Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

strongest league in leicester??

Go down 
+8
the goalie
Bucko
Hellboy
Gordon
JJ73
LK_United
Mat-92
fcpoplar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
fcpoplar

strongest league in leicester?? Empty
PostSubject: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

Is it the alliance league or leics sunday league ???
Back to top Go down
Mat-92

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 9:49 am

Alliance league by a long shot
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 10:42 am

Define strongest.

If you mean biggest then yes, the Alliance League is by a long shot.

If you mean strongest then you need to look at County Comps as this is the only direct way of comparing the relative strength of all leagues in Leicestershire IMHO.

Back to top Go down
JJ73

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 12:32 pm

FoxHunter1974 wrote:
Define strongest.

If you mean strongest then you need to look at County Comps as this is the only direct way of comparing the relative strength of all leagues in Leicestershire IMHO.

Agreed.

Does anyone know the percentage of teams per league in the Semi-Finals?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 12:39 pm

All of the affiliated Leagues have some strong teams - in fact the Leagues attempt to cater for all levels of football ability across their respective divisions.

Certainly, the Alliance is currently the largest of the open age local Sunday Leagues both in number of clubs and divisions.

With regards to County Competitions - that provides an issue for annual debate. 8 Alliance divisions into 5 County Competitions is not an easy fit. This results in some Alliance teams appearing possibly out of their depth when for example a Division 5 Alliance team is drawn against a team from a higher division from another League, where a smaller number of divisions is a better fit for County Competitions

Percentages is a simple calculation but we need to wait until all Round 4 games are completed for accuracy

In response to the opening post - your own Charnwood League also has some strong teams, as does Hinckley Sunday, and even Melton Sunday

There has often been casual talk of a 'Champions League' style of competition embracing the strongest teams of all Sunday Leagues - but this has never yet got off the ground
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 12:49 pm

The alliance league is the "best" by far, in organisation and dedication, its just those blasted pothunters that spoil everything, making good clubs fold, if only we could eliminate these leeches, then we'd be top of the world.

Its the alliance all the way for me, would'nt even think twice, oh go on then you can send me a keg of ale.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 12:45 pm

The proposed merge of the leicester sunday league and charnwood league will be a strong league
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 12:47 pm

And i do personally think the standard of football in leicestershire as a whole is dropping season by season that includes saturday football too
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm

Bucko wrote:
And i do personally think the standard of football in leicestershire as a whole is dropping season by season that includes saturday football too

couldnt agree more , its a commitment issue from alot of so called big players..... knock on effect sadly
Back to top Go down
trueblue

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

so called stronger league just lost another club in the sunday vase semi finals losin 5-4 on pens to palmerstone athletic it isnt the amount off the clubs u have its the quality off the players involved Smile
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

trueblue wrote:
so called stronger league just lost another club in the sunday vase semi finals losin 5-4 on pens to palmerstone athletic it isnt the amount off the clubs u have its the quality off the players involved Smile

I can only repeat what I said earlier:-

'All of the affiliated Leagues have some strong teams - in fact the Leagues attempt to cater for all levels of football ability across their respective divisions'

AND

'With regards to County Competitions - that provides an issue for annual debate. 8 Alliance divisions into 5 County Competitions is not an easy fit. This results in some Alliance teams appearing possibly out of their depth when for example a Division 5 Alliance team is drawn against a team from a higher division from another League, where a smaller number of divisions is a better fit for County Competitions'

At the end of the morning - Division 3 team beats Division 7 team on penalties

It was a good game which went one way then another, before a wayward sudden death penalty settled the contest
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm

trueblue wrote:

Yeah their forum's simply buzzing with characters and entertaining stuff, i can't think why they want to come on this one.........we're simply the best...we're simply the best...the alliance forum...we're simply the best.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSun 09 Feb 2014, 6:50 pm

Gordon wrote:
trueblue wrote:

I can only repeat what I said earlier:-

'All of the affiliated Leagues have some strong teams - in fact the Leagues attempt to cater for all levels of football ability across their respective divisions'

