Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Your clubs season review

Go down 
+17
Sparta3
Abruzzi
monsellwmc
Dirk Jr
Hellboy
ShaNiO
Dan1117
oily
TFFC
the goalie
Jedster
Hairy Hebrew!
Fishandchips
Widds
Nuge35
THE MAGICIAN
dezza
21 posters
AuthorMessage
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Your clubs season review Empty
PostSubject: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 7:39 am

Interesting to see how you all think your clubs season has gone, what were the highlights? The low points ? Lets hear it
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 7:53 am

FC Azzurri

For me I would say our 1st season in the alliance league has been a relatively successful one with us winning the division 1 which is something I never really expected to, especially not after the start Thurmo made and with us dropping points against foxes and barcabullona in our first 3 games 2nd was the best I thought we could possibly hope for!! However after those games something finally clicked and we went on a run of winning every league from then until we drew with enderby town who had 9 men in march I think it was!! Only losing our 1 and only game a week ago to thurmaston after we had already secured the title.
I do think however that the league table makes it look slightly easier for us than it was, I still don't know how we got a point against foxes in September or how we managed to come away from our home game against niffy with a win as niffy completely out played us that day!! The lads have shown some great character in league games this season. I also like to think our lads have conducted themselves in a good manner towards the opposition throughout the season although I think this is mainly down to the fact they are too busy arguing with each other to worry about the other team hahahaha

Our performance in cup competitions has been somewhat disappointing I don't think we really made an impression on any of the cups we took part in!!!

I would single some of the players out but that might give away the end of season awards so I'll say it's been massive team effort by all!

We look forward to the challenge of the premier division next season!!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 10:29 am

RUBBISH, OUTCLASSED all year. THAT IS ALL Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 10:42 am

You enjoyed it then Malc??? Haha
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 11:18 am

Another inconsistent season for us, becoming like a broken record in honesty. Consistency has been our problem in terms of personnel being there, start the season well, soon as October/November hits were a different side. We showed signs of improvement at the turn of the year but lack of commitment from players cost us. Think we only had Blackie play every game last season and I am sure he's 902! Wink

moving on for next season there is some change, managers finally got someone into help him, hopefully this person can attract some quality players and we can do something with ourselves. We know where we need to strengthen and hopefully potential additions coming in could boost that.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 1:06 pm

I agree with Malcs statement!!

I think we had one highlight which was beating WCB in the Arthur Moore, i know they were short on players, but we still did very well.

Arthur Moore Cup - pretty poor, after two great results against the Breakers and then Niffy, we thought we had a chance, but then Thurmaston tore us a new one and we missed out in the first round.

Billy Walton - enjoyed a tough battle against Webbys where we took a very good 1-0 win against tough opposition. Then drew Advance Couriers, and despite the result, i was delighted to get a crack against them, especially if its their last season.

County Cup - I think we beat a team from the LSL and then got knocked out in the second round of matches by some 6 fingered team from Hinckley...team name began with a 'C'

League - oh my!! Well, we had a cracking 1-1 battle with Hoskins which was enjoyable, we really enjoyed slogging it out there. Other highlights - the double over Fosse City (haha unlucky Jimmy!) and the 6-4 win over Niffy (so yeah, basically i see our 3 wins as the highlights!). Oh i guess coming back from 4-2 against Foxes to draw 4-4 in the last minute was a good laugh.
Low points in the league - getting destroyed by Thurmaston, Enderby, Foxes, Azzuri and another team in our division who i cant remember.
We went into the season thinking that it was a bit too big a jump, but we were determined to try and win promotion as the majority of our side is now the wrong side of 30 and we thought it was our last opportunity to have a dabble in the 'top flight', clearly we are more suited to mediocrity than a crack at the big time lol.
On a personal note, i have never wanted a season to end up until this one...the miserable weather, trying to play above our unfit, hungover Sunday level, playing a few teams that seemed intent on winning at all violent costs...i can see why Sunday footie is waivering!!

