Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009

Go down 
+11
GuthoChair
spiderman
Throop Gaffer
Tomassi
man in black
wiggoboy
Pete Waterman
the boys r back
Fieldy
Gaz Throops Manager
Gordon
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:20 pm

With just 2 games remaining, including a fixture scheduled for tonight, Beaumont Town 2009 have resigned from the League with immediate effect.

Their playing record will be expunged and the Division 2 table adjusted to reflect this.

Unfortunately this has a critical effect on the Division, as Kirby Muxloe Rangers, who have been acclaimed as Division 2 Champions can now be caught and overtaken.

The revised position.including tonight's result, subject to confirmation is

1 Kirby Muxloe Rangers 21 18 0 3 84 39 +45 54
2 Great Wigston 20 15 3 2 100 35 +65 48

The added twist is that Kirby's remaining game is v Great Wigston on Sunday. Great Wigston also have Fengate to play. In summary, Kirby now need to take a point on Sunday to win the League, whereas Great Wigston must win both games.

Both teams have been made aware of the situation.

Quite frankly, I am appalled at the decision of Beaumont Town 2009 which has created this issue, and caused such a deeply disappointing and frustrating position not only for the League Management Committee, but particularly for Kirby Muxloe Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:48 pm

im sad to see beaumont resign but got to be real happy that we have a chance still to win the league, timeto step upto the mark for my boys sunday!!!
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 1:02 am

Good luck lads (Great Wigston) had some cracking games against you, think the record is 2-1-2 so all even, god knows what happened to us, should be business as usual next year, everyone back plus extras, let us know if you after friendly, cheers.
Back to top Go down
the boys r back

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 6:08 pm

edit it

Last edited by the boys r back on Wed 05 May 2010, 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit it)
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 6:23 pm

This is a shocking decision. Kirby were crowned Champions, it shouldn't be taken away from them.

If Great Wigston can over take Kirby on points, then fair enough. But if Great Wigston win it on goal difference it's a right kick in the teeth. Different leagues are decided in numerous ways if points are level; for example - Goals Scored, record against opposing team etc. In this instance, if points are level Kirby should be crowned Champions AGAIN.

I know Gaz and others won't agree with me, but if it was the other way round i think they'd be an uproar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 6:28 pm

kirby lads must be gutted right now, it was bad enough for us when exeter pulled out when they did but to have your title took away from you after you have won it must really sting.

i hope kirby will still be crowned champions and going forward more needs to be done to stop these side folding so close to the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 7:12 pm

Pete Waterman wrote:
This is a shocking decision. Kirby were crowned Champions, it shouldn't be taken away from them.

If Great Wigston can over take Kirby on points, then fair enough. But if Great Wigston win it on goal difference it's a right kick in the teeth. Different leagues are decided in numerous ways if points are level; for example - Goals Scored, record against opposing team etc. In this instance, if points are level Kirby should be crowned Champions AGAIN.

I know Gaz and others won't agree with me, but if it was the other way round i think they'd be an uproar.

Who crowned Kirby then? the seasons not over till the fat lady sings, no one can be crowned till every little thing is done and dusted, the trophy's haven't been presented yet. It's still all up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 7:30 pm

wiggoboy wrote:
Pete Waterman wrote:

Who crowned Kirby then? the seasons not over till the fat lady sings, no one can be crowned till every little thing is done and dusted, the trophy's haven't been presented yet. It's still all up for grabs.

This was taken from Alliance League website on the weekly round-up page.

Relentless Kirby Muxloe Rangers finally bagged the Division Two title with a 2-0 home victory over FC Tumar. Goals from veteran centre half Martin Hughes and Mark Brown bagged the silverware for Rangers.

Well done Kirby you've 'bagged the Division Two title'

Oops no you've not.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 7:52 pm

think maybe the ones to blame here are the one who couldnt finish a season, with three games to go,,,,,,and if wigston do do it it will be on goal difference as they are 6 points behind and two to play
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:00 pm

Great Wigston seems to have a knack of winning leagues on Goal Difference if it happens!!

