Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for 11th April

Go down 
+19
WEUR
RM05
Paulo
the willow
Pete Waterman
Screech Powers
N-Wilz
Hellboy
Callyeve
Polska legend II
Lodge
Ivan Drago
dee_aitcho
gattuso
Cobbo
Declan Swan
riley
Big Ears
Aussie Owl
23 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for 11th April Empty
PostSubject: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 6:57 pm

Post here

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Ears

Big Ears

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:44 pm

Gaz Great Wigston Manager wrote:
great wigston 2-1 guthlaxton

we were far from our best today enjoyed alot of possession in first half and caught on the break, im just hoping we dont have a performance like that again in the final

I think Throops must have softened you up a bit on Friday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:46 pm

magna 0-0 fosee

wasa really good game to watch for a 0-0 both keepers made some really good saves though magna had most of the first half but it was evan in the second half!!! fosse had a goal dissolowed at then end i couldnt see it from where i was but out lino said he was 2 yards off!!! but one off there lads slapping our captains hand away when he went to shake it at the ned off the game was a bit harsh!!! all the other lads were fine though!!!

good luck 2 fosse for the rest off the season and i hope you do well whatever league they will put you in next year
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:49 pm

Magna town 0 - 0 fosse city

We were far from our best today with 3 of the lads from the cup final out due to knocks. I would say a draw was a fair result, however we have to be disappointed as we put the ball in the back of the net in the last minute only for the linesman who was well behind play to flag it. I was a good 2 yards behind the lad who squared it for me to tap into an empty net. I think the magna lads know that it was a fair goal and they have to be disappointed that they had to do that to avoid a fair defeat.

Last edited by Declan Swan on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:01 pm

Riley, I didn't realise Ross thought I slapped his hand away, I certainly didn't mean to. Meant to shake it but must have missed so it looked like I slapped it away. Apologies to Ross.

I can assure you that I, along with the rest of our lads, am 'fine'.

Tight game, our keeper pulled off one brilliant save.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:02 pm

All the best to magna too, the clash with sporting will be an interesting one.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

riley wrote:
magna 0-0 fosee

wasa really good game to watch for a 0-0 both keepers made some really good saves though magna had most of the first half but it was evan in the second half!!! fosse had a goal dissolowed at then end i couldnt see it from where i was but out lino said he was 2 yards off!!! but one off there lads slapping our captains hand away when he went to shake it at the ned off the game was a bit harsh!!! all the other lads were fine though!!!

good luck 2 fosse for the rest off the season and i hope you do well whatever league they will put you in next year

good result for us then
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:37 pm

AC 2-4 Leicester Foxes

Another game for us with the bare 11 and no Goalkeeper. We went 2-0 up within 20 minutes, and I thought it would be a spanking, but Foxes came back and it was 2-2 at half time.

The front 3 for Leicester Foxes were running the show for them, and then a decision, which in my opinion changed the game, our lino gave offside, in which the ref allowed the goal, but later admitted he was wrong.

Foxes then scored a fourth with 10 mintues to go.

Well done to Foxes, and also to my team as we keep battling no matter what!!

On a negative note, our captain questioned the decision, the referee wouldnt explain, in which our captain said "You need to be more clear" and then the ref told him to"just **** off", and our captain then proceeded to become unimpressed with what he had said, resulting in a booking.

Didnt change the result, we would of still lost!!

Bring on AFC Beaumont!!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:44 pm

10 wins on the bouce for sporting, pushing for that 2nd place
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:50 pm

Stop showing off denty Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:53 pm

Laughing i only sing when we're winning
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 2:56 pm

I'd like to give that a try haha
Back to top Go down
Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago

PostSubject: Hood Park 3-1 Birstall Rangers   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 3:50 pm

Great win for HPR... the lads really knuckled down and ground it out, especially as we only had the bare 11, no subs, no lino and 9 players out for various reasons (Although we had all of our regulars).

Was really close game, Birstall had a couple of great chances to equalise but didnt take them, there was a situation at 2-1 where the ref initially gave them a pen, we felt it was outside the box, the ref consulted the (independent) linesman and then changed his decision to a free kick on the edge of the box. I suppose that could have gone either way. They did get a soft pen which they had earlier missed as well.

Last 10 minutes, we were under the cosh big time, some great saves and good defending (row Z stuff I think the technical term is) kept them at bay. As is generally the case in these kind of situations, we won the ball, broke and made it 3-1 in the 90th minute.

So, all in all, I feel we deserved it (who can argue otherwise based on our first season) and we play Birstall again next week so I'm sure they'll turn it up a notch and give us a tough game at their place.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 3:52 pm

Well done HPR. Persistence has paid off!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 3:53 pm

well in HPR a team that never gives up, keep up the good work mate
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 4:20 pm

coming from a fellow team of whipping boys, big respect!
Back to top Go down
Callyeve

Callyeve

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 4:33 pm

Well done Hood Park! The hardest working tea
I've seen and a good bunch of lads too! Escape relegation?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 5:55 pm

Lodge wrote:
Well done HPR. Persistence has paid off!!

