Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Oadby Athletic Beware

Go down 
+7
gattuso
OadbyAthletic
whiteeagles
saturday manager
bretty1
Polingtons
NiffyA
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

Oadby Athletic Beware Empty
PostSubject: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

Hey Guys,

Played Oadby Athletic today, the game went pretty well but the manager who paid half the costs for the pitch and stated he would collect more money for the half towards the ref bailed after the game.

He's not responded to any of my texts so would suggest to any teams with games lined up against them or thinking of playing them ensure you get the money up front to ensure you don't get ripped off by the same people.

We as a team will never play them again.

Jamie
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

Was it the reserved
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 2:00 pm

It was a mixture of reserves and 1st team. They had 20ish players so had no real excuse not to have collected enough subs.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 3:38 pm

Give scot Clarke a text, he works with 1st team manager
Back to top Go down
saturday manager

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 5:01 pm

What a bunch of scumbags
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 9:25 pm

Had 2 cancel it now anyway
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 11:25 pm

Last edited by whiteeagles on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41 pm

I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody at Oadby but am I also correct in saying that our manager paid the share of the pitch but not the referee? Now, the referee was hardly official was he, not wearing refereeing gear, thought he was just one of yourselves who volunteered? The linesman was running the clock too...

To me this smells as if you're making a meal of it.
Back to top Go down
OadbyAthletic

OadbyAthletic

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:38 am

In response to Niffys insulting comment,

I had every intention of paying half the referee costs of £10, but being the manager of the team i got caught up collecting subs and packing away our gear and completely forgot. I have no objections to paying this £10 and will be dropping it off to the manager of Niffy as soon as i get chance.

However, i would like to point out, that the 'referee' was not a qualified referee as expected and was in fact merely a member of your club.

I would further like to point out that i personally have refereed many friendlys for Oadby Athletic and havnt charged any fee as i see it has helping both clubs financially. We as a club have played friendlys every week since the end of last season at home and away and i have never failed to pay my fees.

Having said this, you clearly need your £10 to cover your referee/managers 'expenses' and just to clarify i will be dropping this off at my earliest opportunity.

Finally, to all teams with games lined up against Niffy or thinking of playing them ensure you bring the right change or theyll cry about it and hound you like a scorned housewife!

We as a team will stick to playing proper football teams minus the handbags.

Carl x

p.s. Well said White Eagles
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 8:37 am

All abit silly all this, sorry for any offence you or your club feel Niffy have given out. We had a referee (mick smith) booked,unfortunately he dropped out. Our 1st team manager agreed to ref despite having to look after his little un. He travelled by two buses to have the honour. We in turn ALWAYS pay a minimum £20 to whichever mug is crazy enough to do it. Again I apologise for the over reaction but have been bitten so many times over the years. So I would just like to say on behalf of Niffy, Oadby ath are an excellent team,played the game in the right spirit for the most part. And some good banter on the line. (I was linesman/timekeeper/ manager. All the best for the season ahead.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 8:50 am

Just a quick request to the moderator , could you please change the headline by taking off the word 'BEWARE'.? It doesn't sound nice does it, thankyou
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

Behave yourself, you forgot to pay us? I reminded you at the end of the game to square up the extra £10, of which you stated that you would get to me straight away, apparently in your car?

In terms of the referee I had made you fully aware that the referee had let us down so I was arranging for a stand in so the game could proceed. You could have stated at that point you would have been happy to referee the game for free? Would have then saved us money??

Again there was no reply to the texts I sent through to you, or even an apology that you had forgot later on.

Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:40 pm

The oadby lads and gaffer are all tops blokes and i think this has been blown out of proportion, £20 for someone to ref a game who isnt a ref?!?! Most qualified refs dont charge that for pr season
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

You really have blown this out of proportion NiffyA. Rather ironic that that remains your username, the ever so infamous Niffy 'A' team, quite possibly the most hated Alliance league side of all time? You can hardly sit high on your pedestal with the reputation that you've gathered and arguing over £10 owed to a referee who wasn't even official is rather scandalous do you think not?
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

Niffy A most hated, calm down. We haven't commented on your club have we? When have u had owt to do with Niffy? We addressed our problems thankyou. An official ref or not u still need someone to do it, incase u get stupid challenges mr dent was known for. I have been on here to apologise to Oadby as obviously something went wrong. Probably the fact that most teams when playin at aylestone park stop for a beer and all monies can be changed over then. But again never mind we will sort it out.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm

No disrespect to yourself at all Bretty but NiffyA is certainly making a big deal of this, he was quick to play down Niffya's antics when we clashed 2 years ago though in the most disgusting match I've ever played in 14 years of football. Just putting it out there as it seems he is very quick to pounce on others yet defends his own when in the wrong
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 7:11 pm

bretty1 wrote:
Niffy A most hated, calm down. We haven't commented on your club have we? When have u had owt to do with Niffy? We addressed our problems thankyou. An official ref or not u still need someone to do it, incase u get stupid challenges mr dent was known for. I have been on here to apologise to Oadby as obviously something went wrong. Probably the fact that most teams when playin at aylestone park stop for a beer and all monies can be changed over then. But again never mind we will sort it out.

Commenting on my challenges because I posted about oadby being decent lads shut up u clown
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 8:19 pm

U commented on the ref u tit
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 8:48 pm

OadbyAthletic wrote:
In response to Niffys insulting comment,

I had every intention of paying half the referee costs of £10, but being the manager of the team i got caught up collecting subs and packing away our gear and completely forgot. I have no objections to paying this £10 and will be dropping it off to the manager of Niffy as soon as i get chance.

Carl x

p.s. Well said White Eagles

ooh i do like boobies.....

Any excuse...pay up you tight sod, iv'e never heard of so much grief over a little brown note, i hope the niffy manager holds it up to the light when you hand it over, mind you he's probably got a UV pen in his sky rocket, just in case anyone tries to diddle him and take the michael.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm

bretty1 wrote:
U commented on the ref u tit

Yes about how much they charge pre season which is true
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 12:48 am

Your ref against joiners on sat cost £30 mate. Anyway lets out this to bed now, it's least had something to debate in an otherwise dead forum. Cheers all
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 8:45 am

This thread should be on the banter page, completely lost in the friendly section. Made me lol several times. ha ha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 9:38 am

I reffed a niffy  game once, i didnt charge them a single penny.

i'd now like my £40 please, thats what i charge normally.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 10:04 am

We need a ref for sun, I'm gonna leave it for Jamie to sort out. Lol. £20+ if your game or daft enough?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

against oadby athletic again?.....beware.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm

i'll come ref it so i dont put in any 'stupid tackles'
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 12:45 pm

I wouldn't worry to much about their comments gattuso. Everyone knows you can't get near anyone on a football pitch.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

gattuso wrote:
i'll come ref it '

in the nude with this weather.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 2:00 pm

GaryNev wrote:
I wouldn't worry to much about their comments gattuso.  Everyone knows you can't get near anyone on a football pitch.

i must agree but if i do i will put in a silly challenge
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

And so you should .. You have to make up for that lack of footballing ability somehow.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 3:10 pm

GaryNev wrote:
And so you should .. You have to make up for that lack of footballing ability somehow.

indeed, i would comment on you greatness of football but sadly you have not said who you are
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

OadbyAthletic wrote:
tight wad

Have you paid them the money you owe them yet?
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2013, 8:55 pm

gattuso wrote:
The oadby lads and gaffer are all tops blokes and i think this has been blown out of proportion, £20 for someone to ref a game who isnt a ref?!?! Most qualified refs dont charge that for pr season

kev french does lolll carries it away in a wheelbarrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oadby Athletic Beware   Oadby Athletic Beware Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oadby Athletic Beware
Page 1 of 1