Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Team of the Month for December / January

Go down 
+18
Pete Mourinho
LoneRanger38
dk4632
Capello
PEEWEE
OBSERVER
RM05
Sparta3
Hellboy
Katie G
Gifford
Fishandchips
Paulo
shawry1984
Polska legend II
Hairy Hebrew!
Widds
Aussie Owl
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who is Team of the Month for December / January?
Sparta Moshdock
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap31%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 9 ]
Star & Garter
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap10%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Leicester Foxes OB
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap14%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
MDH Knights
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap17%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
Superfly
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap21%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
LDA Spartans
Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_lcap7%Team of the Month for December / January I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Team of the Month for December / January Empty
PostSubject: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 6:55 pm

Who do think? A match ball to the winner

Sparta Moshdock P6 W5 L1 20-11
Quorn Royals 2008 Home 3-1 Sunday Premier Cup
Kirby Muxloe Rangers Home 5-1
Wigston Car Breakers Away 2-5 aet Sunday Premier Cup
Kirby Muxloe Rangers Away 4-2
Premier Sports Travel Away 2-0
Magna 73 Rangers Home 4-2 Moore Cup

Star & Garter P5 W4 D1 22-4
Intersport Home 4-0 Intermediate Cup
Niffy Rangers Home 9-1
FC Hob Home 2-2, 4-3 pens Intermediate Cup
Fosse City Home 5-0 Walton Cup
Dunton & Broughton Home 2-1 Walton Cup

Leicester Foxes OB P5 W5 19-6
KS Leicester Polska Away 4-1
Guthlaxton OB Home 6-1
Webbys Wanderers Home 1-0
Wigston United Away 3-2
Epworth Forest OB Home 5-2 Foster Cup

MDH Knights P5 W4 D1 26-7
Saffron Lounge Bar Sunday Home 2-0 Sunday Shield
Reem Team Away 3-3
Oadby Owls Mens Away 3-1 Sunday Shield
DME Conservatories Away 7-3
Birstall Rangers Home 11-0 Foster Cup

Superfly P4 W4 22-4
Niffy Rangers Reserves Home 7-0
AFC Bees Knees Home 7-1
NRI Reserves Home 3-1
North Kilworth Sunday Away 5-2

LDA Spartans P6 W5 D1 20-9
AFC Syston Away 6-3 Sunday Trophy
Queniborough Park Rangers Home 2-0
Thurmaston 2011 Away 1-1
Leicestershire Constabulary Away 3-2 Sunday Trophy
Kajima Away 5-3
Dukla Hillside Away 2-0
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

Moshdock lost one but are still in for the vote? Dont disagree with this, think its a good idea to have a team in that has had a good set of results, they get my vote!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

Mine too
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

yes, but the loss was extra time to Car Breakers! Bet it felt like a win at the time!
Back to top Go down
shawry1984

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 9:19 pm

surely npe should be in with a shout
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
yes, but the loss was extra time to Car Breakers! Bet it felt like a win at the time!

Ahhh thanks for the explanation!

For me its got to be clear cut, one of the big problems we have is teams getting to the Prem and then folding, and here is a team showing that if you stick together and have a pop you might just ruffle some feathers!!!

On a side note, i might be a good idea to have a team thrown in that has a good set of results even if they havent gone unbeaten?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

thurmaston or friar lane for their wins?

Think MDH or Moshdock for me with maybe Moshdock pipping it for similar reasons to Widds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 9:49 am

Gone for us not surprisingly, after the poor start we had losing 4 of the first 5 games in the league and looking like a sure thing for the bottom 2 we have turned things around and still going in 2 cups as well!

Us aside think LDA or Moshdock, Moshdock pretty much for the reasons mentioned above (and the fact they are the first team i remember seeing up for the vote despite losing a game must mean someone on the committee likes them Wink ), LDA stand out from the others too as I don't think it's expected from them and they have put together a really good run of form, doing the Alliance proud in the County cup too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

Nice to see us on there after winning every game haha shock
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

you lost the first game in December Gifford, County Cup.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

not sure you should have a team in there that's lost one personally......if we're going there (despite who they lost to and how) then Magna played 7 won 6 (including to unbeaten Huncote) lost 1 (top of the table clash to NRI). Surely even grounds to be in there based on the above??

(Given the curse of team of the month, we don't want it, but think I've got a fair point!)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:23 am

Magna Town gets my vote, for having a gorgeous secretary.....you should see the state of some of them.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:38 am

Hellboy wrote:
Magna Town gets my vote, for having a gorgeous secretary.....you should see the state of some of them.
You clearly haven't seen me on a Sunday morning!!!
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:45 am

Fishandchips wrote:
poor forgot about that haha who did we play ?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:51 am

Fishandchips wrote:

Gone for us not surprisingly, after the poor start we had losing 4 of the first 5 games in the league and looking like a sure thing for the bottom 2 we have turned things around and still going in 2 cups as well!

