Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Team Lineups

Go down 
+12
Widds
dan_mitchell_WRFC
spartamoshdock
Pukka
Hellboy
Polska legend II
THE MAGICIAN
Sparta3
Web_Manager
the gaffer
lbennett86
joecampbell
16 posters
AuthorMessage
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

Hi all,

Not sure where this post should be placed but I was thinking that after every game teams should post their full line-up for the previous game?

what y'all think?

Joe
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 10:00 am

I think that might give people too much idea of what they are playing against the following week! I for 1 would like it to be a surprise!
Back to top Go down
the gaffer

the gaffer

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 10:02 am

nah never work too many secrets given away
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 10:35 am

I will watch this post with interest as one of the new things I hope to launch is an appearance based page for each team on the website split by season and a cumulative total.

These pages would run atomically and update on a nightly/weekly basis based on player result forms (depending what parameters I set).

Whilst not completely what the original post suggests, it is in the same sort of area. In my view it is no different to listing goalscorers.

Considering that you can already find this information on various club websites if you were truly interested in scouting, then I see no harm in it at all. The reason I feel it would be useful on the Alliance web is for teams historically records, and there own use, not for other teams.

It would also assist with questions about if a player had played enough games come cup finals time, along with perhaps secretary's being able to check if a player was already signed to a club (albeit you'd have to have an inclining into the existing club). Some of the common questions that get asked on regular basis.

I have already created new pages that go back over the past 2 seasons, and they are currently running for this season.

It is just one of the few new features I hope to get past the committee at the next meeting, in order to move the website on and improve it.

...........as I said I will watch with interest, to what the opinion is. if feedback is good, it will only help my case at the meeting
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

yes exactly, it would be great for statistic purposes.

the surprise element will remain the same eg you will only get to know the line-up that just finished playing not the line-up for the future fixtures. Plus it will give opponents a chance of seeing which clubs are doing well when certain players are playing or missing.

ha Twisted Evil , u might get some teams playing their second string when its a not-so-important cup game against a low division opposition.

with some teams no one has a clue who plays for em!
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

joecampbell wrote:
u might get some teams playing their second string when its a not-so-important cup game against a low division opposition.

with some teams no one has a clue who plays for em!

second string? most teams would be lucky to have a 1st team! lol
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 11:36 am

lol! true
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

Web_Manager wrote:
I will watch this post with interest as one of the new things I hope to launch is an appearance based page for each team on the website split by season and a cumulative total.

These pages would run atomically and update on a nightly/weekly basis based on player result forms (depending what parameters I set).

Whilst not completely what the original post suggests, it is in the same sort of area. In my view it is no different to listing goalscorers.

Considering that you can already find this information on various club websites if you were truly interested in scouting, then I see no harm in it at all. The reason I feel it would be useful on the Alliance web is for teams historically records, and there own use, not for other teams.

It would also assist with questions about if a player had played enough games come cup finals time, along with perhaps secretary's being able to check if a player was already signed to a club (albeit you'd have to have an inclining into the existing club). Some of the common questions that get asked on regular basis.

I have already created new pages that go back over the past 2 seasons, and they are currently running for this season.

It is just one of the few new features I hope to get past the committee at the next meeting, in order to move the website on and improve it.

...........as I said I will watch with interest, to what the opinion is. if feedback is good, it will only help my case at the meeting

It might be useful as a statistic but it could open a can of worms regarding ringers.
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

Why would it impact ringers?

Even if it did, it couldn't be a bad thing with them surely?

If you have put the name on the teamsheet then you are confident that person was registered
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:16 pm

if anything it will help catch-out ringers affraid
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

Web_Manager wrote:
Why would it impact ringers?

Even if it did, it couldn't be a bad thing with them surely?

If you have put the name on the teamsheet then you are confident that person was registered

Exactly !!!

This will only worry those who have something to hide.....

GET IT DONE !
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

agreed. I know the LSL website (at least last year) was running with this.

