Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs Empty
PostSubject: Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs   Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 1:33 pm

Polska have today written to LCC expressing our disappointment at the chain of events surrounding the postponements from yesterday, and the general disadvantage Sunday morning adult football teams now seem to be at with regard to use of pitches and facilities.

As people alluded to yesterday, kids training sessions and matches seemed to be in full swing by the afternoon, and if Council employees don't work at weekends, then they are calling games off way too early in our opinion. What chance have many of us got coping with fixture backlogs if games are being called off 48 hours in advance?

We are also extremely frustrated at the 2 teams that turned up yesterday and played a friendly on our pitch - neither of whom use it during the regular season. Especially disappointing given that for the last 2 weekends, I have spent a fair few hours desperately trying to book neutral pitches so we could have got a game played. I don't necessarily blame the 2 teams in question - they saw an opportunity and took it - but if the council insists on these blanket postponements then the least they can do is enforce them. Saying that, if a group of 30 mates turned up one morning and decided to have a kick about on a 'rested' pitch then what is the difference? Why not just give us the go ahead anyway? I maintain that our pitch was fit on both Saturday and Sunday morning.

Also - does anyone know if there would be any plans to extend the season beyond 1 May? I'm not talking about the usual saga of cricket / football pitch availability - no cricket is played at our end of the park - but the hasty actions of the council over the last 2 weeks has cost many of us 2 weeks of perfectly good opportunity to play football - which we all hope won't materialise later in the season as fixtures on a Wednesday or worse still Friday nights?

Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs   Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

this playing week night games is disadvantage 2 alot of teams that r going for titles and stuff as alot of people work nights shifts got other arrangements sturdee road which is r pitch was in really good condition saturday and sunday this week as people was up there and looked at it yet council deemed it unplayable its mens sunday morning football when will they understand this its us as teams suffer at the end of the season with night games not the council they just sit back and take the money
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs   Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Polska have today written to LCC expressing our disappointment at the chain of events surrounding the postponements from yesterday, and the general disadvantage Sunday morning adult football teams now seem to be at with regard to use of pitches and facilities.

As people alluded to yesterday, kids training sessions and matches seemed to be in full swing by the afternoon, and if Council employees don't work at weekends, then they are calling games off way too early in our opinion. What chance have many of us got coping with fixture backlogs if games are being called off 48 hours in advance?

We are also extremely frustrated at the 2 teams that turned up yesterday and played a friendly on our pitch - neither of whom use it during the regular season. Especially disappointing given that for the last 2 weekends, I have spent a fair few hours desperately trying to book neutral pitches so we could have got a game played. I don't necessarily blame the 2 teams in question - they saw an opportunity and took it - but if the council insists on these blanket postponements then the least they can do is enforce them. Saying that, if a group of 30 mates turned up one morning and decided to have a kick about on a 'rested' pitch then what is the difference? Why not just give us the go ahead anyway? I maintain that our pitch was fit on both Saturday and Sunday morning.

Also - does anyone know if there would be any plans to extend the season beyond 1 May? I'm not talking about the usual saga of cricket / football pitch availability - no cricket is played at our end of the park - but the hasty actions of the council over the last 2 weeks has cost many of us 2 weeks of perfectly good opportunity to play football - which we all hope won't materialise later in the season as fixtures on a Wednesday or worse still Friday nights?

The matter of Leicester City Council extending the seasonal availabiity of pitches within their jurisdiction is an issue which James is addressing directly with the authority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs   Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leicester City Council & Fixture Backlogs
Page 1 of 1