Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

End of Season Review

Go down 
+6
Jimmyb
spartano1
Widds
NiffyA
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Paulo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

End of Season Review Empty
PostSubject: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 2:54 pm

So now that everything is done and dusted (just about about) how would you rate your season? improved as it went on, slumped at the end? happy/ disappointed? and looking ahead to next season...

Magna Town Football Club

This Season: Fantastic start to the season, winning 9 out of first 10 games, bad patch in the new year really killed confidence and momentum and in the end cost us a shot at the title- however have to be happy with 3rd place. Overall thought Division 4 was very competitve and enjoyed every game. Disappointed to be knocked out of all the cup competitions so earlier, especially after recent successes, hope to put that right next season

Mark: B

Next season: Probably going to be another big re structure with the leagues, 3rd-6th in Division 4 was separated by 1 point showing how close it was, hope to be competitive whereever the league put us..hoping for better cup run this time round!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 4:45 pm

Wigston Rangers

This season: Division 6. Started in pretty sketchy form winning a few cup games and a couple of games come november we slumped dramatically, knocked out of all cups and lost a lot of games. Eventually we found form and finished the season really well, beating second place niffy last game of the season.

Next season: seemed to have found our feet in the alliance league. Would expect us to be challenging for the division 6 title next season. Also hoping to get a good cup run going.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 4:57 pm

Niffy A

Started the season in very good form, beating Hotshots first game and the eventual winners Kilworth third game of the season. We then followed this up with some good cup wins against a div 6 and div 3 opposition, only then to be knocked out by a good Birstall side in the county and Glenfield Town in the Billy Walton - only going down 3-1. Also only narrowly losing 3-1 to NRI in the Stokes.

Continued to impress but not excel during the season - losing silly points hear and there, but winning vital games again against Hotshots and doing the double over a strong AFC Sporting side.

Happy with runners up position for the season although dipped a little in form towards the back end.

Next season hoping to consolidate in Division 5, look to bring 1 or 2 fresh faces in and maybe get a top 3 position.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 5:05 pm

This season - delighted with the way things evolved on and off the pitch. At times we played some awesome football. Struggled early on with numbers, few times we had bare eleven. The lads have put a lot into the season and i think got rewards they deserved. Early on i said i wasn't bothered about the league cup, changed my mind on that, i know we wouldn't win it but would love to play advance, scrappy or bullshead in competitive game. i think our season was opposite to Magna, after our game against them our belief that we would win every game just grew. I think we were behind in quite a few games but our confidence was key. Agree it was very competitive, and met a lot of top lads in this division, big enjoyment factor.

Grade-A+

next season - depends what division we are in, but i think just the one trophy next year!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 5:11 pm

sparta parva

started the season strongly and at one point looked like we could win it, lost first league game against bakers and started going downhill abit from there, highlights of the season beating frolesworth from division 1 and shock of the year beating bullshead in the cup, enjoyed the season for most of it and will probs miss the banter with Nri and managing sunday mornings.

next season: managing saturdays
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 8:29 pm

Fosse City

Very tough start for us after moving up 2 divisions, think we lost 3 of our first 4 or 5 games taking a few pastings in the process, conceding probably half of our goals for the season in that time. Took a more defensive approach for the remainder of the season and ground out some good results as well as being slightly unlucky to draw so many games, which Prevented us from seriously challenging the top 4. Lost just 5 games all season, all to teams who finished above us in 5th which I'm fairly pleased with.

Overall, i think Division 2 was fairly strong, can't remember any easy games. Throops battered us first game of the season and were probably the best team we played.

Pretty disappointed with our results in the cup, after winning at Holmes park last season. Although we were knocked out of all competitions by strong teams in Hoskins, Wolvey and Premier sports in a tight match.

Relatively satisfied overall - B-

Next season I'm hoping if there's not an influx of quality new teams into division 2 (other than probably 2 from division 3) we can push for a top 3 finish, with our main man Dean Morgan back available, and possibly a few signings I don't see why this can't happen. Also like everyone else, another Cup final would be nice.

Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 9:22 am

SPARTA MOSHDOCK

This Season: A highly successful and enjoyable season overall for us. After a great start winning every league game until March and enjoying cup runs, we managed to recover from a couple of defeats to clinch the league with a fantastic win over rivals Perrin.

Enjoyed another appearance at Holmes Park in the County Cup final, although extremely disappointed not to make it the double this season, losing out 3-2 to Wigston Car Breakers.

After some new additions in the summer, we had a strong squad and despite long-term injuries to a few key players, we had a regular core turning up week-in and week-out and this enabled us to put together some fine performances.

Mark: A (would have been cheeky and pushed an A* if we had picked up the double!)

Next Season: We know we are in for a very tough test in the Prem next season. With one or two additions and holding on to key players (plus a couple returning from injury) we hope we can give a good account of ourselves and hope for a mid-table finish.
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 1:28 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Fosse City

Very tough start for us after moving up 2 divisions, think we lost 3 of our first 4 or 5 games taking a few pastings in the process, conceding probably half of our goals for the season in that time. Took a more defensive approach for the remainder of the season and ground out some good results as well as being slightly unlucky to draw so many games, which Prevented us from seriously challenging the top 4. Lost just 5 games all season, all to teams who finished above us in 5th which I'm fairly pleased with.

Overall, i think Division 2 was fairly strong, can't remember any easy games. Throops battered us first game of the season and were probably the best team we played.

Pretty disappointed with our results in the cup, after winning at Holmes park last season. Although we were knocked out of all competitions by strong teams in Hoskins, Wolvey and Premier sports in a tight match.

Relatively satisfied overall - B-

Next season I'm hoping if there's not an influx of quality new teams into division 2 (other than probably 2 from division 3) we can push for a top 3 finish, with our main man Dean Morgan back available, and possibly a few signings I don't see why this can't happen. Also like everyone else, another Cup final would be nice.

Echo those thoughts for us really.

As soon as we got a sweeper in to look after my fast fading 'pace' we were generally a lot stronger.

Can't complain overall, beating Countesthorpe 5-3 at their place when they had a 100% league record was probably the highlight of the season for me.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Superfly FC

With our manager and Sec leaving in Jan our only target was to see out the season without folding!

We succeeded!

Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 3:03 pm

Little Bowden- Div 6

This Season: were just looking at improving on last season's performance and i think we managed that-and surprised quite a few too along the way. had a great run from nov through to feb unbeaten in that time with a couple of surprise wins along the way. hit the self destruct button towards the end and got ourselves in a bit of a rut. finished 6th in the end which i think we as a team would have taken that before the season started.

we were very poor in the cups this year which probably helped our league form? we must have been the only team to play 4 games in 3 cups and lose all 4!!

Next Season: our aim next season is to improve on our finish this year and hopefully put in another title run together. it would be nice to go on a bit of a cup run but we shall see? we have a great bunch of lads together so hopefully we can end next season even better?
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Season Review   End of Season Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of Season Review
Page 1 of 1