Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Wednesday Night Football - the next one

Go down 
+16
themightystar
KajimaFC
Jenko
dezza
saff lounge
greeeedy
Magna Ranger
Polska legend II
Hairy Hebrew!
Skeems
chopper
bad tekkers
Hellboy
PEEWEE
OBSERVER
Aussie Owl
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

I think you about nailed it on the head with that match report greedy

I think we allowed pearson too much space to do what he wanted and what he wanted to do was pure class in my opinion! Thought your keeper had a very good game.

Will have to get you that fosters when you come to our ground

I thought the ref had a very good game but will leave my comments about the linesman out as they have already cost me a tenner.

Also how have you not won a game before last night with a team like that?
Back to top Go down
KajimaFC

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

Yeah we thought it was a very good game end to end at times. Pearson trained with
Us a few times in the summer (just for fitness
Obviously no intention of signing) and he was a different class which he showed again last night.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

I agree that it was a cracking game of football and a great advert for Alliance League Football.

I completely agree - a credit to both clubs and to the League - it is a pity there were not more to see it,.

Watch out for details of the next one.
Back to top Go down
themightystar

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

Great game for the neutral end to end... Bullies defending was 'heroic' at points right back slid into the post at one point to stop a goal. Both teams missed numerous 1 on 1's, sitters, open goals. If it wasn't for poor finishing game would've been 10 all.

Even first half, Magna controlled the possession but Bullies were excellent on the counter - Ash Day had a good game and Pearson was alright Shocked lol

Second half was mixed again end to end until Bullies went 3-2 up and started to dominate the game. Magna collapsed and conceeded 2 more on the counter, Bullies looked comfortable to see the result out.

Must say thought there was a couple of very dodgy offsides for Magna where they were through and Bullies left back clearly played them on twice by a good few yards.

All in all for entertainment value what more could you ask for, and it only cost £2!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

Kinnell where were you standing right behind the lino? sounds like you're the only one with the gripe, must run in the blood.

It was a brilliant game, i went to watch, to those of you that missed it you really should have made the effort to go, it was a cracking game between 2 cracking evenly fought sides, it was buzzing buzzing buzzing as someone kept shouting, great win for the bullies. Looking forward to the next one......it was quite funny seeing the Magna goalie kicking the goalposts after letting a few in, i bet that goalposts covered in bruises this morning, and look at that score, i'm so glad i had a £10 bet at 33/1 with the (Polska Legend the bookie), telepathic or what.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Hellboy - with your undoubted experience how did the standard of this game compare to the Saturday pyramid?

Nth Leicester/District/Senior Comb/Senior or higher?

What does the rest of the crowd and players think?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 12:35 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Kinnell where were you standing right behind the lino? sounds like you're the only one with the gripe, must run in the blood.

It was a brilliant game, i went to watch, to those of you that missed it you really should have made the effort to go, it was a cracking game between 2 cracking evenly fought sides, it was buzzing buzzing buzzing as someone kept shouting, great win for the bullies. Looking forward to the next one......it was quite funny seeing the Magna goalie kicking the goalposts after letting a few in, i bet that goalposts covered in bruises this morning, and look at that score, i'm so glad i had a £10 bet at 33/1 with the (Polska Legend the bookie), telepathic or what.

Hellboy how come you didn not come an introduce yourself?

The goal posts did take a kicking from me due to frustration with my own team, but it just frustrates me when some people act like they do not care about winning or put the effort in
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

hahaha the ref killed me las night when he went 'come on then son thats easy enough' and booked him!hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

Magna no1 wrote:

I think we allowed pearson too much space to do what he wanted and what he wanted to do was pure class in my opinion! Thought your keeper had a very good game.

I thought the ref had a very good game but will leave my comments about the linesman out as they have already cost me a tenner.

like i said to you last night jenko we have played similar in all our games just couldnt score for toffee.. against advance couldve easily been 7-7 if we took our chances where as they took all theirs thats what made the difference. same for gt and prem then glenny we got back into the game and handed it back to them on a plate in the last 10 mins with some shambolic defending. hopefully this might give us a kick up the backside and pave the way for us to get a few more results under our belt and hopefully a cup run going
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:13 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
stewart walker is a poor ref

he was very good last night mate honestly let the game flow where he could and got nearly every decision right a good performance from him
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

like i said to you last night jenko we have played similar in all our games just couldnt score for toffee.. against advance couldve easily been 7-7 if we took our chances where as they took all theirs thats what made the difference. same for gt and prem then glenny we got back into the game and handed it back to them on a plate in the last 10 mins with some shambolic defending. hopefully this might give us a kick up the backside and pave the way for us to get a few more results under our belt and hopefully a cup run going

