Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Rules about reserve teams

Go down 
+9
Polingtons
the goalie
tokenblackguy
dave ash
FcCoL_Curt#16
CSKA Mod
CSKA17
Polska legend II
Fccol
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fccol

Rules about reserve teams Empty
PostSubject: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

I aint one for moaning normally but i would like to see a rule about reserve teams and how many first teamers play for them. Now i like the idea of dropping/promoting players in your ranks but its got to be done right. We (fc city of leicester) turned up to play cska carnaby reserves today but found out that they used 8 first teamers out of 14 used (over half). This was because the first team didnt have a game. So we could have potentially lost important points due to having to play players that are doing well in division 2. It affects our division doing this and make a mockery of it. Luckily we beat them anyway but it felt like a billy walton win and not a division 7 win.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 2:21 pm

league rules state: no team shall play, in any fixture, more than 3 players who have played in 5 matches for a club's more senior teams in any one season.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 2:34 pm

Well if thats the case then cska will be in trouble or will lie about who they played. The reason i know they played 8 is because one of there players that does normally play for the reserves told me. Im not looking to get anyone in trouble by the way but today was rediculas. Ive actually got a soft spot for cska carnaby reserves as they set up at the same time as us and in our first year we both went through a torrid time but come on lads play by the above rules which you should of known about due to having a reserve side.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm

See my replies on the other results/banter. We didn't pal. Regardless of the rules I'd never stick that many in as it pointless.

2 started, and mainly cos we had players missing up front we brought in those 2. Not fair on my regulars to replace them for a one off game
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 2:44 pm

Ive known u guys for a few years now and there was more than a right winger and a striker. The bloke in the middle that stuck the bar was quality, defo not a reserve team player and the left back was also too good. I wouldnt of said 8 if it wernt for one of your lads telling us but i would of said 5/6 easily. If the rest are your lads then there is no way you would of got tucked 14-0 by medz who we beat in the cup 3-2 the week before. There was a centre back who came off also that was not a reserve team player
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 3:01 pm

Liam centre mid has played for us all season after signing this summer, played 2 games in goal for the firsts I think. And LB has also played for both teams for all 3 seasons since we've been going. Finally, no CB came off...

Reason we've been getting thrashed is lack of confidence from losing. Recently once we go a couple down we drop our heads and crumble, its not from lack of ability.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 3:38 pm

Interesting that you ask the question about this and not the question in relation to teams punctuality. Despite having only seven men at 10:30am (a number that may I add, can be used to commence a game) we allowed you guys to wait until just before 11am to kick off at which point you had mustered nine and two more arrived withing minutes of kick off.

Craig Cheadle and John Selfridge both started and scored. Both players have previously been used as First Team players this season. However, the Seconds are very short on players in the attacking third and as such, these lads were drafted into the squad. Elsewhere, we had several lads who have featured in our First Team squad this season but are predominantly Second Team players.

Perry Heathcote, for my money, our Man of the Match today for keeping us in it. He has played in goal three times this season for the First Team. And the aforementioned midfielder who hit the woodwork and had a great game today, albeit for 60 or so minutes, has played twice for the Firsts this season, in goal. Otherwise, he has been a Second Team player as have both the two centre backs that played today. Between them, the two centre backs have an accumalation of just 35 minutes of First Team football between them in the last 18 months.

So apologies that we didn't field a side that were a carbon copy to the one that lost last week to Medz (a side you beat in the Cup 3-2) and sorry we did not roll over as you probably hoped when you went 1-0 up within seconds. I do hope you realise though that rules of the playground are not an exact science and your victory over Medz doesn't mean you should have tallied up a similar scoreline this morning against us.

Thank you for the assessment that loads of lads in our side could easily play for the Firsts, a side your side has never met though. It may be a huge boost to them. I tend to agree. The Seconds have some great players and some great characters who continue to turn out despite some tough defeats of late and a reduced squad due to several leaving the set-up. The lads have been understandably short of confidence but I'll pass your appraisal on at training.

Thanks for the eventual game and well done. Despite the fact I am unhappy about the above allegations and to my knowledge, no thanks being offered for the game being delayed, I think you guys deserved it on your second half showing.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 3:53 pm

Just for the record - a team can start with a minimum of 9 players which constitutes a team for a competition match
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 3:58 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Just for the record - a team can start with a minimum of 9 players which constitutes a team for a competition match
Apologies, I thought it was seven. I know they can be reduced to at least seven before a game is abandoned by the ref.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 4:01 pm

some competitions have differing rules, but in our handbook it is 9
Back to top Go down
FcCoL_Curt#16

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 4:16 pm

Just to note we didnt expect a easy game today and we knew before hand there was a strong chance you would field several first team players. Also I thanked your captain and apologised for the delay when we did the coin toss. It was a nice sporting gesture which was very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 4:23 pm