So yeah, as Malc says in his appraisel - what a load of b0ll0cks lol

Enjoy your summer, from all at NRI!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 2:17 pm

Billy Walton - Quarter Final and no disgrace going out to the reigning Prem champions and potential winners of this cup this season, disapointed we didn't give them more of a scare, had the chances to make them sweat but not quite enough on the day.

County Cup - Quarter Final, disaponited with falling at the quarter final stage in this one but respect to Webbys who ground out the win, we had the better chances but failed to take them and they made us pay.

EW Fosters Cup - Champions, inconsistent at times but when you have the winning habit like we did this season we edged games which perhaps in the past we would have lost, it all came together in the end and i thought the final night was one of the best performances we put in all season to lift the cup.

League - Champions, No one expected much from us this season, with Fairfield and Ayelstone tipped to run away with it, but we ironed out our inconsistancies from the past and performed in the big games - it was a lot tighter than the final table really shows and all hinged on a Friday night at Fairfield, had we lost that one it could have been a different story. Delighted to win the league and look forward to what ever the challenge is next season!

Highlights -
The night out at Holmes Park is up there, seeing captain Liam Day and Lee Perry (after 17 years with the club and winning his first trophy) lift the cup .
Beating Fairfield to effectively win the title in a heated game on a Friday night.
Simmo's penalty in the shootout with Bees Knees on a miserable cup morning brightened things up as he failed to even reach the goal from 12 yards.

Overall a top season for us, great set of lads who've had a fair amount to celebrate together this year, maybe the odd retirement over the summer but we are already working on 1 or 2 additions for the Premier league or Division 1, whichever it may be - i don't think any of us would complain about giving the top league a go.

Have a good summer all cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 7:36 pm

A.F.C. Royal Oak

League position - 1st
Billy Walton - last 16
County Cup - semi final
Stokes Cup - runners up

Absolute fantastic season for us. Were tipped at the start of the season for a good performance in the league. After having a very slow start as usual we went on a great league winning streak. We lost to Royalist amd Mivanin the first month of the sseason and a draw vs hat and beaver left us well behind the leading pack. We had strengthened in a few areas in the summer where we were lacking the previous season. We havent lost a league game since mid september and a draw the other week vs Aylestone was the only blip so far on a very impressive run.
The wins vs Royalist at home and LKS away were particular league highlights for me. We were behind in both games but showed great character to take 3 points in both games.

Am a big fan of the Billy Walton and we upped our game taking a few scalps of division 3. St Marks and Fleckney athletic were dispatched untill we came up against Fairfield. We put a decent performance in against Fairfield but could tell the gulf unfortunately, but I hope we did ourselves justice.

County cup saw us venturing to some very strange places and we managed to do very well. The ties vs measham and Thringstone, both away were great games. Ahain we showed character with comical refereeing decisions seeing us go down to 10 men. We moan about alliance refs but these lot were something else!
The performance vs Royalist also in the quarters I think was one of our best performances. Toto vs Barnett was a great battle to watch amd Toto came out on top.

Stokes cup saw us manage to get to holmes park but lose in a disappointing final vs Monsell. We managed to dispatch North Kilworth reserves in the semi final 4-0 seeing a couple of crackers from Dexter.

My main disappointment was not reaching the County cup final as I thought we had the beating of Oadby in the second half. Lovey had a shot that stopped on the line from the bloody mud which would of I believe see us go through.

Looking forward to next season already! We have a presentation/festival weekend to celebrate our 10th year as a club. Then the work begins for 2013-2014. Am sure a few new faces will come in as have an eye on a few to bolster us.

