Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Huncote Sunday FC

Go down 
+9
Paulo
Fishandchips
sean callaghan
mowmacre fc
whiteeagles
Widds
NiffyA
spartamoshdock
Pete Mourinho
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

As many of you are already aware, it is with regret that I have to formally confirm that Huncote (Sunday) Reserves have resigned from the Alliance Sunday League Division Five with immediate effect.

This was neither an easy decision nor one that was taken lightly, however, in light of the problems that we have encountered as a club so far this season this was the only viable option that we could take to ensure that we continued to move forward.

From pre-season as a first team we have struggled to get a consistency both on and off the pitch, three managers nine games tells its own story.Availability of players has been a big a problem as I remember.  This came to a head when last Sunday’s fixture only 6 players were available. 

At the same time the very inexperienced  reserve side were making great strides in the right direction, scoring goals was never a problem but after lots of hard work from the whole squad they really were starting to look and feel like a real team, they had carried on the Huncote way!! Not a single one of the players from the reserve side deserve to see their efforts so far go to waste and therefore as a club we came together on Monday to try and find a solution.  Every member of the club was asked to reveal their level of commitment for the rest of the season the reserves managed 15 who would commit to each week the first team just managed eight. 

This left us with no option to fold the side, if league rules would have allowed the first team would have folded and the reserves could have carried on, however, this is not possible. 

I am very saddened by this development and want to apologise to the teams in division five that as we were unable to see the season out.  However, having over the past 13 years been a part of this club (as LM United, Bakers Arms and Huncote Sunday)  I wasn’t going to let all my hard work and that of a few others go to waste and risk losing both sides.

It goes without saying that the rest of the season will be about consolidating and enjoying our football again.  Those lads that are left deserve the chance to play football. With the manager and secretary from the reserve side both stepping up and taking up these roles with the club I am sure that we are in safe hands. 

I will step down with immediate effect from doing both of these roles.  I will still be involved as much as I need to but I might just get my life back as I won’t be spending all week worrying about how we are going to get a side out at the weekend.Thanks to everyone for their support and hopefully we can return to the good times that Huncote have endured in past seasons.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:03 pm

A massive shame, but as usual, done in a fantastic way and very humble.

Good luck to you, all your hard work and commitment has kept the club going for a long time, so lets hope you don't go too far!
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

This is sad news, not just cos we lose points just cos I genuinely enjoy playing against both sides. I'm glad the 1st team will continue and am sure we will play again in the future. We know how difficult things can be and have been close to this decision many times.

We wish you all the best!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

gutted at this. i know Pete and he is one of lifes good guys. Very disappointed that Huncote as it was is no longer, had some great matches with them and Magna, big losses. hope the reincarnation of the club carries on the tradition
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

This is a real shame. Best of luck to all who are continuing!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:40 pm

sorry to hear i can honestly say i know excatly what happens when a ressis are formed on a sunday and the team that are better off have to fold good luck to the 1 team now and hope u pick up and crack on all the best
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

yes it is a big shame but i think a lot knew it was coming with the talk recently all the best to those sticking with them to fight out div 2 it will be intresting playing them now for me.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 8:53 am

Shame to hear and good luck to the ressies stepping up
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

Shame to officially be announced a lot of hard working people behind the scenes...good luck to the remaining lads!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

Thanks for all the kind words
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 7:26 pm

Sad to hear from all at the Royal Oak. Will degsy be making the step up? As I no he gets a nose bleed if he's too high?!?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

Yes mate degsy and all the players that made up the reserve side will carry on
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

sorry this has happened,never nice to see a team fold.
was looking forward to playing you as we have never played huncote before,also the lads were looking forward to
playing against ash
best of luck in div 2
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2012, 11:40 am

horrible situation to be in and wish Pete and all the lads all the best.
Back to top Go down
Didierdegs

Didierdegs

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Sad to hear from all at the Royal Oak. Will degsy be making the step up? As I no he gets a nose bleed if he's too high?!?

Haha! Have u graced the alliance yet this season kevin?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 2:19 pm

Didierdegs wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

How are ya lad???? Sadly not Kevlarrrr! The more attractive sibling here! You just watch those nose bleeds pal!!! :p
Back to top Go down
Didierdegs

Didierdegs

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

[quote="Hairy Hebrew!"]
Didierdegs wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

How are ya lad???? Sadly not Kevlarrrr! The more attractive sibling here! You just watch those nose bleeds pal!!! :p [/quote

Haha cheers eggy Smile x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huncote Sunday FC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huncote Sunday FC   Huncote Sunday FC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huncote Sunday FC
Page 1 of 1