Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

New Teams

Go down 
+16
Snash
Paulo
chubby
PEEWEE
Hellboy
tobester29
Fishandchips
Widds
spartano1
talbotkeeper
Stroller
Sparta3
greeeedy
fact reporter
Alliance Journo
dan_mitchell_WRFC
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

There are a hell of alot of new teams out there, across all 8 divisions anyone know anything about any of them?

We played Thurmaston 2011 with a weakened side and lost 3-1, very good bunch of young lads, might find it tough in division 4 for their first season. Had endless amounts of substitutes so i can't see them going under.
Back to top Go down
Alliance Journo

Alliance Journo

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

Aylestone Athletic - Possibly Aylestone United from LSL?
Aylestone Lounge - Have a side in the Leicester District, more suited for Sunday football with beers on the side etc
Blaby Vikings-
CSKA Carnabys Reserves - reserve team of a very substandard sunday team
CSKA Sporting -
DME Conservatories (Sparta Parva) - well run side by Tom, not really a new side.
Dukla Hillside - Old boys of LSL, know how Sundays go.
Dynamite Rangers - Not Hockley Rangers as some people have suggested
Epworth Forest OB - Marc Sherlock, ex Kauto and Kingsway Rangers player's team
FC City of Leicester -
FC Hoskins Reserves - Bound to be a good side
Friar Lane - Young side, just finished U18's
Global Athletic - HPR part 2?
Humberstone 2000
Kaffir Inn -
Kajima
LDA Spartans (Sparta Parva Res) - No Gaz as he's gone to set up his Premier League winning team to compete with Chelsea etc
Reem Team - Seasoned Saturday players team
Royalist
St Marks
The Firs Old Boys
The Gate Hangs Well
Thurmaston WMP 2009 - Good side from LSL
Thurmaston 2011
White Eagles

Back to top Go down
fact reporter

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

you got LDA SPARTANS and DME wrong way round mate
Back to top Go down
fact reporter

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

the firs old boys won division 1 of the leicester sunday league resigning wigston car breakers to the runners up spot

not 100 % sure of this but thats what im told
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

fact reporter wrote:
the firs old boys won division 1 of the leicester sunday league resigning wigston car breakers to the runners up spot

not 100 % sure of this but thats what im told

yep me too
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

Alliance Journo wrote:
DME Conservatories (Sparta Parva) - well run side by Tom, not really a new side.LDA Spartans (Sparta Parva Res) - No Gaz as he's gone to set up his Premier League winning team to compete with Chelsea etc

These are the wrong way round - Gaz did the first team, Tom the reserves. Tom is no longer involved, though.

St Marks - Set up by a couple of Azul Zorros players
Gate Hangs Well - West End United, who folded last season
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

From what I know The Firs Old Boys are many of the old Black Dog/The Wheel lads.

Certainly weren't playing LSL last year and deffo not pot hunters.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

Stroller wrote:
From what I know The Firs Old Boys are many of the old Black Dog/The Wheel lads.

Certainly weren't playing LSL last year and deffo not pot hunters.

not the old aylestone then?
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

Definitely not
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

Dukla Hillside came runners up in div 3 lsl and then come to the alliance div 5 ???????????
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

Firs old boys are some of the old black dog 110% not pot hunters i have been asked to play in goal for them so defo not lol, just group of lads playing for a laugh on a sunday morning
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

talbotkeeper wrote:
Dukla Hillside came runners up in div 3 lsl and then come to the alliance div 5 ???????????

trust me mate you have no worries.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

spartano1 wrote:
Firs old boys are some of the old black dog 110% not pot hunters i have been asked to play in goal for them so defo not lol, just group of lads playing for a laugh on a sunday morning

This is what I know too........Pete Norman...................Gaz Norman etc etc
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

