Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Your most memorable Alliance Moment?

Go down 
+14
Snash
Saviour
FC POCHIN
gattuso
Sparky
Pete Mourinho
Jedster
Skeems
Paulo
EUFCAudi
the goalie
man in black
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Empty
PostSubject: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Mar 2014, 4:44 am

The Alliance League has been running a Sunday competition since 1976 and many have been associated with the League for decades.

Regardless, of how long you have been with us, what was your most memorable Alliance moment since you took an interest in any capacity - player, ref, club official or simply as a supporter:?: 

PS Best of luck for the remainder of the season from Oz Idea
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Mar 2014, 10:54 am

The little Polska beating the mighty Advance Couriers and being top of the Premier with 6 games to go!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Mar 2014, 12:33 pm

as a referee has to be officiating in a cup final,,maybe the one where I was assistant and it was filmed by Channel Seven who later became NTL. believe one of the team was meadowbank..

other league moment was end of year and assistant to Mark Connolly at Meadowbank and they had won the league so it was a nothing game and the meadow bank players wore shirts backwards and called each other by numbers not names,and as the goal keeper took a goal kick some one shouted grenade and the whole of the team dropped to the floor with hands on their heads,
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Mar 2014, 4:05 pm

winning the double of league and cup in our first season...........fantastic memories
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Mar 2014, 10:40 pm

Being top of the div 4 in our very first season and hopefully go on to be champions :-)
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Mar 2014, 7:50 am

Scoring and captaining Magna Town to Stokes Cup glory. Underdogs all the way through. Came from 3-1 down against Humberstone in the semi final in extra time. It was Easter Friday so the crowd was 250 I think. Great day all round

Good luck to all those in finals...Make the most of it as you never know when you will be back
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Mar 2014, 5:41 pm

Steve Oliffs 94th minute equaliser for Magna 73 against Glen Parva. It kept our unbeaten record in Division 1 and the day we clinched the title at home to Moshdock. Good memories
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Mar 2014, 7:15 pm

Playing for webbies wanderers was always a pleaseure anyway.. but would have to say my most memorable and special moment would be to have been involved in the charity game between fierce rivals legion in which webbies wife and children attended after his passing and money was raised between both sides who played a great game in his honour which was duely finished with the winner from veteran browny to cap off a great day!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Mar 2014, 7:51 pm

Has to be taking Huncote to the Billy Walton Cup Final as a Div 3 side to face Advance Couriers

Our second half performance, after going in at half time 3-0 down was outstanding and almost grabbed an equaliser in the final minute before we got caught on the break to lose 4-2 proud day despite the result
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Mar 2014, 12:46 pm

Has to be winning the Stokes Cup with West End United in 2007 beating Talbot 2-0 in the final. They'd beaten us 4-1 twice in the league but we were top drawer in the final. Good days.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

where do i start... my first game when i was 16 for wigston utd scoring against unbeaten countesthorpe which we won and then i got nutted by one of there old boys lol.

Winning the league and cup double with my fellow pot hunters at nri was a top time also... best group of lads ive played with
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

winning the stokes cup with avonside 1992/93 1-0 against humberstone at the old
Leicester utd ground
we went from div 4 to div1 without ever winning a division
so I'm hoping my most memorable moment will come this season if we can win
div 5 bounce 
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Saviour

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Mar 2014, 11:19 pm

Probably winning the quadruple as player manager for the couriers. Brought myself on in the last cup final to volley in the fourth V EsCana. That was pretty decent i suppose.
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Mar 2014, 1:20 am

One good memory is going 65 games unbeaten in the league with Countesthorpe athletic old boys back in the day!!
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

Having played in the Alliance League for 20 years, the best I can come up with is winning any game whilst playing for Hood Park Rangers.
Back to top Go down
hanging large

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 7:33 am

watching demes atheltic win the billy walton cup when i was 17 and listening the music in the changing room. then playing for them for the next 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2014, 7:25 pm

my first season playing mens footy for my old works team walkers and son in 98 as a 16 year old. we went the first season without winning a game but it was one of the best team spirits I've been involved in.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 10:34 am

before Wednesday it was winning the stokes cup with avonside in 1993
now it,s winning div 5 brilliant night
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
karl_jacksonLKS

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 2:57 pm

For me, in our short time as a club, I will always remember our 1st game at home against little bowden which ended 2-2, going 2-0 up against star and garter in the cup and thinking we were gonna stuff them, only for them to teach us a footballing lesson in the 2nd half losing 4-2. But the obvious memories come this season, although now part of the management team, I've never been involved in a cup final before, and coley our LKSgaffer has completly changed the club around and to be involved in the stokes cup final with so many spectators there was better than winning the league, we may have lost but what an evening that was!!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitimeFri 02 May 2014, 10:09 pm

Winning Stokes cup in 1980 as well as county medals C in our first year of compatition football as they were the first Trophies i had ever won
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most memorable Alliance Moment?   Your most memorable Alliance Moment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your most memorable Alliance Moment?
Page 1 of 1