Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013

Go down 
+13
Hellboy
VanessaRussell
Fishandchips
Bucko
the harrow wookie
L.K.F.C
Hairy Hebrew!
EUFCAudi
The wanderer
spartamoshdock
wigstoN R I
g72
The Fixture Secretary
17 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 12:48 pm

Post away - Banter from today's games.

For those who don't officially know Enderby have definitely resigned meaning Shoemakers didn't have a game today.

Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 1:11 pm

Dukla 3-1 Birstall rangers

bit of a dull game but we did what was needed, birstall great set of lads and kept on fighting til the end. We went down to 10 men through injury after all subs done with 25 mins to go, but didn't look like losing. We still need to improve our game though if we wanna finish top 4.
Back to top Go down
wigstoN R I

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 1:56 pm

wigstoN R I 6 -3 Royalists

Missed a number of chances to win by more, despite playing well below par and a few injured players having to play through the pain.
One large talking point was the wigston lines Dan Mitchell not being aware that if the ball crosses over the white line it is a throw-in. For all his goalscoring threat, he is clearly not particularly bright.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 1:57 pm

MDH Knights 5-0 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

The less said about today the better. Well played MDH, they were much better than us today and fully deserved the win.

Wouldn't have influenced the result too much (except the penalty decision at 1-0) but I personally thought the referee had an abysmal match today. This was for both sides, not just us.

We now desperately need to regroup and start afresh, hopefully the week off will do us good.
Back to top Go down
The wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm

Cfa 1-1 White horse wanderers

Alex hall

Almost back to full strength today and it made a difference we were a different team from last weeks dire performance against the superstars. First half we rode our luck abit and cfa got through a few times but our keeper who is a center back and man of the match kept them at bay we had our chances aswell to go into the break in the lead but went in 0-0. Into the second half we improved alot and were the better team although cfa were still a threat. We took the lead from the peno spot after some good play and strength by alex hall got into the area and there player brought him down which he got up and took himself and sent rhe keeper the wrong way to put us one up. We were more than value for the lead based on the second half but abit of sloppy play and cfa broke quickly 5 mins from time amd the ball was squared to there player wjo had all the time in the world to place his shot and he took it. Feels like a loss fromnour point of view but at the start of the game would have took a point all day long. Cfa are a very good footballing side and will deffo be up there at the end of the season one of the best teams we have played so far the other being lks. All the best to cfa look forward to the return top bunch of lads.
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 3:47 pm

Enness 3-5 royal oak

Shame we had 6 players out today. Would have been a different result with a full squad. Mistakes for their goals and a big chance to equalise at the end which wasn't taken and Royal oak went the other end and scored straight away.

Look forward to the away fixture
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 6:31 pm

Enness 3-5 A.F.C Royal Oak
Scorers
Wes Gilbert
Chris Love (3)
Chris Dexter

Like Enness, we were also missing players. So not sure that can be used as an excuse in the above comment. We had 4 players missing this week but the players who stepped in did a very good job. Every team misses players its just how you cope with your situation.  Players step up and some dont like may be today.

We went ahead after 15 mins through our summer signing Wes Gilbert scoring with a header. We possibly showed a little complacency and were pegged back to 1-1 after a fine strike. We continued to create chances though as Enness had a fair bit of possesion first half but didnt really create that much. Before the half was out some good play down the right saw Chris Love through on goal finishing well.

Second half was a very open game and we went 3-1 up, Lovey again finishing a powerful shot past the keeper. But Enness came back and got goal themselves. It got a little nervy towards the end with us spurning chance after chance. In fairness we could quite easily of got double our total today but it wasnt to be.

Dexter then scored perhaps our goal of the game with a powerful side foot strike from 25 yards out which found the bottom corner leaving the keeper rooted to the spot.

Back again Enness came though, making it 4-3. We were all over them going forward and I felt it would of been a travesty if they equalised.  But with a couple of mins remaining they had a glorius chance but the forward blasted it over. There was a foul in the lead up to the goal which we would of not been happy if the ball had hit the back of the net.

With in 1 minute though we went up the other end and the keeper spilled a simple catch straight into the path of Lovey who calmly finished.

I can only think of that last goal where there was a obvious mistake.

We have now played most of the top teams bar Fc Tumar and to come out with 5 wins out of 5 I couldnt be any prouder. A cracking start to the season for us. Looking at the table its Tumar that look the likeliest to push on although we still havent had a tougher game than vs Thurmaston.

Also today saw the re-signing of Edward Comyn-Platt who we thought we had lost this season which will be a big bonus for us.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

MDH 5 - 0 Sparta Moshdock

The scoreline doesn't necessarily reflect the game here as for an hour this was a competitive game.
We weren't at our best today and had to reshuffle to accommodate a few injuries and that certainly took us a while to get to grips with. That said we took a deserved early lead through Rob Barnett and had a few chances to extend the lead but as we couldn't capitalise Sparta enjoyed their own spells with Aaron Coleman doing very well to stop the Sparta striker when through one on one.

