Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

County Cup Managers/management teams

Go down 
+9
Pete Mourinho
Symonds
SayItAsItIs
phil_brown
Hairy Hebrew!
Polska legend II
Gordon
the owl
Brian_and_Peter
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian_and_Peter

County Cup Managers/management teams Empty
PostSubject: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 02 Feb 2015, 1:30 pm

As it is County semi time I got thinking...

...does anyone know who has managed the most teams or appeared in most county finals at various levels (the management team not the team team)?

I am trying to trawl the CFA website but it is terribly slow.
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

got to be the advance lot surely or maybe birstall stamford ...
thought this was gonna be our year when we knocked out monsell wasps,thought id break my duck after 3 runners ups with swifts Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm

That's the type of statistic Dennis would have at his fingertips bounce
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

He's too busy playing with his digeridoo
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm

well Ive just reached my first County final with Polska (and third final overall). It's a hell of a task getting there...
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2015, 7:33 pm

Congrats Mark to you and the lads!

Hope you let us all know when the final is! Sure they'll be plenty of us down to show our support!!
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2015, 8:55 pm

congratulations mark its a great achievement, you are right takes some doing against the whole of the county.enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeSun 08 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm

thanks guys, appreciate the support. Looks like Thursday 19 March (Holmes Park), kick off time to be confirmed
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 9:44 am

Polska legend II wrote:
thanks guys, appreciate the support. Looks like Thursday 19 March (Holmes Park), kick off time to be confirmed

Losing out on Saturday and a place at Holmes Park was tough to take. I wish you all the best for the final.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:15 am

Many thanks. I think we got away with the 6th minute penalty - we were all expecting it to be given, and after that I think for your guys what could go wrong did go wrong didn't it? Saying that, I thought we worked exceptionally hard as a team and the 2 stand in centre halves were outstanding (given that we lost both our regulars on Friday!) Good luck to both your sides for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:39 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Many thanks. I think we got away with the 6th minute penalty - we were all expecting it to be given, and after that I think for your guys what could go wrong did go wrong didn't it? Saying that, I thought we worked exceptionally hard as a team and the 2 stand in centre halves were outstanding (given that we lost both our regulars on Friday!) Good luck to both your sides for the rest of the season

I agree everything went wrong, incidents made the game very fractious. If we win our next 5 games we win the league so not all doom and gloom but nothing will take away what happened Saturday. Thank you & Good luck to you too.
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:59 am

LK Utd. have been there 3 years on the trot according to my mate who plays for them.
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 11:13 am

Polska legend II wrote:
well Ive just reached my first County final with Polska (and third final overall). It's a hell of a task getting there...

Is that playing or managing?

Well done by the way, reaching any County Final is an achievement.
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 11:15 am

SayItAsItIs wrote:
LK Utd. have been there 3 years on the trot according to my mate who plays for them.

Yup, just checked the FA site, Holmes Park in 2013, 2014 & again this year 2015 but was it managed by the same guy?
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 12:38 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
SayItAsItIs wrote:

Yup, just checked the FA site, Holmes Park in 2013, 2014 & again this year 2015 but was it managed by the same guy?
i managed anstey swifts 05/06 06/07 07/08 3 on the trot but still think advance have surpassed this ???denis over to you
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 12:42 pm

the owl wrote:
i managed anstey swifts 05/06 06/07 07/08 3 on the trot but still think advance have surpassed this ???denis over to you

Nice one, not an easy feat that mate.
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
SayItAsItIs wrote:

Have asked and apparently yes, the same guys are in charge and they have made 4 finals on the bounce, one with a different team in 2012.

Will add the name of the missing team as soon as I get a reply.
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Feb 2015, 1:05 pm

SayItAsItIs wrote:
the owl wrote:

Nice one, not an easy feat that mate.
may i add lost em all!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Symonds

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm

SayItAsItIs wrote:
Brian_and_Peter wrote:
SayItAsItIs wrote:

Have asked and apparently yes, the same guys are in charge and they have made 4 finals on the bounce, one with a different team in 2012.

Will add the name of the missing team as soon as I get a reply.

Yes your right Office Update in 2012 and LK Utd in 2013 , 2014 and 2015 , i think he's lad plays for them !

Some bloody achievement that in anyone's standard
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 8:31 am

Advance Couriers must have this record.

According to the handbook they made it to Holmes Park in either (or both) of the league cups in 12 consecutive seasons, with pretty much the same set up as I understand it.

Couldn't tell you how many county cups along the way but more than there fair share I am sure
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 8:54 am

Pete Mourinho wrote:
Advance Couriers must have this record.  

According to the handbook they made it to Holmes Park in either (or both) of the league cups in 12 consecutive seasons, with pretty much the same set up as I understand it.

Couldn't tell you how many county cups along the way but more than there fair share I am sure
But the question is about County Cups and not HP appearances
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 9:35 am

Aussie Owl wrote:
But the question is about County Cups and not HP appearances

Correct as usual Owl.

It is management TEAMS not teams (such as LK Utd., Advance etc) that I was after.

Cheers Guys
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 9:37 am

Symonds wrote:

Yes your right Office Update in 2012 and LK Utd in 2013 , 2014 and 2015 , i think he's lad plays for them !

Cheers Symonds, those pair are having a right good run.
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 10:42 am

Whatever the records, I notice this year there are NO LSL teams left in ANY of the County Cups!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 11:30 am

Clearly not enough coffee this morning!

I understand the question, but don't have access to the county records. Based on Alliance records, Advance had the most successful run. Their cup record including the county cup was outstanding. Can't confirm but expect they would top 4 years during that time.

This would have been done with the same management team. Will see if I can get county records next time I am there for a meeting
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm

Pete Mourinho wrote:
Clearly not enough coffee this morning!

I understand the question, but don't have access to the county records.  Based on Alliance records, Advance had the most successful run.  Their cup record including the county cup was outstanding.  Can't confirm but expect they would top 4 years during that time.  

This would have been done with the same management team.  Will see if I can get county records next time I am there for a meeting

Advance Couriers can and did match 4 but not consecutively.

2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 (W-W-L-L)

So, any advances on 4 consecutive or have the pair currently at LK won the Oscar?
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:

Advance Couriers can and did match 4 but not consecutively.

2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 (W-W-L-L)

So, any advances on 4 consecutive or have the pair currently at LK won the Oscar?

I assume you have drawn this from the County website? If so, I would hang fire and let Pete get the complete picture from HQ before we roll out the red carpet as the site only tells the recent picture.

As for John and myself, nice to be mentioned but in all essence records to me mean diddly, as records are for turntables not for football...

...we just try and win our next match weekly and have been blessed with some outstanding players over the years.

It is ALL about the players not two old fuddies who shout on the touchline.
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015, 2:23 pm

Modest chap!

All gaffers love records coz CD's weren't invented when you lot started out!

Shall be down to watch you lot Sunday so don't let me down.
Back to top Go down
saffs back

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm

monsell magpies done reasonably well from about 1999 for about 4 or 5 years
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015, 9:29 am

3rd County Cup Final for the Aths!

09/10 - Dead Rabbits - Sunday Vase 5-0
10/11 - Three Nuns - Sunday Shield 1-0
14/15 - Huncote - Sunday Shield Final ??
Back to top Go down
Thatchers

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
Symonds wrote:

Cheers Symonds, those pair are having a right good run.

I see that they have made the Hinckley League Cup Final to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County Cup Managers/management teams   County Cup Managers/management teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Cup Managers/management teams
Page 1 of 1