Its not like its the first game they've won.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 6:49 pm

well in nath williams of reaching your target of 50 goals with 6 games to go.
Back to top Go down
N-Wilz

N-Wilz

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 7:43 pm

cheers pal!! was the new boots that pushed me over the line lol!!
Back to top Go down
Screech Powers

Screech Powers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 8:06 pm

N-Wilz wrote:
cheers pal!! was the new boots that pushed me over the line lol!!

Yeah, shame that you're bottling half of the run-in though. Oh well, it'll save me a few quid.

And at least, we worked out today that Denty is not gonna be your replacement!!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 8:09 pm

i didnt want to take his limelight haha
Back to top Go down
N-Wilz

N-Wilz

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 8:18 pm

haha i didn't even see his attempt at goal if you can call it that. was too busy getting taken out!! and i might not be missing the run in so who knows how much it'l cost ya!
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 8:20 pm

Back to midfield for you i think mate tongue

Last edited by Pete Waterman on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screech Powers

Screech Powers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 8:22 pm

Pete knows his stuff!!
Back to top Go down
the willow

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 12:33 am

Willows 4 - 2 LM United

After struggling to get 11 (10 at 10am and no ringers!!!) we managed to get 12!
Good start without really threatening

3 pens which 2 were harsh! We scored both of ours nut our keep made a save from there pen which at 3-2 could have changed the game!

Well done to LM though and unlucky!

Willows rolling along still!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:47 am

Cobbo wrote:
Riley, I didn't realise Ross thought I slapped his hand away, I certainly didn't mean to. Meant to shake it but must have missed so it looked like I slapped it away. Apologies to Ross.

I can assure you that I, along with the rest of our lads, am 'fine'.

Tight game, our keeper pulled off one brilliant save.

Dont worry Cobbo, just didnt want it to spoil two very good competitve games between us to. I can understand your frustration but a point was a fair result (regardless of how it came about- i generally didnt have good enough view to comment!)

Congratulations again to you boys, both very enjoyable games
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 9:00 am

Western Ath - 5
AFC Beaumont - 0

Got to say well done to Ad and his boys man down for the whole game and put the effort in right till the end.

We played the football and used the extra man but not on it today with regards the final 3rd delivery and taking chances or could of been a lot more... and no disrespect to Ad and his boys but it should of been.

We will take the points though, interesting results all around the league at the minute and league could go anywhere! Going to the wire...... Our next big game against Exeter in Rutland - gonna be a hard game....
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 12:02 pm

WEST END UTD RES 0
NIFFY A 1

not sure how many players should have been playing for niffy this week?? the match was a total contrast from last weeks 8-1 thumping, they must have either been missing half their team last week or playing ringers this week, they had no less than 5 players that werent even on the bench last week playing for them this week. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

Any games on tonight?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:25 pm

don't think so
Back to top Go down
Niffy Player

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:59 pm

WEUR wrote:
WEST END UTD RES 0
NIFFY A 1

not sure how many players should have been playing for niffy this week?? the match was a total contrast from last weeks 8-1 thumping, they must have either been missing half their team last week or playing ringers this week, they had no less than 5 players that werent even on the bench last week playing for them this week. Oh well...

Should have gone to spec savers mate.........It was actually 3 players that were different to the side last week, that was our keeper and left winger.............2nd half our centre mid came off for another. So no ringers, just a couple of res's as we were short this week.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 6:50 pm

the willow wrote:
Willows 4 - 2 LM United

After struggling to get 11 (10 at 10am and no ringers!!!) we managed to get 12!
Good start without really threatening

3 pens which 2 were harsh! We scored both of ours nut our keep made a save from there pen which at 3-2 could have changed the game!

Well done to LM though and unlucky!

Willows rolling along still!!

Thanks willow, I agree both pens for hand ball were harsh!! And I'm sure not for the first time this season the team playing downhill took advantage of the slope!!! Good game and sure we could have grabbed a point if we could take a pen!!!

Good luck the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
papa lazarou

papa lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:05 pm

Niffy Player wrote:
WEUR wrote:
WEST END UTD RES 0
NIFFY A 1

Should have gone to spec savers mate.........It was actually 3 players that were different to the side last week, that was our keeper and left winger.............2nd half our centre mid came off for another. So no ringers, just a couple of res's as we were short this week.

im thinking that if they were playing ringers or first teamers you would have been beaten by more than one goal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 5:05 pm

Quite an allegation!!
Back to top Go down
LCFC Fan

LCFC Fan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

dont know how they could of played ringers and 1st teamers as all 3 teams had a game?
niffy rangers 2-4 scrappy
niffy rangers reserves 0-5 sunbury
niffy a 1-0 westend reserves

aggreed quite an allegation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 11th April   Banter for 11th April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for 11th April
Page 1 of 1