Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Referees - Who's your favourite?

Go down 
+26
Pukka
CSKA19Carnabys
freeagent86
Jedster
Mivan are going up
Bucko
browny15lfc
Hairy Hebrew!
ShaNiO
L.K.F.C
Fishandchips
Paulo
Polska legend II
bulwellian
tysmith c.n.f.c
Widds
CSKA17
allen654
hotshot66
spartamoshdock
littlebigman
Paul Daniels
whiteeagles
Hellboy
lbennett86
Vimto
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vimto

Vimto

Referees - Who's your favourite? Empty
PostSubject: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 2:22 pm

The majority of time you come on to the forum and see the majority of people slating a ref or bad decision.

However, I think it's time we applaud the job they do. With my particular favourite being Martin Dexter - great ref. Hardly books anyone but talks to the players throughout. Although, he is run very close by Brian Morrell in my opinion.

Who's your favourite ref?
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

brian morrell is fantastic. i am someone who complains when a ref costs us a game or a clean sheet but i know its a hard job. there are some who show up to make the game about them but, admitidly, there are few who do that. i played in lsl for 4 yrs and the standard is much higher in the alliance league
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

No ref no game, i think they're all good, they are only human, dont take things personal if a human error occurs, respecting the ref always ensures that they'll do his/her best, to make sure the game runs smoothly.

You can always turn things sround to your advatntge, by showing some initiative, thats if you've got some in the first place.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 2:48 pm

Dont have favourites! We've been lucky enough to have good refs so far apart from 1! As the saying goes, if you dont notice the ref, they've had a good game
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

No ref, no game. True saying. But there are some who are just absolute morons, nothing to do with the decisions they make, but the way they conduct themselves.

However, I do have my favourites. The one who look like Al Murray is very good. Ali Ramezankhani is also good.

Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Oh and also, unless your Leicester Foxes OB, the bloke whse their manager but also refs there games if knowone turns up is also a good ref.

I remember us playing against them last season and we won 2-1. He failed to see a blatent handball whereby one of our lads punched the ball off the line, excellent reffing, play on!!!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 3:43 pm

Dave Bullen,Sam Anderson and Ali Ram are 3 of my favs
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 4:39 pm

Graham Swan and Martin Dexter. John Farrell is up there too.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 4:50 pm

Dont have a favourite, the 2 we've had the past 2 weeks have been exceptionally terrible, at least they are consistently poor though
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

Will Robinson is a good up and coming ref. firm but fair. Sam Anderson looks like he could be a quality on. Sam Wesson as well was decent. Playing in division 7 we rarely see the top quality ones. The ones we have had have been fairly decent on the whole
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

Any ref reading this, you, yes YOU are my favourite! Especially whoever we have his Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 5:31 pm

I have one ref that i dread coming to ref us, other than that, i am just happy we have referees....but, my favourites:

Bob Ogle - legend, helps set the nets up
Carl (not sure of surname) with black hair - reffed us earlier in the season

Actually, just realised i know very few refs names!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Any ref reading this, you, yes YOU are my favourite! Especially whoever we have his Sunday!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 6:10 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
Graham Swan and Martin Dexter. John Farrell is up there too.

Must second this graham swann is a quality ref
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

LITTLEBIGMAN Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

Allen654 wrote:
Will Robinson is a good up and coming ref. firm but fair. Sam Anderson looks like he could be a quality on. Sam Wesson as well was decent. Playing in division 7 we rarely see the top quality ones. The ones we have had have been fairly decent on the whole

lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

just trying to work out who looks like Al Murray
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 8:32 am

Bob Ogle is definitely a legend!!

John Farrell, Martin Dexter and Mark Lever three estabilished refs that I always like ref-ing us

Thought Sam Wesson had a very good game and was impressed with such a young lad ref-ing
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 9:12 am

Polska legend II wrote:
just trying to work out who looks like Al Murray

Al Murray reffed Royale Barca v Fosse City earlier this season.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

Widds wrote:
I have one ref that i dread coming to ref us, other than that, i am just happy we have referees....but, my favourites:

Bob Ogle - legend, helps set the nets up
Carl (not sure of surname) with black hair - reffed us earlier in the season

Actually, just realised i know very few refs names!!

I agree with the first statement on this there is 1 ref seems to have it in for us when he has our games so never impressed when his name comes up but generally the standard of ref's over the past 2 seasons has been great, been very impressed with a couple of the young lads that have done our games this season too, thought they might struggle prior to the games but they have surprised me and been excellent! long may it continue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
However, I do have my favourites. The one who look like Al Murray is very good.

Gordon Wells?.......
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 1:38 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
However, I do have my favourites. The one who look like Al Murray is very good.

Gordon Wells?.......

Nah. Does Gordon ref? Swear we had him on Sunday.

No the bloke I'm talking about really does look like Al Murray, and he comes accross like him as well! If you've had him you'll know. Where's JimmyB to back me up on this one?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 2:24 pm

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Referees/Referees.html

choose your ref....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Cheers Hellboy, that helps us lazy uns!!

Carl Shaw
Ryan Goddard
The Bogle
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

whist we have an awful record with games he's reffed, Keith Reed is up there with the best of refs we've had in my opinion. I remember him coming up late last season and saying... having thought about it I think I should have given you a penalty... Bit late but really refreshing for someone to come forward and admit to getting something wrong.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

KEVIN FRENCH!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 3:49 pm

Really rate Karl Robinson! Wish we would have him ref us more!

Also Kev French!

Bob Ogle been reffing us since we first started 10 years ago back in the Leicester Sunday league! The blokes still going!

In the Sunday league also, used to have Stu Ayres ref us. Don't know if he still refs but was a quality ref!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

Yes!! Karl Robinson is excellent, i couldnt remember the name, he reffed us earlier this season and was superb.

LKFC i will pass on your comments to Keith as i work with him...is a very honest guy
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

Bryan Morrell, BINGO!!! Al Murray I tell you!
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

Keith Read for me.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

Just posting on this as I can never find the refs link on the webpage.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm

Jim Hubbard without doubt hes class
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm

Johnny Farrell is probably the best we have had so far v Birstall. Brilliant ref.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

graham swan best by a mile, nice bloke doesnt take himself too serious, good banter and top ref!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 8:43 pm

agree with all of the last 3
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

Me.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 9:07 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Also Kev French!

Bob Ogle been reffing us since we first started 10 years ago back in the Leicester Sunday league! The blokes still going!

In the Sunday league also, used to have Stu Ayres ref us. Don't know if he still refs but was a quality ref!

Any of these then?....

Jim Hubbard.

Glenn Stewart.

Aaron Doyle.

Paul Stones.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 9:15 pm

again, all very good quality refs
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Also Kev French!

Any of these then?....

Jim Hubbard.

Glenn Stewart.

Aaron Doyle.

Paul Stones.

Only had aaron Doyle ref us out of those! Was impressed but didn't have an awful lot to do which is sometimes what good refereeing is all about!

Good research though Bravo x
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Apr 2013, 8:56 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Also Kev French!

Any of these then?....

Jim Hubbard.

Glenn Stewart.

Aaron Doyle.

Paul Stones.

Only had aaron Doyle ref us out of those! Was impressed but didn't have an awful lot to do which is sometimes what good refereeing is all about!

Good research though Bravo x

Definitely one on there i dont rate!

Last edited by Paulo on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Referees - Who's your favourite?   Referees - Who's your favourite? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Referees - Who's your favourite?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next