Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League

Go down 
+16
Sweeper
EcstasyFC
WEUR
Jimmyb
dave ash
johnmeode
Lodge
man in black
Blackie
Stroller
Gifford
KMR
gattuso
Paulo
Tomassi
chubby
20 posters
AuthorMessage
chubby

Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Empty
PostSubject: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:19 pm

Do you play with or have you played against anyone over 40 still playing in the Alliance League and Have they still got it or should they be at home with the pipe and slippers.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 7:58 am

Our keeper Sid is approaching 40 this year, and fulfilled a lifetime ambition of playing at holmes park last season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 8:25 am

chubby wrote:
Do you play with or have you played against anyone over 40 still playing in the Alliance League and Have they still got it or should they be at home with the pipe and slippers.

QPR Centre back- he must be over 40 but a first team regular still!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 8:40 am

Ah yes the Pateman! He is 54 i think!!!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 8:51 am

pretty sure duane at throops is, and hes still bagging them
Back to top Go down
KMR

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 9:15 am

We got a player at Kirby Muxloe Rangers (Hughes) who is 46, plays week in and week out, only player to have played every minute this season in fact. 2 be fair, he is in better shape then half if not all of our team 2 and is always down the gym as well as playing Saturday's.

Fair play to the lad, hope to be doing the same at that age as im sure many of us are.
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 10:03 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
chubby wrote:

he is one dirty player lol i got him back this year though lol
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 10:10 am

Dirty but slow and knows how to have a laugh!
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 10:12 am

true lol
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 11:06 am

Paddy turned 40 at the start of the season (sorry Pad) and will be put out to pasture this summer

We had Dave Ash last year too who regaled us all pre-match with his inspiring "During the war..................." stories

KMR - Is Hughes really 46??? Crikey, as you say, he's in better shape than most so well played him!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm

Dont mind admitting ive been 40 since last October. Also Neil Haley is 40 in April, when he is fit we play in centre midfield together for Birstall Rangers - combined age over 80!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:38 pm

tony morris of efc must be close to 40
kev pateman, not sure about dirty maybe clumsy but never known him dirty
is dean forty making any appearences these days
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:44 pm

One of the guys at Anstey Hounds must be close to 40 if not over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 3:46 pm

Lodge wrote:
One of the guys at Anstey Hounds must be close to 40 if not over.

are you reffering to the lad in centre midfield? he is only 27 i have been told!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 5:44 pm

Not sure if he is playing this season but Chris Hill is in his late forties and played for the couriers last season. Absolutely top drawer for his age still fitter than most
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 10:37 pm

Neil Brewin, hes 30 i think, looks 50. pooor lad had a hard life LOL

I think Tony is 48 no joke!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 11:34 pm

Stroller wrote:
Paddy turned 40 at the start of the season (sorry Pad) and will be put out to pasture this summer

We had Dave Ash last year too who regaled us all pre-match with his inspiring "During the war..................." stories

KMR - Is Hughes really 46??? Crikey, as you say, he's in better shape than most so well played him!!!!!!!

Stroller now now if my memory serves me right i could'nt of said anything about the war as you would'nt let me get a word in all you were saying is you were to good a player to be a sub and simon don't no what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 11:35 pm

man in black wrote:
tony morris of efc must be close to 40
kev pateman, not sure about dirty maybe clumsy but never known him dirty
is dean forty making any appearences these days

more like 47 he was in the year lower than me at school, Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
chubby wrote:

I believe he scored in both games against us last season, apparently his only goals in a 35 season carear! Razz
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 9:51 pm

dave ash is a legend!!!! got a big gob though Razz
Back to top Go down
EcstasyFC

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 9:52 pm

Tony Morris is 46 odd and still runs round like he is 16. Nice guy tho, I might be lodging with him at the morris mansion soon.
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 9:08 am

WEUR wrote:
dave ash is a legend!!!! got a big gob though Razz

Yep thats correct

Somebody as to shout in our team cus no one else does.
Back to top Go down
Sweeper

Sweeper

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 9:16 am

Stroller wrote:

Not quite 40 actually (although yes this year!) and indeed I'm hanging up the boots at the end of this season - assuming I get to play between now and then Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://guthooldboyz.webs.com
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:19 pm

Cheers Denty,...yes I'm 44 in June,...considering retiring,.. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

Sweeper wrote:
Stroller wrote:

Not quite 40 actually (although yes this year!) and indeed I'm hanging up the boots at the end of this season - assuming I get to play between now and then Laughing

Well hopefully today will stop your moaning Embarassed ........for now!! Shocked

You will be missed as will Gurns if he hangs his boots up.

Just to re-iterate that Dave Ash at 47 is a Sunday morning legend - may be never backwards in voicing an opinion but i never had any problems with him despite him wanting to play every minute of every game - got a great will to win and no surprise the West End Ressies have improved.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 6:12 pm

Cally the Hood Park player-manager is 40.
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 6:14 pm

GuthoGaffer wrote:
Sweeper wrote:
Stroller wrote:

Well hopefully today will stop your moaning Embarassed ........for now!! Shocked

You will be missed as will Gurns if he hangs his boots up.

Just to re-iterate that Dave Ash at 47 is a Sunday morning legend - may be never backwards in voicing an opinion but i never had any problems with him despite him wanting to play every minute of every game - got a great will to win and no surprise the West End Ressies have improved.

Cheers for that Simon, got to voice your opion and you need the banter to enjoy the game as well as the good football which i got at Gutho, enjoyed every minute.

Actually 48 now, the big 50 is looming.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:51 am

Tomassi wrote:
Ah yes the Pateman! He is 54 i think!!!

Think he started playing in 54', seen him applying for Bus Pass the other day, I was a few places behind in the queue.
Back to top Go down
enogel

enogel

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:49 pm

Think he started playing in 54', seen him applying for Bus Pass the other day, I was a few places behind in the queue.

sOMEONE TELL DUANE THATS ANOTHER THING THE COUNCIL ARE PUTTING A STOP TO SOON bounce
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:52 pm

chubby wrote:

Still playing (well turning up) at 41, did hang up the boots at end of last season but was asked to carry on, possibly because with me it makes 11 and I drive.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 1:11 pm

Or possibly because you like to break ankles... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 1:19 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Or possibly because you like to break ankles... Evil or Very Mad

I've already been assigned to be your man marker, which ankle was it by the way, wouldn't want it to be the only one with stud marks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League   Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Players over 40 still playing in the Alliance League
Page 1 of 1