Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

MDH Sports

Go down 
+10
Sparta3
Hellboy
Hairy Hebrew!
littlebigman
flipflap9
rocket ledge
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
BigTimeCharlie
Widds
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 2:54 pm

Yesterday morning i went up to MDH Sports in Market Harborough and a few points i want to air.

1. if you are getting trophies for your end season do, they have some end of line trophies with 40 percent off, well worth a look.
2. apparently stanno saw comments on here slating the free match ball and so are not backing the free kit initiative. big shame that people miss out after some ungrateful comments on here
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Is it not Stanno who sponsor the free kit initiative though? My belief was that it was sponsored from MDH and the Alliance League. I guess MDH say you have to have Stanno as they can buy those kits in the cheapest. (cheap not meaning rubbish, as they're good quality kits from Stanno)

Regarding the infamous 'Stanno Match Ball' the balls were tried as an idea, everyone realised they were not very good and that's that. People shouldn't complain too much about something they got for nothing!!

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:02 pm

yes mate stanno give MDH extra discount on the kits and they then buy them at a low enough cost that MDH can provide them and not make too much of a loss.

and agree about the football, it was free and gesture of good Will, certainly not worth the flak given
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:17 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:

Regarding the infamous 'Stanno Match Ball' the balls were tried as an idea, everyone realised they were not very good and that's that. People shouldn't complain too much about something they got for nothing!!

I do not want to open up the Stanno match ball argument again but they were FIFA Approved - the highest quality at our level. They appeared to be smaller because there was less printing on them.

MDH will not be supplying kit to Divisional champions this year and you should be aware that the balls were bought by the League.
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:25 pm

So if they're not supplying the free kits. Firstly, why? And secondly what sponsorship do they bring now? Might aswell use a different kit/equipment supplier?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:29 pm

maybe they were not impressed with some flak they got at last years meeting?....
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:32 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
So if they're not supplying the free kits. Firstly, why? And secondly what sponsorship do they bring now? Might aswell use a different kit/equipment supplier?

Watch this space
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:38 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Is it not Stanno who sponsor the free kit initiative though? My belief was that it was sponsored from MDH and the Alliance League. I guess MDH say you have to have Stanno as they can buy those kits in the cheapest. (cheap not meaning rubbish, as they're good quality kits from Stanno)

some clubs paid over 15 quid for disgraceful footballs, that is where the complaints came from, very understandable in my view
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:45 pm

Well if you did pay for them like you say, I'm sure if you aired your views regarding these in the correct manner you would of been entitled to a refund/swap (faulty goods/unsatisfactory purchase). By putting it across on here as you have done previously, all you do is tell people what they already know.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeSun 06 May 2012, 4:52 pm

and offend people at league sponsors and their suppliers.

whilst its fine to air a view, sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture rather than just your own club or opinion regarding a football, the league needs sponsors to keep going
Back to top Go down
flipflap9

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 3:42 pm

That's poor from MDH in my eyes.

Does this mean that The Alliance are no longer going to promote them as an official sponsor as all they do is offer discount they don't actually give jack s***???

Surely another company would jump at the chance too sponsor the league?
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 4:17 pm

flipflap9 wrote:
That's poor from MDH in my eyes.

Does this mean that The Alliance are no longer going to promote them as an official sponsor as all they do is offer discount they don't actually give jack s***???

Surely another company would jump at the chance too sponsor the league?
Are you actually serious? Do you honestly think that companys are knocking down Gordon/Dennis door with offers of sponsorship?
Sometimes it seems certain people on here think that the League are doing companys a favour by allowing them to sponsor us, I personaly think that the amount of stick that has been directed at MDH has been pretty poor and with out any foundation.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 4:47 pm

agree with littlebigman, MDH have supported the league financially for a long time and with offers now to alliance members. And i hope any future sponsors don't read posts like that flipflap because they may decide the potential fallout is not worth the hassle.

when i typed this post, the idea was to get forum members to realise this is a public forum and negative comments about sponsors and sports companies has a broader effect than many members realise. whilst anyone can read this forum then we, as alliance players, need to work together to make the league attractive to sponsor
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm confused! Wat have mdh done that's caused so much slagging off! We as a club have done alot of business with mdh and everytime they have given us fantastic service! Remember you don't know what you got till it's gone! you lot will only complain about the next sponsor!
I would still look to use mdh in the future discount or not!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 6:14 pm

Ungrateful spoilt ##stard's, in this financial mess, you'll be lucky to get a discount off anyone, grab it with both hands( widds yours is not big enough for 2 hands) and stop whinging on about nothing, and dont forget to say thank you to them, you'd still be moaning if they gave you stuff for free.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 9:31 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
I'm confused! Wat have mdh done that's caused so much slagging off! We as a club have done alot of business with mdh and everytime they have given us fantastic service! Remember you don't know what you got till it's gone! you lot will only complain about the next sponsor!
I would still look to use mdh in the future discount or not!