Well if you keep going forward like you did last night i dont think you wil struggle at all and expect you to pull it back and be up there. Was very glad mobbsy and kyle werent having the best of days, just needed pearson, ash day and your keeper to have had the same lol looking forward to the return game though
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm

greeeedy wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:

he was very good last night mate honestly let the game flow where he could and got nearly every decision right a good performance from him

fully agree thought he did a good job last night
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:48 pm

Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

Well if you keep going forward like you did last night i dont think you wil struggle at all and expect you to pull it back and be up there. Was very glad mobbsy and kyle werent having the best of days, just needed pearson, ash day and your keeper to have had the same lol looking forward to the return game though

yeah will be a good un as always... do you still play on that small pitch or you got the good one with the box nets and that this season?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

yeah will be a good un as always... do you still play on that small pitch or you got the good one with the box nets and that this season?

Still on the far one, the manager dont wanna use the one with the box nets for some reason despite us all asking to use that pitch
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm

Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

Still on the far one, the manager dont wanna use the one with the box nets for some reason despite us all asking to use that pitch

yeah id much rather play on the good one too that far one is tiny, similar to kirbys, you played on that one thats mega small like a 6 a side pitch with tall goal posts lol
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

yeah id much rather play on the good one too that far one is tiny, similar to kirbys, you played on that one thats mega small like a 6 a side pitch with tall goal posts lol

not been to kirbys ground yet but heard it is bad, the tall goal posts dont bother me being as lanky as i am lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Hellboy - with your undoubted experience how did the standard of this game compare to the Saturday pyramid?

Nth Leicester/District/Senior Comb/Senior or higher?

I'm not much for the Saturday leagues myself, i prefer Sunday football more, as far as the standard there were some very good players on the field, both sides, the thing that amazed me was how much energy the players had at the end of the game, from what ive seen of the Saturday stuff i think last nights game was top ho...but i suppose i'm very biased towards this league and always will be.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

Magna no1 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

The goal posts did take a kicking from me due to frustration with my own team, but it just frustrates me when some people act like they do not care about winning or put the effort in

Och you know me i like to remain a little elusive around the pitch, all adds to the fun(debatable)....i dont remember anyone not putting in the effort, it looked great stuff from where i stood.

The officials were spot on too, kept the game flowing pretty well, dont push your luck too far next time, learn to keep that temper under control.... Cool
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

Magna no1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:

fully agree thought he did a good job last night

He's just what this league needs....if anyone else would like to come forward and volunteer, feel free.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:36 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Och you know me i like to remain a little elusive around the pitch, all adds to the fun(debatable)....i dont remember anyone not putting in the effort, it looked great stuff from where i stood.

The officials were spot on too, kept the game flowing pretty well, dont push your luck too far next time, learn to keep that temper under control.... Cool

I think there was a few of our players who could of contributed alot more to last nights game and i think some of them were thinking they are unbeatable after beating advance on sunday

Agree with you Helly the ref was very good and my temper has cost me a £10 lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 6:44 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Magna Ranger wrote:
Bomma and Harry Sandhu will both be there on wednesday. Id take a 1-0 win right now, keep the momentum going. Be a huge disapointment if we dont get 3 points.

in all honesty cant see us beating you at the minute the way we are playing. ill predict magna to go 2-0 up then bullies to get back level then after all the hard work getting back into it us to throw it away at the end and lose 5-2. 3 magna goals in last 10 mins as per usual with us Wink

i'll have 10p on the bullies for a 5 - 2 win, i tells ya.

a 5-2 bullies win is 33-1

pay the man Wink

if only he had actually placed the bet. then I would happily have given him his £3.30
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

I agree that it was a cracking game of football and a great advert for Alliance League Football.

I completely agree - a credit to both clubs and to the League - it is a pity there were not more to see it,.

how many die hards were on the terraces Dennis?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

Hellboy wrote:

i would gladly have taken your 10p Hellboy. we need winners in times of recession
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

Magna no1 wrote:

I know for a fact that the ref didnt want to book you, however one of the other officials was adamant that he should, which swayed his outcome, and unfortunately thats the point to which you recieved the card.