Last edited by Hairy Hebrew! on Tue 14 May 2013, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 9:42 pm

Oscars ... (how i see it anyway) billy walton; good run ended by barcebullna which personally is my biggest dissapointment as i missed it through injury and really dint wanna get turned over TWICE by them, but massive respect to them boys and shame to see them folding.. County cup: dissapointing that is all! Arthur moore again nothing to write home about . Prem: runners up and happy to have took it to our last game decider against advance couriers who are still class and weve no shame finishing second to them... personally very smug to shut a lot of people up who slated us when we were in the lsl and said we couldnt cope in alliance prem and we were this and that but yeah i think its fair to say point proven!
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 11:15 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

DITTO mate , lol! scratch see ya next season
Back to top Go down
TFFC

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013, 2:28 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Double ditto Malc i could not have put it better, Us at trinity have only won one game all season and then the team we beat go and fold so a season with nil points. Crying or Very sad

we have decided to affiliate aginst next season and give it another go, on the basis that things can only get better I HOPE Neutral
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013, 1:25 am

Webbys.
Good county cup run until being outplayed in the semi.
Poor start to the season and the inability to keep the same
team every week was our dowfall and not having a regular
keeper.
Back to top Go down
Dan1117

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013, 3:01 am

Oily, sign me up!! Lol only joking pal! Good luck for next season!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013, 10:17 am

TFFC wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Double ditto Malc i could not have put it better, Us at trinity have only won one game all season and then the team we beat go and fold so a season with nil points. Crying or Very sad

we have decided to affiliate aginst next season and give it another go, on the basis that things can only get better I HOPE Neutral

Lol made me chuckle, Respect for you carrying on though. All the best for next season.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2013, 10:14 am

Nuge35 wrote:
Another inconsistent season for us, becoming like a broken record in honesty. Consistency has been our problem in terms of personnel being there, start the season well, soon as October/November hits were a different side. We showed signs of improvement at the turn of the year but lack of commitment from players cost us. Think we only had Blackie play every game last season and I am sure he's 902! Wink

moving on for next season there is some change, managers finally got someone into help him, hopefully this person can attract some quality players and we can do something with ourselves. We know where we need to strengthen and hopefully potential additions coming in could boost that.

Unless your bringing in Mourinho i doubt he will attract "quality" players in all fairness!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2013, 1:23 pm

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Unless your bringing in Mourinho i doubt he will attract "quality" players in all fairness!

I think its the turnip.
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 5:28 pm

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Just love a comment don't ya? whatever we do wont matter to you will it?
Back to top Go down
Dirk Jr

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 5:49 pm

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Signed a few "quality" players already I think someones bitter...
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 8:57 am

Dirk Jr wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Signed a few "quality" players already I think someones bitter...

Bitter?? Ive just got a second promotion what could i possibly have to be bitter about
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 8:57 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

I know you just love to bite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:28 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

So the fishing around to sign back on was all a publicity stunt? Wink
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:37 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Fishing around? i record saying " if St Marks dont carry on as i wouldnt wanna play for anybody else as id be messing about and taking Saturdays seriously" ??
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:38 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Fishing around? i record saying " if St Marks dont carry on as i wouldnt wanna play for anybody else as id be messing about and taking Saturdays seriously" ??

now the retractions come into play Laughing
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:41 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:45 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

the words messing about were never once muttered, you suggested st.marks were going higher than 1 division in promotion and said you wouldn't want to play serious Saturdays AND sundays I will give you that. I'm sure its immaterial as we all know you will be playing for them next season on Sundays anyway
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 9:47 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

the words messing about were never once muttered, you suggested st.marks were going higher than 1 division in promotion and said you wouldn't want to play serious Saturdays AND sundays I will give you that. I'm sure its immaterial as we all know you will be playing for them next season on Sundays anyway

I remember telling you more than once that Tom was considering Saturdays and id be playing seriously then and using Sundays as fitness, St Marks are carrying on Sundays so yes i will be playing for them whether it be Div 1, Div 2 or Div 7 is irrelevant.