Presumably the team sheet would be linked to that part of the website so that no poor unsuspecting committee member would have to enter all the names Laughing

And as for ringers - if clubs must persist in using them, it wouldn't necessarily stop it - if you saw a team sheet on here 4 days later and a particular player didn't play but was named on the sheet - you would have no evidence to back it up (unless you are Widds Laughing )
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm

Yes but, you could let the following team the next week be aware.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:42 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Presumably the team sheet would be linked to that part of the website so that no poor unsuspecting committee member would have to enter all the names Laughing

exactly, you only have to click the box of the players who played

Polska legend II wrote:

And as for ringers - if clubs must persist in using them, it wouldn't necessarily stop it - if you saw a team sheet on here 4 days later and a particular player didn't play but was named on the sheet - you would have no evidence to back it up (unless you are Widds Laughing )

true, but i'm sure u will catch some player sometime or another

overall i think it will help develop the league, develop the website but mostly give insight on the teams/players. im sure another feature could be managers adding brief bio's about the players like some club websites do - (or am i going to far now)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:44 pm

good idea but for some football is just about getting up, playing on a Sunday and then turning up the following Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

presumably the team sheet would be linked to that part of the website so that no poor unsuspecting committee member would have to enter all the names Laughing

Polska - nobody would ever need to do anything with it, I don't want to go into all the inns and out of how it is done, but once that team sheet is submitted the data is captured and the page is updated.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

thought it would be, thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

joecampbell wrote:

overall i think it will help develop the league, develop the website but mostly give insight on the teams/players. im sure another feature could be managers adding brief bio's about the players like some club websites do - (or am i going to far now)

That wouldn't be something that I would consider for the league website.

The co-ordination and maintenance of such a feature is completely unfeasible. With have launched the option for Club Bios this year, which is just about manageable as it is a once a season job and only across roughly 80 teams.

But to try to coordinate the profiles of 2000 plus players on a league web site, is not possible.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

true say, but we should at least have the line-ups. the same way the scorers are updated, the team line-ups should directly be beneath them
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

i dont even understand the question.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

I think it's a good idea - it would make things more transparent (although may give other leagues an advantage for cup competitions).

All I meant is that the league would probably be inundated with allegations of "how could he play when he was on holiday?" or "he didn't play because I was there and I know him" etc etc.

Not necessarily a bad thing but it could be a pain in the arse.
Back to top Go down
Pukka

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 8:29 pm

I agree with Sparta3's allegation views above.
I would be in favour of this idea on the bases that some clubs might think twice when playing ringers or may get caught out when they do.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

I think it is a great idea. From a secretaries viewpoint, it would be a great stat place to go to at the end of the season and in the future to get long term facts. All for it.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

We are keeping a statistics database this season anyway, would be cool to see the league implement this.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 4:03 pm

exactly
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 4:19 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
agreed. I know the LSL website (at least last year) was running with this.

Hahaha nice
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 5:48 pm

Would be a great idea, we are keeping records of our own anyway but if the league could implement this it would be easier to have access to at all times.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 11:29 am

good response so far Smile
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 11:43 am

i used the lsl one for 2 years and it was ok.

the good thing is you could whack your phone out before a game and check if a player is signed on who you think aint registered if his name wasn't there you could easily prove he wasn't signed on as it states players available and your squad and your opposition
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

A list of who is signed on to each team could be useful.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

I like this idea a lot, and I believe it should be implemented. We not going to catch 100% of the "ringers" but it will significantly reduce the numbers of ringers playing.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
I like this idea a lot, and I believe it should be implemented. We not going to catch 100% of the "ringers" but it will significantly reduce the numbers of ringers playing.

exactly my thought brother
Back to top Go down
NUGENT.

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 5:59 pm

It would help clubs avoid points deduction for contract irregularities.

Furthermore, you know the premier league club squads and regular players so what is the problem with those who think your giving too many secrets away. it's not just the players but the tactics you employ which win matches.

I am for it.
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

NUGENT. wrote:
It would help clubs avoid points deduction for contract irregularities.

Furthermore, you know the premier league club squads and regular players so what is the problem with those who think your giving too many secrets away. it's not just the players but the tactics you employ which win matches.

I am for it.

nailed it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Lineups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Lineups   Team Lineups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Lineups
Page 1 of 1