Stroller wrote:
spartano1 wrote:

yes pete norman is running it, they asked me to go in goal for them, in div 6 i would expect them to be top 4 though
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Royalist - Another Harborough team been playing in Kettering league i think and not done anything to shout about, 1 or 2 players decent but would expect mid-table at best?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
tobester29

tobester29

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Widds wrote:
talbotkeeper wrote:

bit harsh! have u seen us play or played us then? we have got a decent squad if we keep everyone fit
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

spartano1 wrote:
Stroller wrote:
spartano1 wrote:

yes pete norman is running it, they asked me to go in goal for them, in div 6 i would expect them to be top 4 though

New Teams Southall
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

Haha Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

tobester29 wrote:
Widds wrote:
talbotkeeper wrote:

bit harsh! have u seen us play or played us then? we have got a decent squad if we keep everyone fit

sorry bud, no offence meant. I just think you are in the right division and talbot doesn't need to worry about you being in wrong division. Yeah played you a couple of times and my old team beat you boys to the title last season, and knowing that team, you are in the right division for first season
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

Widds wrote:
sorry bud, no offence meant. I just think you are in the right division and talbot doesn't need to worry about you being in wrong division. Yeah played you a couple of times and my old team beat you boys to the title last season, and knowing that team, you are in the right division for first season

What do you mean by "for your first season"? Surely the right division is the right division, regardless of whether it's their first, second or tenth season?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

Because for your first season you shouldnt be put in a division where you are going to get relegated or are going to be losing more games than you win....i would say that Dukla probably wouldnt look out of place in about 3 divisions - 6,5 and 4 so the 5th division is probably right for their first year...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 5:25 pm

Who's DME conservatories when they're around, never heard that as a business?
Back to top Go down
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 5:35 pm

west end utd reserves played a division 3 lsl side last season and drew, should have even won, we were playing division 6 and held our own against them, when they folded I went to play for superfly, there aint a lot of difference between divs 4 -6 in my opinion, I don't fear who my team plays this season, as widds quite rightly stated in a different post, you have to jump each hurdle in front of you, regardless of how good people say they are. I think division 5 will be interesting this season, with a base of the teams still around from last season along with new additions, I'm looking forward to it regardless of "pothunters"!!! Its sunday league and about enjoying yourselves!!! Not like its the champions league is it???
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
chubby

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 8:11 pm

PEEWEE wrote:
west end utd reserves played a division 3 lsl side last season and drew, should have even won, we were playing division 6 and held our own against them, when they folded I went to play for superfly, there aint a lot of difference between divs 4 -6 in my opinion, I don't fear who my team plays this season, as widds quite rightly stated in a different post, you have to jump each hurdle in front of you, regardless of how good people say they are. I think division 5 will be interesting this season, with a base of the teams still around from last season along with new additions, I'm looking forward to it regardless of "pothunters"!!! Its sunday league and about enjoying yourselves!!! Not like its the champions league is it???

You playing for The Gate Hangs Well then.
Back to top Go down
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 11:53 pm

chubby wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:

Well rumour has it scrappy and advance are also keen on signing me mate!!! Thought I would hold off for a season though and sign for the gate hangs well LOL. where you playing next season???
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 8:30 am

The City Of Leicester team is a team from made up from SGP Enterprise- their first friednly lost 11-1 to Harrow, so not pot hunting and in right division

Fir Olds Boys is exactly what has been mentioned above
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 8:38 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
The City Of Leicester team is a team from made up from SGP Enterprise- their first friednly lost 11-1 to Harrow, so not pot hunting and in right division

Fir Olds Boys is exactly what has been mentioned above

To be fair though, friendlies dont mean alot do they?? im not and will not dispute anyone being put in the wrong divisions as i think the leagues hands are tied and they do try there best, but anyone could play their friendlies then make 5 or 6 quality signings at the end of pre season and absolutely smash a league, the joys of sunday footy i suppose hey!!!
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 8:55 am

Alliance Journo wrote:
Aylestone Lounge - Have a side in the Leicester District, more suited for Sunday football with beers on the side etc
Blaby Vikings-
CSKA Carnabys Reserves - reserve team of a very substandard sunday team
CSKA Sporting -
DME Conservatories (Sparta Parva) - well run side by Tom, not really a new side.
FC City of Leicester -
Global Athletic - HPR part 2?Humberstone 2000
Kaffir Inn -
Kajima
LDA Spartans (Sparta Parva Res) - No Gaz as he's gone to set up his Premier League winning team to compete with Chelsea etc
Royalist
St Marks
The Firs Old Boys
The Gate Hangs Well
Thurmaston 2011
White Eagles

Not much connection with HPR, other than myself and 2 others who left after the Dee debacle.