One possibly suggestion of trying to stop teams folding, how about the league enforce a £250 deposit at the begginning of the season, which will then be returned at the end of the season upon completion of fixtures?

A lot of teams wouldn't be happy with having such a 'bill' to pay before the season starts, but it may give an assurance that all fixtures be completed (although it could still happen)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Throop Gaffer

Throop Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:13 pm

I Think it's time the league done something about this , I am gutted for kirby as they proved themself but also you cant blame Beaumont either, every team signs up to play sundays only not three times a week most the time against ringers . If the league started 2 weeks early and they dropped two teams down from every divsion to the new div 6 then thats 4 games in mid-week that everyone dont need to play. All the games would have been played on sunday's and kirby would won the title and probly Beaumont wouldn't have finshed?
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:20 pm

the problem of playing a lot of games at end of season has been caused by the weather,,,agreed a 6th division and less teams in leagues will solve the problem ,,,but all my time in football the weather and amount of games called off has been unprecedented this season
Back to top Go down
Throop Gaffer

Throop Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:23 pm

man in black wrote:
the problem of playing a lot of games at end of season has been caused by the weather,,,agreed a 6th division and less teams in leagues will solve the problem ,,,but all my time in football the weather and amount of games called off has been unprecedented this season

I think kirby would have rather took a chance on the whether mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Throop Gaffer

Throop Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 8:24 pm

soz weather
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 9:19 pm

Throop Gaffer wrote:
I Think it's time the league done something about this , I am gutted for kirby as they proved themself but also you cant blame Beaumont either, every team signs up to play sundays only not three times a week most the time against ringers . If the league started 2 weeks early and they dropped two teams down from every divsion to the new div 6 then thats 4 games in mid-week that everyone dont need to play. All the games would have been played on sunday's and kirby would won the title and probly Beaumont wouldn't have finshed?
Rolling Eyes

Great shout.
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 10:16 pm

at the end of the day beaumont resigned and yes not good on kirby i would feel the same as they probably do now, but from my point of you, we now have a 2nd chance of winning the league and just hope my lads can perform to there best tommorow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 3:46 pm

what a joke, seems to me a bit of a plan from great wigston and beaumont! shame it back fired lads
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 4:05 pm

plan from us and beaumont get a grip, beaumont struggled on trying to get a team out and in the end they cudnt, in the end silly results cos t us the league, you won the title and we should finish 2nd not bad for a team coming from div 4 last year, 2nd place and a cup final win will do us, bring on next season
Back to top Go down
GuthoChair

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 4:33 pm

Gaz Great Wigston Manager wrote:
plan from us and beaumont get a grip, beaumont struggled on trying to get a team out and in the end they cudnt, in the end silly results cos t us the league, you won the title and we should finish 2nd not bad for a team coming from div 4 last year, 2nd place and a cup final win will do us, bring on next season

Silly Results- I think you do the other teams a slight dis-service in Division 2 as I think you will find that a few teams are better than you give them credit - I think Kirby have been the best side but Webbys, Wig U Res, You, Throops and Gutho are all very similar quality in my opinion and I think that is reflected in the final table!

Our lads have had an unbelievable run in and I am sure we would have finished higher had it not been for the fixture demands (and age of the squad!!!) but the weather this season has been the worst I can remember in 25 years of playing/managing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 6:27 pm

Would those silly results be against us - thanks for the 4 points Gaz and well done to Kirby who deserved the title!!
Back to top Go down
kirby muxloe

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 10:46 pm

another post from kirby who has nothing to do with KMR!
Back to top Go down
kirby muxloe

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 10:48 pm

would like 2 say thanks to every1 who has congradulated Kirby Muxloe Rangers on winning the title (again) been a enjoyable season and looking 4ward to next season already!
Back to top Go down
king of the chavs

king of the chavs

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 12:16 am

well done to the mcnairns and all at kirby
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/fchoskins
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 12:47 pm

well done to kirby and hope to push you all the way again next season but obviously with a diffrent outcome would be nice lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 8:07 pm

Set up if iv'e ever seen one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009   Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resignation - Beaumont Town 2009
Page 1 of 1