Us aside think LDA or Moshdock, Moshdock pretty much for the reasons mentioned above (and the fact they are the first team i remember seeing up for the vote despite losing a game must mean someone on the committee likes them Wink ), LDA stand out from the others too as I don't think it's expected from them and they have put together a really good run of form, doing the Alliance proud in the County cup too.

Very nice to see us nominated, and mentioned. We tend to float under the radar usually.

Certain circumstances may have resulted in a 100% record too.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

MT Sec wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
You clearly haven't seen me on a Sunday morning!!!

You cant look any worse than that one on the next pitch to yours, i think he frightens animals away.
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

I vote Superfly, results speak for themselves 4 in 4.....
Back to top Go down
OBSERVER

OBSERVER

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

Surely foxes or superfly as they have won all games played? or dont you have to win all your games anymore?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

Gifford wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:
poor forgot about that haha who did we play ?

Ashby Rovers I think mate, last seasons beaten finalists.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm

OBSERVER wrote:
Surely foxes or superfly as they have won all games played? or dont you have to win all your games anymore?

never had to win all of your games (although it helps) just be unbeaten!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
OBSERVER wrote:

never had to win all of your games (although it helps) just be unbeaten!
So surely Moshdock shouldn't be in the running??? How many other teams have played 6 or 7 and lost just one?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 1:20 pm

As i said, in my opinion they deserve to be in there because the one defeat was to Wigston Car Breakers in extra time, and they also boast a win over Prem Sports. With all due respect to some of the 'unbeaten' sides (100%) for the month, these sides are clearly a class above their rivals and again, in my opinion only, have only done what is expected of them. Also i think there may have been a lack of contenders with a 100% record for the shortlist
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

I do agree with you Katie, opens up a can of worms.....

not really fair on the other teams with a similar record to theirs or those who have gone the month unbeaten if they lose out to them, think they are favourites though especially as they have been included where most in thier psoition over looked (not saying their achivement in the prem hasn't been fantastic, it has but if you bend the rules for one........)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

don't think there are any 'rules' as such?
Back to top Go down
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
As i said, in my opinion they deserve to be in there because the one defeat was to Wigston Car Breakers in extra time, and they also boast a win over Prem Sports. With all due respect to some of the 'unbeaten' sides (100%) for the month, these sides are clearly a class above their rivals and again, in my opinion only, have only done what is expected of them. Also i think there may have been a lack of contenders with a 100% record for the shortlist

Have to disagree there, look back at Superfly's results...we got spanked by nri reserves, also lost to a very good phoenix side also Birstall Rangers, Superfly are definitely not a class above the rest, just some good signings during the transfer window that have changed things for them. Obviously i am being biased as a player but to go and beat nri reserves in the return match (quite comfortably) and beat top of the table away 5-2 shows what hard work Nick, Jay and Daz have put in, as well as the players themselves obviously.

Regardless of who wins it, well done to all the teams that have been nominated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:08 pm

Moshdock shouldnt win it, because they have been beaten during this run, my opinion, cue the rebellion, controversial but thats life, to me all the teams mentioned have won but how about basing it on not just winning, why cant it be about team spirit and commitment and factors such as these, i better not mention pothunters again, but when you look at some of these teams, they know who they are...big yawn.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:12 pm

take the point on both of the above, but my point about Superfly is that clearly they are now a force to be reckoned with (and fair play to them for that). Also, shouldn't Star & Garter be played 5 won 5? (Although that would, for me, put them in the same category as Leicester Foxes - i.e. way ahead of their divisional rivals
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
take the point on both of the above, but my point about Superfly is that clearly they are now a force to be reckoned with (and fair play to them for that). Also, shouldn't Star & Garter be played 5 won 5? (Although that would, for me, put them in the same category as Leicester Foxes - i.e. way ahead of their divisional rivals

Your talking dribble mark i am afraid to say regarding foxes, Yes we played 5, won 5 but then look back before making statements that we are way ahead of our divisionial rivals. in the 5 Games we won Guthlaxton were top when we played them i believe and we beat them 6-1 and webbys had beaten us 3-0 just a few weeks before we beat them. Anyway i don' t want to play with a cheap stanno so give it one of the leagues golden teams.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

i agree that webbys are a strong side (as are gutho) and did indeed beat you, but gutho being top around november / december time in reality means very little (and once the points won from hurricanes and st patricks were wiped they went down the league). i maintain that foxes are still streets ahead with a great squad, and fair play to you, you have moved up a gear and will be in div 1 next season.

and yes i do talk dribble i admit but please go easy on us on sunday Laughing
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:27 pm

so if you take out Star & Garter, Superfly and Foxes because they are way ahead of their rivals,

and take out Moshdock beacuse they have lost one.....