If you paid more attention you might not make mistakes........ Just like work Wink
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 10:13 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

I remember telling you more than once that Tom was considering Saturdays and id be playing seriously then and using Sundays as fitness, St Marks are carrying on Sundays so yes i will be playing for them whether it be Div 1, Div 2 or Div 7 is irrelevant.

If you paid more attention you might not make mistakes........ Just like work Wink

Sorry your perfect aren't ya! lol!
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 10:15 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

Depends what ur talking about, eating is a definate yes
Back to top Go down
Nuge35

Nuge35

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 10:20 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

Clearly spelling is not Wink
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 10:24 am

Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Nuge35 wrote:

Did i not say that then?

Clearly spelling is not Wink

I know how to spell Idiot Smile
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 11:33 am

when we say box em in, this isnt what we mean.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 4:11 pm

Monsell WMC.

Extremely happy with our first season in the Alliance, not only for our own performances but also the way the league is run, the league committee have been fantastic and every team we've played against this season have been very friendly and well run teams. A massive difference from our previous seasons in another league, wont mention the league...
Division 5...
We entered the season hoping for promotion and we achieved that, to win the division was fantastic and unexpected. A great start to the season helped that, but just couldn't get passed LDA Spartans who gave us 2 very good games. Losing 5,4 at home and 4,2 away, we thought the league was theres. But they slipped up and we took full advantage of our games in hand to in the division on the final day. When your 2 strikers Kev Jones and Nick Keeber score 100 goals between them then you have a great chance of winning. But not taking credit away from the rest of the team as we also have the best defensive record in the division too.
A couple of slip ups ourselves with the 2,1 away win at Mark J Rees after going 1 nil down with 20 minutes left, we were getting a little worried, they gave us a very good game. And a very tough competitive away game against CPR ending in a 2,2 draw with LDA looking on from the sidelines, squeaky bum time, but we got the job done in the end.
Bill Walton Cup...
I feel we had a good run, beating Wigston from div 3 and fosse from div 1, we were very happy with our performances going into the next round against Prem Sports. We have them a good game for 60 minutes at 1,1, but then theyre experience took over and we crumbled losing 4,1 in the end to the team that went on to win the cup.
County Cup....
Traveled far and wide to reach the semi's, very disappointing semi losing 3,2 after defensive mistakes against Hinckley Knights who we thought we lucky to beat us, but well done to Tumar for destroying them in the final.
Stokes Cup....
Winning the stokes cup was a massive bonus as the league was always our main priority. A very poor display in the final against oak but got the game won and that's all that matters. Nearly went out in the early rounds against Royalists after drawing 7,7 but went on to win 9,7 in the end. So very happy to win the cup in the end.

So in all a very successful first season and now we look forward to being in most probably division 3 and see what we can do next season. Watch this space......
Back to top Go down
Abruzzi

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 8:45 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
Monsell WMC.

Extremely happy with our first season in the Alliance, not only for our own performances but also the way the league is run, the league committee have been fantastic and every team we've played against this season have been very friendly and well run teams. A massive difference from our previous seasons in another league, wont mention the league...
Division 5...
We entered the season hoping for promotion and we achieved that, to win the division was fantastic and unexpected. A great start to the season helped that, but just couldn't get passed LDA Spartans who gave us 2 very good games. Losing 5,4 at home and 4,2 away, we thought the league was theres. But they slipped up and we took full advantage of our games in hand to in the division on the final day. When your 2 strikers Kev Jones and Nick Keeber score 100 goals between them then you have a great chance of winning. But not taking credit away from the rest of the team as we also have the best defensive record in the division too.
A couple of slip ups ourselves with the 2,1 away win at Mark J Rees after going 1 nil down with 20 minutes left, we were getting a little worried, they gave us a very good game. And a very tough competitive away game against CPR ending in a 2,2 draw with LDA looking on from the sidelines, squeaky bum time, but we got the job done in the end.
Bill Walton Cup...
I feel we had a good run, beating Wigston from div 3 and fosse from div 1, we were very happy with our performances going into the next round against Prem Sports. We have them a good game for 60 minutes at 1,1, but then theyre experience took over and we crumbled losing 4,1 in the end to the team that went on to win the cup.
County Cup....
Traveled far and wide to reach the semi's, very disappointing semi losing 3,2 after defensive mistakes against Hinckley Knights who we thought we lucky to beat us, but well done to Tumar for destroying them in the final.
Stokes Cup....
Winning the stokes cup was a massive bonus as the league was always our main priority. A very poor display in the final against oak but got the game won and that's all that matters. Nearly went out in the early rounds against Royalists after drawing 7,7 but went on to win 9,7 in the end. So very happy to win the cup in the end.

