Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Passport photos

Go down 
+14
FC POCHIN
somebody
dezza
norty14
rocket ledge
Capello
CSKA17
Hellboy
Paulo
Aussie Owl
Skeems
Widds
Polska legend II
Hairy Hebrew!
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

The point i'm trying to make is, if you cant get a team, and a fine is issued, they are the rules you have signed up for under this league, so if you are not prepared to play by the rules, then dont come to this league, no excuses, other honest teams manage to do it, and other honest teams get punished and pay their dues, stick to the rules, otherwise it just ends up like a band of thugs and cheats, and people that you really dont want to associate with.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Agree, and NRI will never play ringers deliberately, but i saw in a cup competition this year where we played a player who was banned and the club got fined £150 in total (£75 club and £75 player) and kicked out of the compeition. We put the players name down and gave his name to the ref, but was still fined the same as if we had tried to cheat.
So i can see why some teams will bring a player in just to fulfil a fixture, because a fine is a fine....so maybe the individual club believes playing a ringer to ensure their club continues is not quite so bad as playing a ringer for a competitive advantage.

Just saying what i think a lot of teams will say. Perhaps my comment that they 'have a part to play' was wrong, but i stand by the other comments i make which i think some teams would agree with.

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 3:28 pm

Widds wrote:
Agree, and NRI will never play ringers deliberately, but i saw in a cup competition this year where we played a player who was banned and the club got fined £150 in total (£75 club and £75 player) and kicked out of the compeition. We put the players name down and gave his name to the ref, but was still fined the same as if we had tried to cheat.
So i can see why some teams will bring a player in just to fulfil a fixture, because a fine is a fine....so maybe the individual club believes playing a ringer to ensure their club continues is not quite so bad as playing a ringer for a competitive advantage.

Just saying what i think a lot of teams will say. Perhaps my comment that they 'have a part to play' was wrong, but i stand by the other comments i make which i think some teams would agree with.

in the said game, the lads name wasnt going on the teamsheet until it was made clear that they were sussed which left them with no option but to put his name on theteamsheet and blag it another way
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 4:39 pm

It all seems a bit ironic, that FC Tumar( have also been awarded the fair play award, or something with a similar name recently)has the same guy, who played for reem team as a ringer.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

in the said game, the lads name wasnt going on the teamsheet until it was made clear that they were sussed which left them with no option but to put his name on theteamsheet and blag it another way

are you talking about our reserves tommy? because you have made a silly comment. The saff report even mentioned that our player gave his real name to the ref when he came on as sub during the game.

please come back with a better effort.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 5:46 pm

Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

are you talking about our reserves tommy? because you have made a silly comment. The saff report even mentioned that our player gave his real name to the ref when he came on as sub during the game.

please come back with a better effort.

ok heres 1, he was asked what the fack he was doing after he gave his own name when coming on
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:08 pm

So he wasnt cheating....

Glad we cleared that up
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

think tommy is implying that he was told to give a different name by your ressies but then gave his own which is why they said what the fack you doing lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

As far as i know our player gave his real name, we named him on the team sheet...no idea what happened at the game as i wasnt there....shame as they owned Saff that day
Back to top Go down
somebody

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

Haha widds they certainly didn't own saff but did play very well!!! Water under the bridge now anyway isn't it!!! Don't see why we are still talking about it
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 9:20 pm

Hellboy wrote:
It all seems a bit ironic, that FC Tumar( have also been awarded the fair play award, or something with a similar name recently)has the same guy, who played for reem team as a ringer.

Can't blame tumar for that they probably knew nothing about it
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 9:44 pm

in the forty odd years i have been involved in football the term 'ringer' has always meant
playing a player(s) from a higher standard than the division the team are playing in to try to win
a crucial league or cup game
getting a couple of your mates who normally don't play regular football to enable you to complete a fixture
should not be classed as ringers but more as desperate measures to avoid crippling fines
both are illegal according to league rules,but i know which one is blatant cheating and should be given double the present fines
and points deduction
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

somebody wrote:
Haha widds they certainly didn't own saff but did play very well!!! Water under the bridge now anyway isn't it!!! Don't see why we are still talking about it

Haha, was going for a bite off Tommy for the 'owned' comment lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 6:13 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Can't blame tumar for that they probably knew nothing about it

Probably, not too sure, but i think someone quoted that, a lot of them were also watching this game from the sideline that day.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 9:35 am

Widds wrote:
So which option would you prefer:

a) a team only has 6 available players, they bring in a few mates to fulfil a fixture (which doesnt make an impact on promotions or relegations). Once this is done, the club then goes on to sign on new players and survives

b) the team fails to fulfil their fixture, is fined, then has to pay for a rematch, cant afford this and then folds...