.....only leaves MDH and LDA as genuine contenders Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:27 pm

PEEWEE wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Have to disagree there, look back at Superfly's results...we got spanked by nri reserves, also lost to a very good phoenix side also Birstall Rangers, Superfly are definitely not a class above the rest, just some good signings during the transfer window that have changed things for them. Obviously i am being biased as a player but to go and beat nri reserves in the return match (quite comfortably) and beat top of the table away 5-2 shows what hard work Nick, Jay and Daz have put in, as well as the players themselves obviously.

I think that the problem is that a lot of new players have been brought in, and the names of players banded about suggests that many are much too good for that division, again, as Mark says - fair play for getting them in, Moshdock didnt lose in normal time and are top three in the prem, personally, i think its recognition for them staying together and not folding in the prem, they are an example to other teams not to be frightened of the prem.

If you are looking for teams that have battled and done well with the players they have, then you surely have to give it to LDA Spartans who still have the same team they started the season with near as dammit....

But, as you say, well done to all teams, including Superfly who have brought players in and turned things round very well, hope it continues for Nick and the boys... cheers
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

both of whom have drawn games! let's roll it out to February (which is likely to be snowed off all month) so let's roll it out to March Laughing
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:30 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
both of whom have drawn games! let's roll it out to February (which is likely to be snowed off all month) so let's roll it out to March Laughing

You've got me on that one!

cheers
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Good luck to all who are down for team of the month were all there for a reason wether its improving your team or a good run of results, as for transfers of players thats what its all about bringing in players that will help improve your team us at superfly have literally only bought in friends from other teams no pothunters,ie matt garner a close froend of mine and paul bibby both were signed for foxes but wasnt playing due to out of football reasons so to be fair matty had only played in friendlies for foxes and bibby had been wasted playin in goal and then ryan mason n david rourke again friends wanted to join there mates bibby n matty n then we have a host of other lads signed up all unattached that played saturdays or for glenny united in lsl wen they was running so now its literally a whole team of mates that were bought up together..i do think lda or sparta edge us in terms of team of the month though
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

Widds wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

I think that the problem is that a lot of new players have been brought in, and the names of players banded about suggests that many are much too good for that division, again, as Mark says - fair play for getting them in, Moshdock didnt lose in normal time and are top three in the prem, personally, i think its recognition for them staying together and not folding in the prem, they are an example to other teams not to be frightened of the prem.

If you are looking for teams that have battled and done well with the players they have, then you surely have to give it to LDA Spartans who still have the same team they started the season with near as dammit....

But, as you say, well done to all teams, including Superfly who have brought players in and turned things round very well, hope it continues for Nick and the boys... cheers

come on Widds where is your fellow division 3 support? if you take a look at our results we did you a little favour in there Wink

Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 3:34 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
Widds wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

come on Widds where is your fellow division 3 support? if you take a look at our results we did you a little favour in there Wink

Division Three support for me all day long......MDH to win

Completely disagree with Moshdosk being there, regardless of who or how, they lost, therefore should not be team of the month

The rest is down to opinions for me as already has been said Star, Foxes & Superfly are good teams that are probably going to finish top two at the end of the season, team of the month, in my humble opinion and I'm not always right (just don't tell the Huncote boys that) should be award to a team that has performance expectational during the month.

Therefore given MDH's start in the league 1 win in the first 5 I believe they get my vote for the last two months turnaround

Plus I hope the cruse of team of the month kicks in as we have to play them twice lol!

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

I say we let Widds decide Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
I say we let Widds decide Wink

What power to wield!! haha

Some good comments above, and to be fair, MDH have done really well and have got themselves sorted, i would like them to win something this year as well, not sure who else is in the same cups as them....

Ok, match ball each to Sparta and MDH!!! Joint team of the month!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 4:38 pm

Let's just forget the whole thing and give it to Thurmaston 2011 who won their FIRST EVER LEAGUE GAME last weekend and have been going all season in the face of some adverse results and difficult times...
Back to top Go down
reffin hell

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 5:18 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:
Widds wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Division Three support for me all day long......MDH to win

Completely disagree with Moshdosk being there, regardless of who or how, they lost, therefore should not be team of the month

The rest is down to opinions for me as already has been said Star, Foxes & Superfly are good teams that are probably going to finish top two at the end of the season, team of the month, in my humble opinion and I'm not always right (just don't tell the Huncote boys that) should be award to a team that has performance expectational during the month.

Therefore given MDH's start in the league 1 win in the first 5 I believe they get my vote for the last two months turnaround

Plus I hope the cruse of team of the month kicks in as we have to play them twice lol!

I would have to agree with the above. After seeing them early on it looked terrible, I've not seen them lately but that seems a real turn around so well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Team of the Month for December / January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team of the Month for December / January
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next