Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Home Advantage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stevepercy

Home Advantage Empty
PostSubject: Home Advantage   Home Advantage Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 2:05 pm

No longer play in the league after many memorable seasons, but have been reading the predictions for this season and often see the phrase "home advantage". In my years playing I never thought we got any better results at home than away and always saw it as a thing that only applies in the higher levels.
Just wondered if teams really do think they get a home advantage or if they have lucky away grounds? Maybe if one of the web guys has access to the data for last years results they could shed light on if home teams really do better?

Saying this I always preferred a home fixture, Harborough based, so got an extra half hour sleep on home match days!
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

Home Advantage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Advantage   Home Advantage Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm

We only lost one all season at home last season and won all pre season friendlies at home along with our first fixture at home this season, we like to think that winning as many games at home as possible will put us at the right end of the table!

Although I don't think 'advantage' should be the word
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Home Advantage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Advantage   Home Advantage Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2015, 10:00 am

you have to go and set an anorak challenge don't you...

yesterday there were 23 home wins (56%) which was up from the week before where there were 19 home wins (49%)

Last season overall (league games only) the winning percentage for home teams was 47% - so although this would suggest a very slight advantage to playing away - overall there probably isn't a lot in it and you are just as likely to win at home as you are away
Back to top Go down
stevepercy

Home Advantage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Advantage   Home Advantage Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2015, 4:29 pm

Haha, thanks for that though!
There were a few that used to play their home pitches well, Huncote were one, on a quick pitch and a steep slope. Same went for a few teams on the tiny boggy pitches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home Advantage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Advantage   Home Advantage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Advantage
Page 1 of 1