So in all a very successful first season and now we look forward to being in most probably division 3 and see what we can do next season. Watch this space......

Tumar got destroyed in the final.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 11:03 am

LDA Spartans

Very good season for us overall, just disappointed not to take home a trophy. We've been a mid-table division 5 side for three years so it was great to finally have some success despite only adding one new player to the squad.

Division 5
Got off to a great start early on, going 10 games unbeaten, including victory over Monsell and a draw against Talbot even though we barely had a side to put out. we had a mid-season blip, losing to CPR & Humbo and only drawing with Pochin. Pleased that we put our reputation of collapsing to bed by finishing the season very strong - beating Monsell, Talbot and CPR in April. We managed to take Monsell to their last game and did the league double over them, making us the only team to beat every side in the league. Not bad considering Monsell were touted by many as easy winners.

Bill Walton
We lost 3-2 to a determined Royalist side in the second round. A poor result but strangely a good performance. Expectations in this competition were low so not too much of a disappointment.

County Cup
We lost to Desford in extra time in the first round, after taking a 3-0 lead early on. A disappointing early exit but we were happy to take a good side to extra time.

Stokes Cup
We made it to the semi-final where we were trounced by Monsell. Everything that went wrong for us on the day went right for them. Very disappointing and the low point of our season. I think any of us would trade a league result for this one. We got to there the hard way as well - winning in extra time 8-7 v Humbo after being 7-2 down and having to win on penalties against CPR.

Hopefully we'll be playing against some old enemies next season, in either division 3 or 4. Would like to be in the same division as CPR and Carnabys, always close games against those two.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 6:21 pm

Fairfield Dynamo

League...
2nd..... We are pretty please to finsh 2nd actually in our first season as a club, just goes to show all the doubters that we were put in the correct division.... We had some close games and the two games with MDH were very good

County Cup
Champions.... so so happy to pick up a trophy in our first season, we had some tough games on route and the final was just as tough against a good Hugglescote side...

Billy Walton
Semi finals... Defeated Wigston Carbreakers and Advance Couriers both away on route to a tough Semi final defeat against Premier Sports... Have to be happy with that but it still feels so near yet so far...

EW Foster
4th round.... Knocked out by reem team and comfortably beaten, when they got a full side out the were capable of beating anybody

Overall we have to be happy with our first season as a club, cup winners, Semi finalists and 2nd in the league... Heres hoping we can improve next season....
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 11:48 pm

Fosse City

Division 1.
4th - Definitely wasn't expecting to finish as high as we did, and for a long time it looked like we might end up as high as 2nd. Seemed to be no easy games in the league this season, for us anyway. I reckon our performances have been average at best but we still could've picked up a few more points and maybe snook into the top 3.

County Cup.
Round 2 - Knocked out by FC Poplar from Loughborough, a decent team but one we would have expected to beat. Very disappointing, but it saved us another hiding from Azzurri in the next round.

Arthur Moore.
Group stage - Group A was a bit of a joke to be honest, that game against Hoskins and then eventually losing the 2 teams that folded. Should have been in a better position but a disappointing draw with Enderby and poor finishing cost us against Azzurri. We were eventually eliminated by our point deduction for postponing a game against Azzurri, otherwise goal difference would've seen us through.

