Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Monsell WMC

Go down 
+17
Pretty Boy
whiteeagles
Pukka
Hairy Hebrew!
Jimmyb
dezza
rocket ledge
Bucko
the goalie
Gifford
LINEKER
Sparta3
FC POCHIN
Polska legend II
Widds
talbotkeeper
monsellwmc
21 posters
AuthorMessage
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 7:35 pm

Basically i just want to have a little moan. Lol
Ive noticed on this forum that there are a lot of teams that think we (monsell wmc) are pot hunters.
This is ridiculous and quite upsetting to our team as we are chuffed to be having a great season so far only to be put down by other teams saying we are in division 5 for the glory. Pot hunters we are deffinately not!
Only 2 of our players have played in the alliance league so we had no idea of the standard in each division. So we were placed in division 5 based on our performances from last season, where we finished 3rd in the leicester sunday league division 3. Which i believe is of the same standard as the Alliance league division 5.
Since then we have signed 3 new players. 1 hasnt kicked a ball for 2 years, 1 from LFE of division 7 last season and a bit part player from huncote last season.
We do not have any senior league or higher division district players in our side and we only have 1 player that has played any higher than the division we are in.
I think its dissapointing that we are branded as pot hunters although LDA spartans are top of our division and beat us quite easily, yet they are said to be having a fantastic season and we are the pot hunters. I'm not saying that LDA are pot hunters themselves, i believe that they, as we are, division 5 quality teams who are having a great season.
Yes, some of our results do look like hammerings, but without taking any credit away from our players, we have been lucky in that we beat wigston rangers, wigston united and hat and beaver with double figures, when they were all at their worst and struggling to field a team.
Other than those results, we lost to LDA, we were very lucky to win 3,2 at home to leicester bharat talbot, and we battled our way to wins in all the other games, no game as been easy.
If you ask any team that we have played this season and they will tell you that we were either lucky, played well or they played poorly. They will not say that we are pot hunters.
So please dont take away the fact that we are having a fine start to the season by assuming we entered the division for trophys. And please assume that we are a division 5 standard team that are pushing for promotion.
Ive had my moan now lol.
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 8:34 pm

i don;t think monsell are pot hunters there are a good side with about 2-3 stand out players and yes io think u was lucky to beat us 3-2 but that football as lda proved monsell are beatable think most team go there as if they have lost of because what others have said
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

It happens mate, we got it in the neck when we first started, but not much you can do, you just carry on, make friends along the way and make sure you dont jack it in after the first season...

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

some advice monsell: ignore them!

you can only beat what is in front of you and enjoy your success whilst you can because a lot can change in this game in a short space of time.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

i must admit before the season started i thought monsell would be pothunters
but there not,they are a set of lads who put the effort in to every game and play for each other
they haven't got any superstars but they are all decent players,and putting the work in for 90 minutes will win you a lot
of games in this division
much the same as lda who have added 2/3 players of decent quality from last season but it,s their work ethic that's got
them to the top of the division
so both sides deserve to be where they are for the effort they have put in
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 9:25 am

To be fair to Monsell, I don't think they did anything underhand when applying to join the Alliance. Smashing teams every other week when the rest of us only win by the odd goal or two has perhaps worked against them when looking from the outside, that's all.

They are by no means unbeatable and are a good bunch of lads who are willing to work hard. There wasn't too much arrogance when we played them, which you would normally expect from pot hunters. There are twists and turns to come yet. I'd say Talbot are the ones who will have the biggest influence on the eventual champions and keep an eye out for Clarendon Park Rangers.

For the record, some might say that division 4 is now more like our old division 5, with the adjustments that were made in the summer. And we only signed one new player from last season Wink
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

You beat us (CPR) first game of the season 8-1 I think, you seemed a decent outfit to be honest and even though we were missing quite a few players I still thought you would be right up there. We havent played LDA yet so cant comment on them but I dont think your pot hunting, I think you will do well to win a trophy this year.

All the best to you lads
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

Sparta3 wrote:
To be fair to Monsell, I don't think they did anything underhand when applying to join the Alliance. Smashing teams every other week when the rest of us only win by the odd goal or two has perhaps worked against them when looking from the outside, that's all.

They are by no means unbeatable and are a good bunch of lads who are willing to work hard. There wasn't too much arrogance when we played them, which you would normally expect from pot hunters. There are twists and turns to come yet. I'd say Talbot are the ones who will have the biggest influence on the eventual champions and keep an eye out for Clarendon Park Rangers.

For the record, some might say that division 4 is now more like our old division 5, with the adjustments that were made in the summer. And we only signed one new player from last season Wink

yeah but he's like 3 Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Deep breaths any team that hammers a team gets that label we had it last year for starting in div 7 but we were only the 3rd highest scoring team in the league people love to throw it at half decent teams deep breaths mate loool
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

Gifford wrote:
Deep breaths any team that hammers a team gets that label we had it last year for starting in div 7 but we were only the 3rd highest scoring team in the league people love to throw it at half decent teams deep breaths mate loool

High scoring makes no difference if you still fail to win Wink
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:34 am

Go kill yourself hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Also to he fair I know a couple of the monsel lads they are good lads but they knew they had the league in the bag before the season started lol
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 1:38 pm

listen last season we got slaughtered on here ,people were looking at our results hoping we lost . bit of advise keep your team spirit and just ignore the haters and keep playing and enjoying it , cos believe me it gets alot harder .