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 10:26 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Ungrateful spoilt ##stard's, in this financial mess, you'll be lucky to get a discount off anyone, grab it with both hands( widds yours is not big enough for 2 hands) and stop whinging on about nothing, and dont forget to say thank you to them, you'd still be moaning if they gave you stuff for free.

actually, I think they were last season!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 10:19 am

People like to moan.

Divisional winners got FREE kits and they moaned about paying for printing.

Every club in the league got a FREE match ball and several moaned about the quality.

Give an inch...
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 11:32 am

And now we have nothing! Thanks alot!!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 11:39 am

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 12:47 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
People like to moan.

Divisional winners got FREE kits and they moaned about paying for printing.

Every club in the league got a FREE match ball and several moaned about the quality.

Give an inch...

exactly bud, i woud rather have a free match ball than watch the money being horded by the league which some other leagues do. lets just hope people think a bit more in future about the knock on effects. and hopefully the new sponsors that come in Will be afforded more gratitude and respect, as any knock on effects could affect individual clubs and the league collectively
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 3:52 pm

I think you miss the point Widds, I was one of the main moaners but I spent about a grand with Mdh on Nike tracksuits etc, so was trying to support them and i work at a level in business where I certainly don't require educating on the current financial market and being grateful to a sponsor.

The arguments started at the meeting when a chap at the back questioned how a free kit could cost so much to print etc... (I didn't want another kit that we wouldn't use, so just rejected it). But this lad calmly tried to ask his question and Tony Sparrow shouted him down for being ungrateful and then said he would take his sponsorship elsewhere, throwing his toys out of the pram! I defended the bloke and merely pointed out that he shouldn't attend and speak in an arrogant bullying way. That is the issue! Not the sponsorship and not the quality of his merchandise..

If he is sponsoring the league then fair play! If we get a discount then even better and well done. People would use him on this basis... So ask yourself why there is such a split....and why some clubs won't use him. There is no business reason not to!! So instead of slating us! Maybe a word should also be had in another direction.... To be successful at sales you need to be able to build relationships rather than alienate people.

I am not trying to cause a fight but don't put one sided arguments up on the forum telling us how grateful we should be when there are often other factors to consider
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 3:57 pm

I'm led to believe you caused a lot of upset on that night browny, rightly or wrongly I don't know the full story but back to the main topic, how did MDH contribute to the league? Financially? I could sponsor the league and offer everyone discounts on stolen cars Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 3:58 pm

So now all the grateful teams who count on discounts from our sponsor will suffer just because one individual couldn't have a chat with Tony afterwards one to one? Cheers then!
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:03 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
So now all the grateful teams who count on discounts from our sponsor will suffer just because one individual couldn't have a chat with Tony afterwards one to one? Cheers then!

Or perhaps mr Sparrow knows it may cause a bit of bother if he withdrew his sponsorship. It's not as if he needs the money from the teams in the alliance league. perhaps people will still use MDH in the future?.
Does this mean there is no discounted kits for division winners this year?
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Wasn't one individual. Loads of people were moaning and the chap at the back didn't say anything out of order...he was just asking.
And yes I maybe should have bit my tongue but I only said what I have just said then... That he shouldn't bully people. Nothing more, so what is wrong with that. Nobody should feel bullied. (leave my greys out of this)

As for people counting on the discounts.. Maybe you should actually check the discount levels given and then see IF you were getting DISCOUNTS! Keep digging me and I will happily reopen the debate, but this should have been put to bed last year and not raised again!!

Oh and feel free to check, but I offered to donate my free kit to any other alliance team who would be grateful of the help.. They wouldn't let me.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:11 pm

Let's just hope any future sponsor is not treated like how mdh were by some people!
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:35 pm

In one ear, out of the bloody other!!

Last edited by browny15lfc on Thu 10 May 2012, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alliance Journo

Alliance Journo

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Does the Alliance have a preferred kit supplier?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 4:59 pm

browny15lfc wrote:

Oh I hear you! I just don't agree! Sorry about that
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 5:08 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
browny15lfc wrote:

Oh I hear you! I just don't agree! Sorry about that

made me chuckle
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 5:35 pm

So did me trying to order 3 x £700 Adidas kits from our preferred sponsor who really looks after us.. To be told that they were actually dearer than pro direct plus all!! Of the other companies, even with our discount..
I offered the chance to price match.... No...we have a margin to make.. Go and buy them elsewhere, was the answer. (before we fell out) and I didn't want anything special, but why should I pay £100 per kit more for the same kit?? (after both sets of printing were added / compared)
Charming! But yes I did go elsewhere and then for tracksuits for 2 seasons plus 2 more kits since.. So that's £5k of business lost through attitude.
So agree or disagree... You be bullied and pay more.

Again, I keep trying to say not to raise this issue or dig me if you know none of the facts and are making simple superficial comments... But carry on if you like and we can all fall out and I can happily share all of the other info relating to how these super discounts compare.. That will do him plenty of good won't it..

