Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Resignation - AFC Hurricanes

Go down 
+3
Rusty Nuts
Polska legend II
Gordon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Empty
PostSubject: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

Following another postponement, I regret to advise that AFC Hurricanes have now resigned with immediate effect. There playing record in D2 will be deleted and the table updated.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

not surprising in truth but a great shame as they had some good lads there
Back to top Go down
Rusty Nuts

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

Yep unfortunately finances and players commitment has been the death of us this year.

But yeah when we had everyone available we could give anyone a game even against the likes of advance, prem and hockley rangers we held our own in our hey day

We'll be back!!!
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:55 pm

Rusty Nuts wrote:
Yep unfortunately finances and players commitment has been the death of us this year.

But yeah when we had everyone available we could give anyone a game even against the likes of advance, prem and hockley rangers we held our own in our hey day

We'll be back!!!

Just make sure your back with the intentions of seeing the season out then as its looks like your decision to pull out has had a big effect on guthlaxtons title hopes
Back to top Go down
Rusty Nuts

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

Capello we didn't purposely leave the league to disrupt anyones title bid. its unfortunate that gutho have played us twice already and yes they will lose points and goals. but it will also affect foxes aswell.

we would've happily carried on with funds and players but unfortuantely its a decision we have had to come to
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

i don't think anything can derail the foxes title bid this season, yes gutho will be gutted to lose 6 points (as we are to lose 3) but Foxes are head and shoulders above the rest this season. as for hurricanes, if they do come back, don't sign on anyone that let you down! let them ruin someone else's club!
Back to top Go down
Rusty Nuts

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

Believe me our lessons have been learnt as its something we didn't want to end up doing.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 11:48 am

Rusty Nuts wrote:
Believe me our lessons have been learnt as its something we didn't want to end up doing.

Unlucky pal, send my regards to Danny Mcnulty, what a player hard as ###k but always within the rules.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Rusty Nuts wrote:

Unlucky pal, send my regards to Danny Mcnulty, what a player hard as ###k but always within the rules.
A man of low football skill and a mouth bigger than the mersey tunnel,he won't be missed by this Ref Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

ha ha from the heart that one. by the looks of things he didn't have much involvement with Hurricanes this season?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Nuts

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 7:26 pm

nah he played when he wasn't working weekends which at the minute was pretty much everyweek so he was missed this year but yeah very good player when he wanted to be.

yeah i dont think many refs will miss us!! we could defo moan
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

don't think u were that different from many other sides. but McNulty was always a presence in your side and yes you were a lot worse off without him
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 8:16 pm

Rusty Nuts wrote:
nah he played when he wasn't working weekends which at the minute was pretty much everyweek so he was missed this year but yeah very good player when he wanted to be.

yeah i dont think many refs will miss us!! we could defo moan

Some refs will... Smile
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

Capello wrote:
Just make sure your back with the intentions of seeing the season out then as its looks like your decision to pull out has had a big effect on guthlaxtons title hopes

I don’t think it really affects us to be fair, at the end of the season every team will have played the same amount of games against the same teams, so the fact that we lost 6 points now is irrelevant. Yes it gives you one less game to slip up in, something we now require. But I mean this with all due respect to the lads of Hurricanes, I didn’t see it happening against them

If we look at it in more practical terms, yes it’s disappointing that the points have gone, but over 2 games against Hurricanes we had a goal difference of +5, Foxes had a goal difference of +12 over one game, and as mentioned above in all likely hood more positive goals to come, it’s actually probably slightly helped us than hindered us and had more of an effect on you guys .

I think it’s all academic anyway, as we had the chance to put it in our own hands last Sunday, and your performance made sure that wasn’t the case.

The only thing I’m gutted about (other than the pen save at 2-2 that now counts for the square route of bugger all) is we had a lad sent off against them (causing the aforementioned penalty) so that’s a player £30 out of pocket and missed a game for no reason.

Still, sad to see another team go, like the St Pats boys, had a lot of time for the loyal players of both clubs, and I know that in both cases the people who ran the clubs wouldn’t have taken the decision lightly. Sometimes, player commitment takes its toll and why should people continue kill themselves to keep things going when others just can’t be @rsed. Wrong or right, at least this way the people being punished are those who the downfall is down to. I can’t imagine the players of Hurricanes will be too happy when a huge fine arrives at the door. In reality this could have been less if they had packed up weeks ago, but it surely shows they gave it everything to avoid this route. Most likely, the secretary, manager are signed on as well so will have increased their individual fines by postponing games rather than fold.

Those thinking they have taken the easy way out need to look at the past 2/3 seasons when both clubs have struggled on the field but kept it going. I think that deserves respect to those who gave their time and best to see it out for so long. There are teams (I won’t mention names) who are well known for forming, being successful, getting promoted, and then folding before any kind of hard work is needed. Then re-forming again. Those are the teams that need the stick directed at them. Not those who are some of the longest serving on the league.

This may seem like a club official union, but sometimes it irks me when people think it’s black and white. It’s very easy for players just to turn up and play. Ok you may get asked to run the line occasionally and put up the odd net, but is that such a big ask in reality. Many hands and all that?

As people who have performed a role will know, being a club official when the going is good is an easy thing, when it’s tough, it is a horrible thing to do. I have never asked for praise or thanks of our lads (or anyone) to do what I do, nor would I. The only thing I ask is that they turn up, enjoy the game, win or lose, when that happens it’s all worth it. When it doesn’t, all the enjoyment goes, and then the questions creep in, if I don’t enjoy it, why should I do it?

The biggest thing I think contributes to a downfall of a club, is the communication. It doesn’t take much to take 10 seconds throughout the week to let the manager know if your available or not, and keep to that word. There is nothing worse than having to phone round on a Saturday night / turning up on a Sunday morning not knowing if you have 11 men. People who sight phone credit as reason need to take a look at themselves, in this modern day world there is so many forms of technology to get a message to someone that it is just not a valid excuse.

Last edited by CalamityScouse on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 12:17 pm

good post mate. nice to read your opening comments - for years people have whinged along the lines of 'that team that folded meant we lost 6 points which meant we lost the title' - NO! As you quite rightly say, it's how you do against the remaining teams that counts.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm

just one other thing - both Hurricanes and St Pats were fairly long standing, well established clubs. There must be a pattern forming as to why these clubs fold - I think we as a league should study the reasons very closely and see if there is anything we can do to prevent it happening as often. You'll never totally stop clubs folding, but I'm sure there are lessons that can be learned by many
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - AFC Hurricanes   Resignation - AFC Hurricanes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resignation - AFC Hurricanes
Page 1 of 1