Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Passport photos

Go down 
+14
FC POCHIN
somebody
dezza
norty14
rocket ledge
Capello
CSKA17
Hellboy
Paulo
Aussie Owl
Skeems
Widds
Polska legend II
Hairy Hebrew!
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

I just seen that Lsfl require two passport photos for each player signed on. Is this something from county f.a or them just being random?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 11:47 am

not heard anything at county level
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

its just at league level.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

not sure how well thought through it is, its meant to stop ringers etc, but not sure if new players signed on tho day of a game Will have to bring passport photos etc
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 5:23 pm

What a pain in the ass and a shite idea that is.

It'll never work
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

I personally think it might lead to some sides not being able to fulfill a fixture if they know they'd get done for ringers
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm

I think thats the problem...you cant sign people on the day unless you have passport photos of them??

I think its a cracking idea if its driven by County FA
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:11 pm

Widds wrote:
I think thats the problem...you cant sign people on the day unless you have passport photos of them??

I think its a cracking idea if its driven by County FA

Yes there are a number of ideas which would best be implemented across all adult Sunday Leagues. Liaison between Leagues seems to be a thing from the past and so a lead from County is the only way forward. Even then, there would need to be goodwill on all sides.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I personally think it might lead to some sides not being able to fulfill a fixture if they know they'd get done for ringers

Isnt that a good thing? to much talk at the end of last season was about ringers etc.....admittedly it is a logistic nightmare but the whole idea for legitimate teams to prosper isnt it? it would show just how hard it is to get a committed squad week in week out
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

in a perfect world i agree Paulo, but, ringers can also have a part to play, if its just to prevent a team from folding and fulfil a fixture, and doesn't impact on promotions or relegations, sometimes its a bitter necessity
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Isnt that a good thing? to much talk at the end of last season was about ringers etc.....admittedly it is a logistic nightmare but the whole idea for legitimate teams to prosper isnt it? it would show just how hard it is to get a committed squad week in week out

Heartily agree, the ruling is in place that you are not allowed to play ringers, its illegal, if it's now being said that it might be required in some cases, then whats the point in having the rule in the first place, it cant be ok for one team to do it , but another gets fined, keep it simple, get some photos job done, i cant believe what's being said on here at the moment, the rule is you cant do it, lets keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

i played as a ringer for a team last season, they knew they would lose, which they did, but if me and three others hadn't played then they would have been hit with a fine and folded. now they are actually ok, got some cash and are playing again next season
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 6:40 pm

Widds wrote:
i played as a ringer for a team last season, they knew they would lose, which they did, but if me and three others hadn't played then they would have been hit with a fine and folded. now they are actually ok, got some cash and are playing again next season

Hello kettle, its pot here, you're black!!!

Ban him for life, put him in the stocks!! bom
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 6:55 pm

Just wonder where you draw the line Widds that's all. Difficult one,

Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 8:28 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Widds wrote:

Hello kettle, its pot here, you're black!!!

Ban him for life, put him in the stocks!! bom

Haha, you been reading fifty shades of grey? put me in the stocks! lol

i agree in a perfect world no ringers, but sometimes its a genuine attempt to fill a fixture and avoid fines or folding, which is what my mates team did. different issue to playing ringers to gain advantage.

the photo idea Will stop ringers, but how many teams sign players on the day? we have done, but couldn't do that in the leicester Sunday league without i d
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

Tailking about ringers, i played in the lsl a few years ago and our last game was against aylestone. Widds was watching. Turned up with four players so rang round and had about 18 lads turn up off the saff. In the end i said to the ref and aylestone we are playing ringers but will will let you win. They were 2nd we were 2nd bottom so they had something to play for. We had to let them score a couple near the end so they won.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

i think we all know it goes on and sadly it is mainly to get clubs out of a mess and stop them breaking fixtures. i don't think many clubs do it to gain a definite advantage - the majority will do it just to get a game played. but no, it doesn't make it right at all.

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

sometimes teams play players not signed on just to fulfill a fixture and sometimes they are donkey players not exactly ringers
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 3:38 pm

rocket ledge wrote:

sometimes teams play players not signed on just to fulfill a fixture and sometimes they are donkey players not exactly ringers

Still a ringer isnt it Tommy? But yeah, hear you, and as Mark said, it goes on, and i guess the thing is, if its to fulfil a fixture and not gain a competitive advantage, then its probably the lesser of two evils...

That said, if you get to Sunday morning and havent organised to get at least 10 turn up, its a sad state of affairs, and you are probably better off folding anyway!!
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:

Still a ringer isnt it Tommy? But yeah, hear you, and as Mark said, it goes on, and i guess the thing is, if its to fulfil a fixture and not gain a competitive advantage, then its probably the lesser of two evils...

That said, if you get to Sunday morning and havent organised to get at least 10 turn up, its a sad state of affairs, and you are probably better off folding anyway!!

How have you not been locked up yet?! Laughing

Agree with what you're getting at. I've played in teams with ringers to make numbers up before, and now I think about it have played as a ringer on a Saturday before. But I'm poor and am definately of the making up the numbers sort not bringing in a good player type.
Rule has to stay as it is though, not sure there is a solution.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 7:35 pm

Many Alliance teams have discovered that the sanctions are severe.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:

How have you not been locked up yet?! Laughing

Agree with what you're getting at. I've played in teams with ringers to make numbers up before, and now I think about it have played as a ringer on a Saturday before. But I'm poor and am definately of the making up the numbers sort not bringing in a good player type.
Rule has to stay as it is though, not sure there is a solution.

