Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

should the prem have more teams in next season?

Go down 
+10
barney rubble
polska legend
man in black
dezza
sunday footy fna
Alan Partridge
wopman
greeeedy
Polska legend II
bullshead athletic
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bullshead athletic

should the prem have more teams in next season? Empty
PostSubject: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Sep 2010, 5:55 pm

i personaly think a few teams (u no who u are) are playing in leagues that are not good enough to test them, for instance div 3 has a handfull of teams that would hold thier own in the prem! surely that paves the way for a 16 team prem for next year? your thoughts please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Sep 2010, 6:07 pm

Depends if they are still going, also, you need to make sure that it doesnt weaken other divisions....you would think that the league cant expand too much more (another division would be silly), so maybe if new teams are brought in then a few can be bumped up?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 8:41 am

16 too many, fixture congestion would be horrendous. But would support 14 teams!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:06 am

Polska legend II wrote:
16 too many, fixture congestion would be horrendous. But would support 14 teams!

agreed i think 14 would work well come on the league sort this out be great to have a big prem think there is a few teams out there not in the prem that would hold there own so im all 4 it
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:20 pm

very difficult to arrange though. As I said in an earlier post last week, many teams would suffer from the huge fear factor and rather fold than going into the Prem
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:28 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
very difficult to arrange though. As I said in an earlier post last week, many teams would suffer from the huge fear factor and rather fold than going into the Prem

thats terrible but probably right i do think u will be able to get 14 in the prem but then would it disrupt the lower leagues? in my opinion no lets say for instance that it did get sorted out i think the lower leagues would actually benefit because u wouldnt have as many teams in the divisions that really should be playing at a higher level therefore it would surely make all the divisions much more competitive and a lot more even but thats just my thoughts what about everyone else what do u think??????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

i dont understand why teams do that though as i would have thought the aim would be to start a team up and evenyually build a squad strong enough to make the prem and have a go at the big boys on a weekly basis. i know thats certainly the aim of western anyway however its another question if we will make it there or even attract enough players of a quality to enable us to do so.

just really dont understand the teams down the years that have won trophys all the way through the leagues giving it the big un all the way up only to throw there toys out when there not winning 10-0. Surely they would relish the chance to try and topple an advance, scrappy or prem sports just as glenny did yesterday all be it in the cup.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:44 pm

all about players unfortunately and whilst we that run the clubs want to succeed at the highest level, it's not the case that some of our players share the view! That said, if the Prem is too small (as it has been for the last 4-5 years) then the better type of player you try and get in will only ever want to consider the likes of Scrappy or Advance and if they're any good they will certainly be approached by them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:45 pm

simple then ban advance and scrappy from signing any more players on for 2 years! Laughing
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:46 pm

wafc wrote:
i dont understand why teams do that though as i would have thought the aim would be to start a team up and evenyually build a squad strong enough to make the prem and have a go at the big boys on a weekly basis. i know thats certainly the aim of western anyway however its another question if we will make it there or even attract enough players of a quality to enable us to do so.

just really dont understand the teams down the years that have won trophys all the way through the leagues giving it the big un all the way up only to throw there toys out when there not winning 10-0. Surely they would relish the chance to try and topple an advance, scrappy or prem sports just as glenny did yesterday all be it in the cup.

exactly wafc thats my way of thinking too. hear good things bout western and i think u keep playing the way u are u will be in with a shout of promotion gl to you lads and hope u make it
Back to top Go down
wopman

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

wafc wrote:

its always been the same you start off in the lower leagues then as soon as the prem beckons certain players decide they would rather join another side thats in league 3 or below that leaves you with no option but to fold it,s not right but it happens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:15 pm

Said it before - would rather play mid table prem every week than div 4....but got to earn the right to dine at the top table!! Folding because you have done well enough to reach the prem is a joke and shows a lack of spine to be honest...in most cases anyway....
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Said it before - would rather play mid table prem every week than div 4....but got to earn the right to dine at the top table!! Folding because you have done well enough to reach the prem is a joke and shows a lack of spine to be honest...in most cases anyway....

agreed no backbone at all
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:59 pm

12 teams would be ideal for each division if possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 3:07 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
12 teams would be ideal for each division if possible

Depends how quickly you get knocked out of the cups!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

wasn't there a well known team that used to play in pink that defected from the alliance rather than play in the Prem?
Back to top Go down
sunday footy fna

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 8:00 pm

Agree with comments, would be great to have a bigger Premiership, however, teams like Polska, Leicester Accies do not get the respect they deserve, both teams (as well as a few others) have been going strong for years...whether winning or not...these are the real teams, the ones that survive...not the ones that fold once they start playing with the big boys and are scared of losing...all of you-you know who you are...hang your heads in shame!!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 9:22 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
wasn't there a well known team that used to play in pink that defected from the alliance rather than play in the Prem?

who was that polska legend??

Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 9:23 pm

sunday footy fna wrote:
Agree with comments, would be great to have a bigger Premiership, however, teams like Polska, Leicester Accies do not get the respect they deserve, both teams (as well as a few others) have been going strong for years...whether winning or not...these are the real teams, the ones that survive...not the ones that fold once they start playing with the big boys and are scared of losing...all of you-you know who you are...hang your heads in shame!!!

