Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Arthur Moore Group Draw

Go down 
+8
Polingtons
Aussie Owl
Jenko
Skeems
spartamoshdock
Polska legend II
dezza
Widds
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Arthur Moore Group Draw Empty
PostSubject: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:49 pm

So anyone from div 1 or the prem on here have any thoughts?

We drew Car Breakers, Thurmaston, Kirby Muxloe and Niffy.

Very disappointed with the draw as we got teams from our own division, slightly boring!! Although i liked the way it was drawn out by different club secs.

I really wanted Oscars and Advance to be honest, or S&G replacing one of those. Still looking forward to it though, love the format of it and think its going to be great fun. Cant wait to play one of the above three teams in the final....
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

We've got magna 73, enderby town and hoskins!

Same as you said widds would of been nice to have had another prem side in there but t least we avoid them until the next round if we progress haha

What are the rest of the groups?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:07 pm

Not sure at the moment, was speaking with Ty from Oscars and i think he said that they had Prem Sports, Star and Garter and not sure who else...very tough group.
Azzuri vs NRI final? Read all about it as Emily Sande sang about 4 times in the closing ceremony!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:09 pm

Haha I'll take that final, I think one of the other groups is advance,moshdock and gt!! That's would mean that alongside with the oscars groups there will be a few prem casualties at the group stage
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm

definitely mate, top two through would give a good chance of getting two Div 1 teams in the quarters and then semi. game on
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 11:08 pm

So which is the group of death?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 8:21 am

Ours is an all Prem group....us, Advance, GT, Glenfield and Frolesworth!

Not too happy with that draw, always like to see what the Div 1 teams are like.

I'm sure in previous seasons it must have been drawn differently as I've never known it to be more than 3 Prem teams in a group?

But we won't complain, love this competition....hopefully we can go a bit further in it this season.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 8:44 am

Of course it was drawn differently, advance used to get thrown back in the pot...
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:59 am

Yep we have a very tough group with Prem Sports, Oscars, Royale Barcabullona and Kirby Muxloe Rangers.

Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:12 am

Are Kirby in NRI or S&G group?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:24 am

What are your chances? Who are the favourites? Which is theGroup of Death? Happy or disappointed?

Group 'A'
Fosse City
FC Azzurri
FC Hoskins
Enderby Town 2012
Magna 73 Rangers

Group 'B'
Niffy Rangers
NRI
Thurmaston WMP 2009
Leicester Foxes OB
Wigston car Breakers

Group 'C'
Kirby Muxloe Rangers
Royale Barcabullona
Oscars
Star & Garter
Premier Sports Travel

Group 'D'
Glenfield Town, Sunday
Sparta Moshdock
Frolesworth United
Advance Couriers
GT
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

I'd say our group looks quite evenly matched and would expect it to be magna then any of the others to go through, group B I'm going for car breakers and nri to progress, group c would expect s&g and prem to progress nd finally group d advance and moshdock!

As for group of death I genuinely think group A is the most evenly matched
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

Group b aint far off, looking forward 2 seeing thurmaston wmp which have the syston midland players and wigston car breakers
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Group b aint far off, looking forward 2 seeing thurmaston wmp which have the syston midland players and wigston car breakers

What team do you play for bud?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm

why not predict the quarter finalists?

FC Azzurri & Fosse City

NRI & Wigston Car Breakers

Star & Garter & Prem Sports

Advance & Sparta Moshdock
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

Thurmaston wmp reserves manager
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

For me the QF's will be

A: FC Azzuri and Enderby Town

B: WCB & NRI

C: Prem & S&G

D: Advance and Glenfield
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

Group 'A'
Quite a tough group, don’t know much about Enderby Town, but I think Azzuri and Hoskins are the two that will go through here. Obviously Magna 73 are the prem side , but there are two other prem in waiting sides in this division, and if Magna start to struggle in the league I think it will affect them in the cup. From what I have read on here, the Magna team are not the most determined, and it could be a long season

Group 'B'
I have heard very good and very bad about Thurmaston, so I have no idea where they will be. Niffy always put out a tough team and WCB are obviously well known as a tough side with a fair bit of quality. If WCB have Tom Hill then I think they will go through as winners, if not, I think its going to be any two out of NRI, WCB and Foxes. (obviously have to back my own team!)

Group 'C'
I think this is the toughest group of the lot. Barcabullona have the ability to pull in some very good players subject to Hinckley games (delighted we have them on a week night for our first game!), my pick for the prem in S&G, reigning champs Prem Sports and Oscars who have good history and players. I think it’s a tough ask for Kirby Muxloe, so my pick to go through is Star and Garter and Prem Sports. I think Oscars will miss out by a point or goal difference, but I hope they get through.

Group 'D'
You would have to back Advance to go through, and I think rumours of their demise are slightly premature. Glenny Town are meant to have signed some very good players on and could be the dark horses of this division. Sparta Moshdock did well last year and with extra confidence and a couple of signings they should challenge. My choice is Advance and Sparta to go through. I think Frolesworth and GT will find this group too tough and will occupy bottom two places. Again, hope I am wrong, would like Frolesworth to push on.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
why not predict the quarter finalists?

