Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Arthur Moore Cup

Go down 
+11
dezza
Hairy Hebrew!
Fccol
man in black
Jimmyb
Polska legend II
Jenko
Aussie Owl
Widds
THE MAGICIAN
FEAR_FUFC
15 posters
AuthorMessage
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

We've been saying it since our formation, but what a complete and utter farce the Arthur Moore Cup has become.

It was originally designed for Premier League teams to play more fixtures, although with a now highly competitive 10-team Premier League what is the point in a group stage?

Surely, a round-robin format would suffice.

Anyway, on to today's fixture against GT. After we cobbled 12 together, the visitors were reduced to 10-men after just five minutes after their lad called the referee a rather derogatory term.

It also set the precedence for the game, which was a dull affair. Our left-winger was subject to some very physical challenges, before an unfortunate incident in the 75th minute.

I stress that it was an innocent tangle, but our lad has suffered a dislocated shoulder and will now have to have an operation, leaving him sidelined for months. He also plays for Gordon Strachan's Academy team, so will be unable to compete in that as well.

The referee promptly abandoned the fixture

Thanks to the only GT player who came over to us and checked if our lad was okay, just the one though.

So to summarise this morning, we have had to pay the referee, the pitch, and we've lost our best player through a freak incident, one of our home shirts has been cut to ribbons by the paramedics, all in a game that may now have to be replayed.

What a privilege to pay through the nose for a farcical competition that we don't want to be involved in.

Not to mention, I drove back from work in Exeter yesterday for the game.

Sunday morning football, ever wonder why you bother?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

Hope the young lad has a speedy recovery from all at NRI.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

Hope your lad is ok, but i have to say, i like the Arthur Moore competition, and the format of it. I guess you cant please everyone. With regards the cost of the game etc, you would have had to pay that today anyway if it was a league fixture....you will have an away game next to balance the cost....
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

The league has not made any decision as to whether the game will be replayed or not - it will depend on the score at the time of the abandonment and the number of minutes played.

A division of 10 is not enough to provide a full season's games, especially if teams resign which has happened too often in the past.

Best wishes to the injured player.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
The league has not made any decision as to whether the game will be replayed or not - it will depend on the score at the time of the abandonment and the number of minutes played.

A division of 10 is not enough to provide a full season's games, especially if teams resign which has happened too often in the past.

So why do we have 8 divisions then?

Why not have seven divisions and each league will then have a minimum of 12 teams? Our league division 3 also only has 10 teams
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:14 pm

Jenko wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

Why not have seven divisions and each league will then have a minimum of 12 teams? Our league division 3 also only has 10 teams
But you did not have 10 at the start of the season
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

But you did not have 10 at the start of the season

There was only 11 teams though! Why not have 7 divisions with 14 teams in each?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:43 pm

14 causes a massive fixture backlog which people moan about to the heavens on here come March / April / May time. At least with 12 in a division, it reduces fixture congestion
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

Ok, so many Div 1 don't like the Arthur Moore, but it is a novel idea which other leagues haven't picked up on.

Sympathise with you on the cost, but if a player insults a ref very badly, why shouldn't he be shown a red?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

Who's starting the poll then?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
14 causes a massive fixture backlog which people moan about to the heavens on here come March / April / May time. At least with 12 in a division, it reduces fixture congestion

I see what you're saying mark but Dennis has says a 10 team division isn't big enough so why not have one division less?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:07 pm

so as its sunday players should be getting away with abusing refs
Back to top Go down
Fccol

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

I know its nothing 2 do with the subject but i quite like the idea of bigger leagues say 14. There wouldnt b a fixture backlog if we started middle of august which would give us 2 extra weekends. I dont get why we dont start middle of august anyway and cancel the midweek games that happen. Take next year start 18th aug and by the end of april u can fit in 36 sundays (this is including a 2 week christmas/winter break). I know what ur thinking bout cup runs but id also reduce the cup comps down to 2 per team (county cup and either billy walton/ew fosters/stokes) as take our club we dont even look at the billy walton we jus pray for an away game to get knocked out. Its a nice idea these fa style/champs league style cups but in reality dont work in sunday morning football. This would then mean if u got 2 both finals (could happen but doubt it) and played 28 league games you would play 39 games.. In this case u could either extend there fixtures 2 middle of may or play 1 or 2 midweek games. Any games that are postponed due to weather are rearranged for a midweek game and any where a team lets you down/cancels for no reason automatically gets a 3-0 loss and a fine.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:25 pm

Fccol wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

I know its nothing 2 do with the subject but i quite like the idea of bigger leagues say 14. There wouldnt b a fixture backlog if we started middle of august which would give us 2 extra weekends. I dont get why we dont start middle of august anyway and cancel the midweek games that happen. Take next year start 18th aug and by the end of april u can fit in 36 sundays (this is including a 2 week christmas/winter break). I know what ur thinking bout cup runs but id also reduce the cup comps down to 2 per team (county cup and either billy walton/ew fosters/stokes) as take our club we dont even look at the billy walton we jus pray for an away game to get knocked out. Its a nice idea these fa style/champs league style cups but in reality dont work in sunday morning football. This would then mean if u got 2 both finals (could happen but doubt it) and played 28 league games you would play 39 games.. In this case u could either extend there fixtures 2 middle of may or play 1 or 2 midweek games. Any games that are postponed due to weather are rearranged for a midweek game and any where a team lets you down/cancels for no reason automatically gets a 3-0 loss and a fine.

