Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers

Go down 
+29
Screech Powers
gattuso
king of the chavs
pot hunter
exact
Tomassi
Sparta3
polska legend
Bruce Campbell
ginner
Aussie Owl
Polska legend II
Pete Waterman
Hairy Hebrew!
Alan Partridge
retroroyal
dee_aitcho
Vintage 9
cyril sneer
barney rubble
sidderz
Hellboy
greeeedy
Gifford
mowmacre fc
simplesimon
papa lazarou
Sirus
bullshead athletic
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:02 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Speaking of deceitful, it goes on all the time, Sunbury last year maybe.
Really?

Jake Duffy Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
Pete Waterman wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
every league has not so good teams look at advance smashed wigston 10-0 - wigston could moan about being moved to div 1
every team has something to fight for and div 3 will be the hardest

Agreed, but it shouldn't be.

Hi Pete

Thanks for your contribution but what is your advice to the League?

Well, when someone that has played in your league for over 10 years approaches you and has won every trophy there has to be won in Sunday league says he wants to set up a new team - don't put them in division 3. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to sound sarcastic, but Star and Garter and Hoskins have openly discussed their teams on this forum since setting up, everyone knew what was going to happen and you've not acted upon it. It must be incredibly frustrating for the remaining teams in the division. Division 3 looks like a LSL Division with no consistant level of performance amongst the teams.

There must be more stringent rules put into place when accepting new teams into the league. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but they had been accepted into the league before the constitution has been written. Why can't the league make new teams sign on their 16 players before the constitution has been finalised? This can then be factored into your decision making. It'll make it more difficult to 'con' the league. Although i stress that both Hoskins and Star were quite up front about their players before the season started, which in my opinion unfortunately makes it an error on behalf of the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 5:05 pm

The problem then Pete (playing devils advocate) is that some players will sign on and then change their minds, or you may get injuries etc so do you then stop people signing on after a certain date for these teams which may contribute to them folding? Unless you limited the number of further signings i guess?? Maybe go with your suggestion but allow the club to sign four further players prior to the season starting and then another four can be signed at Christmas....
The only other problem is that whilst the above may stop people conning the league or pothunting, it may create big problems for other new teams setting up that may sign people on that they dont know and are unreliable....
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 5:05 pm

The experienced player, to whom you refer, may have advised the League differently when interviewed. It does not necessarily follow that he will be signing players of his previous club's standard.

Taking postings on the Forum and the results of friendly games into account, will be the day when we get it wrong, big-time!

We will have well over 2,000 players signed on by the end of the season and over 1500 have already signed. How can anyone have that level of knowledge about the footballing skills of so many players?

A point that may have been overlooked is that the number of teams in each Division needs to be well balanced.

Furthermore, an existing team cannot leapfrog another team when deciding promotion / relegation even though they claim they have signed or lost their better players

The league would be the first to admit that we occasionally get it wrong but, in my opinion, we do not do too badly.

It will be interesting to see how each of the Divisions pan out - if last season was anything to go by, there will be a few surpises - thank goodness.

Back to top Go down
exact

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 7:49 pm

So Dennis, to summarise - do you believe mistakes have been made in allowing Hoskins and Star & Garter into division three or not?
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 8:47 pm

Not sure Star and Garter should be classed in the catergory of too good for Division 3.

They just beat us two nil and yes, they had one or two very good players, but other than that, I truly think they should be in Division 3.

Back to top Go down
pot hunter

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 8:55 pm

Oh, keep me out of it!! We've stuck to what we said, to be half decent in these leagues doesn't take brilliant players but good organisation. I know how to run a club half right but I still maintain we'll finish fourth, hardly setting the world alight, just ask humberstone and ac wigston.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:27 pm

Went down to watch the ac an star game tonight and I wouldn't say star are a pot hunting side at all they have a few good players bit nothing spectacular and I'd say there no more than an above average div 3 side ( no offense intended ) also wouldn't put tinderbox in that category either as there a side who have just improved over the last couple of seasons. As for Hoskins and kuato if the league knew what standard the players they had signed on then it
looks like they have placed them too low and you can't knock the teams for that however if the clubs held back there well known players until after the constitution was announced then they can be labelled as pot hunters.