FC Azzurri & Fosse City

NRI & Wigston Car Breakers

Star & Garter & Prem Sports

Advance & Sparta Moshdock

Are the quarter finals drawn at random or is it winners group A vs losers group B etc?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

Its winners A v Runners up B and so on mate
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 1:01 pm

FC Azzuri vs NRI
FC Hoskins vs WCB
Star and Garter vs Advance Couriers
Prem Sports vs Sparta Moshdock

NRI to beat FC Azzuri and secure our reputation as able to compete with prem quality opposition
WCB to beat Hoskins, both teams to plunge into financial instability as a result of more cards than you find up Dynamo’s sleeves
Advance Couriers to beat Star and Garter
Prem Sports to beat Sparta Moshdock

Not sure how the next round is drawn…
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

Match 1 - Winners A v Runners up B
Match 2 - Winners C v Runners up D
Match 3 - Winners B v Runners up A
Match 4 - Winners D v Runners up C

Winners of Match 1 play Winners of Match 2
Winners of Match 3 play winners of Match 4

Final
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 3:14 pm

Excellent, cheers Kev.

Glad you are our press officer again, that other chap was so demanding!!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

semis will be

nri v star

moshdock v car breakers
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 3:50 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
semis will be

nri v star

moshdock v car breakers

I have it as follows:

Match 1 - Hoskins v WCB
Match 2 – S&G v Sparta Moshdock
Match 3 - NRI v FC Azzuri
Match 4 - Couriers v Prem Sports

WCB play S&G
NRI play Couriers

Final

S&G vs NRI

Had a rethink on our group and think we will win it now lol
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 8:28 pm

Widds, SHUT UP YA DOUGHNUT
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

Haha....yes boss!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 7:00 am

WCB will slaughter every team in their path.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

Widds wrote:
Group 'A'

Group 'C'
I think this is the toughest group of the lot. Barcabullona have the ability to pull in some very good players subject to Hinckley games (delighted we have them on a week night for our first game!), my pick for the prem in S&G, reigning champs Prem Sports and Oscars who have good history and players. I think it’s a tough ask for Kirby Muxloe, so my pick to go through is Star and Garter and Prem Sports. I think Oscars will miss out by a point or goal difference, but I hope they get through.

I wouldn't worry at all about Barcabullona on a Friday. It is the worst possible day for us to have a fixture as many of our players are not available already including our captain. So you've got a pretty nailed on 3 points for your first game most likely. That is fact by the way, not me trying to play some sort of reverse pshychology, we will do what we can but I predict we wont get off to the best of starts.

As for this cup as a whole, I hate it, its poor. Its existence only ever came about because the Prem teams wanted more fixtures as nobody wanted to play in the prem. Chances are we will lose to Prem and S&G (THEY BEAT US 4 TIMES LAST YEAR, SICK OF THEM) but we will still have to go and play 2 more games with nothing to play for. It really is a shite cup. At least in the other cups you might draw a prem team, and then its just a one off game and you might get a result.

Anyway rant over, good luck, i love Arthur Moore Champs league.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

i think its a superb format and one of the league's better ideas
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:

I wouldn't worry at all about Barcabullona on a Friday. It is the worst possible day for us to have a fixture as many of our players are not available already including our captain.

It is a pity your Sec did not opt to play Wednesdays instead of Fridays.... and of course you could have asked the other team to bring the game forward.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:34 pm

shot down there lad Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

Yup, i agree, i love the Arthur Moore cup format, gives us a chance to take on the big boys!! And if you are a good team you should be competing to go through to the next round, and if you are not good enough...im not interested

And if you play two games that are not of any importance, then you throw your fringe players some game time, or practice new formations etc...a good manager will extract benefit from every single game...just my (correct) opinion

Regards our Friday night fixture, this is being moved to the following Friday as our pitch was double booked with Magna 2012 who pitch share....i will be notifying ref/club secs etc...(off topic but i just dont care any more!!!)

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 6:25 pm

Widds wrote:

just my (correct) opinion

Laughing

I'm married to one of those people that (thinks) they're always right....a woman.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

just my (correct) opinion

Laughing

I'm married to one of those people that (thinks) they're always right....a woman.

god love the fairer sex! They entertain
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

Hellboy wrote:
WCB will slaughter every team in their path.

hope you don't do accumulators lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 3:16 pm

a-k-a........the motivator...a nice little thank you will do.monkey

Malc's just lying there milking it pretending to be ill...lol only recieving grapes, chocolates and lucozade, i think the nurses have had to put longer frocks on, and he always has a pulse going in an unusual spot. Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 3:39 pm

Haha, well thank you then!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

Nice to see a win for ya widds, keep up the good work my little chickadee, come on Malc you're missing all the fun, hurry up and get better, we miss you soooooo much. flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

I'm always watching Helly !!!

I had phone commentary from one of my injured players yesterday sat in my hospital bed, absolutely delighted by the result and as it happens the performance was just as classy.

To top off a great day I was allowed to come home so for me that was a Super Sunday.....

On a side note, who you been watching this season Helly ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Group Draw   Arthur Moore Group Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arthur Moore Group Draw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next