Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

END OF SEASON BACKLOG

Go down 
+11
BEES KNEES
CSKA Mod
rocket ledge
Pete Mourinho
Sparta3
Hellboy
Bucko
Polska legend II
Widds
Fishandchips
Neevsey
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Neevsey

END OF SEASON BACKLOG Empty
PostSubject: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 10:09 am

yes i'm whingeing again! As many will know we at Kajima have been forced to play 9 games in April in order to finish the season by the end of the month without any considerationbeing afforded to our title chances. It has taken its toll with injuries as I predicted, we have had players missing and we have a player out for six months with a broken ankle. All well and good we have got on with it and done well. 6 wins out of 7 with the title in the balance. I suggested a while ago that the season could have been extended for a week to cut teams a bit of slack. GHW are in the same position as us although not such a backlog. To win the title they need to win their last two games against 1st and 2nd and within 2 days. St Marks have had a week to rest up. We have had to play weds, this Friday against GHW and on sunday. 3 games at the end of a long hard season in 5 days. Complete nonsense as I stated before.
Now I am told that a "nothing" game between CSKA Carnabys and QPR is scheduled for Weds May 2nd???????
Why couldn't our game against GHW have been scheduled the same night to give us both an equal opportunity of winning the league instead of giving St. Marks an unfair advantage? No offence to St. Marks they dont plan the fixtures. Anybody agree with me?
I hope its true about the CSKA game as I have it only on word of mouth. Even so I still think that hard work and effort should be considered when planning fixtures instead of just ramming them in to get the season finished. It adds to players frustration.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

There's only so much the fixture sec can do to squeeze games in, throughout the season he has to contend with pitch shares, weather, cup runs, free weeks....... your not the first and won't be the last to have Aprils like this both ourselves and Saff Lounge did last season think we had 10 games each in April including a cup final apiece and still went on to finish top 2 - part and parcel of Sunday football, other teams have played one game since mid March due to getting the games in early/ teams folding - just do the best you can, it will probably mean the team with the best squad rather than the team with best 11 will come out on top......
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

did you go to the fixtures secretary with a list of alternative dates and confirmation that both teams were available? and pitch was available? and contact referees and give him a list of refs that were available? i usually find James very helpful, but even more so if you do some checking around first as he has 70 odd teams to look after.
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 11:14 am

i took it as red that what the League says goes. the only instruction being that you can bring forward but not back. No use to us. Not really the point I make tho is it
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

i think you need to speak to James or the league (or perhaps should have done) more regularly. i don't know of any other league (and I have experience of others!) where they will actively listen and try and help wherever possible, but the Alliance does. obviously it creates a dangerous precedent if we start extending the season beyond 1 May as that is usually the date the councils give us to conclude seasons (pitch etc) but you only have to look at what happened at Holmes Park to see that other issues can crop up. remember that James has to accommodate over 70 teams and does a fantastic job (yes, I know you are not saying he doesn't!) but he also has to contend with bad weather, pitch availability, postponed cup games etc. etc. and of course do it all in his spare time. i remember trinderbox booking a neutral ground floodlit midweek game last year in Feb time just to get some games out of the way and the league happily agreed to it. also clubs can do things to help like start their season a week earlier (very few take that up). it happens every year that clubs have a fixture backlog, this year has been relatively easy due to the weather, but there is only so much we can do. even chelsea were complaining about their backlog last week!
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

Faie point neevsey but saff proved last year it can be done
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm

You are right I am not having a go and being our first season in the alliance i wasnt aware of what I could and couldnt do but there you go live and learn. St Marks are more than happy with it
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

Cool The difference between St Marks and the upper class, man up, stop moaning and get on with it.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

oooo get you hellboy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Cool The difference between St Marks and the upper class, man up, stop moaning and get on with it.... Razz

Haha made me chuckle.

back to topic...go to the relevant people with a solution and you have more chance of getting what u need bud. good luck with the games
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

It's the price you pay for success or a bit of bad luck. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

Neevsey.....Not a lot can be done this year, however, as all teams are told at the handbook meeting, talk to the committee, everyone on the committee is here to help. Yes James has a very difficult job and those teams that have successful runs in the cups almost always have difficult ends to the season, unless teams drop out the league.

There is always things that can be done to assist. Midweek floodlight games, playing on Tuesday/Thursday's, neutral grounds, WNF etc

A learning point for you (and other new teams) talk to the committee and we can make suggestions to help, doesn't need to just be James.

Good luck with your last few games

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

we had 3 games a week a couple of times in april and we still won the league, in fact we are unbeaten in midweek games, sunday mornings were our problem
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 2:08 pm

yes yes yes ok ok ok im a mardy arse git proud of me lads tho
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 2:50 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
we had 3 games a week a couple of times in april and we still won the league, in fact we are unbeaten in midweek games, sunday mornings were our problem

Much more difficult to be hungover for a 6.30pm KO isn't it Rocket
lol!
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm

incidentally as a we are a new club finances are paramount so midweek floodlit is just not an option for us. i believe the pitch is 60 the ref 30 the lino's 22 each
134 pounds to play a game plus normal subs to run the club- the cost is just too prohibitive
Back to top Go down
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 2:57 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:09 pm

Neevsey wrote:
incidentally as a we are a new club finances are paramount so midweek floodlit is just not an option for us. i believe the pitch is 60 the ref 30 the lino's 22 each
134 pounds to play a game plus normal subs to run the club- the cost is just too prohibitive

you don't need lino's just because you are playing under lights! usual rules apply, might cost a little extra for the pitch but at the council rates these days i doubt it's a great deal more if you can talk a club with facilities to let you play.

