Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Looking for a side for the coming season

Go down 
+8
Joey Barton
Jim royle
oily
Jimmyb
Capello
Paulo
CalamityScouse
Vintage 9
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Vintage 9

Looking for a side for the coming season Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

If anyone is looking for any players for the coming season, please inbox me.

Ideally around the Wigston area.

Able to play anywhere down the middle of the pitch and reliable.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

Makes a great centre back Very Happy

Nope, I can vouch for him, good player, reliable and great to have around.

Reasons for seeking a new team will become very apparent in the none to distant future. But nothing to with his ability.

Hey, he may even be able to bring a few more players with him!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

Thought Gutho was carrying on Scouse?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

I would love to confirm that we are, but some things have happened that have perhaps effected our plans.

I cant say them on the forum yet as some things need confirming, its not my place, but im sure it will come out soon enough. These things usually do.

But if everything happens that I expect to happen, then 4/5 of us will be looking for a new club.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Jeyes is good enough definately for division 2 standard. Sure there will be intrest big man. Although if your looking to add pace. Suspect
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:46 pm

I would agree with that Capello, we were lucky to have some of the lads we did in Div 2, and Jeyes was (fitness permitting) 1 of them.

Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 9:21 pm

Good player and a good bloke, would be an asset to any team.

Scouse, the rumours are true then! Didn't realise it involved so many so that Gutho wouldn't be able to continue!
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

Yes Jimmy - sadly from my point of view it is true, and at last count it was at least 8. Despite my best efforts.

Ontop of losing our player manager already, plus 1 or 2 others for the reason you elude to (ie they dont want to return to what effectively would have to be a new team) and operating on a very small squad to begin with, it left us with only a maximum of 6 that we could sign on. Even if we did get the 3/4 for from Throops as planned, it still wouldn't be a team.

So it is game over for Gutho, for the second tine after we thought it was salvaged. The league are aware of our position, and my thoughts on the issue.

So along with Jeyes, I will/am looking for a new team. it'll be a bit foreign to me having stayed loyal to Gutho for the past 6 years, but hopefully sort something soon.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:45 pm

Always had close games against you boys wiill be missed by webbys.
Any centre forwards going who can score me 25 goals.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 9:58 am

Looks like its gona be a struggle then Scouse, Which is a massive shame. I'm sure you'll have no problems finding a new team. Just out of interest, who are the other lads who'll be on the lookout for a new club?

A few of our lads are part of the secret revolution too!
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

no struggle Jimmy - as we've resigned, Ive spent far to long this summer looking for a solution. I'm not wasting anymore.

As for a new team, been speaking with 3 potential clubs 2 of which I have massive respect for and 1 I don't know much about, but heard good things from the league and is much more local to me, but all already have keepers. I'm not to keen on going in on stepping on peoples toes. I'm not stating I'd be gaurantee'd first choice or anything, and I'm not adverse to having the odd week on the bench (hell I've spent 6 seasons having time watching from sidelines and still stuck around as many people can probably vouch for ). I just think it's different for keepers, it's not like outfield players were you get 10 or 20 minutes here or there. you either play or don't. if I'm / somebody else is getting up on a Sunday morning you at least like to know you have a chance of getting a kick

I think there must be a team out there without someone willing to stand between sticks week in, week out, who don't mind that sacrifice for the odd mistake here and there

If you have players involved then you'll know how it's all transpired, I'm not bothered to much about that, or the lads involved. The only thing raised my abrows was their prospective division that they are asking for.

I'll pm you players available, naming them on Forum is not really my place.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

If chi is available he is a very good player not played enough by gutho but will score plenty of goals. Scouse i know a team that are looking for a keeper i believe div1.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

Chi is available Capello, he was due to come back to us, but because of other events he now clearly can't.

if he was or wasn't underutilized is an interesting question, he certainly performed very well in the 2 half an hours he got against you boys. Mainly as nothing intimidates him, were as the preferred option in Sim who has been our leading scorer for many a years tended to get bullied out of certain games against savvy opponents. it was a very hot topic of debate in our squad which one should start with the opinion they couldn't play together.

Regardless of our internal debate, he is a good player, and honest a god one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. I'm sure if he wanted to find a team he could, I think rumours are that he is going to start playing Saturdays from next year.

Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

Have to respect any one that doesn't want to go into a new team and step on people's toes, happens all to often!
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

Last edited by Joey Barton on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Chi is available Capello, he was due to come back to us, but because of other events he now clearly can't.

if he was or wasn't underutilized is an interesting question, he certainly performed very well in the 2 half an hours he got against you boys. Mainly as nothing intimidates him, were as the preferred option in Sim who has been our leading scorer for many a years tended to get bullied out of certain games against savvy opponents. it was a very hot topic of debate in our squad which one should start with the opinion they couldn't play together.

Regardless of our internal debate, he is a good player, and honest a god one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet. I'm sure if he wanted to find a team he could, I think rumours are that he is going to start playing Saturdays from next year.

Sim played for us sunday, His speed is unreal!!

Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:17 pm

who ever signs jeyes will have a top bloke.. played with jeyes at 3 clubs and alwyas been a top player
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:29 pm

He'd be ideal for us but think were a little to far away from where he's based
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

Jeyes', there would be a place for you at St. Patrick's vets - surely you qualify by now?!!
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

Blackie, hows the injury?
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

Its good mate, went for kickabout at Humberstone Park with a couple of lads last week, ended up training with the Azul/Pochin boys and had my 1st match for St. Pats vets on Sunday against Niffy (although we were the keeper short so I had to go in goal!)

Had no side effects, managed to keep myself fit and looking forward to the new season. You know what happened with Birstall so I just need to find myself a new team..
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 2:41 pm

Cough cough, free Sunday then?
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

Blackie wrote:
Jeyes', there would be a place for you at St. Patrick's vets - surely you qualify by now?!!

I'm afraid not yet Blackie, people do think that after the 17 years i've played in the Alliance league.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:

The game at our place v gutho was quality, obviously simeon was the main threat so first 5 minutes he got an accidental kick/scrape of studs from riggers and moved over to the right, unfortunately for him i am no slouch either so he tried his luck with the left side, once again danny piper is no slouch.

Chi is a different player, very strong and good shot, i believe i may of bounced off him when attempting a tackleo of some sort
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

Capello wrote:

The game at our place v gutho was quality, obviously simeon was the main threat so first 5 minutes he got an accidental kick/scrape of studs from riggers and moved over to the right, unfortunately for him i am no slouch either so he tried his luck with the left side, once again danny piper is no slouch.

Chi is a different player, very strong and good shot, i believe i may of bounced off him when attempting a tackleo of some sort

Mate you want to see him changing rooms..... chiselled ain't the word....

as for you being no slouch...erm...cough..cough Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

Looking for a bite CALAMITY scouse? Haha.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 9:38 pm

don't need a bite mate - we were both warming the bench in the second game remember Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

gattuso wrote:
who ever signs jeyes will have a top bloke.. played with jeyes at 3 clubs and alwyas been a top player

better looking than you as well, top bloke i would jump at the chance.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 12:22 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
don't need a bite mate - we were both warming the bench in the second game remember Suspect

For two differnt reasons pal, played the reserve in that game at left back for us.

You were dropped because of your terrible performances prior to that game.

Found a team yet?
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

ahhh touché my young adversary

Although technically it wasn't due to to my poor performance, I was actually injured about 10 games prior and the gaffer thought that the other guy deserved to continue (which I will grant you since he was playing upfront prior to to my injury is still not the best defence)...still I thank that we had linos that game as my flag arm was getting a bit to much practice in the 9 previous games!

and no mate. Like I said, problems with all the clubs id like to join / have talked to.

I wouldn't mind Trinderbox as they play on the same ground as we did and Steve Kirk is one of the best Secs around, but they have a guy there who went there mid last season when they where getting thumped every week, so my guess is / hope is that they will stick loyal with him. He deserves a full season. Plus he's actually a fairly decent keeper so not sure I could dislodge him anyway.

I spoke with Webbys as I know Mary well and she also runs a great club, plus I knew Matty their usual lad was out for surgery. But they have signed a young lad on who was with Kajima last year, who I believe is friendly with the lads they have down there. So its only right they give him a crack.

The only other club I approached, who I know very little about is FC Pochin, who play right on my doorstep (I could literally throw a stone onto their ground). But they also already have a keeper, but the difference being he plays on pitch as well. But Im not sure if I fancy Div 5, but as long as its a good club with good lads & set up, I can get over that.

as I said, my ideal would be a club without someone already, but no further than Wigston.

Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

Hellboy wrote:
gattuso wrote:

better looking than you as well, top bloke i would jump at the chance.

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
ahhh touché my young adversary

Although technically it wasn't due to to my poor performance, I was actually injured about 10 games prior and the gaffer thought that the other guy deserved to continue (which I will grant you since he was playing upfront prior to to my injury is still not the best defence)...still I thank that we had linos that game as my flag arm was getting a bit to much practice in the 9 previous games!

and no mate. Like I said, problems with all the clubs id like to join / have talked to.

I wouldn't mind Trinderbox as they play on the same ground as we did and Steve Kirk is one of the best Secs around, but they have a guy there who went there mid last season when they where getting thumped every week, so my guess is / hope is that they will stick loyal with him. He deserves a full season. Plus he's actually a fairly decent keeper so not sure I could dislodge him anyway.

I spoke with Webbys as I know Mary well and she also runs a great club, plus I knew Matty their usual lad was out for surgery. But they have signed a young lad on who was with Kajima last year, who I believe is friendly with the lads they have down there. So its only right they give him a crack.

The only other club I approached, who I know very little about is FC Pochin, who play right on my doorstep (I could literally throw a stone onto their ground). But they also already have a keeper, but the difference being he plays on pitch as well. But Im not sure if I fancy Div 5, but as long as its a good club with good lads & set up, I can get over that.

as I said, my ideal would be a club without someone already, but no further than Wigston.

so, Mark, what DID actually happen? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

Come on Mark - your on the committee - I'm sure you know

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

i'm too busy oranising friendlies for everyone! I know nothing I assure you
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

Then i'm afraid you will have to speak to one of them in the know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a side for the coming season   Looking for a side for the coming season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a side for the coming season
Page 1 of 1