Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December

Go down 
+12
Beef
Paulo
Capello
mowmacre fc
Footy mad
hotshot66
Hellboy
Widds
Sparta3
Polingtons
johnmeode
Gordon
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Empty
PostSubject: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

santa Here's hoping there is something to report - for this week the Results and Banter threads have been merged santa

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 9:38 am

Fairfield dynamo v wigston carbreakers OFF

waterlogged pitch - referee Brian Morrell called it...
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

Hotshots 12 - 2 thurmaston res

Joe tuckwood 2

5 nil dwn after 20 mins killed us, take nothing away from hotshots best team weve played this year, #25 in the middle ran the game
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

LDa 5 - 2 QPR

Downing 2
Smith
J. Gregory
Challinor
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

NRI beat niffy 6-3

their pitch was flooded so we borrowed advances pitch! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

You may be hearing more about that - as the Advance game had been postponed earlier in the morning
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

Seaton 4 FC Tumar 1
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

Horse 4 Webbys Wanderers 5
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

Thurmaston 5 polska 2
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

Gordon wrote:
You may be hearing more about that - as the Advance game had been postponed earlier in the morning

That does seem rather peculiar.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

Gordon wrote:

Top marks to oily and webbys for getting the game to go ahead, well done.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

hotshots 12 - 2 thurmaston

cam star-moore 7
will arnold 3
clint martin 2

was a bit worried when we all turned up this morning, not 1 person looked like they hadnt had a skinful the night before, we decided to just play our game and enjoy it. first half was simply awesome all over the pitch, we were 7 or 8-0 up at HT which killed the game, second half we took our foot off the gas, let 2 in that could/should have been stopped but we scored a few more to make it more comfortable. fair play to thurmaston, they kept going til the end and heads never dropped, look forward to replaying the return fixture.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Hotshots 12 - 2 thurmaston res

Joe tuckwood 2

5 nil dwn after 20 mins killed us, take nothing away from hotshots best team weve played this year, #25 in the middle ran the game

thanks mate, 25 was will arnold, been quality all season for us. you will do well this season, seem to have picked up a couple of useful players since we played you last
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

County cup
Sunday trophy
Desford Athletic 2
Clarendon park Rangers 1

Desford Scorers:
Ash Moore Haines ( 35 yard screamer)
James Costello.
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:59 pm

County cup
Sunday trophy
Desford Athletic 2
Clarendon park Rangers 1

Desford Scorers:
Ash Moore Haines ( 35 yard screamer)
James Costello.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

I think that result shouldn't stand and the referee should be banned !!!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

Magna Town 2012 v Reem Team anybody - to complete the results?
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

Magna 6. 4 reem
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm

fc azzurri wrote:
Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

I think that result shouldn't stand and the referee should be banned !!!

you have changed since you moved to azzuri!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

Capello wrote:
Magna 6. 4 reem

Thanks for nothing.

Why even bother to post and waste time - you just create extra work

it was actaully Magna town 2012 4 Reem Team 5

Last edited by Gordon on Sun 23 Dec 2012, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 3:08 pm

I heard 5.3 Reem....?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Beef

Beef

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 3:10 pm

Gordon wrote:
Capello wrote:
Magna 6. 4 reem

Thanks

Reem won 5-4. I did send the result in.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

Confirmed - Reem Team 5 Magna 4
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 3:40 pm

Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

It was 6-4
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 3:45 pm

Gordon wrote:
Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

It was 6-4

correct! my bad!
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 8:50 pm

Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

Seaton's pitch we played on today was in a much worse state than niffy's!!

A real bog, I think it's fair to say that pitch is defo ruined for a while!

Highlight of the game was after the full time whistle as went to shake the refs hand he said " I wouldn't of liked to play on this pitch today"!!

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 9:54 pm

Ruby Murry wrote:
Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

Highlight of the game was after the full time whistle as went to shake the refs hand he said " I wouldn't of liked to play on this pitch today"!!

Haha we commented on that pitch, they did well to get a game played. I remember as a kid playing in worse and seeing pro football in worse!
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 11:53 pm

Ruby Murry wrote:
Widds wrote:
NRI beat niffy 6-3

I was due to assist on the Marks v Hat & Beaver Walton game today, but it was cancelled first thing. So I dusted down the old gloves and played in this game.

Firstly, thanks to a combination if NRI & Tunar for providing me with a kit to wear, I'm not sure playing in skins would have been advisable!

As for the game, well the pitch didn't help flowing football, but I thought it was a good honest game.

We took an early lead for a great but of individual skill, only to be pegged back immediately with a good header. The rest if the half brought some interesting moments for myself, the 2 that stand out are, 1) trying to play it safe and tip the ball over rather than catch, only to get to much on it, the ball to loop up and over me and luckily save a red face by hitting the bar, 2) but probably much more than that, catching their forward for what I think was a stonewall penalty, only to see it not given.

If it had, it may have changed the game, as it was, half time 1-1, with limited chances around.

Second half, well we broke and score a second. I think credit to the Tumar linesman on this one, I'm still not sure who played our lad on, but he was adamant he was. Not very often you get such sportsmanship. Especially when arguing with his own players.

Then the game / pitch got very scrappy, with nothing really happening. A third for us killed Tumar off, and the only other real event was a comical fourth before the ref got funny about the restart, despite knowing he was going to blow right away.

After a while on the sidelines, it was an experience to come back in on that pitch especially, but credit to the Tunar lads, they are a decent bunch!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

Hellboy wrote:
Gordon wrote:

Top marks to oily and webbys for getting the game to go ahead, well done.

Surprised there were no more games on Knighton Park today except ours. Pitch wasn't ideal but I've played on much worse.

Bizarre game, we went 4-1 up after about 20 minutes, then Webbys went 5-4 up by about 30 minutes. We were then expecting some crazy 10-9 scoreline, and it actually finished 5-4! Both teams with managers in goal probably contributed to the early goalfest. Good game played in the right spirit and no agro. I think it's also worth a mention for the ref. A young lad, don't know his name, think he was reassigned late on, but thought he did a good job. Don't see many young refs but he seemed to want to do things in the right way and he should do well in the future if he progresses. Credit where credit's due.

And sorry to Oily for charging you down for our first goal, but I'd blame it on your defender's backpass if I were you!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 9:46 am

Ref was Sam Wesson I believe
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 10:17 am

Forgot to mention, Clive Bruce was at our pitch before 9am for an inspection. Top marks!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012, 10:29 am

He wont be available he's playing santa-claus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December   Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results and Banter - Sunday 23 December
Page 1 of 1