Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US

Go down 
+5
rocket ledge
Hellboy
Sparta3
ben
BUSFC Zack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Empty
PostSubject: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

WELL I HAVE SET UP A FACEBOOK GROUP FOR BRINGING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE WITH THE MERCURY.
I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT WILL HELP AT ALL BUT IT SURE CANT HURT. CLICK THE LINK AND JOIN, HELP US OUT.

IM BEING OPTIMISTIC, BUT I USED TO LOVE IT AND IT CAN ONLY HELP THE MERCURY SURELY?[center]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sportingblue/
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
ben

ben

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:20 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

It won't help. Sorry to spoil it for you.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

Sparta3 wrote:
It won't help. Sorry to spoil it for you.

Oh well itwill still be good to see how many people want it back as it can't Hurt Smile

I've emailed them, ya never know. Gotta keep optimistic like I do about my teams score on sundays
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

No chance, i think there was a campaign at the time, and they still scrapped it, nice to keep trying though, unless you can get mr Murdoch on board, as he runs the show in this country, even behind closed doors.

So mr Murdoch, when you do read this from your beautiful ivory tower, spare us a few quid and bring it back. Crying or Very sad

allegedly.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Hellboy wrote:
No chance, i think there was a campaign at the time, and they still scrapped it, nice to keep trying though, unless you can get mr Murdoch on board, as he runs the show in this country, even behind closed doors.

So mr Murdoch, when you do read this from your beautiful ivory tower, spare us a few quid and bring it back. Crying or Very sad

allegedly.
haha. love it,
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

isnt there still one on sale on fridays ?
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

rocket ledge wrote:

I havent seen one for ages mate, now you have made me want to go check lol
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 3:17 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:

I havent seen one for ages mate, now you have made me want to go check lol

i dont know but someone told me last week that its still for sale on fridays, correct or not i honestly couldnt say
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 9:55 pm

It will never reappear, it ended when the printing presses at the merc shut down. that is why the Merc is poor....printed out of the county in Cambridgeshire and always out of date anyway!!

Murdoch killed it when he took away the contract for printing the SUn and NoW (as was) from the Mercury presses about 5/6 years ago! Sad
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 11:47 pm

Nothing on sale Fridays. Now defunct
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 8:23 am

to be honest, it never made me buy the paper. Would look on the net
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

which is why it floundered if it was losing money
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

Won't happen

Closed because not enough people bought it simple.

Lcfc fans and tigers fans used club websites, national press and the mercury rather than waiting for the blue

Grassroots footballers would buy one or two per team and pin it up in the changing rooms or pass it around.

If I remember correctly was selling something in the region of 4,500 copies when it was canned would need to do at least 10,000 to make it profitable

Never going to get that kind of support every week
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US   BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE FOR US
Page 1 of 1