Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Harborough hotshots

Go down 
+16
timmy mallet
ace ventura
EJT09
rudedog
NiffyA
patsharp
Robbo
mthompson08
Hellboy
leon
tekkas
LCFCHOTSHOT
WEUR
chubby
Plough new boy
Number1
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Number1

Harborough hotshots  Empty
PostSubject: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:30 pm

Decided to go and watch harborough hotshots today as I was in the area and we are playing them in the cup next week. I have never seen a more one sided 3-1 defeat, they could have one by 10 I just hope they are misfiring like this next week how they are in division 6 I do not know, they looked a quality outfit and thought west end were very very lucky to say the least. Also little Bowden were playing niffy on the adjacent pitch, wasglad to see them win rode there luck at times to 2-1 win, we all love seeing niffy loosing ha. I really don't think there is a big gap between the bottom 3 divisions, both hotshots and Bowden would hold there own in Div 4!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

thanks bowden are great though hotshots very poor team only grant and matt coyne can play football,rest very average-poor players
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:49 pm

Obviously some rivalry lol, no disrespect ment by this but if they could finish they would have beat any team in that division, have they played you yet? Which is grant and matt, the two guys up top? They looked ok and got into good positions just couldnt finish, they have pace on the wings and the defence looks pretty solid apart from some silly mistakes, think hotshots maybe top 3 on niffy performance god knows how they are top, and again mate don't mean anything by it but think you guys will just miss out, seen a few games in div 6 as was considering playing for wigston rangers this season, not a bad side bowden but too week in too many areas in the games I have seen you play all very average players and no one really stands out, but good luck good and congrats on a good win.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

well apart from the lad in centre mid !!! no hotshots are good team better than us, we are just a bunch off mates playing fotball.holding are own alls good !! hotshots are good team surprised they lost,its all about team spirit though we are poor but we booze even when we lose,team spirit,hotshots will fold bowden will carry on playing but being awful x
Back to top Go down
chubby

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 9:10 pm

West end have beaten them twice now so its either lucky for west end or unucky for hot shots.

You can't win games if you can't score goals and thats fact (4-2 last game 3-1 this time) must of been 2 lucky wins for West End a.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 5:59 am

i too was at the west end game playing lol, you couldnt have been there all game thats all i can say?!?! the harborough lads agreed after the game that we had the better of the game for the first 20-25mins then they started playing and should have been 4 or 5 up by half time, how you can say they dominated in the second half i will never know seen as we scored all our 3 goals in the second half??? they did have chances yes but we had chances that were missed aswell as the goals scored.
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 7:43 am

True you did have chances all 3 of them all 3 pathetic defensive mistakes, was just saying how it was mate, an own goal and two terrible defensive mistakes apart from that there keeper only had one save to make. You took your chances and a good snatch and grab but you have to admit a win of any sort flattered you, you must be very pleased though good result. Maybe you should get your keeper on pitch what was he doing lol, free kicks from the half way line and some of his runs were comical.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

chubby wrote:

West end have beaten them twice now so its either lucky for west end or unucky for hot shots.

You can't win games if you can't score goals and thats fact (4-2 last game 3-1 this time) must of been 2 lucky wins for West End a.

First Game wasn't 4-2! Was 3-1 After Extra time in the Bill Walton!
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:37 am

WEUR wrote:
i too was at the west end game playing lol, you couldnt have been there all game thats all i can say?!?! the harborough lads agreed after the game that we had the better of the game for the first 20-25mins then they started playing and should have been 4 or 5 up by half time, how you can say they dominated in the second half i will never know seen as we scored all our 3 goals in the second half??? they did have chances yes but we had chances that were missed aswell as the goals scored.

Agreed mate, took us the first 20minutes to settle down and could maybe have been a goal down by then , but after that I agree we should have gone in at half time 4 or 5 up maybe more with a bit of composure in front of goal.
Thought the 2nd half was fairly even possession wise but again we wasted at least 5 or 6 guilt edge chances to kill the game off and add that to 3 shocking defensive errors and you get your score line. Fair play to you boys though, you took your chances really well when they came and that's what you have to do if your gonna win games. With the Little Bowden Niffy result, shaping up to be a cracking league.
Back to top Go down
tekkas

tekkas

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:14 am

Bowden new boy wrote:
thanks bowden are great though hotshots very poor team only grant and matt coyne can play football,rest very average-poor players

grant is a very good player who should be playing at a higher level an the same applies to clint who usually plays up top but that lanky streak of p*** matty is just lucky, hotshots are welcome to him as we are playing as a team without him this season!
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 11:31 am

i think its a bit harsh to say they are all average to poor players bar 2! lol!
Back to top Go down
tekkas

tekkas

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 11:37 am

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
chubby wrote:

so 2 games with the same outcome, so when you play them again and they beat you 3-1 again will you admit that west end are a better side than you?????????
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

Number1 wrote:
True you did have chances all 3 of them all 3 pathetic defensive mistakes, was just saying how it was mate, an own goal and two terrible defensive mistakes apart from that there keeper only had one save to make. You took your chances and a good snatch and grab but you have to admit a win of any sort flattered you, you must be very pleased though good result. Maybe you should get your keeper on pitch what was he doing lol, free kicks from the half way line and some of his runs were comical.

lol you leave our keeper alone!!! he is actually a centre back but our old keeper was lets say.....not very good!!! lol. It must be very amusing from an outsider seeing him dribble the ball around the attackers instead of picking the ball up!!!
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:15 pm

tekkas wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
chubby wrote:

so 2 games with the same outcome, so when you play them again and they beat you 3-1 again will you admit that west end are a better side than you?????????