As i say, in a perfect world, no ringers, but sometimes teams find it a bitter necessity

what's so say it doesn't impact promotions or relegation? Come the end of the season that win/loss/draw could be vital at either end of the table.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

very true.and that would be wrong.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Widds wrote:

a) a team only has 6 available players, they bring in a few mates to fulfil a fixture (which doesnt make an impact on promotions or relegations). Once this is done, the club then goes on to sign on new players and survives

b) the team fails to fulfil their fixture, is fined, then has to pay for a rematch, cant afford this and then folds...

As i say, in a perfect world, no ringers, but sometimes teams find it a bitter necessity

Widds without sounding daft, why couldn't the mates sign on if they where available to play?

Unless it was outside of the transfer Window? The only answer is they have something to hide.

How would you also possibly define if a game had no bearing on promotion / relegation? In such small league of 11/12, leagues can change quite easily. You can only be sure towards the end of the season.

My last musing is, and I think this is being discussed on another thread, the 5 lads coming in (in your example) do they pay subs, or as there helping out do you let them off and expect other lads to cover the cost? As say its £5 a man, this is as good as a fine anyway.

I agree that maybe, the odd 1 one player may play here and there and it may make very little difference in the scheme of things, whilst not condoning it. But if your team is down to such limited numbers in the first place, id suggest the writing was on the wall anyway.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:27 am

Everyone's making excuses, some people are twisting things, to make it sound right, the rules are there, if you really cant adhere to them, then dont get involved in the game.

Its cheating, i think if you go down that route, i dont want to hear the excuses, when found out, cheats shouldnt be degrading and poisoning our games.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

for once, completely agree Hellboy!

in my opinion if you are not able to get a team together every week then there are 2 choices..

don't enter the league or take the fines/punishments
Back to top Go down
trueblue

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

this is why the lsl are bringin in photo i.d ! if clubs fall short on the day tuff the replay the game and poss receive a fine ! on the plus side photo i.d wil stop certain clubs playin too many 1st teamers in res fixtures etc this also wil stop ringers from playin when not signed on great idea i think the f.a should look into more ! why should clubs have to suffer playin against teams in theres leagues when there opponents are playin ringers to benefit thereselves i seen it last season goin off in the lsl prem clubs playin illegal players to try and gain wins its not fair ! so fair play the lsl is sufferin losin loads off clubs but atleast there doin something about clubs breakin the rules Smile
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

Widds wrote:
somebody wrote:

Haha, was going for a bite off Tommy for the 'owned' comment lol

i had already received my nibble lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 5:37 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Widds wrote:

Widds without sounding daft, why couldn't the mates sign on if they where available to play?

Unless it was outside of the transfer Window? The only answer is they have something to hide.

How would you also possibly define if a game had no bearing on promotion / relegation? In such small league of 11/12, leagues can change quite easily. You can only be sure towards the end of the season.

My last musing is, and I think this is being discussed on another thread, the 5 lads coming in (in your example) do they pay subs, or as there helping out do you let them off and expect other lads to cover the cost? As say its £5 a man, this is as good as a fine anyway.

I agree that maybe, the odd 1 one player may play here and there and it may make very little difference in the scheme of things, whilst not condoning it. But if your team is down to such limited numbers in the first place, id suggest the writing was on the wall anyway.

It was at the very end of the season, the team in question had about 3 league games to play and one cup match, we helped out in the cup match, the team in question fulfilled that fixture and therefore didnt receive any fines, as a result they could complete their final 3 matches with no fines coming in etc.

So it was out of the transfer window, and as a cup match had no bearing on anyone else...

We offered to pay subs but the manager wouldnt take them, he insisted that the amount of money that they had saved was such that he was just happy to have a team out, the result was immaterial.

The team is now going much stronger as they realised they needed more players, which they have done in the close season. So i do feel vindicated because they have kept on going...

I guess in a long winded way, one of my main points is that whilst clubs face such big fines for failing to fulfil games etc etc then there are always going to be teams that do anything to fulfil a fixture. Its not right, its not how it should be, but its a cure that some clubs see for that problem. (rightly or wrongly)
We will only get to the idealistic situation of no ringers when clubs realise there is no way of getting away with playing ringers (photo ID across every league) and when we understand why they do it. If the clubs fine and punishment for not fulfilling a fixture wasnt so great, then perhaps they wouldnt take the risk of playing ringers....some see it as a calculated risk...

Again, i dont think its right that teams play ringers, but i can see why they do it, and i think we need to take into account the different reasons why teams do it....competitive advantage or to fulfil a fixture...its wrong in both cases, but one is a significantly lesser evil in my opinion.

At the moment we are watching clubs put a plaster over a seeping wound...maybe if the cost of first aid wasnt so high, they would treat it properly.... scratch
Back to top Go down
woodgate80

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

there will always be a way to play ringers
can just imagine sunday morning players forking out a fiver for pictures, then they will have to be stuck to forms and maybe countersigned
to make sure the pictures are real and have not been forged by some sort of super intelligence agency!! Yet if the secretary said yes this is that player what happens then?? I know an ID parade!
this is Sunday Football not the pro game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passport photos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2