Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Keeper this Sunday please.

Go down 
+8
Coley21
Hellboy
Polska legend II
Widds
mowmacre fc
CalamityScouse
dave ash
Jimmyb
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Keeper this Sunday please.  Empty
PostSubject: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:53 pm

Fosse City, 12:30, Brockington College (3G), against Polska provided Mark can raise a team.

Our number 1 can't make it, if anyone fancies a game to save me from having to do the honours, let me know.

Scouse? Widds?

I'll make it a freebie, cuz I'm nice like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Fosse City, 12:30, Brockington College (3G), against Polska provided Mark can raise a team.

Our number 1 can't make it, if anyone fancies a game to save me from having to do the honours, let me know.

Scouse? Widds?

Scouse i thought you said you wanted a goal keeper.

lol! flower lol!
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

dave ash wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Scouse? Widds?

lol! flower lol!

Ouch Dave............I felt that from all the way over here!

I only wish the old forum was still in existence, I could recite the post you did before you knew me and we beat JBL 2-0! Always used to make me smile
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 2:41 pm

ill go in goal for ya ?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

injured otherwise would have offered!

Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

You a keeper then Hoskins!?

Widds, what you done!? Not gonna miss any of the season are ya?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

hopefully not bud. ligaments in my pinky! should be ok about two weeks before season starts. think Im falling apart lol. where you boys playing?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

Ah hope it mends itself soon for you mate.

Brockington College, scouting mission is it?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

cheers bud.

yeah thinking about coming to have a look, see what we Will be up against!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
dave ash wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Scouse? Widds?

lol! flower lol!

Ouch Dave............I felt that from all the way over here!

I only wish the old forum was still in existence, I could recite the post you did before you knew me and we beat JBL 2-0! Always used to make me smile

Was that JBL division 6 and Gutho Div 4 not a bad result then really was it, that was the good old days though
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 8:44 am

dave ash wrote:
Was that JBL division 6 and Gutho Div 4 not a bad result then really was it, that was the good old days though

It was Div 4 title winning year, when we finished 3rd bottom. ok you spanked us about 6-0 in the reverse fixture, but still it was a good result!

I thought youd remember the game as one of your lads "kung Fu" kicked our manager (he was playing at the time, it wasnt Cantona esq)

after the game, you posted on the forum something like "bad day today, but their keeper was brilliant, could have shot all day and we wouldnt have scored"

in fact it must have impressed you that much as you, Herbie, Matty joined us the following year.

I only remember it as it's the only I've had a good game pale
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

Widds wrote:
hopefully not bud. ligaments in my pinky! should be ok about two weeks before season starts. think Im falling apart lol. where you boys playing?

Didn't know you had ligaments in this part of your anatomy?

Game on, managed to raise a team
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

Haha nice work Mark. the pinky on my hand
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

feel an inappropriate joke coming on...

thank the stars for 3G pitches!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 10:38 am

CalamityScouse wrote:
dave ash wrote:

It was Div 4 title winning year, when we finished 3rd bottom. ok you spanked us about 6-0 in the reverse fixture, but still it was a good result!

I thought youd remember the game as one of your lads "kung Fu" kicked our manager (he was playing at the time, it wasnt Cantona esq)

after the game, you posted on the forum something like "bad day today, but their keeper was brilliant, could have shot all day and we wouldnt have scored"

in fact it must have impressed you that much as you, Herbie, Matty joined us the following year.

I only remember it as it's the only I've had a good game pale

Alright Alright i forgot the altsimers is setting in more and more every day suppose i should of remembered as like you said you never had many good games. Have you been lobbed from 50 yards again lately lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 12:20 pm

Widds wrote:
Haha nice work Mark. the pinky on my hand

I thought you went to see the nurse about it, and she told you have to stop w#nki#g.

"why" you asked....She replied, "Because I'm trying to examine you."
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

Widds wrote:
cheers bud.

yeah thinking about coming to have a look, see what we Will be up against!

Might see you there then mate!

Wonder if the referee will be tough on the theatrics of the polish lads, I suspect not Razz
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

i heard they are under instruction from Mark himself!
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

If I'd of seen this earlier I would of nominated my services
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 9:54 pm

Sorry mate, Scouse got the gig!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

scouse is in goal? oh my, this game just got interesting ;-)
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 9:41 am

Widds wrote:
scouse is in goal? oh my, this game just got interesting ;-)

Probably even more so given the amount I sank last night No ........I'll just aim for the middle ball cyclops

Still, at least I'm not crying of with a pinky injury or anything else Suspect
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 9:57 am

and they said that organising an 'Alliance Representative XI' was impossible! You lot managed it inside 2 hours!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

Haha, Scouse, i was lying about my injury so i could go on pitch....although probably shouldnt have bothered!!! ;-)

Mark, if that team ever represents the Alliance, then the Alliance committee needs shooting lol
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

Fosse City 4 - 0 Widds' Alliance Allstars

Difficult to find the words to describe that game, so I won't bother trying!

It was, however, probably the biggest surprise the Alliance League has seen since NRI were only promoted 1 division at the end of the 2010/11 season after urinating all over division 4.

Just a quick thanks to Widds for scraping a team together late last night, to Mark for reffing again (although i'm not sure he left the centre circle), and to Scouse who was nothing short of heroic in keeping a clean sheet.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

you played better without the glove Widds. But the power of Facebook was impressive - forget organising the riots last year, getting a team together was much more practical
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

Widds wrote:

Mark, if that team ever represents the Alliance, then the Alliance committee needs shooting lol

I'll do it, i know just the ones i'd like to get rid of, firing squad at the ready just say the word.

Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

Cheers for all involved in game, enjoyed it - and the extra couple of hours in bed from normal start time helped!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

good 'shop window' performance from you today I thought Mark. Have that club I mentioned regretted standing at the dock whilst missing the boat sailing away from them?
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

no mate, still clubless, just enjoyed run out. Enjoy the banter with Capello (who despite all his mouth, we actually couldn't live with in first 20 odd mins until yesterday's game caught up with him)

today wasn't a trial or anything, Fosse where very honest about the situation. It was just to help them out, buy suited me as it got me match time.

What I can say is I have known them for a while now, and wouldn't hestitate to join them had they not already got an established number 1. Although Should they play Seaton in a friendly I maybe speaking with Jimmy for a half just for a giggle...

And of course I will repay the compliment, dispute it not being the most difficult game to ref (Widds theatrics aside in the first half) thought you did well......still not sure about those trousers though
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
no mate, still clubless, just enjoyed run out. Enjoy the banter with Capello (who despite all his mouth, we actually couldn't live with in first 20 odd mins until yesterday's game caught up with him)

today wasn't a trial or anything, Fosse where very honest about the situation. It was just to help them out, buy suited me as it got me match time.

What I can say is I have known them for a while now, and wouldn't hestitate to join them had they not already got an established number 1. Although Should they play Seaton in a friendly I maybe speaking with Jimmy for a half just for a giggle...

And of course I will repay the compliment, dispute it not being the most difficult game to ref (Widds theatrics aside in the first half) thought you did well......still not sure about those trousers though

Scouse another good clean sheet not, at least it was only four.

Surely theres someone out there looking for a good keeper, it won't be long before someone snaps you up, wish we needed a keeper but we have two,
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 5:41 pm

Dave - i did keep a clean sheet mate - as hard that is to believe!

As for teams, there are teams out there, and I've played a few friendlies, but I was really trying to find a team over Humberstone way.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:06 pm

I have witnessed some shizzle in my time but losing to a fosse team is an all time low Very Happy
First and last time that will happen i assure you!
Widds, words cannot describe the sight of you doing some kind of cruyff turn widds style.
Scouse, well done on the clean sheet, sure you will cherish that for years to come.
It all started off well, forced fosse into a change as cobbo was almost crying but as scouse said this was a scraped together team, like bottom of the barrel stuff and it was almost defence v attack all of the second half.
Cheers mark, scouse is correct you didn't move at all,(some things never change)
Cheers fosse
Thanks widds Suspect
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:26 pm

Capello wrote:
I have witnessed some shizzle in my time but losing to a fosse team is an all time low Very Happy
Widds, words cannot describe the sight of you doing some kind of cruyff turn widds style.
Scouse, well done on the clean sheet, sure you will cherish that for years to come.
It all started off well, forced fosse into a change as cobbo was almost crying but as scouse said this was a scraped together team, like bottom of the barrel stuff and it was almost defence v attack all of the second half.
Cheers mark, scouse is correct you didn't move at all,(some things never change)
Cheers fosse
Thanks widds Suspect

The change was pre arranged. But either way, needed to happen! I can assure you that I was nowhere near tears, much closer to death. I think my days as a flying full back are behind me (they never started).

Regardless, was a good laugh today & useful game time. Thanks to all involved.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:34 pm

Chomp chomp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

CHOMP CHOMP.. i threw the bait and you bit pal.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Capello wrote:
Cheers fosse
Thanks widds Suspect

What do you mean an all time low, thats your weekly standard, from what ive seen.

As for widds' turn, someones described it to me as, billy bunter slipping on a sausage roll.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

I think from the posts on here, we can see it was definitely played in good spirits and was a good laugh...decent bunch at Fosse (except that Jamie lad...).

The first half theatrics...ouch...have never been hit that hard (although there was nothing malicious in it).

When we started off with 4-2-3-1 formation we looked solid enough, and the lads knew their jobs, unfortunately a horrific lino 'moment' meant that Fosse's first goal hit us hard, with another goal shortly after destroying us as a team. In the last 30 minutes, i am not sure what was the most frightening scene for us, me up front replacing Jay Heighton, or Andy Ilnicki being alongside me in what must have been one of the most potent but immobile forward lines ever seen.

First game i have had Mark ref i believe and did a good job, let the game flow.

From our side, with only three outfield players that played over 3 games for us last season, i think its only fair to appraise just them:

Neil Veasey - try and score up the other end if you can, but a great finish none the less
Andy Ilnicki - would always be my silver foil in the world of Panini, class player, best left back i have seen, another good performance until he trotted into a progressive role
Dave Ilnicki - showed some exceptional tiki....but no taka.

Was good to see some of the NRI players that turned out in our very first match, in the orange again...Chicko, Jay Heighton and Chris 'two 21 year olds in one body' Day.

All in all, a good day to make some notes about one of our oppos from next season....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Capello wrote:
Cheers fosse
Thanks widds Suspect

What do you mean an all time low, thats your weekly standard, from what ive seen.

As for widds' turn, someones described it to me as, billy bunter slipping on a sausage roll.

I played defensive mid and left wing in the first half, when everyone knows i am whippet on the right wing or leader of the front line...played for the team...a lesson to all youth involved in the game...no 'i' in team...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper this Sunday please.    Keeper this Sunday please.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeper this Sunday please.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next