Talk to anyone that watched the game mate and they'll tell you that we should have won the game comfortably. At there place in the cup we were well below par and in extra time anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:16 pm

leon wrote:
i think its a bit harsh to say they are all average to poor players bar 2! lol!

Especially coming from them!
Back to top Go down
tekkas

tekkas

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:36 pm

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
tekkas wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
chubby wrote:

Talk to anyone that watched the game mate and they'll tell you that we should have won the game comfortably. At there place in the cup we were well below par and in extra time anything can happen.

what you meant to say was your 2 half decent players never turned up so it fell apart. we may have a team full of average players but we are a team and we play as a team scratch
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

Started something here oops lol, just saying how it is, too end this from an outsider bowden are not a great side neither are niffy, after seeing hotshots yesterday and at wigston rangers I can't see them not finishing in the top 3, good luck to both of you but I know who my money is on.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

Number1 wrote:
Started something here oops lol, just saying how it is, too end this from an outsider bowden are not a great side neither are niffy, after seeing hotshots yesterday and at wigston rangers I can't see them not finishing in the top 3, good luck to both of you but I know who my money is on.

if u have any sense kibworth!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 2:06 pm

WEUR wrote:
Number1 wrote:

If he'd had any sense, he wouldn't have told people he went to watch the Harborough hotshots in the first place. Good grief what an excitng life he leads.
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 2:33 pm

Lol, better than being stuck at home with the family, don't know much about kibworth but says in the results they lost 4-0 to hotshots.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 2:36 pm

WEUR wrote:
Number1 wrote:

Have your boys played Kibworth yet mate? We've not played them in the league, but beat them 4-0 in the cup. Thought they were very average, yet everyone seems to rave about them!? Or is it we just caught them on an off day?
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 2:43 pm

Nope as not in our division, were a poor side leaking goals in div 4 mate ha, even bowden would probably beat us, is there lots of rivalry between you as ur both from harb, seems lots of jealous bowden players would love to playing for the hotshots lol.
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 4:33 pm

yes there's a lot of rivalry but its all good fun at the end of the day!!...it is true though, we all dream about playing for the hotshots. Just haven't got the quality - too average!..at the end of the day though, the table doesn't lie and after our next league game, bowden could go top!?...oh wait, i think im dreaming again!!

http://littlebowden.webs.com
www.symitryretail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

I too played in this game. Thought Harborough were fairly decent. Their right winger (looked a bit like Martyn Waghorn) was proper quick and I've only just pulled my pants back up after playing 60 odd minutes as the left back that faced him.

However, they didnt have a lot else in terms of outstanding quality. They had one particularly good defender and a skin head in the middle that was good too, but apart from that they were no better than us. They made a couple of errors and not sure whether that was their normal keeper or not as he picked up a pass back and rarely took any goal kicks.... What is with having keepers that can't kick!!

On the day it was probably more suited to a draw but we just took our chances. Still think Harboro will be up there but so will we given that we were missing Dave Ash, Johnny, Jacko and Alex.

Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 6:37 pm

still think niffy will win it once they dtart playing there first team again
Back to top Go down
patsharp

patsharp

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 7:10 pm

Personally i think Bowden are one of the poorer teams in the league... Last season they where the wipping boys of there division and im sure it will happen again come second half of this season! And calling hotshots striker a lanky streak of p*ss is abit excessive as its about fooball, not appearance... i take it you like playing against good looking players so you have some nice images to take back to the showers with you for after the game?
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:
still think niffy will win it once they dtart playing there first team again

Back on to this.... zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I had 13-14 reserves players I could of picked ahead of my lads if I wanted to win the league that bad...but instead you played only A players...you'll see a completely different 13-14 lads next week....
Back to top Go down
rudedog

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

i was also playing for west end yday, and just want to say well done boys we took our chances and got another good result!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 11:28 pm

Harborough hav'nt got any quick players at all, all average. as for matty and grant being the best players they have, have to dissagree! from what ive seen most of the lads play at a good standard, which is more than can be said for bowden, which i predict will fold this season.
was a close game between both the teams on sunday but west end just had more luck on the day and bagged there chances.
Oh and tekkas if matty is just lucky? Iam sure he would of scored 1 of his many chances he had yess??
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 12:04 am

007 wrote:
Harborough hav'nt got any quick players at all, all average. as for matty and grant being the best players they have, have to dissagree! from what ive seen most of the lads play at a good standard, which is more than can be said for bowden, which i predict will fold this season.
was a close game between both the teams on sunday but west end just had more luck on the day and bagged there chances.
Oh and tekkas if matty is just lucky? Iam sure he would of scored 1 of his many chances he had yess??