AND

'With regards to County Competitions - that provides an issue for annual debate. 8 Alliance divisions into 5 County Competitions is not an easy fit. This results in some Alliance teams appearing possibly out of their depth when for example a Division 5 Alliance team is drawn against a team from a higher division from another League, where a smaller number of divisions is a better fit for County Competitions'

At the end of the morning - Division 3 team beats Division 7 team on penalties

It was a good game which went one way then another, before a wayward sudden death penalty settled the contest

Oh dear - this week Division 2 team beats Division 1 team on penalties, whilst another Division 2 team narrowly beats a Division 1 team 8-0

Funny old game - eh?
Back to top Go down
trueblue

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeSun 09 Feb 2014, 6:56 pm

strongly agree gordan from what i heard office were well beaten fair play to frolesworth as for other game close all the way needin pens to seperate them credit were credits due ath oadby a gd solid unit oadby owls did well to keep them even and beat them on pens good luck to both teams in the semi final/final Smile
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2014, 12:48 pm

JJ73 wrote:
FoxHunter1974 wrote:
Define strongest.

Agreed.

Does anyone know the percentage of teams per league in the Semi-Finals?

The sunday intermediate is 100% alliance owned.........boooooooooooooom.
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2014, 10:56 am

Hellboy wrote:

The sunday intermediate is 100% alliance owned.........boooooooooooooom.

The Sunday Shield is 100% TLSFL owned......boooooooooooom.

lol!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2014, 7:15 pm

Personally I don't think the county cup proves anything in terms of strongest league , it just proves that there maybe one or 2 strong teams in any league with the rest being dross. You can't say Leicester Sunday league is better just because of creation builders and same Applies for alliance because of star and garter.

League strength should be decided on the amount of teams in the league,how competitive each division is etc

Don't really see why it matters anyway!!

Just concentrate on your teams, enjoy your football and don't worry about what others are doing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Mar 2014, 7:52 pm

spot on!
Back to top Go down
somebody

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Mar 2014, 7:51 am

trueblue wrote:
strongly agree gordan from what i heard office were well beaten fair play to frolesworth as for other game close all the way needin pens to seperate them credit were credits due ath oadby a gd solid unit oadby owls did well to keep them even and beat them on pens good luck to both teams in the semi final/final Smile

True blue, you are obviously from "another league" so I have a couple of questions for you.

1) what is your obsession with the alliance league that you feel the need to post on here?

2) does it bother you that you only really have one team worth boasting about and that you live off them?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm

tut tut.....the PH'rs are not going to like some of these bold statements.
Back to top Go down
trueblue

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Mar 2014, 7:04 pm

youve completely lost me now ???????????
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

dezza wrote:
Personally I don't think the county cup proves anything in terms of strongest league , it just proves that  there maybe  one or 2 strong teams in any league with the rest being dross. You can't say Leicester Sunday league is better just because of creation builders and same Applies for alliance because of star and garter.

League strength should be decided on the amount of teams in the league,how competitive each division is etc

Don't really see why it matters anyway!!

Just concentrate on your teams, enjoy your football and don't worry about what others are doing

Couldn't agree more Dezza.

I only mentioned the C.Cups in response to the OP as currently that is the only poor comparison tool we have available for those that always roll out who's Dad is biggest etc. Personally I don't think too many care apart from the respective League admins and their marketing efforts... ;-)

A league is only as strong as the teams in it I think would best sum up IMHO
Back to top Go down
somebody

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2014, 10:04 pm

I agree with that foxhunter, but I would suggest there are a greater amount of strong teams contained within the alliance league than other leagues, for example after looking at the lsfl prem division there's only creation builders tht would cut the mustard in the alliance league prem. I dot think if creation win the county cup it means the lsfl is a better league, fair enough creation have beaten azzurri,moshdock and Mdh on the way but they are the stand out team by miles from that league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strongest league in leicester??   strongest league in leicester?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

strongest league in leicester??
Page 1 of 1