Its a miracle!! lol

I think i was in the making up numbers group as well....we lost 5-0 i think!!
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

i personally think this is a good idea, we used to do this in kids footy in the coalville league and then the league would carry out random spot checks. sounds a bit extreme at kids level but it worked. only teams who play ringers would be worried as if you've got nothing to hide, why object? every year there are topics about ringers being played in big games and they affect the outcome of the league so surely from ur own teams point u'd prefere to play fair??
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

norty14 wrote:
i personally think this is a good idea, we used to do this in kids footy in the coalville league and then the league would carry out random spot checks. sounds a bit extreme at kids level but it worked. only teams who play ringers would be worried as if you've got nothing to hide, why object? every year there are topics about ringers being played in big games and they affect the outcome of the league so surely from ur own teams point u'd prefere to play fair??

Agree, but it has to be done countywide....
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 11:31 pm

I remember when i was playing u16s we all had signing on cards kept by the manager with picture included. Before the game we lined up to make sure we had correct signing on documents, bit cringeworthy thinking back.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

Widds wrote:
norty14 wrote:

Agree, but it has to be done countywide....

not necessarily Widds. after all, we do 'Lead the Way' in Sunday morning football Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

very true. now that the leicester Sunday league do it, if we did as well, that must be 80 percent of players covered
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

You'll know its widds, if you look at his photo and it looks like this...............

Passport photos Tumblr_m5nmchXoB31rsc22uo1_500
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:21 am

I wouldn't have thought people on the alliance committee would be saying its (OK) to play ringers,i'm a bit confused, it just spoils and makes a mockery of everything that honest (teams_people) fight for, if the corruption is being allowed to seep into the committee, then it needs nipping in the bud before its too late, i wonder if senior members of the committee would take action, to stamp out these people, who seem to think its ok for some and not for others, maybe some people on here, are not as honest as we thought they were.

Leading the way, lets hope its not the way of dishonesty.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

to be honest, i don't think anyone wants ringers, but there are varying types of playing a ringer, gain a competitive advantage or just to fulfil a fixture. People accept there are ringers, always Will be unless something is driven by county or all the leagues work together.

As for stamping out corruption, i think you know better than that, no corruption on the committee. Speaking for myself, i have opinions on Sunday football, but also know how it needs to be run. So whilst i know ringers are a part of the game, i also think that it needs to be dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 10:13 am

did i miss something? who said it was ok to play ringers?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

guess some teams wont be fulfilling their fixtures then.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

Widds wrote:
in a perfect world i agree Paulo, but, ringers can also have a part to play, if its just to prevent a team from folding and fulfil a fixture, and doesn't impact on promotions or relegations, sometimes its a bitter necessity

In my oppinion they'll never have a part to play, and i disagree with it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

So which option would you prefer:

a) a team only has 6 available players, they bring in a few mates to fulfil a fixture (which doesnt make an impact on promotions or relegations). Once this is done, the club then goes on to sign on new players and survives

b) the team fails to fulfil their fixture, is fined, then has to pay for a rematch, cant afford this and then folds...

As i say, in a perfect world, no ringers, but sometimes teams find it a bitter necessity
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 12:39 pm

Widds wrote:

a) a team only has 6 available players, they bring in a few mates to fulfil a fixture (which doesnt make an impact on promotions or relegations). Once this is done, the club then goes on to sign on new players and survives

b) the team fails to fulfil their fixture, is fined, then has to pay for a rematch, cant afford this and then folds...

As i say, in a perfect world, no ringers, but sometimes teams find it a bitter necessity

and pay a substantial price if found out, as they sometimes are.

How can anyone condone breaking FA/League rules?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Widds wrote:

Thank goodness mr owl, like i say, no room for cheats under any circumstances, make sure you know what you are letting yourself in for in running a team(like other teams do), and have plenty of reserves on the books legally for these eventualities, ringers, no thank you.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

I am not condoning it in the slightest, just saying that there are varying reasons for playing a ringer, sometimes a club will see it as the only way to get through a game to ensure they dont have more fines which could cost the club its future...

Personally, NRI has never been in this situation, and our manager wouldnt play a ringer, but, i can see why some clubs feel they have no other option.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:09 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Widds wrote:

Thank goodness mr owl, like i say, no room for cheats under any circumstances, make sure you know what you are letting yourself in for in running a team(like other teams do), and have plenty of reserves on the books legally for these eventualities, ringers, no thank you.

The team i helped out couldnt do this, the deadline for signing had passed, and they were not allowed to change the date of the fixture even though they asked over a week in advance.

They only had 6 available, so had two options, dont play, get fined by county and their league and then kicked out of the competition anyway, or try and get some lads in to fulfil the fixture (lost about 5-0 by the way).
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:12 pm

I'm just saying its wrong, and i have come on here and played merry hell with teams that are cheats, now after learning some people think it might be permisable, under certain circumstances, i feel i should apologise to them, particularly reem team for one, if i'd have known people on the committee had these views, i wouldn't have laid in to them so much.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

I think you are misunderstanding me....

Sometimes a club may feel they have no other alternative other than to play a ringer to fulfil a fixture rather than receive a fine and costs that may run over a £100.

Reem Team made a number of substitutions in the game that you mention, so it wasnt to fulfil a fixture.

I just think that some clubs see it as the bitter necessity that i mention....

Dont get me wrong, i dont think you should play ringers, but it can be for different reasons....but i dont think that the fines applied vary....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Passport photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passport photos   Passport photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passport photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next