Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Postponements - 9th December

Go down 
+20
scottyh
Plough new boy
dan_mitchell_WRFC
michael
CSKA17
LK_United
Hellboy
Widds
lbennett86
GazLCFC
mowmacre fc
man in black
Pete Mourinho
dezza
Paulo
karljackoLKS
Fccol
Gordon
hotshot66
The Fixture Secretary
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Postponements - 9th December  Empty
PostSubject: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Leicester City Council have today decided that some pitches are not playable and this means the following games are off;

Arthur Moore Cup– Group Stages
Group A

FC Hoskins V FC Azzurri

Premiership

GT V Oscars

Division 5

Clarendon Park Rangers V Niffy Rangers Reserves

Division 6

Leicester Klub Sportowy V Global Athletic

Division 7

FC City of Leicester V The Plough, Wigston

Please note that ALL other council games are on and I have NOT received any other notification that any other council games are off. This means all other council games will be subject to a pitch inspection on Sunday morning!!

Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 9:16 pm

our game at cort cresent tomorrow has been called off by the council so guessing any sundays teams playing there will have the same problem
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 9:54 pm

That has not been included in our list of postponements, so we will await the referee's decision on Sunday. I believe Leicester City Council have considered individual pitches rather than the whole site.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeFri 07 Dec 2012, 11:12 pm

Do we know why ours was called off? Weather was awful last week but our pitch was ok and this weekend its suppose to be better and yet it off?
Back to top Go down
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 8:28 am

very annoyed our game is off, the pitch was checked yesterday and is fine, and we have not played global athletic yet so we can play at there ground if its available!!

and hotshots, i live about 30 seconds away from the pitches on cort crescent, infact ive just got in from walking my dog round them, 1 pitch has a puddle on it, the rest are fine!! very frustrating!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 8:45 am

We checked cpr pitch last week at Vicky park and it looked in good condition, compared to ours anyway!! All seems very strange
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 8:48 am

The weather is absolutely fine ! Don't understand why the council are doing this
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:03 am

Not sure if this is the case or not but the council will need to consider the pitches for the rest of the season and may be being over protective to make sure the pitches are playable for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:06 am

If they are being that protective though they are going to cause a major fixture backlog as the weather is only going to get worse! So they need to be prepared to extend the season to accommodate the fixture they have postponed
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:11 am

one of the biggest problems with council pitches is the amount of work it takes to get the pitch repaired for the next week, when more than likely another team will need it,,,,,my feelings are it goes down to manpower, time, and not if the pitch is playable this weekend ,, remember the pitches have to marked more often in this weather as well..
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:13 am

Hoskins have played for the last 3 works though have they cos the council have called it off, surely the council could har got round to it in 3 weeks?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

not saying I agree with it Dezza,,,but they have always done the same,,its cheaper to protect the pitch than repair

preventative maintenance I think its called Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

I am sure the points which you quite rightly raise.will be taken up by yourselves and James with Sport on Parks for Leicester City Council.

Remember the League has no part in their decision to declare individual pitches or sites unplayable. I am sure that James is equally frustrated as he has to rearrange all of the postponed fixtures.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:17 am

Oh we'll we had a lot of players this week anyway so no game is a good thing really come to think of it haha bonus
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

Yeah not blaming the league one bit Gordon I know it's not you guys! Feel sorry for James
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:02 am

Your joking our pitch is playable. Joke council jokers
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:06 am

Big problems will accour last year council took goals down now we ain't gunna get a game till new year. So we've got billy Walton .4games in silly Arthur Moore. And all league games to play before they take goals down which I believe will be first week on april
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:14 am

karljackoLKS wrote:
very annoyed our game is off, the pitch was checked yesterday and is fine, and we have not played global athletic yet so we can play at there ground if its available!!

and hotshots, i live about 30 seconds away from the pitches on cort crescent, infact ive just got in from walking my dog round them, 1 pitch has a puddle on it, the rest are fine!! very frustrating!!

Global pitch isn't available, we were supposed to play Hat & Beaver at home but the team we share with (Friar Lane u15's) have a County Cup Match.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:39 am

hotshot66 wrote:
our game at cort cresent tomorrow has been called off by the council so guessing any sundays teams playing there will have the same problem

is this the lbt county cup game?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:50 am

anyone know about winstanley and if that's playable?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

karljackoLKS wrote:

I think theres a lot of dog sh!t on there, the puddle could be good news for hotshots, at least they've got somewhere to go for a dabble.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:35 pm

Theres lots of games called off today as well, because the grounds are too wet to play footy on. Get real ffs!
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

Widds wrote:
anyone know about winstanley and if that's playable?

So far it is yeah.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

shame, cheers
Back to top Go down
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm

GazLCFC wrote:
karljackoLKS wrote:

Global pitch isn't available, we were supposed to play Hat & Beaver at home but the team we share with (Friar Lane u15's) have a County Cup Match.

ah! i see, never mind, i see you play at friar lane and epworth, looking forward to that game, a few of our lads played for a team a few year ago and they let us use there pitch for cup games, im looking forward to having another game on it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 5:08 pm

karljackoLKS wrote:
GazLCFC wrote:
karljackoLKS wrote:

ah! i see, never mind, i see you play at friar lane and epworth, looking forward to that game, a few of our lads played for a team a few year ago and they let us use there pitch for cup games, im looking forward to having another game on it!!

Its a pretty poor pitch IMO, certainly was last year when we played global
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
karljackoLKS wrote:
GazLCFC wrote:
karljackoLKS wrote:

Its a pretty poor pitch IMO, certainly was last year when we played global

It isn't great but it's big and allows more of an open game than on a small council/school pitch. Also nice to have changing rooms to use at half time in wet weather. Seating for the hoards of fans as well.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 6:18 pm

Any news on Hotshots vs Talbot? On or off?
Back to top Go down
michael

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

as far i know liam game still on meet home ground 915
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

A postponement - Walton Cup - St Marks v Hat & Beaver
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 7:22 pm

lbennett86 wrote:
Any news on Hotshots vs Talbot? On or off?

dont see why it wont be on unless the temps dive tonight
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

lbennett86 wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:

is this the lbt county cup game?

no, unless its being played on a saturday ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

Another postponement - Moore Cup - Thurmaston WMP 2009 v Wigston Car Breakers - Parish Council decision
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 8:01 pm

With the way things are going with council involvement it might have been better to just have a winter break. I can't see many games getting played between now and mid january.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 12:56 am

Shocking plough only played 6 games ANd I'm getting dragged round ikea every Sunday. Think I'm joining a Sunday morning pool team
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

surely now the league and council have 2 look at getting the seasons started in august not ctober when weather is ok and less wednesdays and fridays at end of season which is not fair on most teams especially when alot of people work away or nights
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

this always gets brought up, but end of the day pitch availability is the problem. Cricket season the biggest problem
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

start middle of august then ul debate anything anyway widds cause thats wat ur like its stupid that we should all have 2 field sides on wednesdays and fridays thats not at full strenght especially for teams going for titles or cup finals etc
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 3:31 pm

Find a better pitch if its that much of a problem.Simples.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

scottyh wrote:
start middle of august then ul debate anything anyway widds cause thats wat ur like its stupid that we should all have 2 field sides on wednesdays and fridays thats not at full strenght especially for teams going for titles or cup finals etc

our pitch wasn't available until last week of august, we played three days after the cricket finished. Not debating anything with you, telling you facts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postponements - 9th December    Postponements - 9th December  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postponements - 9th December
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next