I agree im disapointed by it kicking off late but we cannot help the m1 north being closed and the divertion taking over 20 miles. And i also apologies for the delay and do thank you guys and the ref (even through he only turned up at 10.30 due to the same problem). however i did try and saying im not trying to get anyone in trouble and im still not. You had a big number of first team players playing today and you have even just admited it. Im not saying cuz medz smashed you and we beat medz we should smash you at all but im saying look at the facts an clearly you have used first teamers because they didnt have a game. Youve scored 6 goals all season but got 3 today (half the season in 1 game) and you conceeded 34 in your last 3 games and today bar the last 20 mins when you took a couple first teamers off you look comfortable with only conceeding 1. If i am mistaken and you have been lagitimate then i apologies again but feel your side and football today was better than bottom of div 7 and its a coincidence that your first team didnt have a game.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 4:53 pm

Ive also just realised between you and cska17 you have admitted to playing more than the permitted 3 first team players. You have named both the strikers and cska17 also said a right mid and then i know of one more first team players that came off the bench. Thats 4 at least but im sure it at least a few more. And i realised i said centre back but ment the striker that came off, number 37, which must of been john as i can remember the other lad cheadle playing the whole game. Just disapointing that we had to play against that many first teamers just because they didnt have a game. I still hope you pick up all the points that you can unless against us cuz like i said ive a soft spot for you guys but just hope you dont use that many first teamers again
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 5:03 pm

Having spoken to one of my mates who plays for CSKA ress before all this debating started i can confirm that there was only two first team players playing today and as i don't play for them anymore i have no reason to lie and to be honest Luke and Collis who run the 1st and ressies would not put that many 1st team players in the ressies, one because you are not allowed that many and 2 it would not be fair on the regulars who turn up week in week out even with the bad results they have had over the past weeks that just leads to players leaving the club.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm

I certainly wish u was right dave but i believe you may have been misinformed. They have admitted 3 on this page by saying 2 strikers and a right mid and then i no one of the subs that came on and he defo plays for the first team so there is at least 4. Then im sure of 1 or 2 more cuz they were just too good. Im sure 8 is a bit far but thats only what a cska player said to us so god only knows. Maybe they were very low on numbers and thats why they had to use that many but i 100% know it was more than 2. Either way we still got the 3 points so im at least happy about that.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 6:23 pm

Fccol wrote:
I certainly wish u was right dave but i believe you may have been misinformed. They have admitted 3 on this page by saying 2 strikers and a right mid and then i no one of the subs that came on and he defo plays for the first team so there is at least 4. Then im sure of 1 or 2 more cuz they were just too good. Im sure 8 is a bit far but thats only what a cska player said to us so god only knows. Maybe they were very low on numbers and thats why they had to use that many but i 100% know it was more than 2. Either way we still got the 3 points so im at least happy about that.
I suggest if you have qualms you put the relevant complaint in because you are now barking right up the wrong tree.

Had you taken more note, we played ONE man up front. I, at no stage, said Jonny Norwell was not used from the bench. The First Team lads that started the game, as previously mentioned were Cheadle, our striker, and John Selfridge who played on the right flank.

So this is me done with on this particular thread. As I say, any more to say, do it to the relevant persons as your allegations are unfair on our lads who have suffered in recent weeks and subsequently put a really good shift in today.

Back to top Go down
tokenblackguy

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm

anyone mentioned luke williamson? id recognise that goatee anyday lol x
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 7:56 pm

Hey look if you didnt use more than 3 first team players then fair play im just saying it definately looked like you used more and when we turned up you had about 30 lads warming up. I think you have got me wrong as like i said from the off ive not got the intention off making any team get punished. I just want everything to be fair and if it is then thats all gd. And like i said in 2 previous posts i rli like cska carnaby res due to wot we both enjured during our first season together. We then both improved in the 2nd season and if thats your team we played today then i have no doubt that you will soon pick up that confidence boosting first win and start rising up the table. All the best for the season and look forward to hosting you for the return fixture (just hope you first team have a game that day lol)
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm

better than corrie this lol
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm

Must admit its been tempting 4 us 2 use first teamers in some games last year, we only used them when we were short, they only become 1st team players after 5 games,
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm

I work with one of the reserve lads and he also played for me last seson. He also confirms only 2 started, The CSKA lads would not drop half their squad to play first team players. It's not their way.

I think you would have a very unhappy resereves squad if they'd do that!!

Whats all the fuss about anyway...................you won the game!!
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 1:48 pm

Put FCCOL in div 2 I say
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm

I say the same at least we know we can beat 1 team in there lol Wink
Back to top Go down
FcCoL_Curt#16

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 2:13 pm

Haha I agree. We feel like Rangers
Back to top Go down
tokenblackguy

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 9:54 pm

even if only 2 started they still brought on at least 2 off the bench..which equals 4, 1 more than allowed
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 10:12 pm

tokenblackguy wrote:
even if only 2 started they still brought on at least 2 off the bench..which equals 4, 1 more than allowed
Not if they had played less than five first team games
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 4:28 pm

9 is competition rule
7 is laws of the game

the laws of the game say a team shall consist of 11 players one of which is a goalkeeper and that both teams must have a minimum of seven before they are allowed to start

competition rules says teams will be 11 players but only need 9 to start a game

laws also say
Although a match may not START if either team consists of fewer than seven
players, the minimum number of players in a team required for a match to
CONTINUE is left to the discretion of member associations. However, it is the
opinion of the International F.A. Board that a match should not continue if
there are fewer than seven players in either team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules about reserve teams   Rules about reserve teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules about reserve teams
Page 1 of 1