We are more than happy to be underestimated though

Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Humberstone 2000 are the original lads from Humberstone Rangers when they joined the league in 2007 as they had finished in the Youth League.

Back to top Go down
chubby

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jun 2011, 9:17 am

PEEWEE wrote:
chubby wrote:
PEEWEE wrote:

Well rumour has it scrappy and advance are also keen on signing me mate!!! Thought I would hold off for a season though and sign for the gate hangs well LOL. where you playing next season???

Hopefully same place as you, saw a few of the lads and they asked if me and Pez was interested so hopefully they still want us.
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

[quote="Snash"]
Alliance Journo wrote:
Blaby Vikings-
CSKA Carnabys Reserves - reserve team of a very substandard sunday team (waves hello)
CSKA Sporting -
FC City of Leicester -
Global Athletic - HPR part 2?Humberstone 2000
Kaffir Inn -
Kajima
Royalist
St Marks
The Firs Old Boys
The Gate Hangs Well
Thurmaston 2011
White Eagles

Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

Yeah Sparta Parva is no longer, DME Conservatories is a few lads from the former first team to be run by Dean Evans... LDA Spartans is the remains of Sparta (Reserves) to be run by Ken and Nathan. Im jetting off on my travels for 5+ years with a view to moving down under so been nice knowing you all Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

Shame to see Sparta Parva dissappear, I remember seeing them play a few times when Rob Bell and Ben Sharman played for them last season in division 2. Both quality players.
Back to top Go down
Alliance Journo

Alliance Journo

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

Tom Measures, local legend in Sunday football.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Yeah Sparta Parva is no longer, DME Conservatories is a few lads from the former first team to be run by Dean Evans... LDA Spartans is the remains of Sparta (Reserves) to be run by Ken and Nathan. Im jetting off on my travels for 5+ years with a view to moving down under so been nice knowing you all Smile

Do DME conservatories supply and fit front doors ?? i'm looking for the composite ones or wood
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Shame to see Sparta Parva dissappear, I remember seeing them play a few times when Rob Bell and Ben Sharman played for them last season in division 2. Both quality players.

Rob was absolutely brilliant when I managed the first team, he joined mid-way through the first season just 16 years old and scored 21 goals in 18 games, never complained and did everything I asked, superb attitude which a couple of the older lads could have done with.

Alliance Journo wrote:
Tom Measures, local legend in Sunday football.

Have fun!

Thanks Mr Journo!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

Yeah you are not wrong absolute class lad on and off the field, we were lucky to have him. He only played 7 or 8 games this season and he still nearly won the players player! I am not sure if it was you or Welshy in charge when I saw you play.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

Dan it would have been Welshy and he did the second season, I managed the team when they were in Division 4 in 2008/09
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Im jetting off on my travels for 5+ years with a view to moving down under so been nice knowing you all Smile

do they know you're coming? hope you've given them poor aussies plenty of warning, seriously though.... have a great time, sounds like a great adventure.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Tomassi wrote:
Im jetting off on my travels for 5+ years with a view to moving down under so been nice knowing you all Smile

do they know you're coming? hope you've given them poor aussies plenty of warning, seriously though.... have a great time, sounds like a great adventure.

Laughing

They were stupid enough to grant me a visa yeah!! Thanks Hellboy keep up the good work on here... always one step ahead of Widds Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Teams Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Teams   New Teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Teams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next