The point I keep making is that a sponsor is always good and the league are right to request that people use him, but shouldn't force people or attempt to belittle those who have a valid reason not to. It is a sponsorship and not a guarantee of profit
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 5:57 pm

There wasn't loads of people moaning at the AGM more like 3 or 4 but to me Browny the way you spoke to Tony Sparrow was poor and he was obviously offended,you can use who you like it's a free market but when you treat the leagues main sponsor like that it is no suprise to me that he took offence and it may of started off the thoughts that made MDH withdraw their sponsorship,MDH sponsor many leagues and i'm certain that the Alliance League will feel the loss of sponsorship a lot more than MDH will
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 6:54 pm

He had offended me, and the bloke at the back plus 4 teams sat next to me who I won't name but didn't like his tone either.

I am not saying I was right to have a go back. Not at all, but my point is being the sponsor doesn't make it right that he does either.

And don't you dare try and say the league lost its sponsor because I offended him. Complete slanderous twaddle!

Before I had spoken out his comment to the lad at the back was "if you don't start supporting mdh then I will go and sponsor a league who will"

To which I said he couldn't bully people in that sense, so if you want to have a go at me then please use facts rather than selective memory.

So in actual fact it appears he wasnt getting his pound of flesh. I guarantee that although a bunch of teams would religiously buy from him, I have spent more with them than 90% of alliance sides who don't spend a penny there.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 8:36 pm

I'm not going to get into a debate over this with you because i listened to the whole thing,but by saying dont you dare to me it reminds me of how you were with Tony on the night and i'm sure there were other factors involved with the halting of their sponsorship but the AGM and the Stanno episode would of done nothing at all to endear the Alliance League to their main sponsor and thats a fact
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 8:49 pm

But that's because as you say... You don't know all of the factors, nor did you know what t.s had been like previously.
I never put a foot wrong with the league..pay everything, do what I am supposed to etc but I shouldn't have to be bullied on this point either.
It wasn't just me in the wrong but obviously you want to apportion blame and feel that agm's are prime advertising space and we should give up our evenings to be sold to and talked down to.
And I will also remind you that I never started this debate again, I am merely offering the counter argument with clear, concise and factual retorts.
You come back with effectively. "I think you are wrong! So I am right". ??
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 7:53 am

We are hoping to introduce a new "Sportswear" sponsor at the A G M.

This sponsorship will again be a partnership between the sponsor, the League, its clubs and referees from which all will have the opportunity to benefit.

The League asks that our guests are treated with respect and courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Let me try and summarise and place some of the comments in this thread into context - you may agree or disagree - I have no wish to debate the individual points

MDH Teamwear have been generous and committed sponsors of the League for a number of seasons.

During that time we have promoted MDH as a kit sponsor and the company was willing to provide preferential arrangements for Alliance Clubs

It was a spornsorship partnership but it was not a mandatory requirement that member clubs had to use MDH.

MDH through a commercial arrangement with Stanno were able to provide Stanno kit for divisional winners - the actual cost to clubs being restricted to badging, numbering, sponsor names etc.

The League took advantage of such arrangements to purchase a quantity of match quality Stanno balls to give away, at no direct cost to our member clubs.

A number of adverse comments were posted on the forum about Stanno balls and kit. Being a public forum, these were seen by Stanno who believed their reputation had been damaged. This caused Stanno to review and ultimately cancel their arrangement with MDH.

MDH consider that the amount of business derived from member clubs is not reflective of the finance and time commitment spent towards the League when compared to other sponsorship partnerships which MDH are engaged in.

Comments made towards MDH and its staff at a number of general meetings caused offence and harmed our partnership.

Taking all of the factors into consideration the decision was taken to conclude the sponsorship.

As a consequence the League has received no benefit, financial or provision of goods in respect of the current season whilst continuing to promote MDH Teamwear.

The future - of course we need to attract sponsorship to maintain the level of expectation for member clubs of the Alliance League. Many member clubs find income generation difficult - we, your League Management Committee are no different.

Yes - we have been very active in recent weeks, as in addition to MDH, Leicester Mercury have also concluded their sponsorship after 15 years. Oh..and while all of this is going on, there were games to arrange, referees to appoint, website to update etc etc

If everything drops into place we hope to be in a position to tell the Annual General Meeting what we are doing to address the situation, at no additional cost to the member clubs.
As they say, a door closes, but another door opens. Hopefully we can go through it together and maintain the Alliance League at the forefront of Sunday football in the County.

Of course if you do not agree with what the League Management Committee is doing, collectively or individually, the Annual General Meeting provides the platform for discussion, and for you to do something about it

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 11 May 2012, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 4:11 pm

Seems very childish of stanno, a european company, who have felt embarrassed by the comments on a SUNDAY LEAGUE forum. If in reality they had produced a product of a reasonable quality, those comments wouldn't have been made. Surely feedback negative or positive is beneficial to a company. I hope they took the comments on board.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 4:20 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Seems very childish of stanno, a european company, who have felt embarrassed by the comments on a SUNDAY LEAGUE forum. If in reality they had produced a product of a reasonable quality, those comments wouldn't have been made. Surely feedback negative or positive is beneficial to a company. I hope they took the comments on board.

Reputation - whether individual or commercial is a highly cherished asset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MDH Sports  Empty
PostSubject: Re: MDH Sports    MDH Sports  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MDH Sports
Page 1 of 1