We have used Harborough Town and Lutterworth Town in the last couple of seasons to get evening games played before the April rush and not at much more cost than a regular sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

ok thanks for the tip i mentioned about the lites as i have been to aylestone to watch and there were linos
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 3:15 pm

Neevsey wrote:
thanks

Another problem sorted, thats what we (the alliance forum committee members) are here for.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

don't forget bringing your season forward a week, might make all the difference come April, but very few seem keen to do it
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

We are indeed playing on the 2nd and this has mainly been due to the school facilities at Birstall and the availability. We offered to reverse the fixture previously but understandably QPR did not want to do that.

We will have also played a lot in April, one less than Kajima, and yes it's been tough especially as in previous season we've never had more than one mid-week end of season fixture. That said, we knew it was on the cards earlier in the season. You just have to deal with it I guess. It could have just as easily been your title rivals with a huge back-log. A lot of that is down to luck.

I know it's a ballache organising sixteen lads to be in same place at same time sometimes so sorting out fixtures for the Alliance deserves a medal at the end of the season.

All the best to those finishing off their Division Five games this weekend anyhow.

Luke.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012, 12:54 am

I'm not moaning u keep giving it the "big 1 " behind your computer didn't say much at the st marks game did u little man
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

Neevsey wrote:

There appears to be a misunderstanding between the Wednesday Night Football initiative and an evening game.

For WNF the League provides the venue, without cost to the teams - an admission charge being taken to cover costs. The 'home' team is responsible, as always for the Referee's fee and the Assistant Referee fees are shared between the two competing clubs - as is normal practice.

The 'home' club of course, whilst not playing on their regular pitch saves on the pitch fee for a home fixture.

For a standard evening game, the majority of our teams do not have floodlights, so games are condensed into the first couple of weeks of the season, or April/May when the nights are lighter.

However there is nothing to prevent a team approaching clubs with floodlight facilities who might allow them to be used during the season, either regularly or as a one off. The cost of the pitch on such occasions and of the referee is the responsibilty of the home club - which is no different to a Sunday morning. Assistants could be provided if requested, when again the costs would be shared between the two teams. If the home club wished to arrange a gate or collection to defray costs, that is their choice.

Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 2:33 pm

look mate you lot blew it cos you simply not good enough, stop blaming everyone else but yourselves you were two down last nite and you leave four defenders on one player just not got the desire or passion of ghw or st marks who both are simply better teams than you lot, as stokes final and title decider testifies to so just accept it

and would like to also say well done to ourselves and ghw may the best team win
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

the goalie wrote:
look mate you lot blew it cos you simply not good enough, stop blaming everyone else but yourselves you were two down last nite and you leave four defenders on one player just not got the desire or passion of ghw or st marks who both are simply better teams than you lot, as stokes final and title decider testifies to so just accept it

and would like to also say well done to ourselves and ghw may the best team win

gud luck to u both tomoz mate its fitting the two best teams will scrap it out tomoz bin a top season really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

cheers mate all the best for nxt season too , top bunch of lads your lot and gave us one of our hardest games this year so hope you win 5 nxt season
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 9:24 pm

the goalie wrote:
cheers mate all the best for nxt season too , top bunch of lads your lot and gave us one of our hardest games this year so hope you win 5 nxt season

I echo the above comments. Best of luck tomorrow. Personally hope St Marks do it but both good sides and deserving to be top two.

Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 9:46 pm

Cheers pal
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 4:50 pm

the league should try and get every team playing 3 or 4 games every midweek at the start of the season
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I don't think the backlog was that bad this season, we were finished by the start of April as were a few teams. I don't think anything needs to be changed. I think the league has it in check.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 5:53 pm

agreed Dan. can't legislate for the wettest April in history
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 6:20 pm

i dont get it its been happening in football for ages the further you go in the cups the more games you have to fit in at the end of the season just a fact deal with it
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 10:11 am

that explains the showers
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Yep, soon be summer when june comes along bud hey?
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 7:23 pm

Final game of season for us at superfly tomorrow hopefully secured a promotion spot its been very enjoyable since moving to superfly back in november and having the chance to help manage and bring in new faces, a little gutted from a personal point of view that due to injury and illness i havent played in 6 weeks so not had chance to put myself up there amongst the top 5 scorers but hopefully bag a goal or two tomoz..and well done to hoskins ressies as im pretty sure titles in the bag for them
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 8:04 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
Final game of season for us at superfly tomorrow hopefully secured a promotion spot its been very enjoyable since moving to superfly back in november and having the chance to help manage and bring in new faces, a little gutted from a personal point of view that due to injury and illness i havent played in 6 weeks so not had chance to put myself up there amongst the top 5 scorers but hopefully bag a goal or two tomoz..and well done to hoskins ressies as im pretty sure titles in the bag for them

Illness..oh no, whats been wrong?
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 8:08 pm

Hellboy wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:

Illness..oh no, whats been wrong?

Thought it was my appendics but turned out i had a stomache ulcer very painful..but bk to normal now just in time for final game
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Neevsey

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 10:25 am

harrow may get promoted Goalie!!!! not good enough? could have swore we beat you 2 1
whilst listening to the moaning and whingeing and whining of all of your crew on the line
yes we screwed it against GHW - fatigue pal of which a goalkeeper would not understand
good luck GHW
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 5:51 pm

Neevsey wrote:
harrow may get promoted Goalie!!!! not good enough? could have swore we beat you 2 1
whilst listening to the moaning and whingeing and whining of all of your crew on the line
yes we screwed it against GHW - fatigue pal of which a goalkeeper would not understand
good luck GHW

we wont mate we r folding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: END OF SEASON BACKLOG   END OF SEASON BACKLOG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

END OF SEASON BACKLOG
Page 1 of 1