and you will get your rewards as the best team always wins in the end

and got to say think 5 is a lot weaker this year than last, as all the bottom teams from seasons before seem to be doing ok and in top half of league. just my opinion

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 2:10 pm

the goalie wrote:
listen last season we got slaughtered on here ,people were looking at our results hoping we lost . bit of advise keep your team spirit and just ignore the haters and keep playing and enjoying it , cos believe me it gets alot harder .

and got to say think 5 is a lot weaker this year than last, as all the bottom teams from seasons before seem to be doing ok and in top half of league. just my opinion

practically the top half of the league was promoted. The new teams this year appear to have been better placed, i.e. none of them too far below where the should have been like GHW & St Marks last year.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

Sparta3 wrote:

Div 4 this season is shocking, div 5 last year was alot stronger
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
the goalie wrote:

practically the top half of the league was promoted. The new teams this year appear to have been better placed, i.e. none of them too far below where the should have been like GHW & St Marks last year.

You saying st marks and ghw shudnt have been in 5 last season??
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

the goalie wrote:

and division 5 was much stronger the year before you won it
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 4:28 pm

saffron lounge bar will retain the county vase next season from the sunday league

REAL POT HUNTERS
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Dezza know you are after his players?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Widds wrote:
Dezza know you are after his players?

What players?
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
the goalie wrote:

and division 5 was much stronger the year before you won it

so if every year it gets easier is that a reflection on league or standard of teams and should league look into that issue of promoting half a league upwards
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:49 pm

This thread will go crazy when Monsell knock us out the Billy Walton.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 6:32 pm

All this talk about pot hunters and HellBoy is very quiet! Or maybe he is on holiday...... Razz
Back to top Go down
Pukka

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

[/quote]

practically the top half of the league was promoted. The new teams this year appear to have been better placed, i.e. none of them too far below where the should have been like GHW & St Marks last year. [/quote]

Sparta i read alot of your views on the website and tend to agree with them alot of the time. But I dont understand this one? Ghw finished 3rd behind Kajima, yet u dont mention them? We failed to beat or even score a league goal against harrow who without their point deduction would have finished 1pt behind us. We lost to yourselves and cpr. Dont sound like a team who were cruising in the lower leagues? I found Div.5 was a really competitive enjoyable season last year even though we didnt win anything.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

best most competitive division in the whole alliance last year
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

Bucko wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

Div 4 this season is shocking, div 5 last year was alot stronger
And Division 6 is comfortably stronger this season than it was last (except with the exception of NPE and Hotshots who were miles ahead and doing well in Div 4 now). Teams in our division have beaten higher placed teams this season.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 12:56 am

the goalie wrote:

totaly agree mate loved it last year even tho we came 4th
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 6:19 pm

Thanks for all the comments... Really enjoying our first year in the alliance league, sure it will get more difficult as the back end of the season comes in.
League and a cup double would be really nice, but to be honest, before the season started, i would have settled for a top 3 finnish..
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 6:33 pm

Pot hunters...same as every monsell team ive ever seen
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 7:17 pm

your entitled to your opinion 'Pretty Boy'... But in all honestly, your the only person that seems to think so....
Have you even seen us play?
Back to top Go down
Stevie Gerrard

Stevie Gerrard

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 8:12 pm

Pretty boys right I think we got a team of pot hunters on our hands
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

the goalie wrote:

Definitely agree with the above comment, we were unfortunate to not finish 2nd after our usual points deductions cost us (again, lol), great battles against St Marks, GHW and Kajima, thought we were deffo on a par with these teams although St Marks were more consistent throughout the season, LDA were spanked a few times last season and are top this time round so unless some major signings at LDA then it does suggest a poorer division.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

pothunters
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 7:06 pm

Bum scabs.
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 7:09 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
diddly dum

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

From what I have seen LDA are a much stronger team this year than last, and only finished where they did after barely winning a game in the second half of the season last year. Also from what I am aware LBT are a considerably better outfit than last year when they got relegated from division 4. So I would say all in all I do not believe division 5 is a poorer standard than last year at the top half anyway!
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 05 Feb 2013, 10:02 am

Boring hell
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitimeTue 05 Feb 2013, 3:18 pm

Pukka wrote:
Sparta i read alot of your views on the website and tend to agree with them alot of the time. But I dont understand this one? Ghw finished 3rd behind Kajima, yet u dont mention them? We failed to beat or even score a league goal against harrow who without their point deduction would have finished 1pt behind us. We lost to yourselves and cpr. Dont sound like a team who were cruising in the lower leagues? I found Div.5 was a really competitive enjoyable season last year even though we didnt win anything.

(late reply but I forgot all about it)

Kajima are hardly worth mentioning now that they are not around. I would say that they over-achieved, in any case.

GHW folded during the previous season (under the name West End United) whilst doing OK in division 4. From memory, they were a few goals away from a league/cup double so to imply that they were also-rans is not correct.

Harrow were not a new side to the division.

To say that a division is competitive just because the top 4/5 were fairly evenly matched is wrong. What about the other 5/6/7 teams? Do they not matter?

Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable division but it was not an even one, and the new teams tipped the balance in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monsell WMC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monsell WMC   Monsell WMC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monsell WMC
Page 1 of 1