Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Signing Players From a Resigned Club

Go down 
+5
Hellboy
Skeems
Web_Manager
Widds
spartamoshdock
9 posters
AuthorMessage
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Signing Players From a Resigned Club Empty
PostSubject: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

Does anyone know the rule on cups with regards to players who have played for a team that have recently folded?

Can they play in cups they've already played in because the team don't exist anymore? Or do they remain cup tied?

If they would be cup tied, how would we go about finding out whether they played or not, if the player can't remember?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

they would remain cup tied mate, 100 percent.

speak to Gordon to find out if they played or not.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

Ok mate. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

Widds not to correct you, but it's Morley you need, Gordon will merely point you in his direction!

But you are correct that any player who has played in a cup will remain cup tied from that competition regardless of if team has resigned or not.

For this purpose, all league cups (Arthur Moore, EW Foster, Stokes) count as same cup, the Billy Walton is it's own separate cup, and all county cups (Prem, Intermeidiate, Shield, Trophy, Vase) count as one
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

Great...thanks!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

I hate to p**s on your chips, but I don't expect Tyers and Cartwright to be available anytime soon as Magna are planning to pile a load of debt onto them and suspend them. It's only what they owe.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 9:47 am

Its the christmas festive season, write it off.
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

The only debt that players can be subsequently suspended for, is for any fines outstanding.

This can include Red, Yellow cards and any league discipline fines (such as postponement, resignation etc).

I'm pretty sure that any outstanding subs that they owe the club is a private matter, I.e if they don't clear them, then the County FA will not get involved and suspend them.

Also in the case of cards, these can only be currently outstanding. If the club have paid for them in the past, then it also becomes a private matter (or I'm pretty certain it does).

So when you say they plan to heap them with a load of debt, I think in Magna's case, this can only be their proportion of the £250 and any cards they have outstanding.

Which given Magna must have at least 20 signed on, will not actually be a great deal (£10-£20).

Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:04 am

Don't make it too hard, they need them for 23rd Dec when they have to play....... Oh I see what you're doing Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

CSKA17 wrote:
Don't make it too hard, they need them for 23rd Dec when they have to play....... Oh I see what you're doing Wink

oh its all so devious
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:34 am

The Magna 73 debt is £12 per player.

Other costs that Magna 73 have added on to the players are unpaid signing on fees and subs. There is also unpaid bookings which the players owe the club.

I can not state on a public forum how much Cartwright and Tyers owe but its significant.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:37 am

Widds wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

oh its all so devious

This is how certain teams win things.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:42 am

I merely state, I do not think that rules wise, that you can add on Signing on Fees and outstanding subs.

If the player clears the £12 and any current outstanding sending off / cautions. Then he will be eligible to play.

I don't think the authorities will suspend anyone for any other reasons.

The league will invoice the £12, and the County will invoice the current discipline. Who are you saying will invoice the subs & signing on fees?

Unless these players have a contract with the club, and the club provide this to the FA then this debts will be between whoever paid them and the players as a civil matter.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

I spoke directly to the County FA about a player who owed our club money. Admitedly there was a yellow card in there which is why they agreed to look at it, but that was only £8 worth of the debt. They suspended him at the end of a season to prevent him from signing on to anyone else. Worth asking the question. Safe to say he paid up and continued playing the following year

I have a real issue with clubs HAVING to pay adult players fines, but then the CFA not helping when the player doesn't pay the club back. It only takes a few yellow cards for a club to be out £50, but as the fines might be split £10 each to 5 players, there is nothing stopping them signing on for another club the following season, or the club being further in debt if having to fold. I personally think the CFA should help clubs with any player debt, no matter how small
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:48 am

S&G Sec wrote:

Other costs that Magna 73 have added on to the players are unpaid signing on fees and subs. There is also unpaid bookings which the players owe the club.

I can not state on a public forum how much Cartwright and Tyers owe but its significant.

You tell em Katie!!!!!!