yeah u do that at least last the season ay!!! silent
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

bigger prem would be quality but there is an issue with teams not having the balls to face the big guns in the prem, still dont get the fear factor have a go at them and you may get something we were unlucky against advance and arent scared of playing scrappy we are looking forward to it.. defo need a bigger league make the division more competitive for everyone else
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

dezza wrote:
bigger prem would be quality but there is an issue with teams not having the balls to face the big guns in the prem, still dont get the fear factor have a go at them and you may get something we were unlucky against advance and arent scared of playing scrappy we are looking forward to it.. defo need a bigger league make the division more competitive for everyone else

dezza mate ur might sort of bloke well said could not agree more its the challenge that really stands out for me and im pretty sure thats why u boys joined the alliance league
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:16 pm

its exactly the reason we joined and it was our players that wanted to join as they wanted to know how good they really were as a team, we won the lsl prem easily in the end it only went to goal difference cos 2 teams dropped out. would have been easy for us to stay in that league and keep on winning but it was boring beating teams heavily each week and even though we've lost 2 already this season the lads are enjoying the competitiveness alot more as they feel like they are in a proper game of football now...
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

dezza wrote:
its exactly the reason we joined and it was our players that wanted to join as they wanted to know how good they really were as a team, we won the lsl prem easily in the end it only went to goal difference cos 2 teams dropped out. would have been easy for us to stay in that league and keep on winning but it was boring beating teams heavily each week and even though we've lost 2 already this season the lads are enjoying the competitiveness alot more as they feel like they are in a proper game of football now...

yep and thats what its all about take a leaf out of sporting highcrosses book everyone couldve stayed in lsl and won it every year but no they heard the alliance was better quality so what did they do join the alliance to see.. its good to see this sort of thing and fair play to them proper blokes in my eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 11:28 pm

greeeedy wrote:
wafc wrote:

exactly wafc thats my way of thinking too. hear good things bout western and i think u keep playing the way u are u will be in with a shout of promotion gl to you lads and hope u make it

Don't believe everything you hear pal! lol!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 11:59 pm

6 divisions 12 in each 72 teams simple maths,,,you wil never get more than 12 in prem
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

greeeedy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

who was that polska legend??

Can't remember who they were - someone on here will know
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:04 am

Muxloe Rangers.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

polska legend wrote:
Muxloe Rangers.

there werent the best of teams when we just played them to be honest to much arguing from the twinnes
Back to top Go down
barney rubble

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:59 am

polska legend wrote:
Muxloe Rangers.
....youre memory is playing tricks on you legend!!it was real muxloe .....werent a bad side
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:15 pm

Quote :
there werent the best of teams when we just played them to be honest to much arguing from the twinnes

nah nah Greeeedy thats Kirby Muxloe, Real Muxloe were an old side who stormed through the divisions and when they finally moved up to the prem they folded.

Just like CAOB did if anyone remembers them? Although I shouldn't slag them of to much as we have some of there players!!

The League have done there best to increase the Premier Division but teams get put in who are not worthy, get spanked and then fold, at least this year there are no teams that will get spanked every week.

There will be the odd week when we play Scrappy and Advance when you might take a beating but other than that the other 7 sides in the division can all beat each other on the day.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:33 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

nah nah Greeeedy thats Kirby Muxloe, Real Muxloe were an old side who stormed through the divisions and when they finally moved up to the prem they folded.

Just like CAOB did if anyone remembers them? Although I shouldn't slag them of to much as we have some of there players!!

The League have done there best to increase the Premier Division but teams get put in who are not worthy, get spanked and then fold, at least this year there are no teams that will get spanked every week.

There will be the odd week when we play Scrappy and Advance when you might take a beating but other than that the other 7 sides in the division can all beat each other on the day.

oh right yeah i agree mate by the looks of some of the results should be interesting for 3rd 4th and 5th all the rest after scrappy and advance have chances hopefully tho there will be more teams in the prem as would make it a good league and teams would have to play well for longer to win the league
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 1:19 pm

Hellboy wrote:
A boring division, end of.

yeah boring cus u will never get there u might aswell stay in bed from now on on a sunday morning
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Don't think Muxloe ever got promoted to the Prem - sure it was more a case of 'if you put us in the Prem, we'll fold'
Had some good battles with CAOB, but Tom their manager was a good guy and got seriously let down by some Class A bottlers who started throwing in the towel as soon as they stopped winning
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 1:01 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

yeah boring cus u will never get there u might aswell stay in bed from now on on a sunday morning

And Wigston, point proven.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:03 pm

Hellboy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

And Wigston, point proven.

what ponit would that be the helly????
ur not good enough to grace a pitch even a subuteo one Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 1:14 pm

Hellboy wrote:
About as funny as sitting on a sea urchin in your mankini.

u still didnt say ur point
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:56 pm

Hellboy wrote:
They say all ##mmers are thick don't they? My point was look at the Wigston score, how boring a scoreline can you get.

21 - 1 my god speechless......!!!!!!!

Whats the chuffing point?

yeah but we didnt know that its our 1st season we're in the prem so bloody hell u can only beat whats in front of u and there scores havent been to embarrassing except for advance beting them 10-0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:14 pm

any drubbings are allowed in the prem coz you cant have pothunters in the top division....my two penneth!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:19 am

greeeedy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
They say all ##mmers are thick don't they? My point was look at the Wigston score, how boring a scoreline can you get.

yeah but we didnt know that its our 1st season we're in the prem so bloody hell u can only beat whats in front of u and there scores havent been to embarrassing except for advance beting them 10-0

Alright alright, calm down calm down, i didn't even know it was your team that scored the 21 goals in a fantastic division untill now, how boring it looks, ps.. who mentioned pothunters?

21 - 1
10 - 0...
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:27 am

Hellboy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Alright alright, calm down calm down, i didn't even know it was your team that scored the 21 goals in a fantastic division untill now, how boring it looks, ps.. who mentioned pothunters?

21 - 1
10 - 0...
Embarassed

lol all is forgiven helly now 1 thing left for u to do name who YOU play for cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should the prem have more teams in next season?   should the prem have more teams in next season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

should the prem have more teams in next season?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next