Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Tape On Socks

Go down 
+8
Katie G
man in black
Capello
littlebigman
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Sparta3
Blackie
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Probably one for Clive here but have I heard correctly that tape on players socks now has to be the same colour as the sock?

Is this rule being implemented by referee's in the Alliance League this season?

And if so, does anybody know where I can get orange tape!?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

It's a FIFA directive!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Orange+tape&_sacat=0
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

Cheers Sparta.

So the tape has to match your socks but you are still allowed to wear pink/green/orange/red boots!

How strictly will the referee's in the Alliance observe this directive?

I can see most teams having to start the game with 8/9 players whilst the ref orders them off to change their tape - a lot of teams at park level football don't even have matching socks let alone matching tape.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 9:30 pm

Blackie wrote:
Cheers Sparta.

So the tape has to match your socks but you are still allowed to wear pink/green/orange/red boots!

How strictly will the referee's in the Alliance observe this directive?

I can see most teams having to start the game with 8/9 players whilst the ref orders them off to change their tape - a lot of teams at park level football don't even have matching socks let alone matching tape.

Tut tut tut....Catherine street slobs...we need to keep up our standards on dog sh#t park Wink Buy some clear tape, and it will show through your sock colour anyway, genius or what? oorrrr....i suppose you could always buy sellotape, or wrap clingfilm round your legs, be good in the winter for keeping the muscles warm....ooorrr, carry some of these in the car..............

Tape On Socks Whs-comp-felt-pens
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

Very good helly
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 11:22 pm

I would think most Refs will use common sense but you never know !!!
Helly is a genius,get a couple of rolls of cellotape,cant go wrong
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 11:35 pm

Andy parker will definately be taking this rule seriously.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 5:21 am

Capello wrote:
what makes you say that?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 8:30 am

it is a law change under law 4 players equipment,,,,,,,the alliance league have sent out an email stating that this is a change in law,,
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:
what makes you say that?

Because he has told numerous players during friendlies that they werent playing with different coloured tape ect, its like hes going for promotion, although you maybe have to pass a fitness test for that!:-)
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

I asked Stu at the handbook meeting about players who have sock ties as opposed to tape- they're included. We're ok because our socks are black, but no good having white or black sock ties if your socks are red!

And also ankle guards- apparently they've got to be the same colour too. Good luck with that!!
Back to top Go down
NUGENT.

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

sam anderson will see this as a sending off offence lol
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 6:54 pm

remember that some referees will be assesed for promotion and if they allow tape they could be docked marks on assessment,,
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

Surelyeven the refs will admit its a pointless/stupid/frivalous rule and Fifa have far more important things on their plate,corruption, goal line technology......
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 11:20 pm

Katie G wrote:
I asked Stu at the handbook meeting about players who have sock ties as opposed to tape- they're included. We're ok because our socks are black, but no good having white or black sock ties if your socks are red!

And also ankle guards- apparently they've got to be the same colour too. Good luck with that!!

what about your kit clashing with the refs kit? dark green and black?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

law states at this level that a referee must wear black,,with white collars cuffs or sock tops, if he wants,,,,

law also states all teams and goalkeeper must not wear a kit that clashes with the opposition the referee or his assistants,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 9:51 pm

yes, saw a big gulp of horror from the Harborough Hotshots contingent when it was announced at the last meeting that black kits were a no no... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 9:47 am

Widds wrote:
Katie G wrote:

what about your kit clashing with the refs kit? dark green and black?
ahhhh that won't clash (and I delegate to Pete to sort if it does!!) :-)
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 10:45 am

Polska legend II wrote:
yes, saw a big gulp of horror from the Harborough Hotshots contingent when it was announced at the last meeting that black kits were a no no... Laughing

There are also a few clubs who's kit is all black on the back - Harrow and Thurmaston from last year come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 4:15 pm

Ah yes, that makes perfect sense - instead of one person changing shirts in the event of a colour clash, make 14 players do it instead!!

Clive's mention of 'at this level' suggests to me that different rules/directives can be applied to park football - so why is this ridiculous tape rule applicable to us?

I did read the main reason for the rule was so that, in the event of a close offside call, the linesman could work out which player is which and make the correct decision!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

Blackie wrote:
Ah yes, that makes perfect sense - instead of one person changing shirts in the event of a colour clash, make 14 players do it instead!!

Clive's mention of 'at this level' suggests to me that different rules/directives can be applied to park football - so why is this ridiculous tape rule applicable to us?

I did read the main reason for the rule was so that, in the event of a close offside call, the linesman could work out which player is which and make the correct decision!

I look forward to a linesman explaining to his team that he didn't put the flag up cos he could clearly tell that ''the centre forward's sock was 1cm behind the defender's''

The decision re the colour of shirts was an FA decision and they decided that the colour of ref's kit should be black at park level, thus making it necessary for players to wear a distinguishing colour. The Alliance has made representations through the usual channels. The sock tape decision was taken by FIFA and they decided it should apply at all levels. Clear tape is the answer.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

Thank you for clearing that up about the colour of the shirts Dennis.

From memory I dont think sellotape works on football socks, I'm sure I've used this previously and it snaps mid game.

And clear tape wont help when wearing Trusox (which work brilliantly by the way)
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 5:56 pm

can see a rise in sale of black socks and tape Very Happy

easiest way out is to adhere to the new law changes,,instead of thinking they are trivial or not,,,the fact is they are here and thats the laws we play under,,,,,there are one or two things that i dont like in the laws of the game but have to enforce them as thats my position in the game,,,,, Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tape On Socks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tape On Socks   Tape On Socks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tape On Socks
Page 1 of 1