Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 8 December

Go down 
+5
dezza
spartamoshdock
Plough new boy
GazLCFC
Gordon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 8 December Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeSat 07 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm

Round 3 of County Competitions and a number of League fixtures

Have we still got a strong interest in the Holmes Park finals?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeSun 08 Dec 2013, 2:18 pm

White Horse 1 Global 2

Pleased with our performance after a lacklustre start (didn't help that I gave 6 players the wrong post code) where not having a proper warm up didn't help.
We went 1-0 down from a bit of a lucky goal that looped over our keeper.
We then started to get grip on the game and created a few chances. Shortly after hitting the post a cross was headed into the net by a WH defender.
Second half we kept the pressure on and scored from a 1 on 1.
WH put us under a bit of pressure late on but didn't really have the finishing edge to get back into the game with both our central defenders dealing with most attacks.
I always enjoy games against WH and in general the game was played in good spirits other than a couple of hearty challenges.

Global Goals...

OG
Carl Waring
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeSun 08 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

Plough 5-2 alliance.

Prob our best porfamance off season ht was 1-1 and fair id say they maybe edged second half we dominated looked solid at back with Dave in there and burty back. Very enjoyable when we play like that. Pink army !!!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeSun 08 Dec 2013, 4:22 pm

SPARTA MOSHDOCK 3-8 Creation Builders
Aaron Preston x 3

A very poor performance from us against a very decent side. We didn't get started and found ourselves 4-1 down at half time. Second half we came out fighting and got back into it at 4-2 then 5-3 but poor defensive mistakes cost us and that killed the game.

It's no excuse, but we had a lot out today in important positions. No keeper meant one of our centre backs had to go in goal and with another 4 defenders out it meant Mark Graham had to do a job at centre back. But, as I said, not really an excuse as they just wanted it more than us on the day.

Creation Builders are a very good side and will take some stopping, good luck to them.

We need to bounce back quickly with the FA Sunday Cup next week in Dunstable v FC Houghton Centre.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeSun 08 Dec 2013, 7:49 pm

Fc Azzurri 2 v 4 GT

Very disappointed to lose our 1st league game of the season but it had to happen eventually! We started the game playing 3-5-2 due to a lack of defenders and it just didn't work. Gt took the lead after the ball broke kindly for daz Taylor and to e fair to him his finish was class. We then equalised through a lee Barratt header, then literally 5 mins later gt got a penalty which they duly despatched, meaning we went  in at half time 2-1 down. First half was quite scrappy I'd say we possibly had more of the ball but didn't do anything with it. 2nd half we switched to 4-4-2 sacrificing Ryan Allen to play left back, however a mix up in defence left there striker with a golden opportunity and he lobbed our keeper against run of play , we then got a second and were all over gt and started playing more like ourselves but we just could not get the equaliser! Their defence performed exceptionally well and their keeper pulled off some excellent saves, we seemed determined to waste our own time by continuously giving away petty fouls which led to gt getting another penalty with 6 minutes to go! Game over!

GT are definitely our bogey side no matter what team I have been with they always get something from us, what I would say is I think people over look them as they supposedly don't have the "star" names, but they work ridiculously hard on the pitch and play well as a team together! They play to their strengths
Back to top Go down
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeMon 09 Dec 2013, 9:37 am

spartamoshdock wrote:
Aaron Preston x 3

A very poor performance from us against a very decent side. We didn't get started and found ourselves 4-1 down at half time. Second half we came out fighting and got back into it at 4-2 then 5-3 but poor defensive mistakes cost us and that killed the game.

It's no excuse, but we had a lot out today in important positions. No keeper meant one of our centre backs had to go in goal and with another 4 defenders out it meant Mark Graham had to do a job at centre back. But, as I said, not really an excuse as they just wanted it more than us on the day.

Creation Builders are a very good side and will take some stopping, good luck to them.

We need to bounce back quickly with the FA Sunday Cup next week in Dunstable v FC Houghton Centre.
No the usual Moshdok I'm used to seeing, but as well as I've seen you play, Creation Builders were a very strong all round team. Niffy ressies also shipped goals at Horsewell, weird as they seemed to play nice stuff but everytime the other team went forward they scored !!!
Back to top Go down
Sirus

Sirus

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeMon 09 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
Aaron Preston x 3

cant blame the defence, for anymore than 1 goal in my opinion! It was a few af the midfielders that were nowhere to be seen! Bottled it, when others are playing out of position to help the team....
Back to top Go down
fcpoplar

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeMon 09 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm

Just like to say we (fc poplar) played clarendon park rangers yesterday and ended up winning 3-2 clarendon are a great set of lads and it was a pleasure to play against them... We have also played lda spartans earlier and again was a great game.. No hassle n games played in the right spirit... Well done alliance league
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

Where's Dennis? it must be almost a year since he went down, thats no excuse not to come on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 December   Banter - Sunday 8 December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 8 December
Page 1 of 1