Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

End of Season

Go down 
+4
Rutland boy
Aussie Owl
Lodge
Jan Molby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jan Molby

Jan Molby

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 12:28 pm

We (sporting Wigston) now have 18 league games and a miniimum of 1 cup game to get in before the end of the season. When is the last game date to be played and is there any rules/laws relating to extending the seasons predicted last day?
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:10 pm

Playin Wed, Fri, Sun when the clocks go forward should just see you through. With a floodlit game against MDH aside, you have 20 available dates to May 2nd
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:13 pm

and lots of tired legs! could be a factor for the side with lads playing saturdays too! squad size going to be crucial id say!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

The end of the season date remains under active consideration.
Back to top Go down
Rutland boy

Rutland boy

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 8:30 pm

You should be a politician Dennis, that was beautiful!! To be honest I am still worried, players, pitch and pitch hire costs, assuming we don't get anymore snow etc. what would you 'suggest' to be the most likely way to catch up. Not asking for a confirmation, just a clue or two. Weds/Fri/Sun is ok once maybe but anymore than that just seems unworkable. I can just see the look on my wifes face when I come out with that one. Let alone the lads who play Saturdays who will also be catching up midweeek. They could be asked to play 5 times in a week
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 9:04 pm

Weds/Fri/Sun three times in a month have been done many times before in the Alliance League!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 9:54 pm

Gonna be fun for my lads, some have said there only going to play midweek for there Saturday side.

Sh!t
Back to top Go down
Screech Powers

Screech Powers

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

Jan Molby wrote:
We (sporting Wigston) now have 18 league games and a miniimum of 1 cup game to get in before the end of the season. When is the last game date to be played and is there any rules/laws relating to extending the seasons predicted last day?

No, we don't Danny. We have 16 league games left and a maximum of 1 cup game to play, we ain't getting past Scrappy.

Seriously though, i asked the league if we could play a double header on a Sunday morning, because we haven't played Humbo, Magna, Desford or MDH Knights yet in the league. I suggested playing 2 games one after the other (one team would have to give up home advantage)- 30 minutes each way. 120 minutes in total, so the equivalent of a cup game with extra time. Unfortunately the mimimum playing time we are allowed to play is 70 minutes, but that would make 140 minutes of football and unless we get a massive squad turn out, i think we'd be end up with 7-8 players on the pitch by the end of the second game.

Anyway, it's an option for teams that haved big squads and really don't want to face 3 games per week for the whole of April.
Back to top Go down
riley

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 7:47 am

id rather play 3 games a week!!!! and we are going to have to
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 8:30 am

riley wrote:
id rather play 3 games a week!!!! and we are going to have to

will have a couple more signed on today or tomorrow to help with the run in
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

End of Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of Season   End of Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of Season
Page 1 of 1