Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

The League AGM

Go down 
+5
Hellboy
Paulo
Widds
Aussie Owl
Sparta3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 11:30 am

It is often stated that the AGM is the time for clubs to "have their say" on league decisions and/or plans.

The difficulty with this is that standing up in front of 90+ people (who maybe do not want to be there too long) can be quite daunting. In addition, there isn't a lot of time to read and/or discuss the agenda with other league members before the "discussion" commences.

Is there a way of introducing a system where clubs/secretaries can raise issues/concerns/"no" votes before the event (or even in private?).
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

The normal attendance these days is approaching 150 which makes your point even more valid.

The league has always welcomed feedback, either to the General Secretary or to other Committee members. Any issues which justify further debate are placed on the Agenda of the next meeting. It is this feedback and debate which often results in a rule or policy change although the FA's mandatory standard code of league rules can inhibit such a change.

There is also the option of calling a Special General Meeting for a specific item, but this would not resolve the difficulties of a debate by up to 150 people.

There is also the Forum. This is an opportunity which almost no other league in the County provides for. This does bring it's own problems when 'dirty linen is washed in public'. However, the current view is that the transparency this brings outweighs this. The ongoing debate about 'double standards' is a case in point. Such debates are read, noted and discussed by the league as appropriate. There is also the danger that the County FA will issue charges against the league and/or the poster if the post is unacceptable. We have already paid a price in this regard.

Finally, and probably most important, we need others to join the Committee who are prepared to make a contribution. Better influencing things on the inside than taking a pot from the outside. Just contact Gordon if you are interested.

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

I appreciate that more committee members means more voices/opinions but that doesn't really help the other member clubs when it comes to voting at an AGM.

Perhaps the AGM agenda could be issued more widely, or perhaps earlier to give clubs a chance to post a reply or query before the meetings. All that seems to happen at the meetings is that changes are announced and clubs just accept them without discussion (mostly because of the environment, in my opinion).

Are you saying that more committee members would eradicate this to a certain degree?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

It allows more views to be taken into account as well as extra pair of hands at events such as cup finals and general meetings.

It is already a rush to get the Notice out in the timescale required by the rules. Accounts have to be prepared, awards decided, new clubs interviewed, booklet printed and posted and so on. This is after a hectic period of end of season football.

Why not come and join us? It is not all serious - we are a happy team and new members would be made very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

Go on Sparta....join up!! Your Alliance needs you!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

Is there an option to have a representative from each division?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 10:07 am

Come and join...come and join...come and join with the double deckers!
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 10:42 am

Hellboy wrote:
Come and join...come and join...come and join with the double deckers!

didn't realise you were that old,i thought i was the only one who remembered that
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 12:01 pm

They call me spiderman these days, i find it so difficult to get out of the bath. monkey
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

Hellboy wrote:
They call me spiderman these days, i find it so difficult to get out of the bath. monkey

Brilliant!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

How frequent are these meetings? And how long do they go on for roughly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

once a month. Meetings run for about 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 8:50 am

Joey Barton wrote:
How frequent are these meetings? And how long do they go on for roughly?

Usually about 8 meetings a year starting at 7.30 at "The Cricketers" and lasting until 9.30 to 10 pm.

Give Gordon a call if you need more info
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:51 am

Quote :

How would you know Widds, you never make them Smile
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:14 am

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

How would you know Widds, you never make them Smile

i Will be at the next one! as long as its not tonight. When is it?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:17 am

about another three weeks I would have thought
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

Huncote Sec wrote:
about another three weeks I would have thought

see you there.

Kev to be fair, i think i was in Abu Dhabi lol
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

Yeah, sunning it up with the arabs!!

Was jesting Widds!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The League AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: The League AGM   The League AGM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The League AGM
Page 1 of 1