Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Cup fees

Go down 
+2
Polska legend II
whiteeagles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

I've mentioned this before in a topic but feel that it deserves it's own thread.

We've played Gate Hangs Well (BW), Sporting Birstall (County) and will be playing Royal Oak (Stokes) ALL at home.

These last two cup weeks have left us £30 out of pocket - when charging each player £5 and having to pay a pitch fee of £40 per game and £30 to the referee. In my opinion this system is unfair as what is to stop us drawing two more home ties in the next rounds - then we would be £75 down? Surely there should be a fairer system where the away side pays for the referee perhaps?

What are people's opinions?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

you may want to check this out - I offered the ref his fee before kick off this morning (we were at home) and he said the away side have already paid me as per the rules! change of rules?
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:13 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
you may want to check this out - I offered the ref his fee before kick off this morning (we were at home) and he said the away side have already paid me as per the rules! change of rules?
Wasn't aware of this? It should apply to Alliance ran cups too though if true.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

I agree with this, away team should pay the ref and home pay the pitch. We played racing club hugglescote reserves (charnwood league) 2day and in there cups they do the above system and expected us 2 pay the ref. i said thats not the rules but agreed its unfair for home team 2 pay £70-£80 and the away team pay nothing. Clubs are skint enough without having to pay for matches in which there team got pulled out the hat 1st. Be very costly if u ended up in the final with playing every other round at home.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:19 pm

Our first team manager got asked for the refs fee off cross keys manager, as they were the away side he said u aint gotta have owt off us, then the ref agreed it was the home team that covered it, has there been a rule change
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:19 pm

i had this a couple of years ago a team from charnwood league refused to pay county cup fees as they said the rules said in cup games away team pay ref,,,,turns out this was a rule in the charnwood league for their cup but not for county,,,,had to report non payment of fee to get money.....

no change of rule home team i am afraid bears all the costs,,,thats the advantage of a home draw,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Fccol

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:21 pm

I checked this out with gordon after the game as they were demanding the money from us and we checked the rules and its definatly the home team. Unfair as this is tho..
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:52 pm

I have advocated for years that there needs to be a system in place for cup games.

The reason it works on the league (in theory without resignations) is because you play the same home games as you do away, so you can split sub costs for players over 2 games.

The same cant be said for the cup. Especially if you go out in the first round. At the very least I think it should be a contribution of the referee fee (though remain the home team responsibility). But I would say that a further £10 ontop shouldn't be ruled out towards pitch given that still only makes it roughly £3.50 per player from the opposition (£3.50 x 11 = £38.50). Which is not an unreasonable amount to pay for a game.

This could only apply to league cups though, as I'm not sure the County would concern themselves.

So as for this morning, Polska yes you did get away with it!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

have you thought about approaching county fa cup committee with an official request for a rule change,,
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

Think cross keys were out the charnwood league which explains it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cup fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup fees   Cup fees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down