Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Magna '73

Go down 
+8
Widds
Skeems
Gordon
Polska legend II
littlebigman
Hellboy
Talbotleftback
random
12 posters
AuthorMessage
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:24 am

Any1 know wat is being done about the Magna '73 - Advance Couriers game? Have the league decided wat punishment will be handed out? Just gone very quiet on this one!
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

Out of respect for both clubs sont think things will be posted on here if there was gonna be a punishment,
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

Just interested that's all. Wasn't meaning to cause a stir or anything. Just like to know there is consistency in the league!
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:34 am

thats fine im sure alot of people were wondering too, the league will deal with it in the own way
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

And I'm sure they will....but it would be nice to know how they deal with these issues for future (and maybe past) reference.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Hi random, welcome aboard, what team are you associated with? you've certainly got my attention with your first post, very interesting thoughts, would it affect you then?
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

The league don't put posts on the forum everytime they punish a team so to be consistant
they shouldn't be doing this time,if it was a league game check the table that should tell you,if it was a cup game then that would be obvious as well!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:12 pm

Very well put
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm

random wrote:
And I'm sure they will....but it would be nice to know how they deal with these issues for future (and maybe past) reference.

Discipline decisions made by the League are communicated to the Secretary of the club or clubs involved. There is always a right of appeal to the County FA against a decision.

As stated - a deduction of points or removal from a cup competition becomes rather obvious to followers.

Financial penalties will be in accordance with League and Cup rules.

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/PDFs/Rules/Legaue_%20Rules.pdf
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 7:46 am

Fair enough, I guess I knew I wouldn't get an answer. Judging by ppl's responses its like I've asled for the worst thing in the world! Maybe one of the secretaries of the clubs involved would care to enlighten us?

Hellboy, it wouldn't directly effect my team, but we may have done something similarish in the past and got punished and felt it was unjust, just want to make sure that the same is dished out to others, especially those with league connections.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 8:00 am

random wrote:
Fair enough, I guess I knew I wouldn't get an answer. Judging by ppl's responses its like I've asled for the worst thing in the world! Maybe one of the secretaries of the clubs involved would care to enlighten us?

Hellboy, it wouldn't directly effect my team, but we may have done something similarish in the past and got punished and felt it was unjust, just want to make sure that the same is dished out to others, especially those with league connections.

If you felt that a decision was unjust - you had a right of appeal to County FA

The League's Finance & Discipline Committee consists of members who have no direct association with any member club
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 11:16 am

The last Fin Disp meeting was postponed due to the snow. We have not received any punishment yet but I am expecting one. Regardless of whether I am involved with the league or not, rules are rules, if we have broken them, we should expect a punishment.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

random wrote:

If it was that unjust why did you not appeal it? The Alliance league like every other Football league in Leicestershire has rules which from what i've seen are always adhered to never mind the clubs involved,too often clubs come on the Forum moaning they've been done over,cheated out of points etc,but forget to mention they were to blame for their punishment,i think i'm right in saying the Alliance league gives awards out for Secretary of the year for each division,to win this i believe the secretarys would of had to have an entire season without any penalty so it can be done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

Punishment in. I am not going to disclose what it is but we have been punished.
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

No points then I'm guessing.....what a surprise!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 5:37 pm

random wrote:

I am involved with the league, on the league management committee, my team lost two points last season, there is a possibility of our reserves being kicked out of the cup, i have received several fines from the league this year, will have to replay a couple of games.....i think you are just coming across as bitter, people get exactly the same punishment no matter who you are, what your team has done etc etc.

Why dont you tell us your team and what happened........? Wipe the smug look off everyones collective face?
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

Widds wrote:
random wrote:

I am involved with the league, on the league management committee, my team lost two points last season, there is a possibility of our reserves being kicked out of the cup, i have received several fines from the league this year, will have to replay a couple of games.....i think you are just coming across as bitter, people get exactly the same punishment no matter who you are, what your team has done etc etc.