I think the council might have something to say about start dates and finish dates! I know were in the bottom divisions of the league but I'm a fan of the Billy Walton! I know we will never get near the final but it's a good thing to pit ur wits against higher teams!
Back to top Go down
Fccol

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:33 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Fccol wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

I think the council might have something to say about start dates and finish dates! I know were in the bottom divisions of the league but I'm a fan of the Billy Walton! I know we will never get near the final but it's a good thing to pit ur wits against higher teams!

I dont, i wouldnt like to tackle a prem side as we got embarrassed 14-1 the other week by a team in our own division!! Imagine the scoreline if we played a top prem side!! Im happy we got knocked out by qpr and although we gave 100% and it was close im happy.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

I'd love to tackle a prem side! Wats the worst that can happen? A drubbing? So what? No one would expect u to compete but we would battle for each other! So what if we lost 20-0 it's the chance to play against a quality side and you take the positives from it!
Back to top Go down
Fccol

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

Its not the actual game that matters its wot happens after wen u go bk 2 a league game. U can say dnt worry lads back 2 div 6/7 now so wont be like last week until ur blue in the face but the players will always b think we lost 20-0 last week were poor. U wouldnt play a prem team pre-season unless ur mad u go 1 or 2 divs above/below or equivilant in another league
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

I like the arthur moore cup! In fact I like all the cups!!! Just cos you're in a low division doesn't mean you can't cause an upset! Look at lounge beating prem, huncote getting to the final aswell last season! What's the point in plying football if you never want to play the best!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Councils season start first week in September and finish last week in April and they will not budge - especially City Council

Not only that, City Council make Victoria Pk unavailable for football on 4 Sundays in the season.

The Billy Walton cup is seeded so that Div 7/ Prem games are less likely - and, in any event, cups are about shocks and playing teams you do not normally play against.

Having said that, club views are always welcome.

Last edited by Aussie Owl on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Just for the record, we're in the Premier League. Not Division One.

Secondly, we haven't got a problem with GT whatsoever, it would have just been nice if they actually checked how our lad was. His injury was the result of a freak incident, there was no malice in the challenge.

Thirdly, regarding the sending off. If you read the original post, it states that we didn't condone his behaviour but after five minutes ?

It just ruined the game, GT weren't interested in scoring and credit to them, they were very well organised and difficult to break down.

And as for the Arthur Moore Cup, it is just a nonsensical competition for us. We have no interest in competing in it at all.

Our main focus is securing our Premier League survival and rightfully so.

If we have a decent run in either the Billy Walton or Greene King Premier Cup then we would welcome it, but what is the point in playing four fixtures and possibly going out at the group stage?

It's frankly a waste of time and more importantly, money. Not to mention the fact one of our best players will probably be out until after Christmas now.

If the game is forced to be replayed, it will be an utter joke. 75 minutes, and around £70 completely pissed away for nothing.

And as for the Billy Walton Cup being seeded, that's ridiculous too.

You don't get the League or FA Challenge Cup being seeded so teams of a lesser quality avoid the Premier League clubs.

Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

Thirdly, regarding the sending off. If you read the original post, it states that we didn't condone his behaviour but after five minutes of a game then surely common sense has to apply.

sorry mate if player calls a ref something that offends it doesnt matter

a) what level of football it is
b) what day of the week the game is played
c) how long has gone in the game

Back to top Go down
GT

GT

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:57 pm

Off the forum now full of muppets not worth it, too please the twats who have poked there noses in it was a sending off, boo hoo why the hell has everyone gone nuts, too many people on here with no life, saddo's
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:03 pm

Haha GT ya plum!
Right, gents, the Arthur Moore is class...i was wounded that NRI didnt draw a prem team until this season!
As for teams that complain about the mental effects of losing heavily!! Behave ya big pansies!! If you cant recover from a sunday league loss to one of the best teams around, then you shouldnt be allowed cutlery made of metal!!! Too dangerous!!
You get an away game for every home game in the Arthur Moore, so just enjoye it, and if you are not trying to win a cup and enjoying a cup run, what on earth is wrong with you!! Dream the dream!! If you lot were Martin Luther King, you would have had an idea, not a dream!!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Oh, and that injury etc....sad event, but it happens....if you had played a league game it could still have happened!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:10 pm

hope the lad recovers but honestky if your not happy and saying that he is a academy player why the hell is he playing sunday football if he is at the likes of where he is .
the league should accept the fact gt have travelled 50 mins to play u lot and the fact they might have to travell again and the fact that u paid out 75 quid for today and might need to pay another 75 =in 150 the game should stand 0-0 and a point each aslong as both sec agree
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

GT wrote:
Off the forum now full of muppets not worth it, too please the twats who have poked there noses in it was a sending off, boo hoo why the hell has everyone gone nuts, too many people on here with no life, saddo's

but u are one off the saddos posting
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
GT wrote:

but u are one off the saddos posting

I'm taking pictures of myself in the mirror to post on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 7:51 pm

Nude ones......
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:03 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Nude ones......

Not the superimposed ones of you with Jimmy Saville?
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

hope the lad recovers but honestky if your not happy and saying that he is a academy player why the hell is he playing sunday football if he is at the likes of where he is .
the league should accept the fact gt have travelled 50 mins to play u lot and the fact they might have to travell again and the fact that u paid out 75 quid for today and might need to pay another 75 =in 150 the game should stand 0-0 and a point each aslong as both sec agree [/quote]

We certainly agree with that.

And to answer your question, he plays simply because he loves football and loves playing with his mates, just as everybody else in the Alliance League does!
Back to top Go down

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:35 pm

Following complaints received it has been necessary to edit certain postings and now the thread is also locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arthur Moore Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur Moore Cup   Arthur Moore Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arthur Moore Cup
Page 1 of 1