Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Remembrance Sunday

Go down 
+12
Kilworthsunday
rocket ledge
NiffyA
sol sol bamba
Dodgy
BUSFC Zack
Widds
man in black
Skeems
thecat2
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:17 am

One Minutes silence should be observed before all Alliance games next Sunday, 11th.

Last edited by Aussie Owl on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

The news is Clive Dunn died today aged 92, star of dads army, gave us all a lot of laughs.
Back to top Go down
thecat2

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

Think you'll find that was yesterday, though I do see the connection
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

Outstanding county cup games are kicking off at 11:02, I know this may be a little to late but is there anyway we could follow suit for this week only?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

thecat2 wrote:
Think you'll find that was yesterday, though I do see the connection

Don't panic!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:55 pm

wondered how long it would be before we had the old can we kick off at 11,,,,nice one kev you didnt dissappoint
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:02 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:05 pm

i have seen this talked about before but can't remember why we can't. I think its a good idea
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:14 pm

Like I said, The county are doing it. I find it a bit wrong to be playing football at 11am when the official 2 mins silence takes place. I know we are doing one at 10:30 but its not the same, for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

have this every year,,,and probably will next year,,,,it really doesnt bother me that the two min silence is at 10.30 as long as it is done.,,

my suggestion is if you want to observe a minutes silence at 11 then you can always go somewhere that observes it at 11,,,,no one is forcing anyone to do it at 10.30 and play its their choice
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

is it their choice tho?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:46 pm

yes widds no one is forcing anyone to play on sunday
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:04 pm

so if all our team wanted to pay their respect and not play, we could just go and do so? no fines etc?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:35 pm

was talking individuals widds
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
One Minutes silence should be observed before all Alliance games next Sunday, 11th.

After only being out of the army for 3 months I just want to say I am very happy that the league will show respect and have a silence.

Sure I'm not the only player that has seen and lost good friends and family.

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

man in black wrote:
have this every year,,,and probably will next year,,,,it really doesnt bother me that the two min silence is at 10.30 as long as it is done.,,

my suggestion is if you want to observe a minutes silence at 11 then you can always go somewhere that observes it at 11,,,,no one is forcing anyone to do it at 10.30 and play its their choice

If people way to remember this who have fallen as I do then they can do this all year round, it just happens that on this date the whole community do it together but really it's the thought that counts and in my opinion doing it at 10:30 and not 11 makes no difference again in my opinion. Either way we wouldn't be with everyone else doing it and even when I was still in the army and on duty all you have to do is spare a thought and keep yourself quiet for 2 mins
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 6:24 pm

I see no reason for 1 game a year kick off shouldnt be put back to 11 for rememberance day,

although it shouldnt be the case, many a player uses colourful language on a football pitch now imagine a local church or organistation are holding their service and across the road a game is underway and as the clock passes 11 all they hear is 22 blokes F-ing and Blinding (no doubt at some poor ref)

would it be that difficult for the league for just 1 week a year to make this possible

I understand the officials might be against it as it wouldnt give them much time to get to their afternoon matches Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

Dodgy wrote:
I see no reason for 1 game a year kick off shouldnt be put back to 11 for rememberance day,

although it shouldnt be the case, many a player uses colourful language on a football pitch now imagine a local church or organistation are holding their service and across the road a game is underway and as the clock passes 11 all they hear is 22 blokes F-ing and Blinding (no doubt at some poor ref)

would it be that difficult for the league for just 1 week a year to make this possible

I understand the officials might be against it as it wouldnt give them much time to get to their afternoon matches Laughing

I understand that but also to be fair not everyone agrees with it so churches and such would have this from lads on a field etc...
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

Other than the odd County Cup game, all morning games in leicester will kick off at 10.30. If we kicked off at 11, it would mean we could be observing silence with a game being played in another league on an adjacent pitch.

Another example of a change which should only be made if all leagues followed suit. Maybe the County should take the lead by co-ordinating rather than doing it in isolation.

