Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

On the line handball?

Go down 
+9
LCFCHOTSHOT
Polska legend II
littlebigman
Aussie Owl
greeeedy
man in black
Hellboy
Gordon
leon
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leon

leon

On the line handball? Empty
PostSubject: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 1:42 pm

Simple really, attacker shoots, defender handles it on the line but it goes in anyway, what should happen?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 2:42 pm

Goal
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 2:50 pm

Yea, any punishment for the defender?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 2:57 pm

Not if I was the referee - did not deny a goalscoring opportunity because the goal was scored.

Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 3:54 pm

As I thought, another shocking decision today then!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 4:04 pm

Why - was the defender sent off?
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 4:09 pm

Yea straight red + goal given
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 4:34 pm

contest it through the powers that be.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

the player will have a right to appeal against a ban,,,depending what the report says,,,,as he didnt deny a goal,,,have known some referees who wil caution and allow the goal,,or as gordon says allow the goal and let that be it
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 5:15 pm

man in black wrote:
the player will have a right to appeal against a ban,,,depending what the report says,,,,as he didnt deny a goal,,,have known some referees who wil caution and allow the goal,,or as gordon says allow the goal and let that be it

so then 30 quid back or do the league still want it to build the summer holiday fund Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 5:24 pm

nothing to do with the league,,,,,this wil be county fa matter,,,they will send a form out and the player returns the form asking for a personal hearing,,,,,,i think there is a fee to pay but if he wins his case he gets all monies back
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 5:26 pm

greeeedy wrote:
man in black wrote:

so then 30 quid back or do the league still want it to build the summer holiday fund Razz Razz

You struck a cord there. Nothing to do with the League - IT IS A COUNTY MATTER!. And thanks to the FA, next season there will only be an appeal if there is video evidence or its a case of mistaken identity. This League and the County have protested to no avail. Most other leagues said very little if anything.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
man in black wrote:

You struck a cord there. Nothing to do with the League - IT IS A COUNTY MATTER!. And thanks to the FA, next season there will only be an appeal if there is video evidence or its a case of mistaken identity. This League and the County have protested to no avail. Most other leagues said very little if anything.

i see my bad just wondered if money would get returned if found to be in the right cheers for the clear up dennis.
ps how is the holiday kitty looking anyway anyroom for 1 more Wink
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 7:13 pm

The Ref would be in his rights to give a yellow card for deliberate handball but not a red,i would hope most Refs would use common sense and just get on with the game without a card
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

Yea you would hope, unfortunately today he didn't! Also giving a penalty when he said our keeper was first to the ball but the striker fell over his kicking leg was the icing on the cake. Shame really he ruined a good game completely, hope he is happy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

We will be employing someone to video the games next season to protect denty and scouse!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 6:37 pm

so now a team must provide a linesman and a camcorder man each week
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

greeeedy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
man in black wrote:

i see my bad just wondered if money would get returned if found to be in the right cheers for the clear up dennis.
ps how is the holiday kitty looking anyway anyroom for 1 more Wink

yes, money is returned if appeals are successful.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 6:47 pm

Hellboy wrote:
contest it through the powers that be.

Dont worry I will be contesting it! The ref was positive it was still a straight red because I handled deliberately! Absolute joke. I hope he realised his mistake and decided not send the report in, save everyone time and him embarrassment of having to stand in front of me at appeal
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 7:36 pm

Not sending a report usually results in a fine and suspension for the ref. Incidentally, a player or club official asking a ref to not submit a report has the same result for the player /official.
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:22 am

Not sending a report usually results in a fine and suspension for the ref. Incidentally, a player or club official asking a ref to not submit a report has the same result for the player /official.

Well guess I'll see him at appeal then because unless he puts in a falsified report he hasn't got a leg to stand on
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 11:31 am

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

Well guess I'll see him at appeal then because unless he puts in a falsified report he hasn't got a leg to stand on

in a diplomatic manner..... Smile
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 12:14 pm

Gordon wrote:
Not if I was the referee - did not deny a goalscoring opportunity because the goal was scored.

I do disagree with this. The player should still see red as the INTENTIONS are there to cheat. Does this not come under sportsmanship and fair play?
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 12:15 pm

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

Personal opinion, I do think you will lose the appeal as everyone I know that has appealed has never won. Hope that it's not a case of guilty no matter what but best of luck
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm

Expensive an appeal these days dan! Good luck though mate
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

unsporting and fair play are not sending off offences unless you get cautioned twice,,,this would be for denying a goal,,,which didnt happen
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 9:45 am

EJT09 wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

Personal opinion, I do think you will lose the appeal as everyone I know that has appealed has never won. Hope that it's not a case of guilty no matter what but best of luck

No need for an appeal, I have had a phone call from the ref with a sincere apology for his mistake and that no further action will be taken. Credit to him for that but still cost us the game and a much needed 3 points that are now gone.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

Just to clarify this - the referee has reported the sending off to the County FA in the normal manner, but also explained that, on reflection, he believes his decision was incorrect in law.

Accordingly the County FA have advised the club that no disciplinary charge will be raised.
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 10:16 am

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
EJT09 wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

No need for an appeal, I have had a phone call from the ref with a sincere apology for his mistake and that no further action will be taken. Credit to him for that but still cost us the game and a much needed 3 points that are now gone.

Your bank account will appreciate that lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 10:19 am

EJT09 wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:
EJT09 wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

Your bank account will appreciate that lol! lol! lol!

Exactly! Smile
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 12:17 pm

Wow, referees can admit they're wrong in a report?
I thought it was a case of what happened on the pitch was reported.

Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 12:42 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

I was always under the assumption that the ref was always right no matter what! Maybe it's a stepping stone for most refs to follow in the footsteps lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 1:26 pm

Top work by all concerned. All human, all make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

Not all of us. Smile
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 1:41 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Not all of us. Smile

i never made 1 yet drunken
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 1:42 pm

I meant human...
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 1:45 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
I meant human...

oh right i made 2 of them both girls Wink proper bloke
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 2:21 pm

even chimps know how to make love.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 2:57 pm

Hellboy wrote:
even chimps know how to make love.... Laughing

Does Hellboy make love or war, or can they not tell the difference?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 8:59 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

What happened on the pitch was correctly reported.

He added that, on reflection, his decision made on the pitch, was incorrect in law
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the line handball?   On the line handball? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the line handball?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next