If Cartwright and Tyers didnt want the club to fold, then how come they didnt pay their fees and subs, clubs dont run on fresh air, take the money up front, no excuses, if you are serious about playing you should always be happy to pay your way, anyone who says they cant afford it, drop them like a brick, and dont say if they're good players you dont mind them missing the odd week, then its the clubs fault for being so weak, if you get away with it once, you'll do it again, and unfortunately these are the sort of people that perhaps folded magna 73 and got them in to trouble, so much for being a good player?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:52 am

Hellboy wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:

You tell em Katie!!!!!!

If Cartwright and Tyers didnt want the club to fold, then how come they didnt pay their fees and subs, clubs dont run on fresh air, take the money up front, no excuses, if you are serious about playing you should always be happy to pay your way, anyone who says they cant afford it, drop them like a brick, and dont say if they're good players you dont mind them missing the odd week, then its the clubs fault for being so weak, if you get away with it once, you'll do it again, and unfortunately these are the sort of people that perhaps folded magna 73 and got them in to trouble, so much for being a good player?
Now who's telling them?!?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:54 am

There maybe a lot I think is wrong with the system, but that is the system as it stands.

So although I think Magna will feel hard done by, unless either of the named players offer to clear the fines outstanding to the club out of the goodness of their hearts, then there is nothing they can do that's within the rules.

Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

Chris broke down how the club can suspend a player for debts such as subs & signing on fees but it seems a very long winded process.
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

If the club then good on them, it's only what the players deserve.

But I just wasn't aware that a club could take such action, I would be interested to hear how he has managed this. If he did publish this, then I'm sure it will only help other clubs in the future.

Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 6:42 pm

As far as we know, the players have been told that they need to pay their £12 and then they are ok to sign.

We will have to look into. We don't have a game this weekend and County Cup the week after, in which I don't think they can play anyway...so we've got time.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

if a club is owed subs by a player then the club must send the player a letter demanding ,money. if the player refuses, the club can refer it to the county fa within a 42 day period and the county will then have the power to place this player on the suspension list
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 12:44 am

Mark - how does the club prove how much a player is owes,

I.e in this instance. Magna are demanding a signing on fee & subs, but the player could surely state that he has paid some (if not all) of this money.

I'm not sure which side on the fence it falls. But to suspend someone, I would suggest it was for the club to prove he hasn't paid, rather than the player to prove he has.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 9:05 am

most clubs keep records, and if a club does this regularly and for each player it is often deemed correct because of the nature of the costs and the fact that you would reasonably expect each player to make a weekly contribution. i get our players to sign each week they have paid - if you don't sign, you didn't pay.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 9:44 am

I'm going to use my contacts in this situation.

Basically if Lee Tyers goes to Moshdock he will be suspended by Magna 73 for unpaid subs, however if he joins Star & Garter he won't have to pay those subs Razz

You can have Cartwright

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 9:54 am

Double standards by committee members yet again. Embarassed tongue
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 10:22 am

Couldn't care less, its dog eat dog in the quest for that Premiership title jocolor
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 10:25 am

S&G Sec wrote:
I'm going to use my contacts in this situation.

Basically if Lee Tyers goes to Moshdock he will be suspended by Magna 73 for unpaid subs, however if he joins Star & Garter he won't have to pay those subs Razz

You can have Cartwright

Nobody will be going anywhere until their share of the Magna 73 Rangers club debt to the League is paid
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

I was on about the debts he owes Magna and not the league!!

Obviously every player will have to pay the league there share of the debt before they are available, that can not be avoided and I have no influence on that whatsoever!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

S&G Sec wrote:
Couldn't care less, its dog eat dog in the quest for that Premiership title... you swine

alien
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 11:07 am

Gordon wrote:
Nobody will be going anywhere until their share of the Magna 73 Rangers club debt to the League is paid

You tell em Gord, these wiff waffers dont know how good they've got it, i like your style, straight between the eyes and no messing, caviar and champs for the xmas party this year.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012, 12:31 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Gordon wrote:

You tell em Gord, these wiff waffers dont know how good they've got it, i like your style, straight between the eyes and no messing, caviar and champs for the xmas party this year.

You are in fine form today Mr H...some very funny posts today....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signing Players From a Resigned Club   Signing Players From a Resigned Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signing Players From a Resigned Club
Page 1 of 1