Why dont you tell us your team and what happened........? Wipe the smug look off everyones collective face?

if what you type is true about same punishments for all, why in the same typings say only possibly kicked out of cup, rules are rules so to speak

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

people get exactly the same punishment no matter who you are,

time will tell on that 1
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

i think he probably meant it's still pending a hearing or something
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Exactly, unfortunately Tommy always thinks sinister things! affraid
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 7:58 am

It is my point of view and I'm sticking with it. The League love to dish out punishments and rarely take the circumstances into consideration. I don't see why they can't take each incident on a case by case basis, looking closely at what happened and the circumstances and then come back with a more sensible and suitable punishment. Seems Magna will manage to miss the points deduction, which as I said, is no surprise whatsoever. Refuse to play a match due to the so-called bad conditions when the opposition, ref and more importantly some of their own team agree it is fine and only a fine: yep, that is fair justice.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 8:37 am

random wrote:
It is my point of view and I'm sticking with it. The League love to dish out punishments and rarely take the circumstances into consideration. I don't see why they can't take each incident on a case by case basis, looking closely at what happened and the circumstances and then come back with a more sensible and suitable punishment. Seems Magna will manage to miss the points deduction, which as I said, is no surprise whatsoever. Refuse to play a match due to the so-called bad conditions when the opposition, ref and more importantly some of their own team agree it is fine and only a fine: yep, that is fair justice.
you are a prize p***k
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 9:02 am

random wrote:

According to a source on a Facebook page, Magna have not escaped a point deduction after all.

Some people do have some very strange views on how a management committee operate.
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 9:40 am

littlebigman wrote:
random wrote:
you are a prize p***k

Well thanks for your intelligent input there, really shows your level of maturity and ability to participate in a discussion. Well done.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 9:44 am

random....I think you're being a bit harsh on the comittee here. It is not fair to accuse them if bias or anything like that.

We at Sparta Moshdock have been deducted points this season and whilst we didn't really think it was fair given all the reasons and circumstances we didn't kick up a fuss about it.
We asked if it was worth appealing and told politely not to waste our time. We are very disappointed about it and don't like the little star next to our name as it immediately makes us look like cheats when people don't know the full facts, but we left it at that and (until now!) haven't mentioned it on the forum and just got on with playing football.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 10:30 am

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Exactly, unfortunately Tommy always thinks sinister things! affraid

Oi thats my department thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down..calm down......I think thats supposed to mean plank?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

We have been given a 1pt deduction as well as a fine which is the rule for causing a postponment.

There. Hopefully everything settles down. This is genuinly a pointless argument. If rules are broken - no matter the club - then the punishment comes in.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

disappointed that 'random' won't reveal his club? If its such a bad decision by the league, why not tell people your team and why you were deducted points and finally why you shouldn't have been deducted? Why not heap shame on the corrupt and inconsistent league committee? That's the only way that this thread will get any credibility...if you are correct in what you say, I assure that plenty of people will support you in what you are saying?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
We have been given a 1pt deduction as well as a fine which is the rule for causing a postponment.

There. Hopefully everything settles down. This is genuinly a pointless argument. If rules are broken - no matter the club - then the punishment comes in.

Not necessarily the case.

The league has discretion over many of the rules/punishments and they are (in my experience) looked at case-by-case.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

Quote :
Not necessarily the case.

The league has discretion over many of the rules/punishments and they are (in my experience) looked at case-by-case.

Yeah, I know that but when a case is proven there is no lieniency just because i'm involved with the committee.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

kev, is this your first very own thread?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

I think so!!

I feel special
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

random wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
random wrote:
you are a prize p***k

Well thanks for your intelligent input there, really shows your level of maturity and ability to participate in a discussion. Well done.
judging by your forum posts upto now being called a prize p***k is the level of comment you deserve,if i put anything mature and intelligent it would have to be explained to you
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 8:01 am

littlebigman, I highly doubt you would have the ability, intelligence or wit to be able to confuse me. The fact that your only comment consisted of you insulting me shows your level of maturity. I don't mind everyone else's comments as at least they took part in a discussion and put their points across without resorting to verbal abuse. If you don't like my opinion fair enough, but that is all it is, my opinion, to insult someone for that when it is a subject such as this is typical of someone with less intelligence and ability to form any kind of mature response.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 8:12 am

random wrote:
littlebigman, I highly doubt you would have the ability, intelligence or wit to be able to confuse me. The fact that your only comment consisted of you insulting me shows your level of maturity. I don't mind everyone else's comments as at least they took part in a discussion and put their points across without resorting to verbal abuse. If you don't like my opinion fair enough, but that is all it is, my opinion, to insult someone for that when it is a subject such as this is typical of someone with less intelligence and ability to form any kind of mature response.

Jeremy Kyle here you come
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 8:15 am

Again, shows the level you are working at, well done!
Back to top Go down
OBSERVER

OBSERVER

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 10:40 am

Come on Mr random spill the beans, Let everybody know how unfair the comitee are towards your team! Explain how your team did nothing whatsoever to break any rule set by the league, This could be an intresting read.
Back to top Go down
random

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

I don't have to defend myself, I stated an opinion, that is the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magna '73 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna '73   Magna '73 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magna '73
Page 1 of 1