The second half again saw us with a good 5 minutes before Sparta again began to press but when Tom Dunne rounded off a great counter attack just after the hour mark it appeared to knock the stuffing out of Sparta. Cue a rampant finally 20 minutes as Sparta tried to push men forward we looked razor sharp when breaking and some fine moves were rounded off by Simon Barby, Lee Stevens and another for the impressive Barnett.
We had no idea what to expect this season after ppl telling us we might well be out of our depth but so far the lads have really responded to the challenge. Thanks to Sparta who undoubtedly have some very good players. Anyway it appears we're a quarter through our season already even though we e had a week of... Long summer break for us!
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 8:47 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Enness 3-5 A.F.C Royal Oak
Scorers
Wes Gilbert
Chris Love (3)
Chris Dexter

Like Enness, we were also missing players. So not sure that can be used as an excuse in the above comment. We had 4 players missing this week but the players who stepped in did a very good job. Every team misses players its just how you cope with your situation.  Players step up and some dont like may be today.

We went ahead after 15 mins through our summer signing Wes Gilbert scoring with a header. We possibly showed a little complacency and were pegged back to 1-1 after a fine strike. We continued to create chances though as Enness had a fair bit of possesion first half but didnt really create that much. Before the half was out some good play down the right saw Chris Love through on goal finishing well.

Second half was a very open game and we went 3-1 up, Lovey again finishing a powerful shot past the keeper. But Enness came back and got goal themselves. It got a little nervy towards the end with us spurning chance after chance. In fairness we could quite easily of got double our total today but it wasnt to be.

Dexter then scored perhaps our goal of the game with a powerful side foot strike from 25 yards out which found the bottom corner leaving the keeper rooted to the spot.

Back again Enness came though, making it 4-3. We were all over them going forward and I felt it would of been a travesty if they equalised.  But with a couple of mins remaining they had a glorius chance but the forward blasted it over. There was a foul in the lead up to the goal which we would of not been happy if the ball had hit the back of the net.

With in 1 minute though we went up the other end and the keeper spilled a simple catch straight into the path of Lovey who calmly finished.

I can only think of that last goal where there was a obvious mistake.

We have now played most of the top teams bar Fc Tumar and to come out with 5 wins out of 5 I couldnt be any prouder. A cracking start to the season for us. Looking at the table its Tumar that look the likeliest to push on although we still havent had a tougher game than vs Thurmaston.

Also today saw the re-signing of Edward Comyn-Platt who we thought we had lost this season which will be a big bonus for us.
Not an excuse, it's a reason. Out keeper today is actually a midfielder cos our keeper is injured. When ya have 6 key players out, it matters
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 9:40 pm

monsell res 6-6 harrow emerald
Really pleased with the lads today five starting players out including are captain and keeper and they battled for the point ,had a shocking start to the game conceding after 29 seconds and being three down after fifteen mins thought it was going to be double figures but the lads remembered how to play football and young jake inskip scored a screamer from a couple of yards outside the box (almost a carbon copy of monsells second goal) and the fight back was on think it was 4-4 with about 25 minutes to go and then cat and mouse back and forth till the final whistle only downside is that we conceded four goals from set pieces two of which were comical.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 10:57 pm

Huncote 3-0 thurmo

We are very upset today with the performance of the ref one sent off and 3 booked for us today are the bricks abit loose down holmes park or something and gave a penalty wen the ball was clearly won even there striker said the ball was won, we are really struggling as a club us and first team in getting players there every week but we will stick together and see the season out, huncote lads are a top bunch to be fair all the best for the season.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013, 11:53 pm

MDH 5-0 Moshdock

was a great game of football again today and a great exhibition for the prem with both sides getting the ball down and playing some good stuff, although the scoreline looked one sided it wasnt the case. I thought we played well in first half and for long periods and had the run of the midfield, we got a fairly early goal through Barnett and had the chances to extend the lead but didn't take them, some good stops from the keeper and defending made sure it was just the 1 at half time, Moshdock always looked like they had players with a threat. Second half and they stepped up, put us under some real pressure and had chances of their own but failed to force a memorable save out of our keeper, we got a 2nd through Tom Dunne with about 20 to go and it hit them hard, heads dropped when we added a 3rd again on the break but then we were pretty clinical in the last 10 mins and took full advantage.

On the ref i did think he missed a fair amount both ways, handballs, fouls etc but he was fairly consistent throughout, the penalty incident mentioned above was an odd one - i'm not sure on the laws exactly but i think he gave a free kick for a high foot (very debateable in my opinion anyway) then realised it was inside the box, knowing it was possibly the softest penalty he will ever give and perhaps a mistake on his part he awarded an indirect free kick inside the box instead of a penalty, maybe indirect free kick was correct, personally i think once given maybe it should of been a pen but as i say not too sure on the laws in this instance.