You've obviously never had to play against the right winger or small bloke up front!

Back to top Go down
patsharp

patsharp

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 1:45 am

Hotshots right winger is lethal... his bursting pace will tear the pants down on any left back in div six... apparently his nicknames the thunderbolt! And last week rumour had it a few players where out through injury? When they are playing you will see the real hotshots and how good they really are! On there day they play good football and comfortably win games. As for little bowden i dont rate them, played against them inbred wierdos last year and scored 3... reminded me of being back in the fun house!
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:17 am

patsharp wrote:
Hotshots right winger is lethal... his bursting pace will tear the pants down on any left back in div six... apparently his nicknames the thunderbolt! And last week rumour had it a few players where out through injury? When they are playing you will see the real hotshots and how good they really are! On there day they play good football and comfortably win games. As for little bowden i dont rate them, played against them inbred wierdos last year and scored 3... reminded me of being back in the fun house!

Who do you play for then pat???
Back to top Go down
tekkas

tekkas

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 7:02 am

007 wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:09 am

rudedog wrote:
i was also playing for west end yday, and just want to say well done boys we took our chances and got another good result!

~hit# players always come out with the same crap, missed chances, headaches,forgot to bring the orange juice, the ref favoured the other side more, mummy run out of cocoa pops, blah blah blah...up the Westies united....
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:16 am

yeh bowden are poor..cant pass, cant shoot, cant defend...in fact most of us just turn out to grace the field with all the greats of sunday league football...its a shame about the hotshots never having enough strength in depth, they ALWAYS have key players missing? too bad us bowden lads are too average as we would love to jump at the chance to play foor them!!once their KEY players return, im sure we'll see them take the league by storm!!

www.symitryretail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:40 am

It does make me laugh how everyone gets on the "lets slag bowden off" bandwagon! Yes, we were poor last season but if memory serves me right, so were Kibworth! But look at them this season. 1 or 2 signings and everything changes.

Were more than happy though for people to write us off and we will just keep proving you wrong. At the end of the day, the league table doesn't lie and yes, although hotshots have a game in hand, who's above who in the table.

As for Bowden being poor, I disagree with that. We beat a good NPE side and only narrowly lost to Wigston. Victories over Niffy and West End reserves don't seem to conunt for anything amongst your eyes.

And what's with all this inbred talk? How can Bowden be inbred but Hotshots are not? Were from the same place!

But I wouldn't say the bowden lads are jelous of Hotshots, far from it. We like a bit of local rivalry in football and at the end of the day, we all go down to the same pub after the game and have a laugh and a joke with each other. It's all in nature of good sport that we slag each other off and then have a beer together. After all, this is the BANTER page, no?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:48 am

EJT09 wrote:
It does make me laugh how everyone gets on the "lets slag bowden off" bandwagon! Yes, we were poor last season but if memory serves me right, so were Kibworth! But look at them this season. 1 or 2 signings and everything changes.

Were more than happy though for people to write us off and we will just keep proving you wrong. At the end of the day, the league table doesn't lie and yes, although hotshots have a game in hand, who's above who in the table.

As for Bowden being poor, I disagree with that. We beat a good NPE side and only narrowly lost to Wigston. Victories over Niffy and West End reserves don't seem to conunt for anything amongst your eyes.

And what's with all this inbred talk? How can Bowden be inbred but Hotshots are not? Were from the same place!

But I wouldn't say the bowden lads are jelous of Hotshots, far from it. We like a bit of local rivalry in football and at the end of the day, we all go down to the same pub after the game and have a laugh and a joke with each other. It's all in nature of good sport that we slag each other off and then have a beer together. After all, this is the BANTER page, no?

The hogshead and handbags.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:14 am

EJT09 wrote:

Well said, there's nothing wrong with having banter with your local rivals. To be fair most of the bowden and hotshots lot seem to get on well anyway! Think every single Hotshots player on sunday wanted bowden to get a result against Niffy (nothing against Niffy) just keeps the league interesting and as it stands at the minute it's ridiculously tight.
Back to top Go down
patsharp

patsharp

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 5:18 pm

Yeh hotshots are from harborough as in the town with 20,000+ population and little bowden all live on a farm apparently somewhere in the meadow! I play for a team in division 4, just seen both teams play a few times and played against them also. Hotshots have suffered with some injurys but its not an excuse to be bring up on here, all teams face this dilema... I do warn you tho, be carefull dont take the small bold guy whos usually sub for granted as he has some serious talent as a 70 minute super sub!
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 5:38 pm

its more like a couple of over grown fields with a few sheep in. there is a small brooke too that we all drink from and we sit around a campfire each night eating whatever we find as we dont have enough funds to run the farm any more!...someone stole the only cow we had left so we don't get much dairy either but we keep on going as turning out on a sunday morning makes it all worth it as we watch in awe the rest of the leagues around us and hope that one day....it could be us!! Very Happy

www.symitryretail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harborough hotshots    Harborough hotshots  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harborough hotshots
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next