Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????

Go down 
+16
exact
WILKSY
FEAR_FUFC
rocket ledge
whiteeagles
Mcmandy
Paul Daniels
Spy
Kylinhio
dezza
Widds
Hellboy
Skeems
sgoodman
Polska legend II
simply777
20 posters
AuthorMessage
simply777

Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Empty
PostSubject: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm

I'm just starting my first season here and wondering who are the top two in these positions?

Played against two div 2 sides and found there to be a few decent players
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm

who do you play for?
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

In my opinion, the best goalkeeper in the alliance is Andy Taylor from Premier Sports, forwards my choice would be Aaron Preston from Sparta Moshdock and Darren Wheeler from Advance Couriers. There are others that you could make a case for but if I was given the pick of players in the Alliance, these would be my first choices.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

Andy Taylor is impressive no doubt, Ben Jackson at FC Tumar is pretty awesome (plays on pitch at the moment though) as is Wazza from Moshdock. Luke Taylor for us is very good, if he can get a run of games under his belt and stay fit then he will be very very good for us.

Forward. George Himan at Star knows where the goal is but you can not argue against Aaron Preston or Darren Wheeler although I have not had a text from Advance yet with Wheeler's name on it!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Widds.

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Only ever seen Widds play once and tbh I'm never going to judge anyone by a performance in gale force winds and heavy rain against an East Midlands Counties side!!

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

Keeper I'd go along with prem sports keeper and forward I'd say its out of wheeler, himan,preston!!! Also I'm going to mention louis finney-neckles not strictly a forward but probably the most dangerous winger in the league
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Andy Taylor is impressive no doubt, Ben Jackson at FC Tumar is pretty awesome (plays on pitch at the moment though) as is Wazza from Moshdock. Luke Taylor for us is very good, if he can get a run of games under his belt and stay fit then he will be very very good for us.

Forward. George Himan at Star knows where the goal is but you can not argue against Aaron Preston or Darren Wheeler although I have not had a text from Advance yet with Wheeler's name on it!!

think he's been injured for a while
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Dave Ilnicki, when sober, is probably the best defender i have ever seen, and is also one of the best strikers in the Alliance league, not seen many better.
Fairly new to the teams in div 1 and prem, but you would have to say Himan and Clint Gunn are up there looking at their records.
As for keepers...im the best in our division, in the prem the Star & Garter keeper we played against in the cup last year was superb!!
And Kev - cheers for not letting 'that game' cloud your judgement!!
Back to top Go down
Kylinhio

Kylinhio

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

Not seen then obvious candidates play

but for me best striker is Karl Brooke-Whitmore although i dont know who he plays for now but was just unplayable for us.

and best keeper if Leon Strong at niffy even though his on pitch this season
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

Widds wrote:
Dave Ilnicki, when sober, is probably the best defender i have ever seen, and is also one of the best strikers in the Alliance league, not seen many better.
Fairly new to the teams in div 1 and prem, but you would have to say Himan and Clint Gunn are up there looking at their records.
As for keepers...im the best in our division, in the prem the Star & Garter keeper we played against in the cup last year was superb!!

Rate yourself highly don't you widds?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

yes impressed with both of those players, KBW was class
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

I assumed he'd been playing!!

I'll let him off then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:54 pm

Spy wrote:
Widds wrote:

Rate yourself highly don't you widds?

someone has too ;-)
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 1:54 pm

Quote :

No problem Widds, and about said Star keeper, he is no longer playing for us, something to do with living in Nottingham I think.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

shame, was very good especially on the high ball
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 10:50 pm

I would go with Aaron Preston, scores goals on a Saturday and a Sunday.

Ones to look out for, Joe Cook and Jake Pantony at Frolesworth. 2 very good players that would get into any side.
Back to top Go down
Mcmandy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Wigston car breakers keeper Jon Jon awesome!! And obviously raw finisher wheeler!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:05 am

Always got time for sir Wheeler, scores some crackers, i bow to his superior skills.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

Forgot about Jon Jon, he was brilliant against us. Made a save from Jim Mee that defied the law of physics.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 6:50 pm

From my short time in the alliance league, the best opposing strikers I've faced has to be the NPE combo of Daz Candy and (I think) Spencer Elverstone.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 7:29 pm

Widds wrote:

is there a shortage of keepers in division 1 then ?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:09 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

maybe you Will find out one day ;-)
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 1:58 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
I would go with Aaron Preston, scores goals on a Saturday and a Sunday.

Ones to look out for, Joe Cook and Jake Pantony at Frolesworth. 2 very good players that would get into any side.

Pleased to see the contribution of these two players hasn't gone un-noticed in the previous three seasons.

It's genuinely a privilege to have them both pull on our strip on a Sunday morning, on their day they are both unplayable and are integral to our passing ethos.

In terms of players that we've come up against, Aaron Preston and George Himan have constantly tormented us in previous meetings.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

niffys goalkeeper, Leon i think, brrrrrillliant.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

maybe you Will find out one day ;-)

Lots of things things to consider using the word best, not just the goalkeeping or playing abilities.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 9:24 pm

Npe's keeper, Luke Pickering - playing well below his capabilities due to family ties ;-)
Back to top Go down
exact

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 8:48 pm

For me it's Matt Stevenson at GT in goal and a mixture of George Himan of S&G , Nathan Williams of Fosse and Rich Saunders of Advance up front.
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 10:04 pm

exact wrote:
For me it's Matt Stevenson at GT in goal and a mixture of George Himan of S&G , Nathan Williams of Fosse and Rich Saunders of Advance up front.

Another cracking joke, hahaha
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 10:42 pm

If all those ex Sporting Wigston players were that good surely they'd have had a decent crack at winning division 4 a few years back instead of letting Fosse walk it.
Back to top Go down
NKBomber

NKBomber

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

Richard Brown at Kilworth scores for fun, Also Kev Willet looking very strong this year in goal, rarely drops a clanger!
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

NKBomber wrote:
Richard Brown at Kilworth scores for fun, Also Kev Willet looking very strong this year in goal, rarely drops a clanger!

HaHa Mr Brown aka JUST4MEN Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????   Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best forward and goalkeeper in the Alliance?????
Page 1 of 1