion. and have always liked those AC Wigston lads!
Back to top Go down
Vyvyan

Vyvyan

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 7:11 pm

AFC Beesknees - they are on the up, some good young players.
Also Sporting Wigston, always a pleasure playing them, good bunch of lads

Best Ref - Brian Morrell & Paul (Sammy) Mcilroy
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

always look for sporting wigston - being my old club and having alot of respect for jeysey.

also bullhead, look like a team that enjoy their football
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

Fosse City, Great bunch of lads and we have had some great games against them over the last couple of years. Favourite ref is Steve Hill, treats players with respect and gets it returned always from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

refs- brian morrel martin dexter

as for teams im going for N.R.I good set of lads there they are an up and coming side and reckon malc will work his magic andalso saffron lounge as know all there lads and are a good side.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 12:27 am

dezza wrote:
refs- brian morrel martin dexter

as for teams im going for N.R.I good set of lads there they are an up and coming side and reckon malc will work his magic andalso saffron lounge as know all there lads and are a good side.

Agree with the Refs there Dezza, along with Kev French.

Can feel the love for NRI from a few which is always nice Smile

For me I look out for Sporting Highcross and now I will keep a close eye on Hood park Rangers.

Plus for obvious reasons I look at the whole of Divison 4
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 1:44 pm

Not sure about ref, but most this season have been very consistant.

Teams,

I have friends at Magna and Hood Park so always keep an eye for there results and enjoy playing them,

Also enjoyed playing the likes of Sporting and Fosse over the last couple of seasons had some good close battles with them and hope we can join them in the higher divisions sooner rather than later.

And good to see little bowden going well in Div 6 after a few tough seasons

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 7:03 pm

Ritchie Robertson or Clive Bruce

Countesthorpe royals or Leicester foxes
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 9:21 pm

Over the 6 years we played

John Farrell and Clive Bruce

Throops and Gutho Old boys
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 9:23 pm

Should also give a mention to Fosse, good bunch
Back to top Go down
funtime frankie

funtime frankie

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 4:31 pm

Mark Lever or Brian Morrell
This year i would say Sporting Highcross as dezza says a good tight game between us and a decent bunch of lads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favourite team and referee.   Who's your favourite team and referee. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's your favourite team and referee.
Page 1 of 1