The league do seem to get most of there placements right but this can only be helped by the clubs being honest from the start about the ability of there club. Unfourtunately though you will always get the few that will deceive to gain there pots!

Back to top Go down
king of the chavs

king of the chavs

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

right in defence of the league hoskins had 8 players playing tonight who had never had a thing to do with the old swifts team,3 of the 8 played previously for thurmo who folded after a couple of months in the alliance 4 played last season in lsl with beaumont 08 1 played for terratruck and the other 3 were ex anstey swifts...hardly a team of household names either.so what the hell can the league be expected to do while they obviously knew some players theve signed they also know nothing of at least half the young lads hoskins have in the squad.dont blame the league for not knowing the ability of young up and comings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/fchoskins
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:07 am

Fed up of hearing about these teams now.. its not there fault what div they are put in... so get over it and just play football!!!
Back to top Go down
barney rubble

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

thats an amen from me gattuso Smile youll note the same ole pooh stirrers everytime tho just wont let it rest....you see!!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:12 am

exact wrote:
So Dennis, to summarise - do you believe mistakes have been made in allowing Hoskins and Star & Garter into division three or not?

We will only know the answer at the end of the season. If a team has been placed in the wrong division it will not be through lack of effort on the League's part. Having said that, we are always open to suggestions, which is why we are where we are today.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:35 am

Hellboy wrote:
Alan Partridge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Speaking of deceitful, it goes on all the time, Sunbury last year maybe.
Really?

Jake Duffy Smile
Plays for Humbo
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:52 am

Oh yes like you used to....

Not for long though, no loyalty, changes like the wind.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Oh yes like you used to....

Not for long though, no loyalty, changes like the wind.
That's right. 3 clubs in 16 years is like a wind change.

Everyone missed you point about Jake Duffy and Sunbury? I dont think you are that bright are you. That was rhetorical, no need to answer.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:13 pm

I didn't know i was pointing.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:17 pm

ps i was just talking about JD changing clubs like the wind, and just pointing out that you played for Humbo too, so you ain't that bright either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:44 pm

Just out of interest, are Hoskins a new team this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 2:29 pm

king of the chavs wrote:
right in defence of the league hoskins had 8 players playing tonight who had never had a thing to do with the old swifts team,3 of the 8 played previously for thurmo who folded after a couple of months in the alliance 4 played last season in lsl with beaumont 08 1 played for terratruck and the other 3 were ex anstey swifts...hardly a team of household names either.so what the hell can the league be expected to do while they obviously knew some players theve signed they also know nothing of at least half the young lads hoskins have in the squad.dont blame the league for not knowing the ability of young up and comings.

Hoskins will go the same way as swifts same mentality. Get promted all the way to the prem knock a few prem teams out of the cups on the way, Then fold after a couple of years in the prem cause they cant win anything.

Editted by Moderator
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 2:52 pm

Hellboy wrote:
ps i was just talking about JD changing clubs like the wind, and just pointing out that you played for Humbo too, so you ain't that bright either.
I am bright. I have an IQ of 121. That's pretty good. Look it up
Back to top Go down
Screech Powers

Screech Powers

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 3:20 pm

After being soundly beaten in our first two games, the standard does appear to be unusually high for division 3. I played for 5 years in division one and i think both teams we've played so far would easily cope in that division.

it could be that we've played the two strongest teams first by playing Beaumont 2010 and Hoskins, if not it's gonna be a long season for us!
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 3:49 pm

Screech Powers wrote:
After being soundly beaten in our first two games, the standard does appear to be unusually high for division 3. I played for 5 years in division one and i think both teams we've played so far would easily cope in that division.

it could be that we've played the two strongest teams first by playing Beaumont 2010 and Hoskins, if not it's gonna be a long season for us!

think there is stronger teams than beaumont in the league boyo we will be battling for relegation with ya this year Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 5:03 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
I am bright. I have an IQ of 121. That's pretty good. Look it up

Mine is 138....boom!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 7:42 pm

king of the chavs wrote:

So from reading your statement would it be fair to say that 7 out of the 11 Hoskins players have prem experience 3 of which were part of a team than ran advance down to the last game of the season??