Billy Walton.
Round 3 - Eventually knocked out by Division 5 champions Monsell, 2-1 after extra time. Was an excellent game to be honest, one we would expect to have won but we really were down to the bare bones due to injures during the game. Credit to Monsell for grinding out the result with Kev Jones scoring both goals, pretty sure he was carrying an injury all game too.

The only highlight for us this season was the 5-0 defeat of Moshdock in the 2nd round of the Billy Walton. We were excellent in the first half hour and then sat back and defended very well too. Probably our best result since beating Trinderbox in the semi final of the Stokes cup 3 seasons ago.

Overall I'd say everyone at Fosse was relieved when the season finally ended. There really were some grim moments that no one should want to see on a football pitch. Saying that there were are also some decent sets of lads, everyones best friends Barca, then Niffy, NRI, Enderby and even Azzurri when things were going their way Razz

It seems possible that we might be put in the Premiership next season, it would be nice to earn the right to play in the top division but if it happens we will definitely give it our best shot. We now have 14 players so would need a couple of quality commited additions to make us competetive. We have a really solid group of mates at the club so there won't be a big influx of players whichever league we are placed in.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2013, 10:27 am

Star & Garter

Premiership
3rd. A poor season from the S&G that went well below the standards that we had set ourselves in the past couple of seasons. Only a couple of times did we string a performance from start to finish. We always either had a poor start or a poor ending and it cost us bags of points which may have seen us challenge for the title. On a couple of occasions we found ourselves 2 down within 15 minutes or we lost 2 goal leads in the final 15 minutes. I think complacency was the root cause of this and this is something that needs putting right next season

County Cup.
Semi Final. It was the county cup which we saved our best performances in. In every round we were excellent. the first round game against FC Hob was a brilliant game of football. The semi final on a waterlogged pitch against a very good Appleby side was a step to far though and after battling to a 2-2 draw at 90 minutes, they eventually overpowered us in extra time.

Arthur Moore.
Group stage - Group C, we lost to Premier Sports and Oscars and stuttered to a win against Royale Barcabullona. All 3 performances were dire.

Billy Walton.
Quarter Final. We should have won this competition but the slow starts that I mentioned above hit us in the QF against Glenfield Town. 2-0 down after 5 minutes and then going down to 10 men cost us dearly.

In the end, Couriers experience and quality overpowered the rest and it's was a reality check for us. A times it was dis-organised. Headlosses were far to frequent.
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2013, 4:47 pm

Niffy 1st Team:

Division 1 :

Managed to scrape together 9 points could have been worse - 1 win against 10 man Barca & our only other win coming against Foxes when both teams picked names out the hat. Simply Out of our depth gave Azzuri a scare in 1st league game losing 5 - 4 & should have beat Enderby when we were 6 - 2 up with 8 minutes left and ended up losing 8 - 6. Some horrendous displays especially against Fosse Away, Foxes Away, Azzuri home & Thurmaston home.

County Cup:

Lost 1st round 2 - 1 in a crackiing match which we should have won, nobody ever enjoys losing but was proud of the boys that day

Arthur Moore:

Out Group Stages - Mullered by NRI, Thurmaston & WCB honestly thought we'd fold in this period of the season ridiculous competition

Billy Walton:

Out 1st round Lost 4 - 2 to NRI put up a fight but some strange officiating that day felt like we were playing 12 men

Overall - Knew we'd struggle when we lost so many players to Aylestone & Trinity respectively - Both myself & Bretty had a spell at managing us this season - Disappointing season but major credit to all the lads who hung in to the end & we now have a committed small squad of 12 that with a few additions & providing the league do the right thing & drop us a couple of leagues would in my opinion be competitive in about Division 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your clubs season review   Your clubs season review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your clubs season review
Page 1 of 1