It might have even been me..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
steve74

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

have got to say the game last night was just box to box never ending entertainment. both sides played extremely well and the score should've been easily 8-8 all minimum. I was surprised by Magna's right back reminded me of Alves where was he snapped up from? never seen him play sunday's before he never stopped running to support both the attack and defence
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 7:48 pm

Watched last night and thought it was a great game and glad to see bullies get back to winning ways!! Thought sometimes pearson and mobbsy tended to hold onto to the ball to long when there was an easy pass they could make and thought ash day played the best I've seen him play!! Little lad in the middle for magna was good and they looked much improved from last season!! Got to say though for me the highlight of the night was morley telling us some stories about being a bookie !!

Back to top Go down
steve74

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

yeah all round was a great team effort but fitness struck and thats where Bullies shone!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

About 25!!! had the pleasure
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

Quote :
have got to say the game last night was just box to box never ending entertainment. both sides played extremely well and the score should've been easily 8-8 all minimum. I was surprised by Magna's right back reminded me of Alves where was he snapped up from? never seen him play sunday's before he never stopped running to support both the attack and defence

Harry Sandhu his name is, one of John Grady's friends from his time at Kirby Muxloe I think. Currently plays for FC Dynamo having been one of the many ex GNG players that went there. Has played every week except against Prem Sports so far this season although he is unavailable for Sunday.

I was and still am Gutted that we lost but at least we served up some entertainment for everyone and we can be of no doubt that we will still compete this season but a couple of players didnt give 100% on the night and that was dissapointing.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 9:49 am

Hellboy wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:

I know for a fact that the ref didnt want to book you, however one of the other officials was adamant that he should, which swayed his outcome, and unfortunately thats the point to which you recieved the card.

It might have even been me..... Shocked

Haha will just have to settle for never knowing your true identity hell boy!

Yes I know Stewart was reluctant but in all honesty you cant go mad at an official like i did and fully deserve a yellow card
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

dezza wrote:
Watched last night and thought it was a great game and glad to see bullies get back to winning ways!! Thought sometimes pearson and mobbsy tended to hold onto to the ball to long when there was an easy pass they could make and thought ash day played the best I've seen him play!! Little lad in the middle for magna was good and they looked much improved from last season!! Got to say though for me the highlight of the night was morley telling us some stories about being a bookie !!

For me dezza thats the worst I have seen Lee tyers play (the little lad in midfield) he is normally outstanding and a lot better than that
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

Quote :
For me dezza thats the worst I have seen Lee tyers play (the little lad in midfield) he is normally outstanding and a lot better than that

I think Dezza meant Bainesy (the lad with the pink boots)
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Bainesy did well until he got in front of goal all night and choked every time apart from one
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

pink boots No No No i thought he was the one who played on the right, 10 out of 10 for effort, but apart from his finishing he was excellent, i dont think he'd have scored in a brothel on the night, as for Lee i thought Magna were wanting too much from him all game, but he didnt stop trying, best moment of the match for me was when he brought one of the bullies who was about 6ft crashing down....not maliciously though
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

Yeah Bainesy played Right wing in a 4-3-3 first half then dropped to right midfield in the 2nd half when we changed to 4-4-2. Those were my pink boots he borrowed (FACT!) and he is quality player - both him and Cartwright are only 18 and both so good, they will only improve and there finishing will become much more lethal in future. Lee Tyers is struggling with a hernia so probably why he wasn't "as good" as he has been recently, hopefully he doesnt need an op
Back to top Go down
themightystar

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

Magna no1 wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Bainesy did well until he got in front of goal all night and choked every time apart from one

Hammering your lad a little there aren't you especially if he's only 18?

From what I remember you didn't have the best of nights keeps?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

About 25!!! had the pleasure

viva the hardcore
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

themightystar wrote:
Magna no1 wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Hammering your lad a little there aren't you especially if he's only 18?

From what I remember you didn't have the best of nights keeps?

No not really hammering he was brilliant until he got in front of joke, not slagging off his performance as it was a good perfromance from him bar his finishing!

It was not a good night as in i let 5 goals in but if you analyse each goal there was nothing i could do for any of them, unless you think differently?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

dezza wrote:

told me the same story dezza after the match then went into details about his school days thats when i made a quick sharp harp if you no what i mean Laughing ......... good bloke tho to be fair.
mobbsy was terrible and has been all season more interested in whats going on on the touchline lately rather than playing football. Dave took a right gamble taking off a defender for ebony as i wouldve definately subbed mobbsy but it payed off so fair play to him
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

steve74 wrote:
yeah all round was a great team effort but fitness struck and thats where Bullies shone!!

lol im very suprised at that statement most of em are on the wacky backy and proper p*ss heads so really done well to last the full 90
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - the next one   Wednesday Night Football - the next one - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Night Football - the next one
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next