I think both sides were missing players but with so few games in the prem this season every win is important, good luck to Moshdock they have the players to turn it round but theres no easy games in this league so when you hit a bit of a bad run it's going to be difficult, good luck for the rest of the season, lets hope we can keep going and put pressure on the big names!

possibly my last game today, heading into retirement/coaching so nice to sign off with a goal if thats the case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 9:23 am

Webbys 5-0 Niffy 1st. I think Webbys were always gunna turn the corner, and comortably bossed this game. Niffy played good football in spells tho and I did notice 1 or 2 lads missing, but there was some sloppy goals conceded.
Back to top Go down
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 9:26 am

Niffy Res 2-0 United Revolution. Game lacked quality, and I did think United were the best team at the break tho Niffy defence looked pretty solid. A scrappy goal followed by a well taken 2nd from a good counter attack sealed the 3 points for Niffy, who again battled hard and were solid.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 11:10 am

Bucko wrote:
Huncote 3-0 thurmo

We are very upset today with the performance of the ref one sent off and 3 booked for us today are the bricks abit loose down holmes park or something and gave a penalty wen the ball was clearly won even there striker said the ball was won, we are really struggling as a club us and first team in getting players there every week but we will stick together and see the season out, huncote lads are a top bunch to be fair all the best for the season.
Blimey have you got it in for the refs again bucko, go have a lie down, take a deep breath and try to forget about it, i know everyones entitled to their opinion, but i dont think you are doing your team any favours, always best to try and keep on the good side of the ref, if they think you're having a pop at them all the time, you might not always get the fifty fifty decisions, afterall they are in charge.pirat 
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Gutted about our result yesterday, conceding in the last minute was hard to take especially after missing a penalty and having 2 goals disallowed for offside! Thought fosse are a good team and try to pass it around nicely and break with some pace.

Fosse's first goal was blatently offside aswell as bayliss headed it towards goal going miles wide though and it hit his own player on the back of the head and went in, to which we obviously protested but fell on death ears as our lino was useless and didnt flag, upon asking the ref at half time, he said he didnt see it hit the fosse striker and thought the original header straight in and if he had of seen it he would of disallowed it so fair play to him for admitting this although a little annoying
Back to top Go down
Cantona

Cantona

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 1:40 pm

From yesterday MJR 1-1 Global.

On the balance a fair result, could probably have been 5 a piece but both goalies made some good saves. Thought we were very strong 1st half, but switched off and global were stronger in the 2nd.

All in all a decent game and some good banter, Global have a good set up and can have a laugh with their lads. Look forward to return match!

Also well done to Wigston Plough Rovers for their first alliance win yesterday! A decent squad there who will gel more over time
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 6:01 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Bucko wrote:
Huncote 3-0 thurmo

Blimey have you got it in for the refs again bucko, go have a lie down, take a deep breath and try to forget about it, i know everyones entitled to their opinion, but i dont think you are doing your team any favours, always best to try and keep on the good side of the ref, if they think you're having a pop at them all the time, you might not always get the fifty fifty decisions, afterall they are in charge.pirat 
Haha i realised after i posted it i seem to have it in for them lol ill take ur advise mate
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

Jenko wrote:
Gutted about our result yesterday, conceding in the last minute was hard to take especially after missing a penalty and having 2 goals disallowed for offside! Thought fosse are a good team and try to pass it around nicely and break with some pace.

Fosse's first goal was blatently offside aswell as bayliss headed it towards goal going miles wide though and it hit his own player on the back of the head and went in, to which we obviously protested but fell on death ears as our lino was useless and didnt flag, upon asking the ref at half time, he said he didnt see it hit the fosse striker and thought the original header straight in and if he had of seen it he would of disallowed it so fair play to him for admitting this although a little annoying
I have to agree with you about our first goal mate, I was over near your linesman at the time and it did look offside to me. However I did think your offside goals were definitely offside, but I'm bound to say that when I'm playing at the back.

Thought we were the better team in the first half and I fully expected us to come out and win the game in the second half. You raised your game though and we really didn't get going and in the end were extremely lucky to snatch draw. Look forward to the return fixture and another close game.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 8:35 am

I cant see from my end whether they were on or offside so I wont cant complain at all! Yes it was offside dunno what our linesman was watching but oh well was a close game and look forward to the reverse fixture
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 9:00 am

Niffy Rangers 2-0 United Revolution

Just one of them days for us- huffed and puffed but could have been there all day! Dominated the game for long periods, playing some decent football in truth, but lacking that cutting edge. Missing players again which is starting to get pretty frustrating, thanks to Widds for helping out- cracking job at right back. Fair play to Niffy they never ever give in and were clincial when their chances came. Tom Tinney massive presence for them and no coincidence they have improved since his return. Good luck to Bretty and his lads for the rest of the season. Look forward to the reutn leg
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013   Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 29th September 2013
Page 1 of 1