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

This holes getting that deep, its like being on a journey to the centre of the earth............shazaaaaam

Fc hoskins is Coleman?
Back to top Go down
exact

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:09 pm

Any comments on the Hoskins v Kauto Stars scoreline Dennis?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 2:18 am

I dont understand why people are having a pop at the league...by the sounds of it, they went on what they were told.....just remember at presentation night to boo!!!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 6:44 pm

exact wrote:
Any comments on the Hoskins v Kauto Stars scoreline Dennis?

look at both team sheets then comment you'll notice kauto had players out
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 6:45 pm

Hellboy wrote:
This holes getting that deep, its like being on a journey to the centre of the earth............shazaaaaam

Fc hoskins is Coleman?

now that would be telling porkies
Back to top Go down
cyril sneer

cyril sneer

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 10:18 pm

barney rubble wrote:
thats an amen from me gattuso Smile youll note the same ole pooh stirrers everytime tho just wont let it rest....you see!!!

i cant remember the exact post.

but somebody came on the website bragging bout the players that you had signed.
nobody is stirring just stating facts.
if you come on bragging bout the players you have signed that are clearly
too good for the league your are in. you have got to expect some stick.
Back to top Go down
barney rubble

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 10:00 am

yeah thats correct nobody hid anything!!!we were beating teams pre-season as early as july i.e.crows nest then bulls head who after we beat them were moved into the prem??? from div 2.so lets not say we conned the league these results were on this site.we are all hoping now the night matches are out of the way this will settle down into a competitive division.
Back to top Go down
shearer

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:07 am

barney rubble wrote:
yeah thats correct nobody hid anything!!!we were beating teams pre-season as early as july i.e.crows nest then bulls head who after we beat them were moved into the prem??? from div 2.so lets not say we conned the league these results were on this site.we are all hoping now the night matches are out of the way this will settle down into a competitive division.

good point there if hoskins beat bullshead then they get put in prem maybe league have made a mistake in putting bullshead into prem and not moving hoskins
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

Bulls head asked for the prem.
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:44 pm

barney rubble wrote:

so you didn't con the league, but you have got to agree with some of the point's peeps have
discussed.

would you not agree and say your in a league that is incorrect for the players you have signed on?

Back to top Go down
barney rubble

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 1:21 pm

its looking that way at the moment but id sooner judge after weve played trinderbox and star and garter.we won a very tight night game v foxes (they had players out)spanked kauto(who really struggled for a side )so lets hope im wrong.
Back to top Go down
ben 10

ben 10

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 5:44 pm

dont worry MR RUBBLE iam with u on this HOSKINS all the way , lets just keep our head on our game lads and dont listen 2 all the bitchin from these lot king
Back to top Go down
exact

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 5:47 pm

"Look at the team sheets" !!!! How exactly ????
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 6:36 pm

after every game each team has 3 days to send a team sheet to the league so im saying the league will look at kauto star team sheet and know that players wer missing and reason to them not preforming
Back to top Go down
ben 10

ben 10

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 6:58 pm

"EXACT"ly , if u did ur home work u would no this so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! tongue
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:02 am

You Hoskins boys seem to take alot of stick, and fairly gracefully too, at the end of the day kids its just a game why shouldn't they enjoy it with their mates?
Even if their mates are way above the standard provided by division 3. There are always gonna be teams too capable within a division, potential deception aside it seems unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers   under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

under strength hoskins cruise past cresal panthers
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next