Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Kick Off Time

Go down 
+5
Polska legend II
Widds
Dodgy
Aussie Owl
Tomassi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 8:23 pm

Hey everyone hope you are all behaving yourselves and getting fit for next season!*

Missed my first Alliance season in 10 years last year due to a move to Australia.

Have joined a Sunday League team here in Perth and there are a few differences.

They have a max of 5 rolling subs and they also operate on 3 different kick off times - 11am, 1pm and 3pm.

The rolling subs probably wouldn't work but I wondered if the league ever considered having a 12.30pm or 1pm kick off times especially over winter months when the grounds take longer to thaw out? Just a thought, especially with ground shortages.

Best of luck for next season and will keep an eye out on LDA Spartan results Wink

*excluding Widds
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 8:29 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Hey everyone hope you are all behaving yourselves and getting fit for next season!*

Missed my first Alliance season in 10 years last year due to a move to Australia.

Have joined a Sunday League team here in Perth and there are a few differences.

They have a max of 5 rolling subs and they also operate on 3 different kick off times - 11am, 1pm and 3pm.

The rolling subs probably wouldn't work but I wondered if the league ever considered having a 12.30pm or 1pm kick off times especially over winter months when the grounds take longer to thaw out? Just a thought, especially with ground shortages.

Best of luck for next season and will keep an eye out on LDA Spartan results Wink

*excluding Widds

Lucky man - out in Oz - be with you soon, I hope.

Yes afternoon kick offs were tried by another Leicester League and suffered with boozey behaviour both on and off the pitch and so we decided not for us.

Our biggest problem now is the amount of water and not the frost. As far as pitches are concerned, there are more City Council pitches available now because of the continuing decline in the number of LSL clubs (now 32 at the latest count!)
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 8:35 pm

A nice cold beer is waiting here for you Dennis!

Thats fair enough. The aussies are lightweights, some of the players don't show for 3pm after a session the night before!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Dodgy

Dodgy

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

How come the Alliance arent implementing the roll on subs rule, if its available why not take advantage?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

tom, pre season goes as well as ever!

dodgy, a lot of problems with rolling subs, you have to give 30 seconds per substitute which could lead to matches lasting far too long. Takes the skills of your manager away as well, that last throw of the dice where you load your forward line, not a risk if you can take them off again. think there are more issues but i am not au fait with them
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

Widds from this season it is a directive being trialed by the FA, Im not implying we make it up its there to be used I believe by Step 7 and below plus Sunday football,

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NewsAndFeatures/2012/rolling-subs-060612

only players that have been on the field of play are allowed back on and it still carries only a 3 sub rule,

and I think it will enhance a managers skills, do you load all your forwards and sacrifice the defence or load the defence and just soak up pressure, many more problems plus it'll get rid of the stupid rule where you used all 3 subs and some idiot smashes your forward and he gets injured putting you at a disadvantage, problem solved, also will stops subs using all the hot water in the shower

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

It may take off in future years but it is better suited for kids and youth football. No one's had a problem with the current set up for years, can't think of the benefit of it now
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:31 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
It may take off in future years but it is better suited for kids and youth football. No one's had a problem with the current set up for years, can't think of the benefit of it now

The people that dont have a problem with it are people that have been around for ages, there have numerous calls for rolling subs over the years or an extra sub during extra time, OLD people are scared of change Platini and Blatter and prime culprits, thats what the problem is

Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:21 am

Dodgy wrote:
How come the Alliance arent implementing the roll on subs rule, if its available why not take advantage?

I agree, I would personally like this rule to be implemented.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:29 am

But again I don't see the benefit of it, and it seems change for changes sake. Ok Italy screwed up last week when using up all their subs but that was a calculated risk. I think at our level it puts added pressure on the referee to keep on top of things
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:30 am

PS wouldn't like to think I'm old
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:47 am

Rolling subs?? Nah, no need!

I'd of thought kick offs could be put back to 12 through the cold winter months though
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:52 am

see what you are saying dodgy, i actually had a look a couple of weeks ago at a forum in newcastle while trying to organise a friendly, they were totally against it. You and Dan are the first i have heard in favour, i wonder if there are more in favour who haven't said?

Not sure it would enhance a managers performance though, because they could make a change knowing that if it works great, if not, then change it back and try something else...
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 12:45 pm

I am not aware of any Leicester adult league (other than vets) who are taking it up.

It was explained at the A G M and, on the Committee's recommendation, it was not supported.

The number of subs who can play and who have to be nominated is down to the League. We have changed from 3 from 5 to 3 from 7 which is where we were 2 seasons ago.

Thankfully, the Alliance Committee does not entirely consist of fogies.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

Rolling subs is certainly not for me but I think he raises a really interesting point regarding kick off times... Knowing as we do that the past 2 seasons have been hit with 5/6 weeks of frozen off games, why not preempt this and move games back, maybe only an hour but just to give more of a chance in the colder weather
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

why not start the season 6 weeks earlier and have games called off due to waterlogged pitches? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 6:31 am

Dennis any chance we can bring things forward to 9-30 Kick off, i wanna get my dinner earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kick Off Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick Off Time   Kick Off Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kick Off Time
Page 1 of 1