Last edited by Aussie Owl on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sol sol bamba

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Other than the odd County Cup game, all morning games in leicester will kick off at 11.30. If we kicked off at 11, it would mean we could be observing silence with a game being played in another league on an adjacent pitch.

Another example of a change which should only be made if all leagues followed suit. Maybe the County should take the lead by co-ordinating rather than doing it in isolation.

10;30 or 11;30 is ko
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 7:25 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
Dodgy wrote:

I understand that but also to be fair not everyone agrees with it so churches and such would have this from lads on a field etc...

Little hill church can hear every word from their local football teams.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:28 pm

Hellboy wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Dodgy wrote:

Little hill church can hear every word from their local football teams.

I dont hear swearing on Little Hill park when I play there....I'm lucky if my lads raise their voice to ask for the ball!!
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Other than the odd County Cup game, all morning games in leicester will kick off at 11.30. If we kicked off at 11, it would mean we could be observing silence with a game being played in another league on an adjacent pitch.

Maybe they should but surely for this to happen they may require the suggestion to come from one of its affiliated leagues, and with the Alliance Leagues motto being ''Leading the way in Sunday Football'' maybe the committee could put it forward to the County FA at the next opportunity as isnt that what part of the job is representing the League

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

Dodgy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

Maybe they should but surely for this to happen they may require the suggestion to come from one of its affiliated leagues, and with the Alliance Leagues motto being ''Leading the way in Sunday Football'' maybe the committee could put it forward to the County FA at the next opportunity as isnt that what part of the job is representing the League

very fair point
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:

so is it 11-30 kick off then ?
Back to top Go down
Kilworthsunday

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

Yes 11:30 Ledge Smile

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

i thought they were at 3pm so people could go church
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Kick offs on Sunday are at 10.30, other than in County Cups
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 5:12 pm

ive been reliably informed its 10-30 as per normal, so why has dennis put all games in leicester kick off at 11-30

silly man
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Kick offs on Sunday are at 10.30, other than in County Cups

you should make your mind up lad
Back to top Go down
scottyh

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

good old tommy u tell em kid lol
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 5:36 pm

I knew somebody would forget to put their clocks back Shocked
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 6:01 pm

had me confused all day
Back to top Go down
gibbo64

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Does this usually happen on remembrance Sunday? Fitting tribute to our ex-servicemen and women.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 11:01 pm

As long as I have been involved with local football, many years, and not just with the Alliance I have always led both teams to observe a minute's silence in remembrance prior to the kick off.

Sunday morning games usually kick off at 10.30am so the game continues through the nation's Act of Remembrance at 11.00am.

There is always an annual debate or comment as to whether, for Remembrance Sunday, kick off should be delayed until after 11.00am. From time to time the question of an early kick off arises - 9.15am so the game shoould be completed before 11.00am. I am also aware of games in the past that have been temporarily suspended at 11.00am to observe the Act of Remembrance.

You will appreciate that Leagues are instructed not to arrange fixtures on Remembrance Sunday in close proximity to War Memorials and other Commemorative sites. For this reason, Victoria Park has no games on the day.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2012, 7:17 am

Quite right too, especially at vicky park, dont forget folks, if it wasn't for them, you'd all be blue eyed and blonde haired, and the ones that weren't would be slaves.

Darren Wheeler would be leader of the schutzstaffel. monkey
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2012, 11:21 am

Hellboy wrote:
Quite right too, especially at vicky park, dont forget folks, if it wasn't for them, you'd all be blue eyed and blonde haired, and the ones that weren't would be slaves.

Darren Wheeler would be leader of the schutzstaffel. monkey

Hellboy I'm ginger so I keep being informed so I'd be a fooked as the rest of you

What about kicking off at 10.10 that way could hold a minutes silence before the second half starts,

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2012, 11:44 am

like that idea Wheeler
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2012, 11:50 am

i think the problem is that it appears disrespectful to those walking by who think Sunday footballers don't hold a silence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remembrance Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Sunday   Remembrance Sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remembrance Sunday
Page 1 of 1